Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? (7148 Views)

Did God Created Hellfire Before Or After Creating Adam And Eve? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by TomHagen: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=analice107 post=50744773][/quote]Applause...
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by MrPresident1: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ecclesiastes 3:16
16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there

Every experience in life, under the sun, is retributive justice. This is why Job admonishes us all to do good for our own good. If you do good, it is to help yourself, and if you do bad, you will surely face the music. God does not play dice, His ways are pure and without error, He never makes mistakes, and everything we pass through in Him is to make us better individuals.

Under the sun, on this very earth, this terra firma, is the place of judgment, reward, and retribution.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You are very observant. smiley

Anyway, I intentionally provided only OT verses to show him that the destruction of the wicked with an eternal fire is not only recorded in the NT, but also in the OT.
Ok.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
4everGod1:

eyehateGod so now its Pastafarians and not FSMs or Deicide or AmenRa....

Hiding under different monikers isnt your strong side. Your attitude still stinks and we can smell it.
I thought AmenRa was Indian?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2016

Do you mean Yahweh cause i don't know the God you talking about there are many...
You seem to sound like you know where others are, but do not where Yahweh is. Yeah, fine, Yahweh, ask him where He is.

I hear you are Eyehategod

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by 4everGod1: 9:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
analice107:
I thought AmenRa was Indian?
AmenRa is the same eyehateGod. Although he has deactivated that account.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
They are now sharing Pasta. Oh wait, its the flying Spaghetti believers. I see.

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
The hell doctrine has always been the most confusing part of Christianity for me. Fascinating and terrifying at the same time. Ever since I was little, it had always made me wary of my actions. I believe my high moral standard (even if I say so myself) was largely influenced by this fear of that place. As I grew older, I read every hell account I could lay my hands on; Mary Baxter, Angelica Zambrano, the Seven Colombian Youths etc. That was the extent of my 'obsession'.
I remember the first time Jehovah's Witnesses tried to explain to me that there was no such place, I felt so relieved and badly wanted to believe them. I have seen that it's a fear I am yet to get over and probably never will. No matter how hard I try to rationalize it, I still come up short.
Yea, me too. I use to be afraid of it, but not anymore. I now know what it takes to be with Jesus, not what i can do, but what am willing to accept.

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
he wants to multiply the atheists in Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by TomHagen: 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
analice107:

Yea, me too. I use to be afraid of it, but not anymore. I now know what it takes to be with Jesus, not what i can do, but what am willing to accept.
Good for you.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
4evergod has gotten those accounts banned
they're now showing as "nobody"
come on, you should know better
once you admit you have a duplicate, you're gonna be banned for 10 years
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
4everGod1:

AmenRa is the same eyehateGod. Although he has deactivated that account.
Hmmm, these guys.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Applause...
why are you applauding?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Watever u call it ma
Yes dear.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by TomHagen: 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
analice107:

why are you applauding?
It's a heart-warming 'treatise'. You have your dayscheesy
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by analice107: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
It's a heart-warming 'treatise'. You have your dayscheesy
lol. okay oo
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Gombs(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So Jesus is a sinner?

He wasn't born by the agency of man.. wink
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Gombs(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Nobody was before the Law. Read your Bible very well.

Don't mention me again until you've done a very extensive search on the Law.

See who's talking...

Go Google about "the law in the Bible"... Then find out those before it
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by dolphinheart(m): 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I had to take my like back. If you don't believe Hell Fire exists, fine but don't say it is not supported by, contradicts Scripture and does not stand scrutiny like it started yesterday.
will you answer me if I asked questions about hell fire?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
I would like to but it's arduous. My point was if you don't believe in hell fire, it's ok but don't say it is not supported by and contradicts Scripture. It didn't start yesterday, I'm sure whatever your views/opinions are about the subject is way more recent than what christians have believed for centuries.
dolphinheart:

will you answer me if I asked questions about hell fire?

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:14am On Nov 05, 2016
TheSixthSense:
I would like to but it's arduous. My point was if you don't believe in hell fire, it's ok but don't say it is not supported by and contradicts Scripture. It didn't start yesterday, I'm sure whatever your views/opinions are about the subject is way more recent than what christians have believed for centuries.

exactly... when you made this statement in my thread, i thought about it. i did research... too many things... hidden knowledge.. we can't really judge things because of a bible that was given just to support one man's view. truth is... we just believe.. no matter what our beliefs are we always meet a contradiction which claims to be “backed up" with the scriptures.. the knowledge there is so little compared to what is not there.. we only believe.. we don't know... they two different things... once again Sir.. thank you... i salute your knowledge.. God bless

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by MizyB(f): 6:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Good evening sister. smiley

JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER!

That is evident throughout the Bible. But did you know that GOD the Son was never known as "Jesus" in the OT? Gabriel was the one who first proclaimed the Name "Jesus."

GOD the Son in the OT was known as the Seed, Redeemer, Son, Emmanuel.

All the OT saints, through obedience to GOD(which Christ requires: Matt. 7:21), and through sacrificial killings, exercised faith in the Great Substitute that was to come. They had an idea that the slaughter of lambs for the remission of sins signified that a Person would be sacrificed for their sins. Thus, through practicing sacrifices, they identified with Christ's great Sacrifice, and thus went to the Father through Christ.

Even a Person comes to Christ, He commands him to obey(Matt. 19:17). Those who obey then are saved.
I appreciate this, thank U brother.

Jesus the Lamb of God slain from the foundations of the world. I noticed how God showed forgiveness to mankind, after the burnt offerings of Noah. Gen8:21-22

Romans 3:25 FOR GOD PRESENTED JESUS AS THE SACRIFICE FOR SIN. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
MizyB:
I appreciate this, thank U brother.

Jesus the Lamb of God slain from the foundations of the world. I noticed how God showed forgiveness to mankind, after the burnt offerings of Noah. Gen8:21-22

Romans 3:25 FOR GOD PRESENTED JESUS AS THE SACRIFICE FOR SIN. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past.

Exactly sister. smiley As far as they obeyed the instructions meant for persons who have sinned against GOD, Christ's sacrifice was to blot out their own sins too.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by MizyB(f): 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2016
TheSixthSense:
No it does not contradict nor does it not imply that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father. Jesus Christ is the final Judge (Jn 5:22) and will judge the living and the dead but if someone knows and hears nothing about Jesus Christ and the law and dies. S/he would be judged according to works with his/her conscience excusing or accusing them in judgement.(See Acts 2) The conscience is everyone is God-given and according to nature either follow the law. God loves righteousness and all who seek righteousness. The Ninevites were declared righteous, Cornelius alms and prayers went to God (Acts 10) and he eventually got baptised...

Chief, this is quite graspable. Thank U very much sir.

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Barristter07: 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
Shadeyinka

shadeyinka:

Do you also know that the word demon or unclean spirit didn't exist in the OT?

Eternal Bliss makes sense right? Being rewarded for eternity what you did on earth for less than 100 years?

The opposite doesn't make sense? Because God is Love?

God being Love also connote that God will Judge the misbehaviors of people towards those who fear and love Him!

the bolded is a poor logic and in fact expose the can of worms in hell theory further .

Are you rewarded Eternal Bliss based on Your good works or Its an undeserved kindness from God ? in fact many will say its not by power

therefore: If the righteousness of 70 years is not enough to give you Eternal bliss , on what justification does the sin of 70 years make you deserve An Hellfire ?

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by shadeyinka(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
Barristter07:

Shadeyinka

the bolded is a poor logic and in fact expose the can of worms in hell theory further .

Are you rewarded Eternal Bliss based on Your good works or Its an undeserved kindness from God ? in fact many will say its not by power

therefore: If the righteousness of 70 years is not enough to give you Eternal bliss , on what justification does the sin of 70 years make you deserve An Hellfire ?

The bolded isn't a statement of logic.
It was a question raised to answer those who said eternity of punishment is not proportional to the limited years of sin on earth.

I am not sure I understand you
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by AlfaAce(m): 12:31am On Dec 10, 2016
After over a hundred years,i found this thread! . . . . .ANALICE,I'm sorry i came very late. . . . . . . .now back to the topic,the thought of a loving and a merciful God creating a place like hell-fire is disheartening.I Once felt suicide would be a good option since sooner or later,we'll die. . . .but the thought of a place like hell fire held me back. . . I Was just thing 'what's the main purpose of existence?' and since the answer i gave myself was 'nothing' . . . . . . .the fear of hell lásán can roast you inside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Marrying Someone Of A Different Denomination? / Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor / Do You Believe In Deliverance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.