Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,699 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Duplicating The Nairaland Interface - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Duplicating The Nairaland Interface (1020 Views)

Pls How Do I Stop The Nairaland Login Notifications In My Email Inbox? / Reimagining Nairaland's Interface / Whats Happening To Nairaland Interface Or Is It My Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by RuuDie(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2007
howdy NLWebMasters ,

pls i need a huge favor 4rm sm1 , pls, pls, pls could sm1 help out with my web design project?
I want to put an interface on the webpage such as the one we've got here on NL , so dat wen sm1 submits smthing it would be immediately viewable on the page , what kinda tools will i need and stuff!

there anybody out there who wanna lend dis brother a helping hand !!!?
Re: Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by my2cents(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2007
sounds like "sm1" needs to implement some AJAX tongue
Re: Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by Cactus(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2007
FYI AJAX is a pretty cool implementation method but not appropriate for everyone going into development,

obviously u will need some scripting language knowledge, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, Cold Fusion etc
database : MySQL, Postgres etc

get to know how to work with dreamweaver then things should be easier for you or if u want a shortcut method, look into phpmaker, aspmaker, asp.netmaker, jspmaker search on google

or look for some other RAD tools
Re: Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by my2cents(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2007
cactus,

I only suggested AJAX based on this quote:
so that when sm1 submits smthing it would be immediately viewable on the page
Of course there are 1001 ways to skin a cat. I am sure he also needs help regarding what framework to use as well, which is where your advice on PHP, ASP.net et al comes in handy. I was just addressing the "immediately viewable" part.

I would also beg to differ, if I may, when it comes to your, "but not appropriate for everyone going into development" comment - AJAX is a tool that, when used efficiently, is appropriate for what you want to use it for. In other words, everyone going into development should use any tool whatsoever that makes their coding lives easier/gives their visitors the best experience possible. Perhaps you meant not appropriate for every situation (in this case, I would agree with you whole-heartedly)? Just wondering.

At the end of the day, wetin I sabi? Just my opinion (my 2 cents cool)
Re: Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by Cactus(m): 5:57am On Jan 04, 2007
i understand, the word IMMEDIATE is relative, if u post on nairaland u see the result immediately logically, well no sweat it all depends on how much efezi u want sha. good luck
Re: Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by alexis(m): 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2007
ruudie,

I can help point you in the right direction but I wouldn't spoon-feed you. What actually is your project about?
Re: Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by RuuDie(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2007
Alexis ,

Thanx man , was almost gettin lost in the lil' storm dat was erupting back there! i'm trying to create an online dating site ,
Re: Duplicating The Nairaland Interface by Seun(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Have You Been Trying To Install Php On Your Computer? Its Just A Click Away! / New Website, Your Critics / How Can I Host A Blog On A Domain Name? Plz Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.