Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,549 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech (15242 Views)

Learn To Create Animated Video With Just A Token Of #3,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by chubbyswit(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
A Canadian company has offered to sponsor the training of no fewer than 3,000 Nigerian film makers on animation, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has disclosed.

The minister disclosed this at the opening of the French, Japanese and Nigerian animated films festival on Wednesday in Abuja.

According to the minister, the Canadian firm, Toon Boom, based in Montreal, will teach the Nigerian youths in animation technology.

”The firm will provide what is industry grade certification and tools so that those Nigerians can compete for global work. The firm works for Disney, Nickeledeon. It is Nigerians who will do the actual training. It’s a train the trainer and certification programme similar to what happened in India”, he said.

” On the whole we envisage 5,000 Nigerian youths being trained. But we are starting with 3,000″, he added.

Mohammed said that his ministry was also collaborating with the French government on capacity building for Nigerian film makers also in the area of animation and children films.

He noted that as prolific as Nollywood was, the industry had not done too well in the area of animated and children film.

He said that the country had the potential and huge market for animation and children films if they were well developed.

Speaking also at the event Denys Gauer, the Ambassador of France to Nigeria, said that animated films was still rare in Nigeria in spite of being the second largest film industry in the world.

“Having this in mind we should not forget the fledgling Nigerian animated industry, Nigerian animated movies are still rare despite being the second largest film industry in the world.

“There is a dearth of animation and children movies although Nigeria is well known for its talent, imagination and creativity.

“More animated studios are opening in Abuja and Lagos. But this sub-sector is still facing some challenges.

“It is the reason why, we have decided with our Japanese partners to dedicate one of the four evening to the animated industry in Nigeria.

“It will include some Nigerian short film screenings and a panel discussion in partnership with some Nigerian animation studios.

According to him, to further strengthen the relations between France and Nigeria a workshops with facilitators from Europe would be organised in 2017.

“The Instutit Francais will organise a program on animation, that will include workshops with facilitator from Europe Animation School such as Les Gobelins in Paris; but also meetings with experts in international co-production, large audience screening and more to strengthen the sector,’’ he assured.

The second edition of the animated film festival was scheduled from Nov. 2nd to 5th in Abuja.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/3000-nigerians-to-learn-animation-tech/

5 Likes

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Turks: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2016
Kids don't care for animation these days...They're into techy android/ios devices. This is what the new Nigeria has turned into. How many of these kids can climb trees sef? Wait, y'all are talking about animation; how would they ever enjoy these animations when there's epileptic power supply? Priorities people...PRIORITIES!!

FTC don become child's play for me sha grin No thanks to MTN! The fastEST data network smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by adaksbullet: 9:05am On Nov 04, 2016
Wow FCT bebi shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

First time I we be FCT on nl cry cry cry.......am whant too tenks gos that his gived me live, mine dad n mom that his colabo too brouth me too earth.....mine mtn sim that his made me braos, mine iPhone 7s+.....am thanked evrybodys that his stad bye me ,am sayed thanks u kiss kiss kiss

Oya dashed me like if are not whant too died these yr angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by zubby55(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2016
Na only animation
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by DozieInc(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2016
m
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by yeyeboi(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2016
We Are In a Serious Mess I This Country, This Biscuit Used To Be Sold Under Jonathan Administration For Two N15 And It Used To Be 3 Inside, Now It's 2 For N25 Under Buhari's Administration The Worst Part Is It Has Been Reduced To 2 Inside cry undecided angry

May Almighty Thunder Fire APC And Their Supporters Of Evil Change

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Lovelynature(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Good development. Hope Mr. Lie doesn't twist it later

To those space bookers up there. The way I dey look una

1 Like

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by DONSMITH123(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Buhari sef?
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by richidinho(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Why alwayz in future tense?

1 Like

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Dreal11247: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
And what does it mean?
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by mako007(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
I hope this is not a publicity stunt bcoz ayam xoxo interested

2 Likes

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Ikigia: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Brilliant, if its true...

1 Like

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
First To Comment.... Wadelse??
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Proffdada: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2016
grin
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by luminouz(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2016
Lai Mohammed again! Just negodu Na!
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by geostrata(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2016
wink
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by johnstar(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2016
Turks:
Kids don't care for animation these days...They're into techy android/ios devices. This is what the new Nigeria has turned into.

FTC don become child's play for me sha grin No thanks to MTN! The fastEST data network smiley
no thanks to buhari making u jobless
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by ayodeji247: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2016
good news make bt hw do we apply abi we no der apply ni
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by celestialAgent(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2016
Why Animation?

I mean what is to be celebrated in learning TOON BOOM, Cinema4d, 3ds Max, Maya, Sculpture, Aurora 3D, flash etc, abroad?

Why can't they just improve our universities infrastructurally and make them learn them in Nigeria universities. Then lobby for real technology education abroad?

Nigeria is mess - going abroad to learn animation, wow!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Jdesilentkiller(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2016
Has the quality and technical aspects of Nollywood improve........ Forgive my English
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Generalkorex(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2016
Nice one
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Turks: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2016
Yeah...I can see how busy you are with your RANTING job grin.
johnstar:
no thanks to buhari making u jobless

1 Like

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by casttlebarbz(m): 9:12am On Nov 04, 2016
I don't trust this man angry sad
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Siberia101: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2016
adaksbullet:
Wow FCT bebi shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

First time I we be FCT on nl cry cry cry.......am whant too tenks gos that his gived me live, mine dad n mom that his colabo too brouth me too earth.....mine mtn sim that his made me braos, mine iPhone 7s+.....am thanked evrybodys that his stad bye me ,am sayed thanks u kiss kiss kiss

Oya dashed me like if are not whant too died these yr angry

Where in FCT do you reside? Maitama, Gwarimpa,Wuse

3 Likes

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Costello559(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2016
The government is positive.. And i think they are working towards achieving positive results..... They need our prayers and support.. . Don't allow this blaming mindset disturb us...
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by ghettowriter(m): 9:14am On Nov 04, 2016
That will be a great Idea. This might sound dickish but I love animations alot. maybe I can become the next Mr Rogers, who knows?
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by chronique(m): 9:18am On Nov 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Ourown(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2016
Please I have intrest in this program o
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by BizLifeE: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2016
That's a good thing. That's a good investment in the right direction. The world is changing.

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by ItsawrapOutfit: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2016
God bless the company
Re: 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech by Fkforyou(m): 9:39am On Nov 04, 2016
F

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comics Nairaland Universe / A Nairaland Artist Gets Recognised By National Mirror Newspaper / Branding, Identity & Logo Design Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.