Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? (7151 Views)

Did God Created Hellfire Before Or After Creating Adam And Eve? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by AlfaAce(m): 12:34am On Dec 10, 2016
Barristter07:

Shadeyinka

the bolded is a poor logic and in fact expose the can of worms in hell theory further .

Are you rewarded Eternal Bliss based on Your good works or Its an undeserved kindness from God ? in fact many will say its not by power

therefore: If the righteousness of 70 years is not enough to give you Eternal bliss , on what justification does the sin of 70 years make you deserve An Hellfire ?

Good question!
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by shadeyinka(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2016
AlfaAce:
Good question!

Self Righteousness does not amount to anything (for all our righteousness are like filthy rags...). It is the imputed righteousness that counts ( where God makes you perfect because He gave you a new nature and you are forgiven.

Being Born Again (receiving an imputed righteousness) is like being registered in the University of Heaven ( waiting for the time of graduation). It is a gift anyone can recieve if he/she ask.

You will agree with me that only students with matric number have any hope of graduation (even if they are weak students).

However, the most intelligent dudes WILL NOT graduate irrespective of their brilliance if they are not registered. (In other words graduation is not by intelligence, it is by registration).

Even though your stay in an institution is finite ( 4 years for Nigerian universities and about 70 years for living on earth), the award/certificate you recieve or not decieved is for the rest of your existence.

I believe I have answered you, using the familiar to explain the spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Barristter07: 8:54am On Dec 10, 2016
shadeyinka:

Self Righteousness does not amount to anything (for all our righteousness are like filthy rags...). It is the imputed righteousness that counts ( where God makes you perfect because He gave you a new nature and you are forgiven.

Being Born Again (receiving an imputed righteousness) is like being registered in the University of Heaven ( waiting for the time of graduation). It is a gift anyone can recieve if he/she ask.

You will agree with me that only students with matric number have any hope of graduation (even if they are weak students).

However, the most intelligent dudes WILL NOT graduate irrespective of their brilliance if they are not registered. (In other words graduation is not by intelligence, it is by registration).

Even though your stay in an institution is finite ( 4 years for Nigerian universities and about 70 years for living on earth), the award/certificate you recieve or not decieved is for the rest of your existence.

I believe I have answered you, using the familiar to explain the spiritual.

You belive you have answered, but the reality is you only proof further that the righteousness of 70 years is not enough to give a man eternal bliss , Now, if the righteousness of 70 years isn't enough to MERIT eternal bliss , on what justification does the sins of 70 years MERIT an hellfire ?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by shadeyinka(m): 9:09am On Dec 10, 2016
Barristter07:

You belive you have answered, but the reality is you only proof further that the righteousness of 70 years is not enough to give a man eternal bliss , Now, if the righteousness of 70 years isn't enough to MERIT eternal bliss , on what justification does the sins of 70 years MERIT an hellfire ?

I honestly believing you have twisted my words out of context. The post you have misquoted is:

https://www.nairaland.com/3444356/angry-god-becos-he-created/4#50874556

Eternal Bliss makes sense right? Being rewarded for eternity what you did on earth for less than 100 years?

The point of the bolded is that if eternal bliss makes sense for acts committed in 70 years, shouldn't eternal punishment also make equal sense?

It is certainly different from what you have quoted. In my last post to you, I explained the difference between self righteousness and imputed righteousness. Obviously, the righteousness I am referring to is the imputed righteousness.

The quote you mentioned actually is from Barrister07 NOT me!
https://www.nairaland.com/3444356/angry-god-becos-he-created/4#50874556
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by AlfaAce(m): 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
That an all-loving and merciful entity would go on to create a place like hell remains plain absurd,no matter how we try so hard to rationalize it.
Most christians don't go to church because they really love God,it's just because the thought of hell makes them uneasy.
I wouldn't say i'm head over heels in love with God (for now),i just wanna find my place with him cos i don't want to go to hell.
I put it to you that the Fear of hell is a million times greater than the hope of heaven.Most christians don't love God one bit,they've been disappointed by him too much times to count,they're dying in fear.
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by RosaConsidine: 4:11am On Dec 13, 2016
Interesting thread. I would like to weigh in here with my own human understanding: which is that I don't understand why God would need a hell as punishment when using heaven as a reward serves exactly the same purpose.

I would illustrate with an example: back in secondary, the food prefect always warned that everyone should show up for meals on time. Whoever didn't would forfeit their meal. Of course, there were always those that would flout the rules so, whenever it was mealtime, the food prefect would lock the door to the dining hall, leaving latecomers outside and asking those who were present to take the portion of those who missed out. There weren't any extra punishments for latecomers; no cutting grass, sweeping, kneeling, getting caned etc. Just the torment of watching others eat your food to their satisfaction while your stomach rumbled with hunger was enough punishment. Suffice to say that of all the methods the food prefect employed to get students to show up for meals on time, this was the most successful.

Applying the logic to God and humans, shouldn't the lack of a reward be enough punishment? I mean, isn't hell a bit of overkill. Sure, this stems from that part of me that doesn't like the prospect of eternal turture but not getting a reward is in itself punishment. Is there any real need to still add the whole eternal torment thing too? I mean, back then, if the prefect punished the latecomers (by caning, grass cutting, toilet washing angry ), he would still let them in to have their meal. If as flawed as we are we could still come up with this pretty balanced system of justice, why would God need overkill to push his point across?
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:41am On Dec 13, 2016
AlfaAce:
That an all-loving and merciful entity would go on to create a place like hell remains plain absurd,no matter how we try so hard to rationalize it.
Most christians don't go to church because they really love God,it's just because the thought of hell makes them uneasy.
I wouldn't say i'm head over heels in love with God (for now),i just wanna find my place with him cos i don't want to go to hell.
I put it to you that the Fear of hell is a million times greater than the hope of heaven.Most christians don't love God one bit,they've been disappointed by him too much times to count,they're dying in fear.

I'm a Christian but you're saying the truth... most(not all) Christians alive today don't love God one iota... they're just scared of hell... most people just go to church, do some religious activities and still pray just cuz they're scared of hell.. it would be impossible to love God if you fear hell... except you cast that fear away..

@ bolded.... true.... the fear of hell in most people is greater than the hope of heaven

well.... when we die we will all find out which is which
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by geoworldedu: 3:34pm On May 02, 2017
4everGod1:

wow...when grace anď mercy locate you in Christ all you neèd is to trust Him. I love your testimony sis and we will all be with Jesus when its time.

God bless you

grin
Re: Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? by Dantedasz(m): 6:38am On May 02, 2020
analice107:
Okay Folks, This is the my honest truth. Years back, the thought of hellfire, i mean, burning eternally in side fire scared the shiit out of me. I was not scared but very angry that God knew how difficult it is to live in this sin riddled world and maintain a pure holy Christian life fit for His kingdom, why did he create me?

To start with, i didn't ask to be created. I wasn't consulted if i wanted to come here. Why bring me here without my consent and then subject me to the (Pain i was going through at the time. As
I was facing Amputation).

I was going through very tough times. I had prayed all kinds of prayers, it seemed God was either dead or wasn't interested.

I wanted to die. I actually attempted it. Yes, i had sent and bought what i wanted to drink without my folks knowing why i sent for it. But the fear of going to hellfire if i killed myself was gnawing at me. (Dear bone fracture pains is torturous, and i had to endure it for Ten straight years).

That fact angered me even the most. I felt trapped. My life was Miserable,. As far as i was concerned, my life was over even before it began, I wanted out, but could not get out on my terms. I was angry at God.

But one thing was certain, it never occured to me to think of who I was before the accident. Did i do was i was suppose to do as a Christian girl? did i work into satans trap with my own legs? Did i willingly make myself Vulnerable?

Well, a loving father should not hold any of my misdemeanors against me. My Loving heavenly father should ve used another means to correct me, not allow satan hit me down. Did he say he loves me? Where is the Mercy we hear about?
All the questions folks ask here, i asked.

Well. Yahweh had disappointed me so, i needed to find out what others outside of Christianity talked about these things. I went into New Age Religion and started reading and seeking. I became fascinated with the works of Thursday Lopsanrampa. and other works too. I was open to everything.

As Fate could have it, I met a Christian Science Guy who was happy to lead me on, I followed.

If i had met Sarasin then (lol, love you man) i would have followed him and be a very committed follower.
But deep down, i had this hollow, a vacuum inside of me. A yearning that i wanted filled, but i didn't know what it was or how to go about filling it. I kept reading. Anything printed in English i would read, but i couldn't just throw away the christian god.

On the night i was to drink the poison, God came into my room and asked me questions. I could not have asked myself that, and no one was awake, and no one knew what i wanted to do, for i had time everything. I said, before anyone would know what was going on and get me help, i would be dead.

He said, Do you remember the accident Scene? Do you remember how close you were from being over ran by another car? You saw it (And i did). Did you stop the tires from climbing you?

There and then, i found myself in the scene of the accident again, and the scare of that approaching car which was with me for a long time returned. Then he heard Him say, 'I WAS THERE'.

I broke down and started crying that night. I asked for forgiveness and the grace to bear whatever was ahead of me.

The next day i woke feeling like was soaked inside Joy. I told my folks what happened everyone was shocked that i could even think it. For everyone had left their lives, put everything in hold just to be with me. Just imagine how selfish i was.

Now here is the question. Answer it sincerely if you'll be justified.

If you were to die today and God says to you "Why should l let you into my heaven, what reasons will you give Him?".

Bare in mind, it is His heaven.

Even ordinary Nairaland has its rules. To come inhere, you fill a form, give your datas, agree to abide by the rules governing here, without which, you'd be banned. I have been banned countless times.

So, folks don't just stay back and hate God for creating hellfire, tell him why you dont like it.

Ask yourself, Do you qualify to enter God's heaven? How so?

Hmmm.
Suicide and delusion. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell / Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor / Why Christianity Is The Only True Religion And Not Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.