Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,049 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher (31381 Views)

Good Old Days: University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket(photos) / University Of Ibadan Meal Ticket In 1972 (Throwback Photo) / Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by recievesense: 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
50k lol
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Rashman578(m): 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
Turks:
"Not Negotiable"?

People dey negotiate 50kobo? shocked shocked

Life was good during this era...but I'm sure people go still complain.. angry
Ofcourse
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by LorDBolton(m): 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
GoogleAfrica:

So u don't think ur 50kobo of dat time is equivalent to the present #500 ? . abeg shift , stop making d situation look worse than it actually is

So imagine our universities today also giving undergraduates N500 voucher daily?

Obviously, You missed the main point!

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by esthadewunmi(f): 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
50K? What were they serving, pythons? undecided
50kobo not 50 thousand.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Kobicove(m): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
After they enjoyed it those animals politicians destroyed the system undecided
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by 19naia(m): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
Those were the days when seeing more than 5naira was a rarity for me. 1naira was a huge amount for me as a child. Me and my friends together could manage just 1naira for snacks, but of course all we ever had was Kobo.

Some rare occaisons we were given 20naira by a rich uncle who came to visit, but it would be taken away by our parents and that was the end of it.

They feared the things children could by with 20naira in those days. Chai! i could come home with a dangerous pet baboon, a basket of assorted junk foods, a keg of palm wine, some simple toys, and still enough change to buy lunch for all my friends at school the next day. shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by abrahamzy: 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tolexander:

The most saddening part is that, those people that enjoyed this kinda opportunity are the same people depriving us the kinda enjoyment they had then!
cry
True talk
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by naptu2: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
emeka2847:
Yes, they even used to protest at that time. That they are being served only one kind of food for 2 or 3 days consecutively

This is the answer to the question, "What happened".

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by benebaby77: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
Turks:
"Not Negotiable"?

Not negotiable is a financial word which translates to "not transferable"

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by MONITZ: 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tolexander:

The most saddening part is that, those people that enjoyed this kinda opportunity are the same people depriving us the kinda enjoyment they had then!
cry

Very true, especially those academics who had a lot of goodwill from the government then from scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies, subsidized meals to ready jobs awaiting them wen done with their studies and it is very pitiable that they re still the same set of people who deprived us from getting a feel of wat they enjoyed in their time, and always acting viciously towards students like they re superhumans,feeling like tin gods and deities who must be feared and trembled before wen in their presence .......

They even make trashy statements like: "education is not a right but just a privilege as if it was so in their own time . Any little infraction from government then would be followed by "ALUTA" and they re still the ones stifling students unionism on our campuses, they don't want opposition of any sort from the students, they always want them to swallow everything they dish out hook line and sinker.

A very useless set of mofos, no wonder O. B. J once described them as skirt-chasing and handouts- selling individuals....

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Lexusgs430: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
I remember the good old days at Kaduna Polytechnic. A trip from CABS to CST was only 50k. A loaf of bread (16 slices) too was 50k. And a host of other things that were sold for 50K......
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by idris4r83(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
what were you thinking?
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by sexilia: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2016
We here talking about serious issue n ur here posting rubish,lowlife getaway no one 's interested in ur dirty sugar dada or moma here.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by moscobabs(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
HAH:
Na babies full nairaland, some don't even know that 50k means fifty kobo thinking it means fifty thousand.

Even in my days in the university 93-98 meals were N5.

When I was in primary school 1982 - 87 I was given 10k daily for breakfast

My pay me 10k in 87-90 too but increased it to 50k btw 91-93 and I remember I did contribution from it then.

gud old days
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by HAH: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
moscobabs:

My pay me 10k in 87-90 too but increased it to 50k btw 91-93 and I remember I did contribution from it then.

gud old days

Good old days my brother, seems we are in the same age bracket. We don old o
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Lilimax(f): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
HAH:
Na babies full nairaland, some don't even know that 50k means fifty kobo thinking it means fifty thousand.

Even in my days in the university 93-98 meals were N5.

When I was in primary school 1982 - 87 I was given 10k daily for breakfast
True!
My accommodation fees at Hall 1 UNIBEN was N90:00 (Ninety naira) and the last school fees
I paid before graduating was N57.00 (Fifty seven Naira)

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Lilimax(f): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
moscobabs:

gud old days
Calling it 50k, these children in Nairaland will think you're talking about 50 thousand smiley
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by osuofia2(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
KIDS OF NOWADAYS ,,,,,,,,,,,FIFTY KOBO
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Lescott7(m): 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
Now, just a pure water sachet costs N20 in Ekiti State University. What has this country turned to?
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by sleeknaija(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
tukdi:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Look at what Apc has done to us!

Please nobody should celebrate my FTC because of the bad economy! cool

***rejects FTC Award***

U dey craze... is it Apc that's has been ruling this country for the past yrs? Think b4 u type, mtchewww.

Blame the past leader and not Apc.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by yedidiah(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
And that meal consist of a free glass of milk, free fruit and any meal of your choice. Whether pepper soup, or rice.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by sleeknaija(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lilimax:

True!
My accommodation fees at Hall 1 UNIBEN was N90:00 (Ninety naira) and the last school fees
I paid before graduating was N57.00 (Fifty seven Naira)

Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Pylony(m): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
The old beneficiaries of the old ways are the same folks who kept biting this country in the butt and sucking our common wealth and vomiting it to develop other nations that do not need any for of development what so ever.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
Tolexander:

cry

That's not strictly true. The oppressors are largely the pre independence generation who are in their 90's an 80's. The 50's generation was robbed by the civil war and the coups that followed. The independence generation; those born in the 60's were robbed by SAP in th 80's. The 70's generation were robbed by the 1993 election annulment and the instability/ EU sanctions of that decade. Those born in the 80's were robbed by the profligate behaviour of third Republic politicians. Those born in the 90's by the deep cleavages in society caused by the election of 2015.

Everyone has been robbed by some event or other. The group which holds most blame are the founding generation ( 90 - 80 year olds) who underestimated the demons they unleashed and the British who handed over a mess to them.

These are my personal views but I respect the right of anyone to hold completely contrary views.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by toprealman: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
Kobo was once our currency. Unfortunately, it exists only in official documents these days. 50k will feed your typical student very well I was told. You also have your laundry done...... in NIGERIAN Universities. We had very few then though.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Abbeyme: 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Turks:
"Not Negotiable"?

By saying Non Negotiable, they meant you can't convert the ticket to money nor take balance if your total bill is less than the subsidy.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by bobbybrown007: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
tukdi:
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Look at what Apc has done to us!

Please nobody should celebrate my FTC because of the bad economy! cool

***rejects FTC Award***
lolz
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by oglalasioux(m): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
you want to know what happened to this country? over population without plans to cushion it.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by Abbeyme: 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
hemartins:
Not Negotiable

By saying Non Negotiable, they meant you can't convert the ticket to money nor take balance if your total bill is less than the subsidy.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by moscobabs(m): 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
HAH:

Good old days my brother, seems we are in the same age bracket. We don old o
no sir ..u r my elder brother .I was in primary one in 87 and I finished pry sch in 1993 am just 33 yrs old man.
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by AnaCheks(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
justscorchone:
This is really really REALLY SAD... cry how did we get here?
Ask Lai Mohammed
Re: Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher by moscobabs(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lilimax:
Calling it 50k, these children in Nairaland will think you're talking about 50 thousand smiley

lol... k is for Kobo na but some chdren of nowadays don't know that sa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) / Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.