Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth (781 Views)

The Human Mind Is Programmed For Survival And Not For Truth / One Man’s Quest For Truth / Pope Francis: ‘fake News’ Is Evil, Journalists Must Search For Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
We the lost generation must correct the faults of our parents and grandparents generation. We have been dragged wirhout our consent into a very backward state of affairs.

This is the age of questioning but slow action. We have a forum called Nairaland. And then we have the religious section.

Let us hold debate on which religion is the way forward for Nigeria. Lets keep it fair, respectful and civiil . It is time we find the truth. Once we reach the truth, let us brainstorm on ways to implement it.

So first of all to begin with, let us state the religious ideology we shall speak for.

I will vouch for traditional religion.

Rules :

1) Be civil.

2) You are allowed to make one question on every single participants religion and not move on to the next unless it has been satisfactorily answered.

I will also be the presiding judge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by tukdi: 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2016
undecided
Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
tukdi:
undecided

you have a problem?

1 Like

Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by TomHagen: 11:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
PAGAN9JA:
We the lost generation must correct the faults of our parents and grandparents generation. We have been dragged wirhout our consent into a very backward state of affairs.

This is the age of questioning but slow action. We have a forum called Nairaland. And then we have the religious section.

Let us hold debate on which religion is the way forward for Nigeria. Lets keep it fair, respectful and civiil . It is time we find the truth. Once we reach the truth, let us brainstorm on ways to implement it.

So first of all to begin with, let us state the religious ideology we shall speak for.

I will vouch for traditional religion.

Rules :

1) Be civil.

2) You are allowed to make one question on every single participants religion and not move on to the next unless it has been satisfactorily answered.

I will also be the presiding judge.
Why do you think any religion is the way forward for our country. I believe I have a fairly decent grasp of how nations develop and I don't think that religion or the absence of it is a factor.
Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by tukdi: 5:58am On Nov 05, 2016
PAGAN9JA:

you have a problem?

If you didn't have a problem, you would't have created this thread! undecided

You have a very big problem! Because of time, I'll highlight some of your problems which are :

1) You are judgemental ie: judging people and criticizing them too quickly! cool

2) "Nemo judex in causa sua" ie: trying to be the presiding judge in your own cause! cool

3) Feeling superior than others whereas you are very inferior! grin

4) Lack of self control! cool

5) You jump to conclusions easily ie: you will vouch for traditional religion) etc!
Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by Auki: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2016
Dear Pagan9ja.

So long you are still alive means that you have still a window of opportunity to reconnect with your Creator.

Your creator, the creator of your forefathers of old, is the same creator of the heaven and earth and that which is between them. That Creator is God who is the absolute One who begets not, nor was He begotten and there is nothing comparable to Him.

Worship not His creation(e.g. Sun, Moon, Stars, Idols or Jesus) but worship God ALONE by surrendering to Him alone and doing righteous deeds and avoiding all that is evil. Be not rebellion to your Creator, the merciful, whom your soul will ultimately return to one DAY.

Know that Pagan9ja, God will resurrect you after your death and He will reward you on that you have done of good or punish you if you remain rebel to Him. You are created in your mother's womb without knowledge, not free to choose your own shape, attributes or location. We are all born without knowledge about ourselves or the world that surrounds us. It is the Creator Who decides, man has no say in this matter - whatever we possess is from the favors of God. I am telling you this with all humility and sincerity. And this is not a fairy tale of the men of old.

God hears and knows all, so call on Him with utmost respect and sincerity to guide you and remit your evils deeds.

Quran.

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful. And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped.

We are not yet a lost generation, the choice is ours now.
Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by engrtee(f): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
observer
Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by ValentineMary(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
Auki:
Dear Pagan9ja.

So long you are still alive means that you have still a window of opportunity to reconnect with your Creator.

Your creator, the creator of your forefathers of old, is the same creator of the heaven and earth and that which is between them. That Creator is God who is the absolute One who begets not, nor was He begotten and there is nothing comparable to Him.
How do u precisely know who this creator is and what makes u think there must be a conscious creator that wants a personal relationship with the OP ?

Worship not His creation(e.g. Sun, Moon, Stars, Idols or Jesus) but worship God ALONE by surrendering to Him alone and doing righteous deeds and avoiding all that is evil. Be not rebellion to your Creator, the merciful, whom your soul will ultimately return to one DAY.

Know that Pagan9ja, God will resurrect you after your death and He will reward you on that you have done of good or punish you if you remain rebel to Him. You are created in your mother's womb without knowledge, not free to choose your own shape, attributes or location. We are all born without knowledge about ourselves or the world that surrounds us. It is the Creator Who decides, man has no say in this matter - whatever we possess is from the favors of God. I am telling you this with all humility and sincerity. And this is not a fairy tale of the men of old.
How do u know what happens after the OP dies? have u dies to verify this or a book said so? And u said the OP was made in his womb without his knowledge so he did not ask to be created so why would this God punish him for not worshipping him since he never asked to be created? this sounds like forcefully compelling someone to worship u not out of love but out of fear. And why would this God punish him for not believing in him? what is the essence of existence, to make the world better or to believe in a God?

God hears and knows all, so call on Him with utmost respect and sincerity to guide you and remit your evils deeds.
U seem to know so much about the OP even though u probably have never met him before. How can u just call one evil simply because he does not believe what u believe? that is the height of folly.

Quran.

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful. And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped.

We are not yet a lost generation, the choice is ours now.

Is this not the same book thag saiys kill infidels, that the earth is flat and a guy flew to Jerusalem on a horse?
Why should I take the book seriously

1 Like

Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by Joeyy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
All religions are filled with dogma. Some much worst than the other.
Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by 419forlife: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

The Infinite One simply abandon us bruda man!

Its not that the Infinite One hates us blacks but what do you do with a hard head bunch besides the fact we haven't learned very much since 1400s.

Of course the big conspiracy is curse of ham but instead what do we do we endorse it undecided
Re: We The Lost Generation -: A Quest for Truth by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
419forlife:

The Infinite One simply abandon us bruda man!

Its not that the Infinite One hates us blacks but what do you do with a hard head bunch besides the fact we haven't learned very much since 1400s.

Of course the big conspiracy is curse of ham but instead what do we do we endorse it undecided

build your family shrine first.

(1) (Reply)

Drop Your 2017 "By This Time Next Year" Wishes With Faith / The Most Beautiful Religious Location On The Planet / Girl Cries 'BLOOD' After Been Delivered Of Demons At TB Joshua's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.