Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] (27369 Views)

Lady Boils Tomatoes And Onions Before Blending (Photos) / See The N100 Fresh Pepper And Onions I Bought This Morning / Policemen Pack Onions With Their Helmets In Kogi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Healinicblog: 11:02am On Nov 03, 2016
Never mind the tears they bring on–onions are an ace ally in your fight against disease. A prized member of the lily family, onions lavish you with health benefits while adding oodles of taste to your food. Not to mention you can buy a bundle from the grocery store for mere pennies.

Here’s a quick glimpse at their incredible health benefits:

1. The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C help improve immunity.

2. Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.

3. For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.

4.Do you enjoy sliced onions with your food? If yes, rejoice! Raw onion lowers the production of bad cholesterol (LDL), thus keeping your heart healthy.

5. A powerful compound called quercetin in onions is known to play a significant role in preventing cancer.

6 Got stung by a honeybee? Apply onion juice on the area for immediate relief from the pain and burning sensation.

7. Onions scavenge free radicals, thereby reducing your risk of developing gastric ulcers.
Those bright green tops of green onions are rich in Vitamin A, so do use them often.

Which type of onions are the healthiest? Researchers from Cornell studied 11 onion varieties, and found that shallots and Western yellow onions were the healthiest for their phenolic and flavonoid content.

health source :: http://healinic..com.ng/2016/10/health-benefits-of-onions.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by afanide: 11:27am On Nov 03, 2016
Same with Garlic as they belong to thesame family.......

6 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
grin
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Turks: 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ever had Onion before going to bed?

Say a big HELLO at close range to your haters the following morning and enjoy their reaction. grin grin

That's a benefit too I reckon.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Healinicblog: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
For More Health and tips Always Visit >> [url]healinic..com[/url]
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by siraj1402(m): 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
Excellence healer
Onion +honey+red vinegar (khal tufa) in the right proportion and boil to certain degree will cure weak E*rection and weak libidos permanently. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by rabex123(m): 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
I love onions sha..
What of cucumber.
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by EgusiSoup: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
Buhari undecided
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Goziemartins: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
I hate onions like kilode.... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
The fact that onions open my tearducts negates any benefits they might offer...NO TO ONIONS.

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by registration(m): 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
I dont like seeing onions in my food.

Dont know why

3 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Chuknovski(m): 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
I love seeing onions inside my fried eggs. grin

6 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by dauddy97(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
I dont like seeing onions in my food.

Dont know why

same here too

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by johnstar(m): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
K
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Burger01(m): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
I take them out of my food angry

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Scatterscatter(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Some people will not comment since it's not cucumber #teamcucumber twale!

5 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
I used onion as home remedies for hair treatment - thinning,breakage, bald.
just grind D hell out of it to get those juice, apply those juice on ya hair, wash it off after 10 minutes with shampoo for the odour, if u ain't go no where it would prefer to wash with shampoo.
I also use these following -

EGGS
LEMON
ORANGE
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by omoadeleye(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Uhm
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Jokerman(m): 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
Onion very important. .. especially for roasted meat and fish.... barbecue and suyer!!

Everything God created is good... Another reason we must worship and praise him continually

17 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by yahmohy27: 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
I love onion especially in local 'banbara ' grin[banbara made from local starch ]
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by tonquendo4u(m): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
afanide:
Same with Garlic as they belong to thesame family.......
Garlic is d most powerful medication ever liveth.Much better dn onions.But it can smell ek

3 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Peterpanny: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
Onions and garlic chew together with 2 tablespoon of original honey na another source of man power.it can make you last long with rigid turgidity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by allytinted: 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
O
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Cof1ex(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
change of topic pls::
CUCUMBER'S BENEFIT !!!
Do you know that cucumber contains a lot of water which helps in blood circulation?
Abeg add your own........

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by awesomet1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
[size=18pt]I L O V E O N I O N S[/size]
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Sammyprinceson(f): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
I hate Onion the way I hate Yoruba girls!

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by hefelove(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
I love onions die!!!! cheesy I always slice it in my indomie but after eating it my mouth go kan dey smell angry
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by hefelove(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
RETIREDMUMU:
just grind D hell out of it to get those juice, apply those juice on ya hair, wash it off after 10 minutes with shampoo for the odour, if u ain't go no where it would prefer to wash with shampoo.

EGGS
LEMON
ORANGE
U mean if a bald person grind onions and put the juice on his hair he won't go bald again? angry
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by blueskies(f): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Does onions improve the whitness of the eyes?

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
RETIREDMUMU:

EGGS
LEMON
ORANGE

What is this one saying?

they're talking of health benefits you are talking of your hair
Re: Health Benefits Of Onions [must Read] by Switup: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
Burger01:
I take them out of my food angry
no vex na... lol

awesomet1:
[size=18pt]I L O V E O N I O N S[/size]
u know d deal esp wen u come and go and slice them big big inside stew.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Always Cook Rice On Sundays? / Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / How To Make Nigerian Salad: Full Steps, Method And Ingredient Required.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.