Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,414 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC (32404 Views)

Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court / Registering A Business Cac Lagos / Ease Of Doing Business: Cac’s Giant Strides In Business Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Gkemz: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2016
It shouldn't end there. Government should provide an enabling environment for business to thrive in.

1 Like

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Ourown(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2016
ngoben:
....omG *10...tks a bunch...

Welcome you are cool
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by ademoladeji(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2016
kinibigdeal:
But you will still need an accountant

For what?
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Lifestone(m): 7:16am On Nov 04, 2016
For me it's more about how long it takes for you to complete your business registration, presently you have to "sort" officials for you to complete one in five weeks in most cases.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by leksmedia: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by jbcul4ril(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2016
Great news!!!!

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2016
good
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by 2016easy2017: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2016
thank God I ddntbread law
they are turning to be beghers these day.
many of them at the court advertising avidavit
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by NairaMaster1(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2016
kinibigdeal:

To register? Hahaha your village people are after your knowledge
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by erico2k2(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2016
kinibigdeal:
The only reason you won't need an accountant is if you plan not to pay the correct tax and that in itself is fraud .
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by erico2k2(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2016
2016easy2017:
Haba it's not that bad yet

1 Like

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by jinneyb(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2016
Pavore9:
"You don't need a lawyer to register your business for you anymore. You can now do it yourself."..Bad market for lawyers! cheesy cheesy

Why do we still have to go to their offices when it could be done online! angry

For further guidance especially those who are very new to it.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by omogidi234(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2016
Consultville:
Trust me, you actually need.

Don't mind him. The Act, that creates CAC itself says that a lawyer must sign your CAC form 4. If you walked to a lawyer to sign that form and he says he would charge you the amount he would have charged if he was the agent doing the registration, what will you do? You keep moving until you get a lawyer who can sign for you FOC.

The Act also says Chartered Accountant, Chartered Secretaries and Lawyers are the ones empowered to register your business.

I think even asking people to come and register business by themselves is a breach of that Act by CAC which would have been sanctioned in another society.

What they ought to do is to approach the National Assembly and amend the Act first.

3 Likes

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by eezeribe(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2016
Thank you Lord God...
Everything is turning around for the best...
People like us who depend on you, Now have a chance
Our Time has come...
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by erico2k2(m): 7:43am On Nov 04, 2016
kingphilip:
This is meant to be a good development but I'll advice those who wants to register their businesses to seek some legal guidance because there's enough technicalities out there in which you can't bypass yourself except you are properly guided and I'm sure that's the reason they were used in the first place

Anyone know how I can go about registering one?? I plan on starting something soon
Go to thier office . Come back and tell the house what you saw

1 Like

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by goaldynboy: 7:43am On Nov 04, 2016
2016easy2017:

This one that cannot spell anything to save his life. Is this how you want to become a lawyer? Abeg your type is not needed in the legal hemisphere at all!!! tongue

3 Likes

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by erico2k2(m): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2016
omogidi234:

Don't mind him. The Act, that creates CAC itself says that a lawyer must sign your CAC form 4. If you walked to a lawyer to sign that form and he says he would charge you the amount he would have charged if he was the agent doing the registration, what will you do? You keep moving until you get a lawyer who can sign for you FOC.

The Act also says Chartered Accountant, Chartered Secretaries and Lawyers are the ones empowered to register your business.

I think even asking people to come and register business by themselves is a breach of that Act by CAC which would have been sanctioned in another society.

What they ought to do is to approach the National Assembly and amend the Act first.
Bro Read the act again plz or better still paste it here let us see where it stated such as written above .
Cos I know a person who do e thier DIY in ABJ .
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:46am On Nov 04, 2016
Good
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Zenlife: 7:47am On Nov 04, 2016
50% reduction

So what's the new registration fee please?
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by adexcharo(m): 7:47am On Nov 04, 2016
Nice one . when will this come to Jos .
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by JOREVA: 7:48am On Nov 04, 2016
What about filing of returns! Do you still need a secretary for that too?
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by kingphilip(m): 7:50am On Nov 04, 2016
erico2k2:

Go to thier office . Come back and tell the house what you saw
I go need transport..

1 Like

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Pavore9: 7:51am On Nov 04, 2016
jinneyb:

For further guidance especially those who are very new to it.

The info on the website should take care of that and if there is need for further clarification, phone numbers should be provided to help guid the application. Kenya does its business name search and business name registration online, Kenyans just log into their e-citizen portal with their National ID number. Payments for the services is being made through mobile phones even a Nokia 3310 can be used to make the payment.

1 Like

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by loveandhate: 7:52am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by TheAdvocate(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2016
kinibigdeal:

And also a company secretary. Its still on the forms and memo must be prepared by a legal practitioner.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Drabeey:
Its not yet easy joor, the problem you'll go thru at their office is enough.
They should make all the process accessible online.

Drabeey was HERE
I have a previa bus for sale...toks
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by kinibigdeal(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2016
Bro, i spent close to 90k to register mine then. LTD sha
NairaMaster1:

To register? Hahaha your village people are after your knowledge
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by ykolajide: 8:13am On Nov 04, 2016
Ok
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by onatisi(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Consultville:
Trust me, you actually need.
pls kindly tell us why?
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2016
For sometime now the need for Lawyers in registration of Business Name has been discretionary. Nevertheless wise people still engage the service of a Lawyer.

It is entirely a different case with registration of Private Companies and Public Companies. The Law is specific on the requirement to duly complete a form(CAC 4) which evidences compliance with all provisions of the Act and this form can only be signed by a Lawyer. This has maintained the exclusive role of Lawyers in Business Name and Company Registration
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by jinneyb(m): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2016
Pavore9:

The info on the website should take care of that and if there is need for further clarification, phone numbers should be provided to help guid the application. Kenya does its business name search and business name registration online, Kenyans just log into their e-citizen portal with their National ID number. Payments for the services is being made through mobile phones even a Nokia 3310 can be used to make the payment.

Aside from payment, other enquiries that may not be understood by the customers can also be asked.

And sir, not everyone is computer literate and am sure Kenya also have offices for this apart from their online platforms.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2016
I have registered several businesses in CAC and I have never used lawyer to do so. Nothing new, just that many Nigerians didn't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard / N8Bn Is Chicken Change To GTBank, Assets In Trillions - Yinka Ogunnubi (Photos) / A Simple Guide For Preparing A Feasibility Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.