Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,812 members, 7,798,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (625899 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Please i need scholarship for my Msc in Nigeria.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by engrpaulsnow: 8:15am On Oct 28, 2017
step1:
I will urge all of us to be a bit patient. Most Nigerian schools for lss master have not started classes. So we should chill grin
Tnx for d update... But i know of a number of lss msc applicants who are even done with course work. Remember d application last year specifically stated that lss applicants must possess valid admission letter at time of application. Most lss candidates i know already had admission since last year. So you can understand their concerns. Regardless of any available information, I believe successful candidates will be contacted b4 d nx round of application. And since the nx round of application would naturally be mid-November that leaves ptdf with a maximum of three weeks from today to : 1. Contact successful candidates 2. Conduct separate inductions for lss (msc&phd) and split site (phd). So if you ask me, it leaves them with a week or two to address item 1.
I am for phd split site and would appreciate any updates on this category. Thumbs up to all who have kept this forum alive.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
engrpaulsnow:

Tnx for d update... But i know of a number of lss msc applicants who are even done with course work. Remember d application last year specifically stated that lss applicants must possess valid admission letter at time of application. Most lss candidates i know already had admission since last year. So you can understand their concerns. Regardless of any available information, I believe successful candidates will be contacted b4 d nx round of application. And since the nx round of application would naturally be mid-November that leaves ptdf with a maximum of three weeks from today to : 1. Contact successful candidates 2. Conduct separate inductions for lss (msc&phd) and split site (phd). So if you ask me, it leaves them with a week or two to address item 1.
I am for phd split site and would appreciate any updates on this category. Thumbs up to all who have kept this forum alive.

You are absolutely right engr. I only asked for the MSc of which the list is ready. I will find out for the PhD.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Mokhay(m): 7:38am On Nov 01, 2017
Chigojude:
will send to you this evening ...
Kindly send me any materials you have. prechnato@gmail.com Thanks..
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by baba11(m): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
DMainMan:

I have sent to you. Kindly endeavour to send to others for free.

Note that last year format was different. 40 questions English in Part A as opposed to current affairs/General paper. Then 60 questions focused on your segment. All questions are objective computer based.

Read instructions carefully before you start. There could be negative marking.

Prepare for anything . U can't take chances.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by baba11(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
ghpsi:
Hi everyone, I got some materials from @sambest2 and I've uploaded them on Dropbox here (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1u8kr6c7qor2dzq/AACVhYqf0D6oJq0n0NxZG1H5a?dl=0) for anyone else who might find them useful. All the best

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by baba11(m): 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
Pureheart91:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1u8kr6c7qor2dzq/AACVhYqf0D6oJq0n0NxZG1H5a?dl=0

Check the above sites for general questions prsctice......goodluck

plz who have got any PQ's on production and geology
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by kingofthemall: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
engrpaulsnow:

Please Engineer, your fellow engineer needs your help here on PhD scholarship.

Are we going to do test as well or just interview?

Do I need to already got admission before I apply for the scholarship or I can apply and search for the admission later.??

What's the difference between split PhD and the normal PhD and which schools do you recommend for IT/renewable/engineering stuffs abroad

If you have any tip, you can share with me as well via inbox. Thanks!!!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Speaker051: 6:23am On Nov 07, 2017

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Speaker051:
Good day,

It's no longer news in this country that the patient dog no longer gets even water to drink.

For how long will PTDF keep us aloof?

About a week ago, a friend sent me a message on WhatsApp to ask if I have received money from Ptdf. I said,"NO"! He told me that Ptdf had starting paying Lss awardees. I wanted to believe that this was a fallacy and upon asking more questions, I discovered the money was for last year Lss awardees. https://www.nairaland.com/3656214/7-months-after-induction-yet..

If it took Ptdf one whole year to pay Lss awardees, who knows how many ours will be?

My submission is that it is time for us to get more proactive. We need to use all the available means to strategically make our voices heard.

Let's us set aside SPECIFIC Day's for posting about our grievances on Ptdf twitter handles, sending them mails, send DM messages to people that matter in this society who can assist us, Ptdf Facebook handles..& if it's possible to get it on the screen media, why not..

If you're good in writing articles, you can write an article concerning this subject with a title such as, "Ptdf says its a crime to study in Nigeria".. That's just a suggestion. Let the writers write and I'm sure everyone will make this stuff go viral and Ptdf management will do the needful.

Let's get proactive. If we don't speak, they'll think we are comfortable. Speak before they use your money for 2019 elections.

The crooked method is simple to decipher: put the fund in fixed deposit, yield interest, then disburse after one year.

These guys don't care that some people already secured admission even as at the time of application last year(being one of the conditions for eligibility). Some secured admission on receiving the admission status(success) mail this year, but can't get fund to pay the acceptance fees.

If we don't cry out like the NDDC scholars, our monies will remain in fixed deposit, yielding interest for one greedy fellow.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
Speaker051:
Good day,

It's no longer news in this country that the patient dog no longer gets even water to drink.

For how long will PTDF keep us aloof?

About a week ago, a friend sent me a message on WhatsApp to ask if I have received money from Ptdf. I said,"NO"! He told me that Ptdf had starting paying Lss awardees. I wanted to believe that this was a fallacy and upon asking more questions, I discovered the money was for last year Lss awardees. https://www.nairaland.com/3656214/7-months-after-induction-yet..

If it took Ptdf one whole year to pay Lss awardees, who knows how many ours will be?

My submission is that it is time for us to get more proactive. We need to use all the available means to strategically make our voices heard.

Let's us set aside SPECIFIC Day's for posting about our grievances on Ptdf twitter handles, sending them mails, send DM messages to people that matter in this society who can assist us, Ptdf Facebook handles..& if it's possible to get it on the screen media, why not..

If you're good in writing articles, you can write an article concerning this subject with a title such as, "Ptdf says its a crime to study in Nigeria".. That's just a suggestion. Let the writers write and I'm sure everyone will make this stuff go viral and Ptdf management will do the needful.

Let's get proactive. If we don't speak, they'll think we are comfortable. Speak before they use your money for 2019 elections.
I agree. The people I know are low ranks. The ogas are the ones delaying
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by engrpaulsnow: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
kingofthemall:

Please Engineer, your fellow engineer needs your help here on PhD scholarship.

Are we going to do test as well or just interview?

Do I need to already got admission before I apply for the scholarship or I can apply and search for the admission later.??

What's the difference between split PhD and the normal PhD and which schools do you recommend for IT/renewable/engineering stuffs abroad

If you have any tip, you can share with me as well via inbox. Thanks!!!
No test for PhD applicants, just interview.
There are 3 categories for PhD
1. LSS. ..3 years in Nigeria
2. Split site... 2 years in Nigeria and 1 yr (yr 2) overseas
3. OSS... 3 years overseas
For LSS you need to have admission before applying, though a lot of people still get it without admission letter.
For split site you need to have a local admission but its not necessary you hv a foreign admission. Yet again you can apply without any.
For OSS admission is not necessary at the time of application.
Most schools in d uk offer IT or renewable energy.....You could look out for schools like Nothigham, UCL, imperial college, Leceister etc.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mercyp001(f): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2017
My people,when is this year application coming out?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by ottohan: 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
pls does anybody have an idea of when the 2018/2019 own will be out?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
Please i need scholarship oooo to complete my tuition fees.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by owora1(m): 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
The LSS List is out. Check www.ptdf.gov.ng
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by McSterling(m): 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2017
The list is out. Some of us have our names under "further documentation required". I guess they'll get back to us for the required documentation.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nezy4Real(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hello scholars! Please i need somebody to tell me what is the eligibility criteria for ptdf scholarship and how much is the application fee?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by jossy404: 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Congrats to all who made it ........hope our what's app brethren will come out now....
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mercyp001(f): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2017
congrats to all d pple DAT made d list.
wishing all of u d best.
so we dat want to apply for d next scholarship should b looking out for d new application.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by OtungF: 12:45am On Nov 16, 2017
mercyp001:
congrats to all d pple DAT made d list.
wishing all of u d best.
so we dat want to apply for d next scholarship should b looking out for d new application.
Tanx. All glory to God cos our success is now official.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mercyp001(f): 1:05am On Nov 16, 2017
OtungF:
congrats bro
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by alphalpha(m): 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2017
When will the next application term commence
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by modash(m): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2017
alphalpha:
When will the next application term commence
Around February
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by StanUc(m): 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
mercyp001:

congrats bro
Congratulations to those that made the list.
I was also sent the update e-mail for updating of admission status but my name is not on the released list. What could be the problem?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by StanUc(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
OtungF:

Congratulations to those that made the list.
I was also sent the update e-mail for updating of admission status which several sources said that those that got the e-mail were those that were successful but my name is not on the released list. What could be the problem? Please house I need your advice! This is my first time of posting on nairaland.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by alphalpha(m): 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
modash:

Around February
thanks
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mercyp001(f): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
modash:

Around February
bro,but dis 2017/2018 application came out last year Nov, I am thinking that d next application will also come out dis month. but u are now saying around Feb, I guessed u got d info from d insider. bro,kindly tel us more. thanks.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Plus10(m): 8:30am On Nov 17, 2017
Glory be to God our success is now official...I guess those under "further documentation required" were those that didn't get admission as at when the email for admission status was sent.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Plus10(m): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2017
Please when is the date for MSc LSS induction?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by StanUc(m): 8:47am On Nov 17, 2017
Hello fellow nairalanders, I also got the email to update my my admission status when it was sent to others but I can't find my name in the LSS list. Please did any other person experience this? What do you advise me to do??

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.