Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? (7133 Views)

Did God Created Hellfire Before Or After Creating Adam And Eve? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 11:59am On Nov 03, 2016
Okay Folks, This is the my honest truth. Years back, the thought of hellfire, i mean, burning eternally in side fire scared the shiit out of me. I was not scared but very angry that God knew how difficult it is to live in this sin riddled world and maintain a pure holy Christian life fit for His kingdom, why did he create me?

To start with, i didn't ask to be created. I wasn't consulted if i wanted to come here. Why bring me here without my consent and then subject me to the (Pain i was going through at the time. As
I was facing Amputation).

I was going through very tough times. I had prayed all kinds of prayers, it seemed God was either dead or wasn't interested.

I wanted to die. I actually attempted it. Yes, i had sent and bought what i wanted to drink without my folks knowing why i sent for it. But the fear of going to hellfire if i killed myself was gnawing at me. (Dear bone fracture pains is torturous, and i had to endure it for Ten straight years).

That fact angered me even the most. I felt trapped. My life was Miserable,. As far as i was concerned, my life was over even before it began, I wanted out, but could not get out on my terms. I was angry at God.

But one thing was certain, it never occured to me to think of who I was before the accident. Did i do was i was suppose to do as a Christian girl? did i work into satans trap with my own legs? Did i willingly make myself Vulnerable?

Well, a loving father should not hold any of my misdemeanors against me. My Loving heavenly father should ve used another means to correct me, not allow satan hit me down. Did he say he loves me? Where is the Mercy we hear about?
All the questions folks ask here, i asked.

Well. Yahweh had disappointed me so, i needed to find out what others outside of Christianity talked about these things. I went into New Age Religion and started reading and seeking. I became fascinated with the works of Thursday Lopsanrampa. and other works too. I was open to everything.

As Fate could have it, I met a Christian Science Guy who was happy to lead me on, I followed.

If i had met Sarasin then (lol, love you man) i would have followed him and be a very committed follower.
But deep down, i had this hollow, a vacuum inside of me. A yearning that i wanted filled, but i didn't know what it was or how to go about filling it. I kept reading. Anything printed in English i would read, but i couldn't just throw away the christian god.

On the night i was to drink the poison, God came into my room and asked me questions. I could not have asked myself that, and no one was awake, and no one knew what i wanted to do, for i had time everything. I said, before anyone would know what was going on and get me help, i would be dead.

He said, Do you remember the accident Scene? Do you remember how close you were from being over ran by another car? You saw it (And i did). Did you stop the tires from climbing you?

There and then, i found myself in the scene of the accident again, and the scare of that approaching car which was with me for a long time returned. Then he heard Him say, 'I WAS THERE'.

I broke down and started crying that night. I asked for forgiveness and the grace to bear whatever was ahead of me.

The next day i woke feeling like was soaked inside Joy. I told my folks what happened everyone was shocked that i could even think it. For everyone had left their lives, put everything in hold just to be with me. Just imagine how selfish i was.

Now here is the question. Answer it sincerely if you'll be justified.

If you were to die today and God says to you "Why should l let you into my heaven, what reasons will you give Him?".

Bare in mind, it is His heaven.

Even ordinary Nairaland has its rules. To come inhere, you fill a form, give your datas, agree to abide by the rules governing here, without which, you'd be banned. I have been banned countless times.

So, folks don't just stay back and hate God for creating hellfire, tell him why you dont like it.

Ask yourself, Do you qualify to enter God's heaven? How so?

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
cc: AlfaAce
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
Super. smiley Praise God!! You have been, and continue to be a blessing to many here on NL and also a thorn in the flesh of others in Lucifer's camp. May God continue to keep and strengthen you. Amen

You have given them food... they're coming. Watch this space. grin

4 Likes

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
Yahweh didn't Create hell fire In fact there is no mention of Hell fire in the OT but if you have anywhere in the OT where hell fire was mentioned please Quote it

Christianity Was mostly Gotten From Greek Mythology So i get where the Idea of Hell fire Comes from... According to The theology the wages for Sin is death not Hell fire.. In the beginning yahweh created the "Heaven" and the "Earth" not "Heaven Earth And Hell fire"

Entering Atheist mode........
I am not Angry At Yahweh for Creating hell if that's what you think he did the same way you are not angry at Allah for creating Hell For unbelievers The same way you are not Angry at Zeus for Creating Hades

There is noting special about Christianity or Islam... I would rather go for a calm religion like Buddhism where i could meditate all day to relax my mind, Instead of wasting time praying like the Christian or Muslims do we all know prayer cant fly plane...

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by TomHagen: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians,

While the word "hellfire" might not be found in the Bible, it is thoroughly evident in the Bible that GOD will destroy and annihilate sin, sinners and Satan with fire, in that Great Day.This is the "wages of sin" and it is death.

See Psa. 11:6; Isa. 34:8,9; Isa. 47:14; Psa. 37:20; Psa. 21:9; Psa. 37:10,38; Psa. 68:2; Psa. 104:35; Psa. 145:20; Mal. 4:1; Job 15:34.

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by 4everGod1: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
analice107:
Okay Folks, This is the my honest truth. Years back, the thought of hellfire, i mean, burning eternally in side fire scared the shiit out of me. I was not scared but very angry that God knew how difficult it is to live in this sin riddled world and maintain a pure holy Christian life fit for His kingdom, why did he create me?

To start with, i didn't ask to be created. I wasn't consulted if i wanted to come here. Why bring me here without my consent and then subject me to the (Pain i was going through at the time. As
I was facing Amputation).

I was going through very tough times. I had prayed all kinds of prayers, it seemed God was either dead or wasn't interested.

I wanted to die. I actually attempted it. Yes, i had sent and bought what i wanted to drink without my folks knowing why i sent for it. But the fear of going to hellfire if i killed myself was gnawing at me. (Dear bone fracture pains is torturous, and i had to endure it for Ten straight years).

That fact angered me even the most. I felt trapped. My life was Miserable,. As far as i was concerned, my life was over even before it began, I wanted out, but could not get out on my terms. I was angry at God.

But one thing was certain, it never occured to me to think of who I was before the accident. Did i do was i was suppose to do as a Christian girl? did i work into satans trap with my own legs? Did i willingly make myself Vulnerable?

Well, a loving father should not hold any of my misdemeanors against me. My Loving heavenly father should ve used another means to correct me, not allow satan hit me down. Did he say he loves me? Where is the Mercy we hear about?
All the questions folks ask here, i asked.

Well. Yahweh had disappointed me so, i needed to find out what others outside of Christianity talked about these things. I went into New Age Religion and started reading and seeking. I became fascinated with the works of Thursday Lopsanrampa. and other works too. I was open to everything.

As Fate could have it, I met a Christian Science Guy who was happy to lead me on, I followed.

If i had met Sarasin then (lol, love you man) i would have followed him and be a very committed follower.
But deep down, i had this hollow, a vacuum inside of me. A yearning that i wanted filled, but i didn't know what it was or how to go about filling it. I kept reading. Anything printed in English i would read, but i couldn't just throw away the christian god.

On the night i was to drink the poison, God came into my room and asked me questions. I could not have asked myself that, and no one was awake, and no one knew what i wanted to do, for i had time everything. I said, before anyone would know what was going on and get me help, i would be dead.

He said, Do you remember the accident Scene? Do you remember how close you were from being over ran by another car? You saw it (And i did). Did you stop the tires from climbing you?

There and then, i found myself in the scene of the accident again, and the scare of that approaching car which was with me for a long time returned. Then he heard Him say, 'I WAS THERE'.

I broke down and started crying that night. I asked for forgiveness and the grace to bear whatever was ahead of me.

The next day i woke feeling like was soaked inside Joy. I told my folks what happened everyone was shocked that i could even think it. For everyone had left their lives, put everything in hold just to be with me. Just imagine how selfish i was.

Now here is the question. Answer it sincerely if you'll be justified.

If you were to die today and God says to you "Why should l let you into my heaven, what reasons will you give Him?".

Bare in mind, it is His heaven.

Even ordinary Nairaland has its rules. To come inhere, you fill a form, give your datas, agree to abide by the rules governing here, without which, you'd be banned. I have been banned countless times.

So, folks don't just stay back and hate God for creating hellfire, tell him why you dont like it.

Ask yourself, Do you qualify to enter God's heaven? How so?

wow...when grace anď mercy locate you in Christ all you neèd is to trust Him. I love your testimony sis and we will all be with Jesus when its time.

God bless you

4 Likes

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by adoyi8: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
I want you Nigerian guys that are eager to go to heaven to sincerely answer this question: Where are all your ancestors that broke the first commandment going to? Heaven with you or hell with the atheists?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Pastafarians,

While the word "hellfire" might not be found in the Bible, it is thoroughly evident in the Bible that GOD will destroy and annihilate sin, sinners and Satan with fire, in that Great Day.This is the "wages of sin" and it is death.

See Psa. 11:6; Isa. 34:8,9; Isa. 47:14; Psa. 37:20; Psa. 21:9; Psa. 37:10,38; Psa. 68:2; Psa. 104:35; Psa. 145:20; Mal. 4:1; Job 15:34.
I don't know where you got this Reference from got questions?

Hell fire is a Place The same way with Hades Of course Yahweh can destroy with fire according to the Bible but it is not as The OT described it We all know the Job of Fire Naturally is to destroy... Fire used in the OT was never a Place.

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
adoyi8:
I want you Nigerian guys that are eager to go to heaven to sincerely answer this question: Where are all your ancestors that broke the first commandment going to? Heaven with you or hell with the atheists?

GOD is Just.

Ignorant people will go to Heaven. However, before you can be ignorant in the sight of GOD, you must make two claims truthfully:

1. I did not know.

2. I had no way of knowing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians:

I don't know where you got this Reference from got questions?

Hell fire is a Place The same way with Hades Of course Yahweh can destroy with fire according to the Bible but it is not as The OT described it We all know the Job of Fire Naturally is to destroy... Fire used in the OT was never a Place.

It will do us all good if you back your claims with Scripture.

Where is hellfire?

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It will do us all good if you back your claims with Scripture.

Where is hellfire?
The location wasn't given But It Was "A lake of Fire" Which must be located somewhere and asking me where hell fire is located is like asking me where Heaven is located
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians,

Unless you hold that the NT is not in harmony with the OT, it is clear that we are to consult the whole of the Bible to get a clearer picture of what hell is. And indeed the Bible cannot be mistaken on what it teaches on that topic. I urge you to follow this link to get a 100% biblical exposition on the issue of hell.

GOD bless you.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Pastafarians,

Unless you hold that the NT is not in harmony with the OT, it is clear that we are to consult the whole of the Bible to get a clearer picture of what hell is. And indeed the Bible cannot be mistaken on what it teaches on that topic. I urge you to follow this link to get a 100% biblical exposition on the issue of hell.

GOD bless you.

Hell was never mention in the OT but Fire was. Abi isn't Yahweh the Consuming Fire?
But this are not the same thing they are different.

Hell is a location a place and in that place there is fire that Burns forever where people would be punished forever The OT never mentioned This if it was that important the OT would have mentioned it

which is why the Jew don't ascribe to The Christian myth.

The OT only talked about Sheol which is the Realm of the Dead....

2 Likes

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by honourhim: 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Pastafarians,

The word *"hell fire * is in the bible. Check Mathew 5:22 and Mathew 18:9.

2 Likes

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians:

Hell was never mention in the OT but Fire was. Abi isn't Yahweh the Consuming Fire?
But this are not the same thing they are different.

Hell is a location a place and in that place there is fire that Burns forever where people would be punished forever The OT never mentioned This if it was that important the OT would have mentioned it

which is why the Jew don't ascribe to The Christian myth.

The OT only talked about Sheol which is the Realm of the Dead....

1. You are wrong because hell was mentioned in Proverbs 23:14; Psa. 9:17; Job 11:8; Prov. 15:11.

2. While you might be right that hell will be in a definite place, I'm sure you have the wrong notion about its nature, and when it will be.

Do well to follow that link I gave you. You can hardly have any question about hell and its nature after reading through that piece.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Pastafarian: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians is really representing us well on this thread

carry on bro
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
honourhim:

The word *"hell fire * is in the bible. Check Mathew 5:22 and Mathew 18:9.

Oh bro! Yea the word is in the Bible smiley But "Atheists" might want to criticize the NT, calling it forged.

Anyway, thank you for revealing that verse to me. smiley

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by adoyi8: 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOD is Just.

Ignorant people will go to Heaven. However, before you can be ignorant in the sight of GOD, you must make two claims truthfully:

1. I did not know.

2. I had no way of knowing.

You said God is just and ignorant people will go to heaven. Imagine your lecturer sets a difficult test which you took and 70% of those that took the test fail it. Now lets say there were some students that were not aware of the test(thereby not taking it) and your lecturer decides to pass these students because they were 'ignorant' of the test, Will you say he was just?

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by TomHagen: 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarian:

carry on bro
Pastafarians:

The location wasn't given But It Was "A lake of Fire" Which must be located somewhere and asking me where hell fire is located is like asking me where Heaven is located
Pastafarian:

carry on bro
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by TomHagen: 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
adoyi8:

You said God is just and ignorant people will go to heaven. Imagine your lecturer sets a difficult test which you took and 70% of those that took the test fail it. Now lets say there were some students that were not aware of the test(thereby not taking it) and your lecturer decides to pass these students because they were 'ignorant' of the test, Will you say he was just?
See analogy. So you want them to go to hell?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
adoyi8:

Your analogy is poorly constructed, and does not even remotely mirror the relationship between GOD and man.

First, why were they not aware of the test? Because they missed school? Is a student supposed to miss school? Even if the reason is cogent enough, the lecturer can decide to make them sit for the test.

Now, let me ask you: what if the students who missed the test enter the lecturer's office and without being asked, correctly recite the whole(or an appreciable quantity of the) knowledge which the lecturer imparted to them? Have they technically passed the test which others took or not?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

1. You are wrong because hell was mentioned in Proverbs 23:14; Psa. 9:17; Job 11:8; Prov. 15:11.

See i take yahweh beg you let this convo be civil and no lies
Pro 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God.

Hell
noun
In various religions, the place where some or all spirits are believed to go after death
There is a Difference between hell and Hell fire What is the Hebrew translation for Hell is it not Sheol? The realm of the Dead?

Job 11:8 [It is] as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?
Pro 15:11 Hell and destruction [are] before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?

Like i said Hell is different from Hellfire Gimme the Hebrew Translation of Hell

2. While you might be right that hell will be in a definite place, I'm sure you have the wrong notion about its nature, and when it will be.

What do u mean by wrong connotation of it? do you mean this?

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Compared to This?

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Oh bro! Yea the word is in the Bible smiley But "Atheists" might want to criticize the NT, calling it forged.

Anyway, thank you for revealing that verse to me. smiley
Wasn't it?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
adoyi8:

...decides to pass these students because they were 'ignorant' of the test, Will you say he was just?
They didn't just decide not to write the test, They died not knowing there was a -I won't even say a test- way to score a blameless 100%.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Pastafarian: 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=TomHagen post=50733408][/quote]
do not let the monickers fool you
we are not the same person
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by MTHBOSS(m): 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
Biblically, there is nothing like Hell-fire. The only thing that will happen is Annihilation, (total destruction of something) which will be the fate of sinners and their father (devil). If I burn a piece of paper and the paper has no other means of coming back to its original form, (that means I have burn the paper forever). That is what will happen to sinners, they will be destroy permanently not that they will continue to burn.

2 Likes

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians,

You said "hell" cannot be found in the OT. I proved you wrong.

We may only continue to discuss if you have read and digested the piece on the link I gave you.

My thoughts and submissions on the topic of hell are fully contained in that piece.

Thank you.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by shadeyinka(m): 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians:
Yahweh didn't Create hell fire In fact there is no mention of Hell fire in the OT but if you have anywhere in the OT where hell fire was mentioned please Quote it

Christianity Was mostly Gotten From Greek Mythology So i get where the Idea of Hell fire Comes from... According to The theology the wages for Sin is death not Hell fire.. In the beginning yahweh created the "Heaven" and the "Earth" not "Heaven Earth And Hell fire"

Entering Atheist mode........
I am not Angry At Yahweh for Creating hell if that's what you think he did the same way you are not angry at Allah for creating Hell For unbelievers The same way you are not Angry at Zeus for Creating Hades

There is noting special about Christianity or Islam... I would rather go for a calm religion like Buddhism where i could meditate all day to relax my mind, Instead of wasting time praying like the Christian or Muslims do we all know prayer cant fly plane...

Do you also know that the word demon or unclean spirit didn't exist in the OT?

Eternal Bliss makes sense right? Being rewarded for eternity what you did on earth for less than 100 years?

The opposite doesn't make sense? Because God is Love?

God being Love also connote that God will Judge the misbehaviors of people towards those who fear and love Him!

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Do you also know that the word demon or unclean spirit didn't exist in the OT?

Do u know where the Word Demon was Gotton from it originated from Greek! hence NT get it?

Eternal Bliss makes sense right? Being rewarded for eternity what you did on earth for less than 100 years?

No one is promised Eternal Bliss in The OT When you die you go to Sheol If you have anywhere in The OT where Heaven Was ment For Humans as Reward Quote it

The opposite doesn't make sense? Because God is Love?

Go up

God being Love also connote that God will Judge the misbehaviors of people towards those who fear and love Him!
It seams you don't understand the OT
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by shadeyinka(m): 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
@ Analice107

People usually look at TIME as if it is like time on the earth. Eternity simply a space where time doesn't exist.

No Sun, No Moon, No interval between events.

To those in Paradise, 100,000,000 years feel like nothing. Things are not just simply measured in terms of time.

Although, I am of the opinion that the Lake of Fire may have categories (I don't have any direct scriptural backup for this).

My argument is that if those who make heaven are rewarded based on their works, those who make the lake of fires should also be based on their works.

LOL...So, Satan, Hitler and Atheists should be in one partition while the petty thrives and liers be in another part. grin grin (Na joke o!)

I honestly wish that as many people as possible will accept Gods solution for eternal life with Him. We can all be there, God is not complaining about space in Paradise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Pastafarians,

You said "hell" cannot be found in the OT. I proved you wrong.

We may only continue to discuss if you have read and digested the piece on the link I gave you.

My thoughts and submissions on the topic of hell are fully contained in that piece.

Thank you.
And i told you that there os a difference Between "Hell" and "HellFire" = "Lake of fire" and i asked you to give me the Hebrew Translation of Hell!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Christian Fraud!!! / Watch Video Of Nigerian Pastor Who ‘heals’ Women By Sucking Their Breast In Keny / If Jesus Was Black,...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.