Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,860 members, 7,798,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi (9519 Views)

President Buhari Mourns Alex Ekwueme / Afenifere Chieftain, Olaniwun Ajayi Is Dead / Justin Onuorah Abuah Is Dead. Buhari Mourns State House Information Chief Abuah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by nghubs1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari expressed his heartfelt condolences to the family of Ajayi and the entire Afenifere, the pan-Yoruba socio-political group, on the passage of one of its oldest surviving members, Sir Olaniwun Ajayi, aged 91.

In a statement released by Femi Adesina the special adviser on media and publicity to President Buhari, pa Ajayi was dedicated to ensuring and strengthening democracy in Nigeria.

Read Full Statement below

PRESIDENT BUHARI MOURNS AFENIFERE CHIEFTAIN, OLANIWUN AJAYI

President Muhammadu Buhari extends heartfelt condolences to the family of Ajayi and the entire Afenifere, the pan-Yoruba socio-political group, on the passage of one of its oldest surviving members, Sir Olaniwun Ajayi, aged 91.

The President also commiserates with the government and people of Ogun State on the demise of their illustrious son, author, legal practitioner, elder statesman and nationalist.

President Buhari pays tribute to Pa Ajayi’s inspirational and dedicated work to entrench and strengthen democracy in Nigeria through his passionate engagements in Afenifere, the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) and the Patriots.

Guided by Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s principle, the President believes that the late revered Yoruba leader effectively combined his sharp commentary on the state of affairs in Nigeria with uncommon patriotism while working tenaciously to further unity, development and prosperity in the nation.

President Buhari urges all who mourn Pa Ajayi to emulate his lifelong commitment to dialogue, democracy and development, which are key ingredients for national growth.

He prays that God will comfort Pa Ajayi’s family and grant the soul of the departed eternal rest.

FEMI ADESINA

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

November 4, 2016

http://nghubs.com/president-buhari-mourns-olaniwun-ajayi/

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Emmanuel950(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rest in Peace Pa... And may the Afenifere group stay united.

If I say FTC now, some people including the mods will be looking at me like...

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Siberia101: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rest On Sir....... cool

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Lilimax(f): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
Are we sure PMB knows this man or Mr Femi just wrote this to pacify some people? embarassed ?

RIP sir!

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Raydos: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
Buhari sef, you just dey kill everybody

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by whoubmrdust: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
rest in peace
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by whoubmrdust: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by katunboy: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
R I P to him.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by agboskipool(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
Make him wait de next one na all de masses wey de die for hunger him go mourn,nonsense man

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by hemartins(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by preetyb(f): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Tem12(f): 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP papa
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by 9jaBloke: 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
Femi Adesina! Garba Shehu!! PMB!!!

RIP Pa Olaniwun Ajayi. Your legacy lives on.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Ovialekhe(f): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP SIR.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by ifeoluwasegun(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP BABA

I was at his 90th Birthday last year in his country home, Isara REMO.

Peace, Perfect Peace!
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Ayoswit(f): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
hmmn
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by adehab: 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Great Leader
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by MzMercie: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP sir
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by fullstreets: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
The fact that u have not received a 42 years ban on this forum still baffles me.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by frerari(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
I don't know this Aboki afonja
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Burgerlomo: 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by ArabMopol(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
finally Afenifere group has come to an End... Bull-hari shame to you , u have succeeded in killing him, Afonjas will now be without leader... Oga JAGABAN since u are political jobless why not fill the vacancy I'm just suggesting , children of hate will now call for my head

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
A true son of the soil.The pride of Isara Remo! Afotamodi Kogun ma wolu.Isara Remo will miss you.

I remember our conversation at the last Afotamodi day...U paid total attention,u were friendly, amiable.I will miss sir....

RIP sir Olaniwun!

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by chrisxxx(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Buhari killing Nigerians with his harsh economic policies and turning back to mourn them as if he is pained.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
Why mourning him? The man use old body go National Conference but you no implement am
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by thirty(m): 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
Sir Olaniwun Ajayi. A great Icon
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by ChinonsoDike2: 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
Only death could free him from the zoo.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Debbiehola(f): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
Rest in peace my Beloved Uncle, May His soul rest in perfect peace. Afotamodi kogun ma ja ilu.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by emi14: 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mourning those that supported your evil plans and epileptic government.
Re: President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi by Clemzzz(m): 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
RIP baba. May all the things that you have laboured for in your lifetime not go astray.

Some Id.i0ts still manage talk trash on this post. I wonder why they've not penalized them. Ethnic bigots! Awon omo iran jatijati.

(1) (2) (Reply)

185 Victims Of #endsars Protests Benefit From N20m Medical Intervention / Fayemi: Not All Of APC's Promises To Nigerians Have Been Fulfilled / Kogi State Chief Of Staff, Pharm Asuku Pays WAEC Fees To Mark Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.