Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (626093 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Chevinsmedia: 10:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
Pls add 08064515349
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by umfa1147: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
pls add 08035376822 on the LSS WhatsApp group.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 4emmanueltosin(m): 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Who is at home o? grin grin grin
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by MafianOutlawz(m): 12:26am On Jun 26, 2018
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Belove600(f): 12:40am On Jun 26, 2018
Applications are opened annually for the PTDF Scholarship for undergraduate Nigerian students. The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.

About PTDF:
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is an Agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria established by Act No. 25 of 1973 for the purpose of training and educating Nigerians for its Oil and Gas industry.

The Fund’s Mandate is dedicated to building of capacities and capabilities in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry through the development of human capacities, institutional capacity development as well as the promotion of research and acquisition of relevant technologies.

PTDF Scholarship Criteria for Eligibility:
For Nigerian Undergraduate Students Only

Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics.
Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their first Year.
Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
List of PTDF Eligible Nigerian Universities
Any applicant for the PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship must be a bonafide student of any of the following institutions:

University of Port Harcourt
University of Ibadan
University of Nigeria Nsukka
University of Benin
University of Jos
University of Maiduguri
Ahmadu Bello University
Usman Dan Fodio University
University of Uyo
Bayero University Kano
Federal University Otuoke
Umaru Musa University, Katsina
Obafemi Awolowo University
University of Calabar
Federal University of Technology, Minna
Federal University of Technology, Owerri
University of Ilorin
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship is renewed annually until completion of undergraduate programme.

Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
All Nigerian Undergraduate Students from the above-listed institutions.

Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
Worth: N250,000 + Laptop (to be given at first payment only)

Application Instructions for the PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship:
To complete your application for PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship, you need the following documents to the application portal:

Passport
Birth Certificate or its equivalent
Local Government of Origin Identification
WAEC Result
Admission Letter
The above 5 are compulsory, other optional documents include

Year 1 Result
Diploma Result
O’level result
2nd O’level result (if two sitting)

How to Get the PTDF Application PIN
PTDF authorities will send a pin to the host departments in the various institutions listed below. You are expected to go to any of the locations to collect your application pin, depending on your institution.

Although, before now you are expected to have verified that your CGPA is above 3.0.

List of PTDF LSS Universities
S/N NAME OF SCHOOLS HOST DEPARTMENTS
1 UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT GAS ENGINEERING
2 UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI GEOLOGY
3 UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
4 UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA GEOLOGY
5 UNIVERSITY OF BENIN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
6 AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
7 USMAN DAN FODIO UNIVERSITY PETROLEUM CHEMISTRY
8 UNIVERSITY OF JOS GEOLOGY & MINING
9 BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
10 UNIVERSITY OF UYO ENGINEERING CHEMICAL/PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
11 UNIVERSITY O0F ILORIN GEOLOGY & MINERAL SCIENCE
12 UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR APPLIED CHEMISTRY
13 OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ILE IFE GEOLOGY
14 FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
15 FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY OWERRI PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
16 ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
17 UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
18 ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY METTALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING
19 BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY CHEMISTRY
20 UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA UNIVERSITY RENEWABLE ENERGY CENTER
21 NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
22 FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
23 UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA PYHSICS
24 NNAMDI AZIKWE UNIVERSITY MECHANICAL/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING
25 RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CHEMICAL/PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
26 NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
After successfully completing this, you are expected to patiently wait for the list of shortlisted candidates to be published in your school, which is the list of successful candidates that have been invited to write the exam.

Thereafter, another list of successful names will be published. This final list is the list that indicates whether you have gotten the scholarship or not.

Source: https://www.myschoolblog.com.ng/ptdf-scholarship-details-for-nigerian-undergraduate-students/
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 1:59am On Jul 06, 2018
how far our money angry angry angry angry na wa ooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 4emmanueltosin(m): 4:06am On Jul 06, 2018
step1:
how far our money angry angry angry angry na wa ooooo

As in ehn... those guys don put am for fixed deposit

3 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 9:24am On Jul 06, 2018
4emmanueltosin:

As in ehn... those guys don put am for fixed deposit

That is what most likely happened. The told us that they are processing it and in no time we will get our money for school fees. Why are Nigerians so wicked, so those of us that decided to use our local universities are fools and are less special to those that want to use foreign universities; and you wonder why Nigeria education system remains they way it is.

In fact now they have remove test, just oral interview which is subjective angry angry angry angry angry angry

Buhari is truly a failure

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by darado: 11:42am On Jul 06, 2018
Univeristy of Maiduguri UNIMAID have gotten their payment already. Source: Scholar
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by 4emmanueltosin(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
darado:
Univeristy of Maiduguri UNIMAID have gotten their payment already. Source: Scholar

Who is your source?

Ta ni SCHOLAR? grin grin grin grin

Abegi ooo
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Plus10(m): 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
darado:
Please how true is this info?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by darado: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
4emmanueltosin:

Who is your source?

Ta ni SCHOLAR? grin grin grin grin

Abegi ooo
From last session's scholar. He said only the Unimaid got payment for now. They have a watsap group with a focal person who contacts ptdf in need.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by darado: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Plus10:

Please how true is this info?
From last session's scholar. He said only the Unimaid got payment for now. They have a watsap group with a focal person who contacts ptdf in need.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Please I want to clarify an issue. I heard that each year, PTDF usually sponsors the best graduating student (OSS MSc) of the departments that PTDF are funding. (PTDF upgraded Universities like ABU, Unimaid, Unijos, UI etc).
Please does anyone here have information about it?
@Dmainman and co
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
darado:

Why unimaid ? very unfair on the rest of us !!!!!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by darado: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2018
step1:

Why unimaid ? very unfair on the rest of us !!!!!
I dey tell u bro
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2018
madakiagwom:
Please I want to clarify an issue. I heard that each year, PTDF usually sponsors the best graduating student (OSS MSc) of the departments that PTDF are funding. (PTDF upgraded Universities like ABU, Unimaid, Unijos, UI etc).
Please does anyone here have information about it?
@Dmainman and co
no idea
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by beatmonster(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2018
Pls is the ptdf LSS postgraduate application open?

@ DMainMan boss, pls reply
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by darado: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hi guyz
I just got alert reading ..petroleum. It stops there with out detail. Is this from ptdf? Plz anybody wt similar alert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by StanUc(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2018
Congratulations to my brother@Step1
Congratulations to all the 2017 LSS Awardees that just received their payment from PTDF. May God Almighty grant you all success in your academic pursuits as you undergo your studies and researches.
#Congratulations to you once again!

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by StanUc(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
@Step1, pls can I get in touch with you?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by StanUc(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
step1:

That is what most likely happened. The told us that they are processing it and in no time we will get our money for school fees. Why are Nigerians so wicked, so those of us that decided to use our local universities are fools and are less special to those that want to use foreign universities; and you wonder why Nigeria education system remains they way it is.

In fact now they have remove test, just oral interview which is subjective angry angry angry angry angry angry

Buhari is truly a failure
Congratulations bro!
Can I get in touch with you?

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by ePowers1: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
darado:
Hi guyz
I just got alert reading ..petroleum. It stops there with out detail. Is this from ptdf? Plz anybody wt similar alert

Same here.
I'm thinking abt sending a mail to Mr Onono for confirmation & possibly a lil breakdown, or wat do u guys think?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by darado: 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
ePowers1:

Same here.
I'm thinking abt sending a mail to Mr Onono for confirmation & possibly a lil breakdown, or wat do u guys think?
I called PTDF. Is a payment from them.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by ePowers1: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2018
darado:

I called PTDF. Is a payment from them.
Cheers

Ok, tanx- I figured as much. D only thing is weda they decided to pay everything at once...
Pls, did u by any chance get such details from ur call?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by darado: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
[quote author=ePowers1 post=69260353]

Ok, tanx- I figured as much. D only thing is weda they decided to pay everything at once...
Pls, did u by any chance get such details from ur call?
[/quote
Yap i did. I am for phd and they paid me two yrs payment including my registration fee ( i have attached d receipts during induction). Though i was paid only 1 session registration fee instead of for the two i attached the receipts with. I got the breakdown from the person i called
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by chubylingy: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2018
Thanks you all for the information so far. I am a PHD awardee but I have not recieved any payment. Could it be that they are paying in batches or according to banks. My bank is Diamond bank and my school is UNN. Please is there anyone who hasnt received their payment as well?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by chubylingy: 8:37am On Jul 11, 2018
darado:
Hi guyz

Congrats bro. Please What bank are you banking with. Just been curious cos i am banking with diamond, yet i ve nt recieved an alert.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Plus10(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2018
I have not received the alert o o...is it that they are sending it in batches?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by ePowers1: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=darado post=69260522][/quote]

Tanx...I'm MSc & was paid only one session too- even though dats d only fee I've paid for.
I guess its all gud. Cant exactly complain at dis point...
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by ePowers1: 9:22am On Jul 11, 2018
chubylingy:

Congrats bro. Please What bank are you banking with. Just been curious cos i am banking with diamond, yet i ve nt recieved an alert.

Its most definitely batch by batch, which is dependent on school I think. I also bank wit Diamond & I received said alert yesterday.
Dont worry, soonest...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (214) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.