Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah (10766 Views)

Why Women Are Kept Closer To The Ka'abah (Photos) / Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 04, 2016
As’salam alaikum brothers and sisters in Islam.

Today, I would like us to share unforgettable experience(s) that drew us closer to Allah subuhanu wa ta’ala. It does not have to be a negative experience but something you will like to share with others so we may benefit from it.
Today I will be sharing one of the many times I thought I was going to die. This is one of the times I said to myself ‘ah oti ton fun mi’/ it is over for me.
It all began about nine weeks to Ramadan. I noticed I would randomly get dizzy and nauseated. I did not really have any major health issues so I didn’t bother much. I was a little worried but I didn’t pay much attention to it.

Lesson no 1: Take care of your body as much as you can because it’s trust from Allah.

Time went by, Ramadan came, and these symptoms became more frequent especially during the last ten days. I could not pinpoint why, but I thought perhaps, it was dehydration or low blood sugar. However, during one of the last ten nights, my symptoms worsened. I was tired, vomiting, and dizzy. I had never ever felt like this before. I have felt tired and weak before but this was on another level. I felt like my body had failed me and had given up on me.

Now, I have many experiences where I thought I was going to die (like the time I almost drowned) but this was different. This time I believed I was dying.Questing started to pop in. Did I live a good life? How would my case be with Allah? What of the people that I might have backbitten, slandered, or oppressed in any way? Did I oppress people with my tongue and hands? I have not had a chance to seek their forgiveness.

Lesson no2: Repent seek forgiveness from those you may have oppressed in any way or form. If you cannot do that that make dua for them, speak and treat them in a good manner.

One of the hadith that was stuck in my mind at that time, was the Prophet’s advice (peace and blessing be upon him) to take five before five.
It was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) advised: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death”. (Narrated by Ibn Abbas and reported by Al Hakim)

I couldn’t but wonder......did I take advantage of my life? My health? My time? If I were to die now, would I die a good death? Am I being hopeful of Allah?

It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullah al-Ansaari (may Allah have mercy on him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say, three days before he died: “No one of you should die except thinking positively of Allah.” Narrated by Muslim (2877).
An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) on commentary of the hadith said: The scholars mentioned what is meant by thinking positively of Allah, may He be exalted, is thinking that He will have mercy on you and forgive you. Then, when the signs of death appear, hope should outweigh fear, or should prevail completely. Sharh Muslim (17/210)

At some point I started to wonder how much of my little wealth savings did I really keep for myself.
Al-Tirmidhi narrated that they slaughtered a sheep at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and gave it in charity except for its shoulder. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked ‘As’ishah, “What is left of it?” She said: “Nothing is left except the shoulder.” He said: “All of it will remain except its shoulder.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen on commentary of this hadith mentioned. Whatever a person eats goes and no longer remains, but that which he gives in charity is what will remain for him with Allaah and he will benefit from it on the Day of Resurrection. This hadeeth is a reference to the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Whatever is with you, will be exhausted, and whatever is with Allaah (of good deeds) will remain” [al-Nahl 16:96].

I would like us to pause for moment and ask ourselves how much of our time are we really spending for ourselves? And how much of our wealth are we really spending for ourselves?

I will leave you with the advice of the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) who said; “Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler along a path.” Ibn Umar said, “If you enter the evening, then do not wait for the morning. If you enter the morning, then do not wait for the evening. Take from your health for your sickness and from your life for your death.” Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6053

We all know that death is as real as it can get and our clocks are continuously ticking, so what have we prepared for when the soul would reach the throats?

NOTE: This story has been exaggerated a little to draw lessons.

culled from https://thatislamictalk..qa/2016/11/an-unfortabale-experience.html

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 04, 2016
Jumma'h Mubarak!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 04, 2016
Ok, that will be when the whole family (including me) had an accident at Iwo road when we were coming back from eid al-adha celebrations, my brothers and my sister were ok, my dad was ok and my mum was ok, i was the only one THAT ALMOST DIED, why? I was sitting behind my dad, so when he was struggling with the steering, he finally hit a tree, the branch of the tree compressed the door(beside where i sat), dislocated my arm and gave me a cut on my face.

According to my mum, my iris/pupils went up and All that was left was my sclera (i.e the whitish part), she thought i had died and was crying heavily because i stopped breathing(according to her), i was unconscious for only Allaah knows how long.

when i gained consciousness, i found my hand hanged while i was on bed, then i started thinking, I almost died, if i had died where will be my end? sincerely i lived a sinful life, I didn't pray AT ALL! the prophet(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, the difference between a muslim and a kaafir is salaah, umar ibn khattab said, he who does not pray is a kaafir, therefore i was a kaafir at the point of death, so i ask where will be my abode after death? your guess is as good as mine ETERNAL HELL!

you could imagine the tears that rolled down my cheeks (not literally tho, i hardly shed tears grin), what kind of life have i been living? life of NO SALAAH, life of GIRLS(yes i had GFs), infact at the point of death i was with "punk hairstyle", so is this how i would've gone to Allaah with "punk"? grin, I had earpiece listening to the Qur'an of shaytaan(i.e music) when thr accident happened, was this how i would've died? with so much burden to carry when i stand in front of Allaah? a day when every atom weight of evil you have done will be shown to you? how bout the punishment i would've received in the grave before yaumul qiyaamah? subhanAllaah, Allaah had mercy upon me.

so when i finally gained admission, i started changing bit by bit, i walked with friends that were practicing Muslims, that way my eeman increased and became practising muslim till today, the hardest life i had to leave was the Life of Girls, it was really difficult! the greatest jihaad is jihaad an-nafs i.e fighting against ones whims and desires.

Why are you still scrolling down? story don finish na? or what else do you want me to say? undecided

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by balash(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2016
Brb
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
What brought me close was when i saw moderate muslims supporting muslim fanatics like Isis and BH so i now want 2 understand what goes on in their head grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Ok, that will be when the whole family (including me) had an accident at Iwo road when we were coming back from eid al-adha celebrations, my brothers and my sister were ok, my dad was ok and my mum was ok, i was the only one THAT ALMOST DIED, why? I was sitting behind my dad, so when he was struggling with the steering, he finally hit a tree, the branch of the tree compressed the door(beside where i sat), dislocated my arm and gave me a cut on my face.

According to my mum, my iris/pupils went up and All that was left was my sclera (i.e the whitish part), she thought i had died and was crying heavily because i stopped breathing(according to her), i was unconscious for only Allaah knows how long.

when i gained consciousness, i found my hand hanged while i was on bed, then i started thinking, I almost died, if i had died where will be my end? sincerely i lived a sinful life, I didn't pray AT ALL! the prophet(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, the difference between a muslim and a kaafir is salaah, umar ibn khattab said, he who does not pray is a kaafir, therefore i was a kaafir at the point of death, so i ask where will be my abode after death? your guess is as good as mine ETERNAL HELL!

you could imagine the tears that rolled down my cheeks (not literally tho, i hardly shed tears grin), what kind of life have i been living? life of NO SALAAH, life of GIRLS(yes i had GFs), infact at the point of death i was with "punk hairstyle", so is this how i would've gone to Allaah with "punk"? grin, I had earpiece listening to the Qur'an of shaytaan(i.e music) when thr accident happened, was this how i would've died? with so much burden to carry when i stand in front of Allaah? a day when every atom weight of evil you have done will be shown to you? how bout the punishment i would've received in the grave before yaumul qiyaamah? subhanAllaah, Allaah had mercy upon me.

so when i finally gained admission, i started changing bit by bit, i walked with friends that were practicing Muslims, that way my eeman increased and became practising muslim till today, the hardest life i had to leave was the Life of Girls, it was really difficult! the greatest jihaad is jihaad an-nafs i.e fighting against ones whims and desires.

Why are you still scrolling down? story don finish na? or what else do you want me to say? undecided oh!

jumah mubarak smiley
Nice and touching story.

Stay away from girls and alcohol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by auwalyau: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Jazakumullah bi khair
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by blizzcelebTv: 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
i use teeth touch live wire i tot there was no current on it.....oboy i tot i was dead

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Nice and touching story.

Stay away from girls and alcohol

JazakAllaah khayran khatheera ya akh, I've fled from girls and as for alcohol I've never taken it before o shocked my badness no reach that extent.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by freeman95(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
never knew NAIRALAND threatens people with their 'i believe in Allah blah blah blah

if u wanna comment on the muslim thread.

SEGREGATION IF YOU ASK ME!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by MAbdulsamod(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
The time I realized I don't wanna sin no more.. I started reading Islamic books on PDF and also downloaded a lot of Islamic videos on YouTube of the likes of Dr zakir naik, mufti Ismail menk, Ahmed deedat, Dr bilal Philips and many more. couple of month later I knew something positive is happening to me. In sha Allah I will be launching my Islamic site soon...

you can also like my Islamic page on facebook..
https://www.Facebook.com/islamtheholyway

Jazzakhallah khair

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

JazakAllaah khayran khatheera ya akh, I've fled from girls and as for alcohol I've never taken it before o shocked my badness no reach that extent.
grin
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by SWORD419(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
when i listened to one imams tafsir, i became very scared to d extent that i couldn't sleep in my room alone.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by BigAli1(m): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
Masha Allah
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
freeman95:
never knew NAIRALAND threatens people with their 'i believe in alah blah blah blah

Fear Not. I have to bear their name then swear their oath to join them here. We need to know what they are planning grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
For me, many tins Allah did for me, like providing me with a good competitive job when I had none and needed it soooo badly. Notwithstanding the odds against me, such as; not being the most qualified for the job. Other applicants had MSC and even PHD. Only had Bsc.
Soooooo many tins Allah did for me. And it brings me to tears whenever I rmb how greatly I ve been favoured by Allah irrespective of my vast sins.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by SWORD419(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
freeman95:
never knew NAIRALAND threatens people with their 'i believe in alah blah blah blah

then why come here do u want to convert to islam??
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
blizzcelebTv:
i use teeth touch live wire i tot there was no current on it.....oboy i tot i was dead
That's a careless act grin
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
For me, many tins Allah did for me, like providing me with a good competitive job when I had none and needed it soooo badly. Notwithstanding the odds against me, such as; not being the most qualified for the job. Other applicants had MSC and even PHD. Only had Bsc.
Soooooo many tins Allah did for me. And it brings me to tears whenever I rmb how greatly I ve been favoured by Allah irrespective of my vast sins.
Feeling sober here while you go out to politics section to attack igbos.

I dey catch una today
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
SWORD419:
Thank you. I've never been to Yabaleft before

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by freeman95(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
SWORD419:

your moniker sef dey scare me

SWORD

AND

its u who need islamic doctrines in your life my brother in allah

grin grin
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by freeman95(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Fear Not. I have to bear their name then swear their oath to join them here. We need to know what they are planning grin

haha u creepy beast! grin grin
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by blizzcelebTv: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
That's a careless act grin
i wanted to bend it to connect it to anoda wire. i know it was a careless act. buh i tank god shaa
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
blizzcelebTv:

i wanted to bend it to connect it to anoda wire. i know it was a careless act. buh i[b] tank god[/b] shaa
haba you are not a good muslim

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
U guys re sooo funny.
Nobdy forbids u frm viewing the posts here, but u re not expected to comment unless u re a muslim. This was occasioned by the highly intolerant and uncivilised posture of non-muslim contributors who can't help but derail threads meant only for muslim faithful.
Know that u re alws wlcome if u re not going to be a nuisance.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Feeling sober here while you go out to politics section to attack igbos.

I dey catch una today
I only attack ipods miscreants not ibos. Leave this matter for the politics sections.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
U guys re sooo funny.
Nobdy forbids u frm viewing the posts here, but u re not expected to comment unless u re a muslim. This was occasioned by the highly intolerant and uncivilised posture of non-muslim contributors who can't help but derail threads meant only for muslim faithful.
Know that u re alws wlcome if u re not going to be a nuisance.
Your brethen midollian and vedaxcool comment on Christian thread so i don't see any reason i shouldn't comment here.

UnCloth Religion

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
freeman95:
never knew NAIRALAND threatens people with their 'i believe in Allah blah blah blah

This was occasioned by the highly intolerant and uncivilised posture of non-muslim contributors who can't help but derail threads meant only for muslim faithful.
Know that u re alws wlcome if u re not going to
be a nuisance.
Its like I know u! Do u live in Edo?
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I only attack ipods miscreants not ibos. Leave this matter for the politics sections.
did those so called ipob come here to challenge your belief? You want to eat your cake and have it

Mbanu

Undresss Religion

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mujaheeeden: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
This was occasioned by the highly intolerant and uncivilised posture of non-muslim contributors who can't help but derail threads meant only for muslim faithful.
Know that u re alws wlcome if u re not going to
be a nuisance.
cstr drss you guys can see the funny attitude of people like this.

Undresss Religion
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Your brethen midollian and vedaxcool comment on Christian thread so i don't see any reason i shouldn't comment here.

UnCloth Religion
I'm sure those pple u mentioned comment reasonably on christian threads. They don't comment by insulting pples valued beliefs, a practice common amongst u folks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an. / Lagos Ramadan Prayer Timetable / Six Ramadan Tips For New Muslims/Reverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.