Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (626767 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by flexisafsupport: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2017
Prudento:
Dear FlexisafSupport,
Please come on here and intimate us with the reason for the prolonged delay of the scholarships list and WHEN we are to know our fate. Otherwise we will conclude that the problem is as a result of incompetence of flexisaf. And we will mobilize to condemn Flexisaf for such gross incompetence. I mean, Ptdf has been in the business of awarding scholarships for many years, and it has never been this bad. We will use the instruments of social media:Twitter, Facebook etc to condemn Flexisaf to the point that no company will ever have interest in hiring Flexisaf in any selection process. Gush!

The role FlexiSAF plays is quite misunderstood. FlexiSAF provides infrastructure to help register candidates for the Scholarship, provide a platform for shortlisting applicants for the Exam and also a platform for taking the exam.
After the exam is concluded, we submit the result to the PTDF which at that point, our job for the Scholarship is kind of done. At this point, all these tasks I have mentioned have been handled by FlexiSAF and have submitted the results.
It would rather be unfair to PTDF and FlexiSAF if you would simply not even place a call to the support line to understand what is happening but rather seem to want to resort to threats to have our way. This is UnNigerian. 07069414970 is the number to call.
PTDF is quite aware of the time applicants have before the admission deadline is closed. No organization would go through all the stress just to give up on releasing the list. Even if you want to use the social media to air our grievances, let us do it in such ways that the PTDF is moved to make the decisions they need to make faster but not through threats.
Thanks very much for your understanding

14 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2017
flexisafsupport:

The role FlexiSAF plays is quite misunderstood. FlexiSAF provides infrastructure to help register candidates for the Scholarship, provide a platform for shortlisting applicants for the Exam and also a platform for taking the exam.
After the exam is concluded, we submit the result to the PTDF which at that point, our job for the Scholarship is kind of done. At this point, all these tasks I have mentioned have been handled by FlexiSAF and have submitted the results.
It would rather be unfair to PTDF and FlexiSAF if you would simply not even place a call to the support line to understand what is happening but rather seem to want to resort to threats to have our way. This is UnNigerian. 07069414970 is the number to call.
PTDF is quite aware of the time applicants have before the admission deadline is closed. No organization would go through all the stress just to give up on releasing the list. Even if you want to use the social media to air our grievances, let us do it in such ways that the PTDF is moved to make the decisions they need to make faster but not through threats.

Thanks for the explanation but why did you wait to explain till he issued threat. You were not proactive but reactive.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by flexisafsupport: 7:55am On Aug 26, 2017
usqoh:

Thanks for the explanation but why did you wait to explain till he issued threat. You were not proactive but reactive.

Thanks very much for your wonderful observation. We hope to be better next time

4 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2017
flexisafsupport:

Well done for breaking the radio silence.

While it might be unfair to start castigating your organization without fair hearing, that does not apply to PTDF @bolded.
Many of us have sent countless e-mails to PTDF but they did not have the courtesy to respond - they simply ignored them. I think that should be more "unNigerian" if we can't get info from PTDF except we know someone on the inside. That is egregious! And Nigeria can't be better this way if MDAs don't treat the people they serve like they count. This is highly irresponsible on the PTDF's part. But I will spare FlexiSaf.
Apparently, we react more to threats in Nigeria than dialogue.

Meanwhile the number you shared, is it for PTDF or FlexiSaf?

8 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by LoySupremo: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2017
So if we generate derisive comments about PTDF staff for this delay, would that be bombastic of us? With much ado, they need to paste this list so that we dnt keep on importuning their officials. wink

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Sunnystooth(m): 9:14am On Aug 26, 2017
LoySupremo:
So if we generate derisive comments about PTDF staff for this delay, would that be bombastic of us? With much ado, they need to paste this list so that we dnt keep on importuning their officials. wink
Lolz, @the bolded words, atleast PTDF has taught us new words and how to use those we already knew before the test if not for anything.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by salahudeentope: 9:44am On Aug 26, 2017
DreManuel:

Well done for breaking the radio silence.

While it might be unfair to start castigating your organization without fair hearing, that does not apply to PTDF @bolded.
Many of us have sent countless e-mails to PTDF but they did not have the courtesy to respond - they simply ignored them. I think that should be more "unNigerian" if we can't get info from PTDF except we know someone on the inside. That is egregious! And Nigeria can't be better this way if MDAs don't treat the people they serve like they count. This is highly irresponsible on the PTDF's part. But I will spare FlexiSaf.
Apparently, we react more to threats in Nigeria than dialogue.

Meanwhile the number you shared, is it for PTDF or FlexiSaf?

I think it's for Flexisaf.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by xyzoke: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
salahudeentope:

I think it's for Flexisaf.
Flexisaf why do you still give us your helpline to call instead of that of ptdf when you claim you have concluded your own part. Give us the ptdf helpline and not yours.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
DreManuel:

This guy is either a PTDF Staff, it's contractor or affiliate. He seems unperturbed and has never said anything in support of us here awaiting the list with overstretched patience.

This tweeter handle has semblance with his moniker here.

Guys, let's continue the tweeter campaign, and let not some persons of interest dissuade us from voicing our distaste. It's allowed!

LOL.

You are laughably silly. So silly that responding to your message would appear, at best, ridiculous, but I would.
I'm a bit worried that as a graduate, which I presume you are, you are making a wild claim without any evidence at all. I am a PTDF staff, contractor or affliate lol. You are a funny fellow.

Do you understand the use and need for logic? If you had done a bit of research before your pedestrian outburst you would have been embarrassed at your churlish claim.

I am currently involved in the Twitter campaign. I have said the Twitter campaign should be targeted towards PTDF as they are the ones holding the results. Not Flexisaf. What should Flexisaf do? Beat up PTDF staffs for you or go on strike?

I know the annoyance, believe me I do, but use your brains for once. Not your emotions. Maintain rationality. We should query PTDF, agreed; but do you think insulting PTDF will make them listen to you? Where is that done? You are supposed to be a graduate and not a street urchin. Behave differently.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
madridsta007:

LOL.

You are laughably silly. So silly that responding to your message would appear, at best, ridiculous, but I would.
I'm a bit worried that as a graduate, which I presume you are, you are making a wild claim without any evidence at all. I am a PTDF staff, contractor or affliate lol. You are a funny fellow.

Do you understand the use and need for logic? If you had done a bit of research before your pedestrian outburst you would have been embarrassed at your churlish claim.

I am currently involved in the Twitter campaign. I have said the Twitter campaign should be targeted towards PTDF as they are the ones holding the results. Not Flexisaf. What should Flexisaf do? Beat up PTDF staffs for you or go on strike?

I know the annoyance, believe me I do, but use your brains for once. Not your emotions. Maintain rationality. You are supposed to be a graduate and not a street urchin. Behave differently.
hmm...oga Na wa Oo. Even if the theory he has about your Moniker and that twitter handle is wrong you shouldn't be tongue-lashing him like this naw.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Cowboy78: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Na wa for una o...

He made a claim but a claim is an assertion or statement and not a fact, a simple disavowal would have sufficed but no, you had to bring logic into it and in doing so, you managed to bring your own reasoning into question.

DreManuel literarily provided the reason why he's suspecting you, that picture is still there for everyone to see. He highlighted a link between usernames and POVs from a twitter handle and an account here on Nairaland; its logical.

You on the other hand have not said anything that will disabuse our minds from his claims. Apart from calling him silly and questioning his education, you haven't repudiated his claims; I think its you who's being illogical.

Abeg, na talk I talk, I no insult you.
madridsta007:

LOL.

I know the annoyance, believe me I do, but use your brains for once. Not your emotions. Maintain rationality. We should query PTDF, agreed; but do you think insulting PTDF will make them listen to you? Where is that done? You are supposed to be a graduate and not a street urchin. Behave differently.

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
Cowboy78:
Na wa for una o...

He made a claim but a claim is an assertion or statement and not a fact, a simple disavowal would have sufficed but no, you had to bring logic into it and in doing so, you managed to bring your own reasoning into question.

DreManuel literarily provided the reason why he's suspecting you, that picture is still there for everyone to see. He highlighted a link between usernames and POVs from a twitter handle and an account here on Nairaland; its logical.

You on the other hand have not said anything that will disabuse our minds from his claims. Apart from calling him silly and questioning his education, you haven't repudiated his claims; I think its you who's being illogical.

Abeg, na talk I talk, I no insult you.

LOL. No wahala, I understand.

I would have understood if, for instance, the world had people with non-matching names. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. There is a "Peter" in Nigeria and a "Peter" in Britain. Are they siblings or do they know themselves? Should we claim that they know themselves because we want to push forth a narrative?

You see why I have called it irrational?

Back to the real reason for his angst -I have stressed that PTDF should be picketed on Twitter, as civil as possible, because i am not sure insulting someone who wants to give you a scholarship will encourage them to give it to you.

Logic and pragmatism before emotions. That's how graduates should behave, I think.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
stanisbaratheon:
hmm...oga Na wa Oo. Even if the theory he has about your Moniker and that twitter handle is wrong you shouldn't be tongue-lashing him like this naw.

lol, Bros no vex. I just do not respond very well to false accusations especially the ones which are so unnecessary. He should take out his understandable annoyance on PTDF, not on anyone here.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by stanisbaratheon: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
madridsta007:

lol, Bros no vex. I just do not respond very well to false accusations especially the ones which are so unnecessary. He should take out his understandable annoyance on PTDF, not on anyone here.
In the spirit of Oneness, let's forge ahead.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by salahudeentope: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2017
xyzoke:
Flexisaf why do you still give us your helpline to call instead of that of ptdf when you claim you have concluded your own part. Give us the ptdf helpline and not yours.

Abeg no be me be flexisafsupport ooo.

Na same same all of us be o.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
madridsta007:

LOL.

Are you smart enough to debate me?

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
DreManuel:

Are you smart enough to debate me?

lol.
Be my guest.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
madridsta007:

lol.
Be my guest.

I can't be your guest cos Mark Twain just reminded me: "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
DreManuel:

I can't be your guest cos Mark Twain just reminded me: "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

lol.

You suggested that I debate with you. Then, in apparent fear, you've ran away, tails between your legs, after YOUR offer was accepted.

Why didn't you think a bit first?

Next time, think before coming up with a suggestion. Don't just say things because it is cliche.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DreManuel(m): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
madridsta007:

lol.

You suggested that I debate with you. Then, in apparent fear, you've ran away, tails between your legs, after YOUR offer was accepted.

Why didn't you think a bit first?

Next time, think before coming up with a suggestion. Don't just say things because it is cliche.

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=DreManuel post=59850990][/quote] >

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
madridsta007:
>

cheesy cheesy grin

How dare you PTDF staff deny yourself. Is it not NIGERIA money PTDF want to spend or why are they waiting for budget before they announce test date and interview.

The PTDF is a federal government agency so the staff needs to be sacked if it were to be sane country. But I am not surprised, since there is scholarship slot for the presidency hence no pressure to you guys.

Don't ever say PTDF is doing us a favour. It is Nigeria that is doing us a favour in which we hope to give back to improve the country. They should be grateful

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by LoySupremo: 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
usqoh:

How dare you PTDF staff deny yourself. Is it not NIGERIA money PTDF want to spend or why are they waiting for budget before they announce test date and interview.

The PTDF is a federal government agency so the staff needs to be sacked if it were to be sane country. But I am not surprised, since there is scholarship slot for the presidency hence no pressure to you guys.

Don't ever say PTDF is doing us a favour. It is Nigeria that is doing us a favour in which we hope to give back to improve the country. They should be grateful

Guy...cool down. Your life does not depend on the federal govt...let alone PTDF.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
LoySupremo:

Guy...cool down. Your life does not depend on the federal govt...let alone PTDF.
My life is not dependent on federal government nor PTDF as I have an alternative scholarship. I have made up my mind to go to Peking University which is in top 30 in the world. Was waiting for PTDF outcome but decided last week to accept the offer.

My fear is that if I later get PTDF they wont transfer my scholarship to another person and if I don't show up after one year, PTDF will spend my money budgeted for my PhD. The corrupt staff will keep on stealing.

Moreover, many people has sacrificed a lot for this. It isn't fair the way Nigeria government and governmental agencies treat its citizens.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 1stPolymath(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
must ur life depend on something b4 u complain?
LoySupremo:

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by adakoleagbenu: 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
see Wetin dis Yeye ptdf dey cause. even if na January admissions dem push person go, we jst wanna know our fate. we are not even saying we must travel immediately. understandably they may be putting one or two things together. we just wanna know d successful candidates. how hard can that be?.

lackluster ptdf.

you, flexisafsupport, I dey look u with side eye.

Mr. Yimu
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by madridsta007(m): 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
usqoh:

grin grin grin grin grin

Calm down a bit Bro. You seem to have had a stressful Saturday. Take a cold glass of water, it will help. Then slowly get on Twitter and, with a bit more courage, bark at PTDF there. At least it is verified and you can't go wrong with the barks!

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DeniseKendricks: 2:11am On Aug 27, 2017
This is shameful....PTDF oooo
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by charleslifted(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2017
DeniseKendricks:
This is shameful....PTDF oooo
A new week, and the wait continues..... Meanwhile it's August, but Conor got warmed up like its MAY weather

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mlayidi: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2017
Stay calm! The last will come out on 1st September.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by manaja87: 11:55am On Aug 27, 2017
Mlayidi:
Stay calm! The last will come out on 1st September.
Source? 1st September is going to be public holiday

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.