Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. (1206 Views)

Tech Reviews By A Nigerian - Ya'll Should Check This Dude Out / Ok.. So This Dude Has Got To Be The Best Nigerian Tech Youtuber / MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by Floridax(m): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2016
look what this dude is saying ....that Mali t720 is a lazy GPU.(especially in Chinese smart phones) that its not good in gaming...
he mentioned 5 smart phones with the gpu that he tried games on...
and confirmed that Nova, MC, asphalt 8 high settings is lagging seriously on them even with their 3gb ram.
Cabot dinosaur was among...but I don't know the rest 4.....
is this true? ..gamers using this GPU in phones like
tecno, infinix, gionee

Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by henryobinna(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
he's right to an extent.
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by Floridax(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
henryobinna:
he's right to an extent.
how?
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by PAQ(m): 11:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
He is just being biased. The latest MTK phones are just as powerful as Snapdragon, so is their GPU. Gone are the days when Snapdragon hail supreme, now you have samsong's exynos and Huawei's Helio. They are all good. Where Snapdragon is still king is in Developers support. The others are closed source

2 Likes

Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by augster(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
Snapdragon fanboy
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by skywalker240(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
He may be right to some extent, but the Helio is up to alot of things just like the snapdragon
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by srrrr(m): 8:43am On Nov 04, 2016
PAQ:
He is just being biased. The latest MTK phones are just as powerful as Snapdragon, so is their GPU. Gone are the days when Snapdragon hail supreme, now you have samsong's exynos and Huawei's Helio. They are all good. Where Snapdragon is still king is in Developers support. The others are closed source
That's a lie of the highest degree. If mtk helio x20 is as good as QSD 820, why did Tecno phantom 6 plus score 86,000 in an tu tu benchmark.
Samsung galaxy s7 edge scored 132,000+
HTC 10 scored 141,000+
Xiaomi mi 5 scored 160,000+
and they are all using QSD 820.
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by henryskywalker2003(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2016
PAQ:

***Singing in Olu Maintain's voice*** Dream Dream Dream Dreeeeeaaaam...

Keep dreaming bro. And to show how obvious it was that you didn't even know what you are talking about, you said Helio is from Huawei. That means you don't even know which processors your beloved MTK make. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by PAQ(m): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
henryskywalker2003:

***Singing in Olu Maintain's voice*** Dream Dream Dream Dreeeeeaaaam...

Keep dreaming bro. And to show how obvious it was that you didn't even know what you are talking about, you said Helio is from Huawei. That means you don't even know which processors your beloved MTK make. Na wa o.

Dude, i have never used an MTK device i currently use an xperia z5c. I have used many Snapdragon devices. I read reviews of other phones too. I may have made a mistake on the Helio, it was supposed to be Kirin. and please dont be fooled by antutu benchmarks, dont you know different tweaks and roms can give you different results on thesame phone. Mtk phones are catching up, wether u like it or not, In day-to-day usage they do dsames tasks and play thesame games without lag. Stop being a fanboy and appreciate technology.
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by PAQ(m): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
srrrr:

That's a lie of the highest degree. If mtk helio x20 is as good as QSD 820, why did Tecno phantom 6 plus score 86,000 in an tu tu benchmark.
Samsung galaxy s7 edge scored 132,000+
HTC 10 scored 141,000+
Xiaomi mi 5 scored 160,000+
and they are all using QSD 820.

Hope you see where you shot urslef in the leg. They all use thesame processor but Xiaomi had almost 30k difference from s7 edge. Its not just about the processor bro, but tweaks, ram and the rom in use. Hope u understand my drift. I am not an MTK fan, i just appreciate technology and say no to monopoly. If u have used enough Snapdragon devices you should know how bad the sd810 was. As a consumer i want choice, thanks to samsung u can opt for either Exynos or SD in thesame phone. Now thats what am talking about. Fanboyism is slavery
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by srrrr(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
PAQ:

Hope you see where you shot urslef in the leg. They all use thesame processor but Xiaomi had almost 30k difference from s7 edge. Its not just about the processor bro, but tweaks, ram and the rom in use. Hope u understand my drift. I am not an MTK fan, i just appreciate technology and say no to monopoly. If u have used enough Snapdragon devices you should know how bad the sd810 was. As a consumer i want choice, thanks to samsung u can opt for either Exynos or SD in thesame phone. Now thats what am talking about. Fanboyism is slavery
Xiaomi and HTC scored high because of it's MIUI and HTC sence UI which are light and well optimized, SGS 7 scored that low because TouchWiz UI is heavy. They all use 4gb DDR4, same android 6.0, same processor. The only difference between these once and tecno phantom 6 plus is the processor. Tecno HiOS is well optimized, but it scored that low.
You can't compare QSD and MTK because they are not mates
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by Youngpo413: 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
Kirin is d bomb!
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by Floridax(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
Bleep what antutu says....am using boom j8 with just 2gb ram and Mali t720 mp4....
I never see lag once for any my gameplay...
asphalt 8 high settings
doom HD
half life EP 1 and 2
asphalt extreme and many others...
and even the new batman telltail series that supports only open gl 3.1 up played very smoothly on my phone ....we know snapdragon is the boss....but mtk are really trying ...even my padi phone with SD 801 confirm am...both of us played asphalt 8 in high settings ,,no single difference,, graphics were the same ,,no single lag in both phones....only difference was loading time SD was a little faster in loading time........mtk s really coming up...
Re: This Dude Is Criticizing Mtk Phones.. by Floridax(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
the only mtk phones I fear are.. cubot phones injoo phones meizu phones bluboo ulefone and others
I know their spec's were too good to be true...

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Now Steals Customer's Credit / All Samsung Galaxy Official Marshmallow ROM Download / Infinix NOTE 4pro To Be Available At SLOT Stores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.