Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School (62610 Views)

How Students Receive Lectures At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma / Teachers Strip Students Unclad In Cameroon & Flog Them For Coming Late / How Students Write Exams At The American University Of Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by freeman95(m): 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
Emtol01:
I bet u, d day I was asked to crawl on coarse ground because I don't know what is 'Quadrilateral'. Since then I never forget it for a second and its abt twenty three years ago.

how has quadilateral put some money in your pocket today? huh
how has it fed the poor

mtcheeeew
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Xerum(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista
Don't be ashamed bro, I'm reeling my experience and I don't consider it BARBARIC.

There is nothing special about the 21st century, kneeling down is normal and has been working since 1900.

No wonder kids of 19th and 20th century are more disciplined than some of our 21st century kids.

Punctuality is the soul of business/professionalism.

Bros,

I don't buy this your arguement in relating this shameful / inhumam treatment to punctuality.

I have never seen any place in the world where punctuality is rewarded, appreciated & held as holy as in the developed world and I am yet to see kids been punished in such manner to teach them lesson on punctuality.

My take on this is, if adults have to go to such length to exercise power / "teach them punctuality", it only goes to exhibit the helplessness / incivility of the adults.

So if after this punishment some students till come late, what will be the next level of punishment? Cut them with razor blades? These kids are not in some military training camp for hell sake!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
Xerum:

Bros,

I don't buy this your arguement in relating this shameful / inhumam treatment to punctuality.

I have never seen any place in the world where punctuality is rewared, appreciated & held as holy as in the developed world and I am yet to see kids been punished in such manner to teach them lesson on punctuality.

My take on this is, if adults have to go to such length to exercise power / "teach them punctuality", it only goes to exhibit the helplessness / incivility of the adults.

So if after this punishment some students till come late, what will be the next level of punishment? Cut them with razor blades? These kids are not in some military training camp for hell sake!
Discipline is the responsibility of the parents and teacher.

In developed countries parents ensures that their wards are punctual to school. No be so?

To answer you, I tell you that with serious punishment school children will have no choice but respect themselves.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by DropShot: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
profolaolu:
Who r U, do U ever have idea of anytin going on in schools because if U understand U wouldnt b saying dis rubbish I am a teacher, SSS teacher for dat matter I knw students dat av given me a lot of warning to deal with me if nt because of GOD n am self confidence,I dont knw what will have happen,if U dont take charge in schs will b nowhere to be find. What r U saying
Tell me you're joking. This your grammar doesn't qualify you as a primary school teacher let alone a teacher for senior classes.

You need to go back to school please. Or look for something else to do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ugosample:

I agree 100 % with what you said...

As a kid I was manhandled by anyone who was older than me for the slightest of things, it could be your neighbour or even other relatives.

I know the scars all those things inflicted on me, and woe betides anyone who tries that with my girl, one of us will be visiting the hospital......

That said, it is brutality like this that has desensitized Nigerians too much, so much so that I took a poll, on what people thought about lynching and many, across educational levels saw nothing wrong with it, and you call Nigeria!a country or a farm house

We are all for disciplining our kids, but not to dehumanize them or make them have low self esteem (which by the way, one of the reasons why they can't face their government's is because they have been brutalized to submission)

Discipline should NEVER be compromised, but we should not dehumanize in the guise of discipline.

You just said exactly what I was thinking.

2 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by amuijiji: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
rapcy:
Easier said than done. When you have a son you will understand better...

Then if u know how I was brought up, u will keep opinion..
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by maasoap(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
What is barbaric here? It is discipline my Dear OP. Some of us experienced it while in primary school. For some of us it was kneel down + flogging.

Yes, it made lots of kids understand the importance of punctuality.

We all passed through what wrote up there but that didn't make it okay. If I have power to punish all those who gave me this type of discipline when I was a kid, I would kill some of them at this moment without blinking an eye. Ranging from teacher that almost blinded me with cane when I was in primary two, to the one that tore my back skin with cane when I was in primary one, to the one called Mr Buhari at Fakunle High school Osogbo, now PS ministry of education that tore my back skin when I was in SS1, He also made me sit on the ground when I was in ss3 after lashing me.
All these types of punishment are not good and it shouldn't be encouraged by any parents.

3 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by maasoap(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Discipline is the responsibility of the parents and teacher.

In developed countries parents ensures that their wards are punctual to school. No be so?

To answer you, I tell you that with serious punishment school children will have no choice but respect themselves.
Believe me, as a teacher or neighbour, if you are not very careful about the type of serious punishment you are giving the kids around you, you may end up in jail.

2 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Mandu11(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
Africa and ignorance.Child rights=0.Treating children like animals forgeting this little ones are the greatest of all humans.

3 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
If African 'discipline' truly worked, we wouldn't have the countries with the highest corruption rates, worst leaders, internet fraud, etc. It doesn't work. This only teaches them to be scared. When they become adults and the source if fear disappears, then they do whatever they like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by ATERI(m): 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
Some of you are pathetic; raving and ranting for nothing. I was reading a lady`s book the other day who was found of advising Nigerian parents in London to take them back to Nigeria to complete their secondary education, once she concluded they were no more redeemable in London schools. Her point was that she had seen first-hand the type of transformation that happened to those that did in the past. You lot want to turn Africa to the land of indiscipline where everything goes, right? My advice remains the same as before: take your hopeless and ill-mannered children to London or Washington for their education and leave barbaric Africa alone.

I have just had the misfortune of visiting the thread of the idiot that was slapped by her lecturer. How I wish I could get to that hospital bed so as to tell her to get a grip.
But why are our people in Cameroon wasting time? What happens to the good old lashes that deliver potent messages to all late comers in double quick time? Most of the people `in mourning` here were useless in their school days. 21st century? Yea, discuss that with the Chinese!
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by somcherry(f): 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Youngzedd:
This is just small naa to be compared to what they did to us at Ugborimili Primary School, Onitsha.

Ours is after kneeling down till the assembly is over then you will be flogged strokes of cane on your two bare foots together with a very big cane by the teacher.

You won't even see the legs to walk to your classroom, you will just stay there like a crippled person with tears in your eyes, while the female folks will be crying out loud, we the big boys cry inside.

That woman is just wicked. If I see her on the road, the rest will be history.

Lol. I know Ugbormili primary school.

I didn't attend their though but Our house was very close to the school.

I attended another school in the same Estate.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Youngzedd(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
somcherry:

Lol. I know Ugbormili primary school.

I didn't attend their though but Our house was very close to the school.

I attended another school in the same Estate.

We really suffered, to make things worst, the fear of what my mum will do to me for returning back, gave me no other option than to receive the punishment.
Ugbormili primary school; where men were made.

If your house have fruit tree, there's 80% possibility we have entered there to pluck some good things of life grin
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Youngzedd(m): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
maasoap:

We all passed through what wrote up there but that didn't make it okay. If I have power to punish all those who gave me this type of discipline when I was a kid, I would kill some of them at this moment without blinking an eye. Ranging from teacher that almost blinded me with cane when I was in primary two, to the one that tore my back skin with cane when I was in primary one, to the one called Mr Buhari at Fakunle High school Osogbo, now PS ministry of education that tore my back skin when I was in SS1, He also made me sit on the ground when I was in ss3 after lashing me.
All these types of punishment are not good and it shouldn't be encouraged by any parents.

You must be very stubborn to receive all these punishment grin
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
I never knw U r dis sick take ur drugs
DropShot:

Tell me you're joking. This your grammar doesn't qualify you as a primary school teacher let alone a teacher for senior classes.

You need to go back to school please. Or look for something else to do.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by DropShot: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
profolaolu:
I never knw U r dis sick take ur drugs
grin grin
Teacher with horrible English. Chai, see teacher!

Better go back to JS1. My six year old daughter speaks far better English than you.

Shame no dey catch you?
cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by oluwadaemilola: 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
Come to my secondary school
This is play play compared to cool
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by DropShot: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
profolaolu:
ooooooh A dog barking at d moon,I was actually sorry for giving U attention like ur wound bro bye
Mr. Teacher teaching nonsense. I pity the students and their parents who waste time and money on quacks like you. It's a pity indeed

Go back to school or enrol for online program to improve your atrocious grammar.

Yeye dey smell grin
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by chronique(m): 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
I once attended a government school for just a year and was given this kind of punishment. We'd crawl on stones from the gate to our class and I'd be left with sores/wounds on my knees. After one year, I told my dad I wasn't going to school again except he changes my school. Sharply, my school was changed cos he knew I was damn serious about my decision. This is a very crazy way to punish children.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by chiraqDemon(m): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
But looking at the whole thing
Our corrupt leaders faced these same punishments in school and still ended up corrupt and undisciplined
So i domt believe that discipline can be instilled thru punishment
Afterall half of us know we dont have disvipline in us upon all our primary and sec school punishments....u would still hide and do what u want to do

2 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by mikolo80: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

I'm ashamed of this your post. This is 21st century and there are better ways of instilling discipline than this demeaning and reprehensible method.

I won't accept this punishment or anything close to it for my children from any school.

Modified*
No need to quote me to spew nonsense such as "how old are you?". Or "I'm sure you have no children" and "this is how our children get spoiled without disciplining them".

Just use pestle and planks on yours or throw them in oven all in the name of instilling discipline in them.

End of story.
give us 3 better ways of instilling discipline
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by DropShot: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
mikolo80:
give us 3 better ways of instilling discipline
1. Clearing grass/weeds
2. Cleaning toilets
3. Denying them of some hours of play during breaks
4. Making them arrange books in the library.

There are many civilized ways (chores) in every school to use as soft punishment for students.

4 Likes

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by kardiff(m): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
Oga!!! Late or no late, I c no reason for this rubbish and stupid punishment, they are kids just let them be, d late is normal, talk to their parents instead of this immature act dick head teacher
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by vindisick: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
Nigeria better pass this people o. can you imagine? :oNigeria better pass this people o. can you imagine?
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by iykedonly1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
Little children pray dat while comin to d world again, u com to Nigeria where there is corruption from head to toes, but there is nothing like crawling why because from ur childhood u will knw hw to lie and even say lie pass this present govt.##Lai Mohammed will be ur mentor.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by kushme: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

Your argument holds no water. If the school can get away with this corporal punishment, it will surely be able to get away with making this do chores.
This is the worst of all the options available to the school. Why settle for it?

Do you condemn a man who beats his wife for any failure? If you do, what is different in this case?

I wont condemn a man who beats his wife if her "ANY FAILURE" is deadly.......I dont advocate for stupidity like many brainless thirsty men who say( dont hit a woman for any reason).. people like you reason with the crowd without logic......
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by mikolo80: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

1. Clearing grass/weeds no grass in that school, just mud
2. Cleaning toilets I doubt that school has toilet and I can tell you most will not mind ,dem no be ajebota chudren
3. Denying them of some hours of play during breaks still on ajebota tinz, but I agree detention works
Hahahahaha sorry Hahahahaha.... Sorry ,can't help myself Hahahahaha, library, right
There are many civilized ways (chores) in every school to use as soft punishment for students.
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by kushme: 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

1. Clearing grass/weeds
2. Cleaning toilets
3. Denying them of some hours of play during breaks

What if they refused to do any of the three(3) listed consequences, knowing that nothing will happen? Or dont you know that foolishness is bound in the heart of children and the rod(flogging/punishment) of correction shall chase it far away from them?
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by 5ircreepy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

I'm ashamed of this your post. This is 21st century and there are better ways of instilling discipline than this demeaning and reprehensible method.

I won't accept this punishment or anything close to it for my children from any school.

Modified*
No need to quote me to spew nonsense such as "how old are you?". Or "I'm sure you have no children" and "this is how our children get spoiled without disciplining them".

Just use pestle and planks on yours or throw them in oven all in the name of instilling discipline in them.

End of story.

Just send your children to military school, then come and speak 21st century grammar when they tell you they were punished....
Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by Ugosample(m): 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
ATERI:

Some of you are pathetic; raving and ranting for nothing. I was reading a lady`s book the other day who was found of advising Nigerian parents in London to take them back to Nigeria to complete their secondary education, once she concluded they were no more redeemable in London schools. Her point was that she had seen first-hand the type of transformation that happened to those that did in the past. You lot want to turn Africa to the land of indiscipline where everything goes, right? My advice remains the same as before: take your hopeless and ill-mannered children to London or Washington for their education and leave barbaric Africa alone.

I have just had the misfortune of visiting the thread of the idiot that was slapped by her lecturer. How I wish I could get to that hospital bed so as to tell her to get a grip.
But why are our people in Cameroon wasting time? What happens to the good old lashes that deliver potent messages to all late comers in double quick time? Most of the people `in mourning` here were useless in their school days. 21st century? Yea, discuss that with the Chinese!

What are you talking about

If you don't know the Asians raise the most well mannered kids on the average, and though discipline is not compromised, you don't see them dehumanize their kids the way foolish Africans do, yet in every corner of the world now, they are taking over, while Africa is still a useless cesspit.

How many baby mama Asians (Particularly South Koreans) do you see in western countries in comparison to Black and whites?
They still raise in most cases balanced kids in western countries that Africans complain about....
It seems their method is working and we need to learn from them.

Mannerless continent

1 Like

Re: How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School by jokerphilics(m): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
DropShot:

Modified*

End of story.
Kai. I pity but way of reasoning. May upgrade it for u without data connection

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NSE Rewards 2020 Best JAMB Engineering Candidates With N16m (Photos) / Bullied Schoolgirl Shows Up For Prom With Escort Of 127 Bikers In England / Buhari Approved The Appointment Of New Vcs For The 12 Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.