Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency (37094 Views)

Opposition Mounts Against Southwest Slot For PDP Chair / Presidential Plane Departs From London As Anxiety Mounts - Vanguard / Anambra Hits Self-sufficiency In Rice Production- Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by chloedogie(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

You are EXTREMELY NAIVE and THOUGHTLESS. If you really believe the highlighted, then you really should just return to your VILLAGE, because you have NO CLUE how this world operates.

Bros You can't blame people like that guy. Do you know that glo dataplan for a week is just 500 naira and you will be given 1.6GB. Imagine what people like that will do with a huge data like this. Gone are the days. I blame glo.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by ArabMopol(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2016
Buhari useless old fool... I will do this I will do that... we are not even there yet... Even local rice is not obtainable , Buhari please return us the way u see us... it will be a honourable thing you step aside... how do we even arrive here in the first place.... Buhari and his cronies are EDIOTS
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by nextprince: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2016
coptic:

How do people like you even think? angry
I just taya
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by zizazizu: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2016
I am not a Buhari-enthusiast but this move is a great one. We give out too much and get little in return.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Bgorgeous: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2016
I have high hope that we will be happy with food next year after harvest .
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by ubergold(m): 10:18am On Nov 04, 2016
What is all this? Are we going back to the days where the economy index looks good on paper but terrible on ground. The price of rice is still on the increase and all we hear on the news are new words added to our vocabulary. "self sufficiency". It is well
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Akkotto: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2016
How do you know the report is true
zizazizu:
I am not a Buhari-enthusiast but this move is a great one. We give out too much and get little in return.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by kokomilala(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2016
This is it ! Food revolution ! The first law of nature for the transient man is survival! And once the issue of food is taken out of the way, the way is paved for man to fully appropriate his potentials and make the most of them.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by LaaJiblik: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2016
"He added that Kebbi, Niger, Anambra, Calabar and other rice producing states would feed the nation and ensure availability of foods items in Nigeria."

Na wa ohhh....
CALABAR is now a STATE??
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by MrDavidson: 10:21am On Nov 04, 2016
Many people will choose not to believe this, but this is the truth. Countries like UK and US never want anything good for us, aside what will feather their nest. They'll only be supporting our antigraft campaign and returning our stolen fund with words of mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by ayo4sure(m): 10:21am On Nov 04, 2016
God bless naija
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by mapet: 10:21am On Nov 04, 2016
coptic:

Redoil:
:
No nation will kick or stop any other nation from reaching food sufficiency.
All these are lies from the pit of apc propaganda machine just to look good in the eyes of the people

How do people like you even think? angry

They dont
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by ubergold(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2016
Rossikk:

You are EXTREMELY NAIVE and THOUGHTLESS. If you really believe the highlighted, then you really should just return to your VILLAGE, because you have NO CLUE how this world operates.
Have you eaten today? Are you able to pay your bills like you did before?

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by feeloscar(m): 10:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Redoil:
No nation will kick or stop any other nation from reaching food sufficiency. Apart from stock fish all our food import are from asia
All these are lies from the pit of apc propaganda machine just to look good in the eyes of the people
U don wail reach level wey you go de wail blame Buhari when you de eat and sh!t. I sure say u dey wail wen u dey d oda room too.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by CandyDiamond(f): 10:25am On Nov 04, 2016
And the price of rice is still 22k in the market, APC and blame game shocked cool cool angry cheesy angry grin
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by feeloscar(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2016
timeman:
If you send him back to his village, you send him back to the 13th century. We cannot afford anymore cavemen
Kiss the truth!
You bad gan grin grin grin
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by bakila: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2016
Slikbae:
You are right. Those saying all manner of derogatory things are actually the naive ones. How can a European nation or any other country stop another country from achieving food sufficiency. They haven't even stopped north Korean leader from making nuclear weapons. Most of our rice is imported from Asia, not even Europe. Why does the black man blame the white man for all our woes. Its really baffling.
Who fund the Asian exporters.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Exactly! It is even more pathetic when you consider that most of our rice import are from Asia (Thailand especially). Wetin concern pilot with bicycle tyre sef?
Did u read d article at all or u r just arguing with urself?
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by logicab: 10:28am On Nov 04, 2016
saintdennis:

I can't believe that palm oil own @ all...pictures of the trade receipts or I can't believe.
Either directly or indirectly, we import palm oil from Malaysia (in the form of vegetable oil at least). Same Malaysia that came to get oil palm seeds from Nigeria in the 60s.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by feeloscar(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2016
acenazt:

Who be dat Wey dey say him no believe say another country fit block another country from self sufficiency?
Na one CAVEMAN like dat.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by luminouz(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2016
oesnac:
I need one person to give 20$ to invest in a business without returning the money and any other profits he/she make out of the 20$ I will not collect it.
Contact me on fanolamuyiwa@Gmail dot com or check signature. Once u agree with just one condition and u are able to meet up, then thousands of dollars await you.
OLE!!!!
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by mapet: 10:29am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Realhommie(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Till the price of rice drops in the market... I wouldn't believe this story
And must you quote the whole article? Couldn't you have just replied the post

Imagine the space only you consumed!!! Greedy sumbori
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Forwetinnah: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2016
Unsad:

I bought a local bag of rice 15K. And believe me Nigerian rice is way better

Really...what's the brand/name. People around me have been complaining about our locally made rice at such I'm yet to buy or try. Mbok, forward name make i go find am for market

The EU has been trying to block our self sufficiency since the time of GEJ, OBJ entered a shady deal with them which Jonathan cancelled. One of the major reasons our Economy grew under the past administration was because Jonathan's administration cut off ties with the EU. I think they brought back some of those Shady deals to the Present administration hence the revolt. What business has the EU got to kick against our agricultural progress if there's no deal struck to promote theirs? I've been saying it..this administration has been signing deals they know nothing about, the President doesn't read to start with. Smh

And as Usual Adminisher is here to display ignorance, saying GEJ started the importation of Oil. ..dude really? Are you that ignorant?!
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by feeloscar(m): 10:33am On Nov 04, 2016
Slikbae:
You are right. Those saying all manner of derogatory things are actually the naive ones. How can a European nation or any other country stop another country from achieving food sufficiency. They haven't even stopped north Korean leader from making nuclear weapons. Most of our rice is imported from Asia, not even Europe. Why does the black man blame the white man for all our woes. Its really baffling.
Na dem dem, cavemen imagination.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by sammyj: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2016
Even with that are they suppose to complain about the stock fish we can produce locally in abundance
RZArecta:
The only European nation I saw "complaining" in that article was doing so about stock fish and not rice. Why do our journalists sensationalize everything ? Besides we import most of our rice from Asia and they should be the ones complaining
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This report appear to be sensational and sponsored by the CBN but I won't say much. My prayer is for Nigeria to hit self sufficiency and end the ridiculous rice import regime.
Tonye, you are an intelligent young man. I encourage you and other youths to look for opportunities in such reports instead of focusing on the politics. Pasted below are facts and opportunities from the report where a young man can see potentials and keep in. Also, the Director, Development Finance, CBN, Dr Mudashiru Olaitan said 73,075 farmers were benefiting from the CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme in Kebbi state alone.

He said that per hectare, the estimated yield was six to eight tonnes. He said the farmers have been linked with buyers at an agreed sum of N6,600 per bag of unprocessed rice.....The agreement is for ICMG to provide 12kilogram of improved seedlings and two bags of fertilizers to small farmers and 50 kg of seedlings and 10 bags of fertilizers to large farmers.

The 5,000 farmers working on the project were also given N170,000 per hectare to take care of running cost.

At the end of the planting season, each hectare is estimated to produce 25 bags and out of that, four bags will be collected as repayment for the seedlings, fertilizers and money provided.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by caracas: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2016
omenka:
What do those people know besides spitting venomous saliva all over the place?? The very fundamentals of politics of international trade, they've got no idea. cheesy

Just the way all those importing electricity generators into this country wouldn't want PHCN to ever become efficient is the same way countries from which we import agricultural products would rather we remain dependent on them to meet our needs. Becoming self sufficient means depletion of revenue to them which is an undesirable situation.

Shouldn't a toddler know this??

PDP supporters are just too darn ignorant. cheesy
Sharap Mr man,
There is a difference between à country not wanting another to be self sufficient and actually working to stop them .
What the guy said is true no nation can stop another from moving forward or developing .otherwise china n russia wud not be where they are today.
America wud have stopped them.
This might just be Apc's plan for excuse If they eventually fail especially in agriculture.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by feeloscar(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2016
davidif:

GBAM!!!!! I thought so when i read the article. It didn't make sense. Why would another country be bothered about another countries agricultural output especially a European country that most likely doesn't produce rice.
someone too, needs to go back to the village grin
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2016
GEJ's legacies lives on. long fed rep of nigeria
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Senorprinz(m): 10:38am On Nov 04, 2016
LaaJiblik:
"He added that Kebbi, Niger, Anambra, Calabar and other rice producing states would feed the nation and ensure availability of foods items in Nigeria."

Na wa ohhh....
CALABAR is now a STATE??

na so e dey be when person don too lie.
Re: Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency by Smooyis(m): 10:39am On Nov 04, 2016
Redoil:
No nation will kick or stop any other nation from reaching food sufficiency. Apart from stock fish all our food import are from asia

Hatred is a poison to the soul, it blurs a person 's vision and outlook. Learn to be positive my brother. I know you are just revenging for the hatred shown to Jonathan during his tenure.
Let's leave judgements for God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki: Changing Stance On Arms Deal, 2014 & 2015.. Pix Attached.. / Pictures: APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Jigawa / Emefiele Hosts Lavish 60th Birthday Party In Jamaica - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.