Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing (5012 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by kosovo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2009
[b]I salute the courage and intellect of the learned judge who has demonstrated over time that he is an exemplary reference point in the fight against corruption and for a true definition of rule of law in the country.

As is very well known, the successful resolution of cases in favor of justice and equity, commence from a thorough investigation. In this regard, we must also salute the long and strained investigation leading to the indictment of Bode George in 2005. At moments like this investigators, stretched out in exhilarating adrenalin, are rightly thrilled that their hard work is rewarded by the society and its best institutions.

It is a measure of the shamelessness of our elites and the institutions that fuel their values that Chief George could be awarded a national honour in our country, and that he could later sue some newspapers for libel on account of the damning indictment report I prepared against him.

Chief George's subsequent prosecution is evidence that ultimately the law catches up with the bad guys.

Cynics will find therapy in the courageous stature of Justice Oyewole whose extraordinary example, in concluding a full trial of such a complicated case in just 14 months, ought to guide other courts where cases of grand corruption are still trapped.

Nigeria will be great again!

Nuhu Ribadu,

St. Anthony College

Oxford University

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
[/b]

Click Here For Source.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by chidichris(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
ribadu must learn to shut up his gutters. this same bode george he told us that was a saint.
like other saints under ribadu bode is a strong member of the gang.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2009
I took beer when the news broke-sign of good things to come.
Odili ,Ibori etc watch out,God is not sleeping and the law MUST eventually catch up
with you.To the Judge,may God bless and keep you-amen.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by MrCrackles(m): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2009
So when are they going to publish my own reactions to Bode George's sentencing? angry
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by cvibe: 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2009
Where?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by theviper1: 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2009
i wonder when ribadu will shut up his kisser and accept the fact that he is a croock and in league with them all. whatever happened to the house that ribadu bought in his brother-inlaw's name in abuja. why he accepted double promo from obj without going through the normal police promotion process and ran away when a new govt came in. we are not all fooled by ribadu's claims of heroics when in truth,he was fighting with a different thing in mind.it will be difficult for nija to get a real and just corruption fighter. they all have their personal and ogas interest at heart. ribadu was fighting objs assumed 3rd time enemies while farida is fighting yarsick's assumed enemies. its a big shame.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Akanbiedu(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2009
kosovo:

[b]I salute the courage and intellect of the learned judge who has demonstrated over time that he is an exemplary reference point in the fight against corruption and for a true definition of rule of law in the country.

As is very well known, the successful resolution of cases in favor of justice and equity, commence from a thorough investigation. In this regard, we must also salute the long and strained investigation leading to the indictment of Bode George in 2005. At moments like this investigators, stretched out in exhilarating adrenalin, are rightly thrilled that their hard work is rewarded by the society and its best institutions.

It is a measure of the shamelessness of our elites and the institutions that fuel their values that Chief George could be awarded a national honour in our country, and that he could later sue some newspapers for libel on account of the damning indictment report I prepared against him.

Chief George's subsequent prosecution is evidence that ultimately the law catches up with the bad guys.

Cynics will find therapy in the courageous stature of Justice Oyewole whose extraordinary example, in concluding a full trial of such a complicated case in just 14 months, ought to guide other courts where cases of grand corruption are still trapped.

Nigeria will be great again!

Nuhu Ribadu,

St. Anthony College

Oxford University

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
[/b]

Click Here For Source.

I like this
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by bawomolo(m): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2009
what happened to keeping it short and simple.

all that grammar isn't necessary.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by wirinet(m): 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2009
Sharrap, this is the same man that people and civil right organizations have been petitioning Ribadu to investigate and prosecute but Ribadu was giving all kinds of useless excuses for. Others were Aneneh, OBJ, Andy Uba, Iyabo OBJ.

Why did he not apologize for negligence of duty before commending the judge. After all the offense was committed in 2003.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by steve26(m): 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2009
wowwwwwwwwww if all other judges will just emulate same then Nigeria will will change for the better in no time, for once a message has been passed to the so called bad guys. mmm broda i think its this is worth celebrating and i must say you did well to have drank a bottle of bear but it would have been better if you had made it 2 or more, God bless all the positve Nigerians.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ha ha ha!! Nuhu, asiri e ma ti fe tu tan!! Better to explain what you were doing as EFCC Boss when he was doing all that fleecing - ha ha ha ha ha!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by verni: 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2009
I hate 2 hear dat Ribadu name, dat man is a coward n deciever, his worst dan all ds corrupt pple, he was d same person dat started ds case, got 2 d height n threw it under d carpet? Y? he played his bosses script, didnt he know dat was wrong n wud as well v resigned honorably? we wud v hailed him now. How long do d think d will continue in ds deceit.  he sud shout up his crap trash filty mouth n stay on exile, his time is coming too, nemesis will catch up with him someday. God no d sleep oh, u c as em take catch d untouchable Bode George na so d will all b fished all some day. angry angry shocked
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Goddex: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu did his best for his country. He may not be a saint though.
His message here is that, EFCC during his headship investigated and indicted
Bode George and subsequently charged him to court.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2009
So when are they going to publish my own reactions to Bode George's sentencing?

where grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2009
Sharrap, this is the same man that people and civil right organizations have been petitioning Ribadu to investigate and prosecute but Ribadu was giving all kinds of useless excuses for. Others were Aneneh, OBJ, Andy Uba, Iyabo OBJ.

Why did he not apologize for negligence of duty before commending the judge. After all the offense was committed in 2003

He was only doing his job. know what i mean.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nezan(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu again? He never followed due process when he was EFCC boss.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by hollalaycan: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu is capitalising on the emotions of Nigerians,he already know the people does not like the PDP agenda that is why he is throwing the stones now and every direction.But he should be reminded that the heinous crime was committed when Ribadu was OBJ'S DOG
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by mrperfect(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2009
Well, he has to say his opinion on issue concerning his country.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu for President 2015 grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by dakkylove(f): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2009
Nuhu Ribadu should be careful about playing this his heroes song, if not he might draw more attention to his past melodies and raise questions on who wrote his music during the OBJ era, you grab?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by upuphim(m): 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2009
Fellow Nlanders,

Police job as well as EFCC stops immediately a case is charged to court.  The learned friends determines who must be sentenced and who must be freed. I'm sure the day EFCC looses a case it is always a sad day.  All those calling Ribadu bad name, are you sure you will do better than him if you were in his shoes?  In your working place will they promote you and you turn it down.  Let's be sincere and know that those watching football always play better than those in the field.  The level of corruption in the country is so much that being in that position you can hardly escape without being contaminated.  I do pray for a better Nigeria as nothing is impossible for God to do.  May God give the Judges more boldness to allow fair and just judgement. Amen!

@ Goddex
Goddex:

Ribadu did his best for his country. He may not be a saint though.
His message here is that, EFCC during his headship investigated and indicted
Bode George and subsequently charged him to court.
  I support you.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by papabaks(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ha ha ha!! Nuhu, asiri e ma ti fe tu tan!! Better to explain what you were doing as EFCC Boss when he was doing all that fleecing - ha ha ha ha ha!

Never mind him, they are all birds of the same feathers, He will soon be expose and send to 20 yrs imprisonment with hard labor.

Awon ole oloju kokoro gbogbo,

sorry ojare, i mean they are all thief's, arm robbers.

papa
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by wirinet(m): 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2009
upuphim:

Fellow Nlanders,

Police job as well as EFCC stops immediately a case is charged to court.  The learned friends determines who must be sentenced and who must be freed. I'm sure the day EFCC looses a case it is always a sad day.  All those calling Ribadu bad name, are you sure you will do better than him if you were in his shoes?  In your working place will they promote you and you turn it down.  Let's be sincere and know that those watching football always play better than those in the field.  The level of corruption in the country is so much that being in that position you can hardly escape without being contaminated.  I do pray for a better Nigeria as nothing is impossible for God to do.  May God give the Judges more boldness to allow fair and just judgement. Amen!

@ Goddex   I support you.

I dear Fellow N.Lander,

You are right, EFCC job should stop at the court and it is the court that can determine who is guilty or innocent. But the problem was that Ribadu did not stop at the courts, in fact in some cases he did not need the courts. He found some people guilty and dished out punishments, while he found some to be innocent. (Bode George was one of them). He also declared OBJ a saint and was ready to bet his life on it.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by SAMDOL(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2009
this is astrong lesson for the elites in nigeria,
so if u are part of them and u are involve in the looting of our treasury i have one word for u E FIT BE U! wey go prison next.
IF only bode george didnt forget the saying that "be good to people u meet on ur way up cos u can meet them on ur way down" he should have seen some one who is willing to take up the jail term for him.Any way if he is ready to pay 5 billion naira i will spend that 2 and half years for him
                                                   shekinah!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by abhosts(m): 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2009
Those speaking against Ribadu obviously just started paying attention to the news. It was the then Nuhu Ribadu led EFCC that first indicted Bode George in its report that was submitted to the Federal Executive Council (FEC). However, Baba Iyabo decided to play hide-and-seek with the panel's submission and asked them to go and investigate again. How was that Ribadu's Fault?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Depilot(m): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2009
About time for us to see justice in this country; Bode George stood like a man and got convicted. I think this is fair enough.
On the other hand, Mr Ribadu who still happens to be on the run is now talking shit. This same Bode George was one of the people Ribadu protected during his time as the chairman of EFCC.
This hypocrite needs to shut his face and remain disappeared till he's man enough and ready to defend himself and his record in the court of law, just like the rest of Nigerians.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by MUZBO(m): 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2009
There is only one person I recognise in this Bode George conviction saga. . . and thats the judge: Justice Oyewole. All the other guys are just secondary players whomever they are!
That judge is only one of a few we should celebrate in this country, in fact Bode George's national award should be recalled and given to the Justice for this exemplary work.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by DRANOEL(m): 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2009
ribadu should shut his gutter up!

wasnt he the one that had nothing on george?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by wirinet(m): 5:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
abhosts:

Those speaking against Ribadu obviously just started paying attention to the news. It was the then Nuhu Ribadu led EFCC that first indicted Bode George in its report that was submitted to the Federal Executive Council (FEC). However, Baba Iyabo decided to play hide-and-seek with the panel's submission and asked them to go and investigate again. How was that Ribadu's Fault?

so the federal executive council has turned to a court of law now. i did not know that.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ribadu should shut his trap. We saw his selective justices when he was the EFCC chairman. Bode george was a saint & an untouchable then now the same ribadu is openin his mouth, pls just shut it cos u don't hv shame.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by nich(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2009
cheesy dont i just luv the political politics section. tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Reacts To Bode George's Sentencing by mikeoscar: 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2009
So when are they going to publish my own reactions to Bode George's sentencing?

Ol'boy share the summary/Excerpts with us here nah or give us link wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. / US Removes Nigeria From Terror List / Easter: March 29 & April 1 Are Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.