Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Start Building An Email List From Day One! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Start Building An Email List From Day One! (415 Views)

Building An Able Goal For The Future / Building An Email List! / Building An Internet Empire From Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Start Building An Email List From Day One! by MaverickExcel1(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2016
Start Building Your email list from day one!

In the past days, we've talked a lot about being a professional, successful and profitable blogger.

If you missed that, lemme reiterate:
Before you ever run to start a blog, do the following:
-know your why.
-Find and know your niche
-Know your ideal blog reader

There are things I want to point out that contribute to your blog success but do not necessarily determine it.

-Choose a befitting blog name/domain name
-Choose a web hosting company from obodo oyigbo. Take note of that. Don't say I didn't tell you.
-Install WordPress
-Create relevant pages on your blog like, about, contact, privacy policy, terms and conditions, etc

OK don't rush to publish your first post. I understand your excitement. Calm down.

That brings us to our topic for today.

Start building your email list from day one.

For those who know little or nothing about email list, I wouldn't want to overwhelm you with it.

We'll take it bit by bit.

Do you know why I recommend building your email list on day one?

I have a thousand reasons.

Though it may sound like a cliché, most of the money you'd make as a blogger is determined by the size of your email list.

Email Subscribers are people who have been exposed to your work and enjoyed it so much that they have signed up for more. They say yes to your offers, become customers, members, and raving fans willing to pay to be involved with you.

Your subscribers are like your inner cacus. Your virtual blood siblings.

They must have seen something sweet about you that they cant just get enough but to subscribe.

It might be older technology, but today email is still the dominant format to keep in touch with subscribers. As long as we all pay attention to our
emails, this is not going to change.

Your email list is as important, if not more important than your blog.
Together they are the perfect tandem combination.

You are not serious yet with blogging if you dont have an email list.

It is your biggest asset as a blogger or anybody who wants to make money online.

Still in doubt of list building?

Do you know why facebook and every website ask for your email address before you could access them?

Go figure out!

I'm sorry, i will not go into details on how to setup an email list. I will briefly explain it here.

-Create an incentive in form of a quality ebook, video, report etc, that solves a particular need of your targeted market for them to join your email list
-Sign up with an email service company. Mailchimp.com or mailerlite.com is ok for a beginner.
-Place an optin form on your blog to capture the living day light out of people's email...lol

Dont put up the old boring optin form with this generic title:
" sign up for our free weekly blog posts"

Nna come! Na who weekly blog posts epp? Hahaha

Unless you're an influential blogger, no ant will give you his email address.

People are stingy like that...lol

P.S: I just finished writing one of the most comprehensive ebook out there about starting a profitable blog that earns 300k monthly. Ive sent it to an editor (my friend oh....lol). The cover is ready. I will launch it next week, God willing. The good thing is, i,m giving it out for FREE.

I'm good like that...lol...

See you guys next week. I will talk on how to mesmerize people into joining your email list without thinking twice.

#MaverickBlogTips

(1) (Reply)

Just $1 Bitcoin Needed / I Need Feedback On My Web App / Review Of Olumuyiwaolayinka.. 11 Things You Need To Sort Out FAST!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.