Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! (19562 Views)

Between The Zero 5 And The Phantom 8 / First Unboxing Video Of The Phantom 8 / 5 Things That Could Had Made The Phantom 6 Better. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by PhonePlanet(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
no comments. just reading comments.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Freelancerx: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
Marvel1206:
Some people CNT think beyond brand name...
You get. And it's not good enough. That's why these brands will sell a device with an inflated price when u can get a better Tecno phone for an affordable price. And thankfully, Tecno phones are not what they used to be again. They have improved
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Worksunlimited: 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
Bossmd:
See for yourselves. Antutu says so! Everything about the P6 plus is real and there are no fakes!!

It's not better than the Xiaomi redmi note 4...
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Marvel1206: 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Freelancerx:
You get. And it's not good enough. That's why these brands will sell a device with an inflated price when u can get a better Tecno phone for an affordable price. And thankfully, Tecno phones are not what they used to be again. They have improved
That's it... The specs are glaring, the scores are obvious, but my people still feign oblivious of some truths, i'm not an advocate of tecno or any brand but... We should accept some things as they are.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
musicwriter:

This phone is getting good reviews all over the place and I want to give it a try. Do you know the mobile networks the 4G are compatible with?

Tecno Phantom 6 plus supports the following LTE Bands;
LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 28(700).

Check with your network provider to know which bands they support.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
Freelancerx:

About 2-3 years back, a Tecno smartphone cannot play 1080p videos without lagging but now in 2016 you can overlay 4K videos on the Phantom 6 plus without worries. Technology moves as fast as light!
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
Only the Galaxy S7 edge "Injustice Edition" has a theme close to that lovely golden black theme in the Phantom 6 plus, and even at that the theme of the Phantom 6 plus still stands out better than that of the S7 edge injustice!

Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Dandsome: 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
I concur with that experiment
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
Raydos:
Enough is enough!
Help me tell am
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by tafat: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
musicwriter:

This phone is getting good reviews all over the place and I want to give it a try. Do you know the mobile networks the 4G are compatible with?

It's a really good phone you should try it, I think mtn
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by oluwadaemilola: 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
Bossmd:
Enjoying "Oya come make we go - 2Baba ft Sauti Sol" in full HD on the P6-plus. I could see the colours of the cloud and even count the grains of the sound. Vivid display can't be better than this.
Which one is this Phantom or Galaxy
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
oluwadaemilola:

Which one is this Phantom or Galaxy

Phantom! 6 plus!!
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
Bossmd:

I've always known you as an objective analyst and you have never for once disappointed. Brilliant posts back to back, kudos bro!

You have taken the words right out of my mouth. People should be thankful to Tecno for making such a superb device and making it affordable in this age of heightening recession. Family needs dey there ooh, and you have to still invest in your career to push yourself forward. Is there no more to life than going to the mobile store, counting 300 thousand naira for a mere gadget just to make and receive telephone calls? To me its ridiculous. Like you said, screen replacement for Samsung phones is over the roof! It costs 45k to fix the screen of the old S5, how much more will it cost to fix the S6 and the S7?!. My colleague in the office has been using his S6 with a broken back glass and front screen for about 6 months now.....when he he asked how much it will cost him to fix, he was told he will have to part with about 95k! Just imagine!! I laugh when I see him in the office with his phone always plugged to light just because the battery drains so fast. Now what is the essence of a device that you cannot enjoy. We have overflogged the fact that Samsung batteries are poor! They did an improvement on the S7, though I haven't used the S7 so I wouldn't know how true that is, but I doubt if there will be much difference from its predecessor. Before leaving home every morning I get my Phantom 6 plus charged to 100% and this takes me just about 45-50 minutes thanks to its superior fast charge technology. At the close of work by 6 pm I still have 30% charge left. That is what you call a phone. Most people are slaves to their devices, they move around with shattered phone screens and big power banks! This is after they have spent almost 400k to purchase the phone ooh. Haba that is foolish!!

Thanks bro. Not taking anything from samsung. They make gorgeous devices. But one thing is for sure, when u buy a samsung phone like the galaxy s7 edge for 300k, u are actually paying 200k for the actual device and 100k for the samsung brand. That is a FACT. U want snapdragon? There are some phones with snapdragon 820, 4gb of ram, solid build quality and great camera that cost less than $400 rather than buying a samsung for $700. A good example is Alcatel 4s, zte axon 7, one plus 3, etc. OK u might not get good customer service or replacement parts here in nigeria for those devices but that is where the tecno phantom 6 and 6 plus come in (both are not more than $300). Maybe it doesn't run on snapdragon but Helio x20 is also a solid high end processor.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Dam5reey(m): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
Bossmd:
Enjoying "Oya come make we go - 2Baba ft Sauti Sol" in full HD on the P6-plus. I could see the colours of the cloud and even count the grains of the sound. Vivid display can't be better than this.

This song is a perfect match... grin

People were tagging us tecno marketer...

People who know nothing about benchmarks will be batching tecno users...

Now seems that has stopped now.. seems no one has tagged you Tecno marketer....

See I'm a tecno fan.. since they released of phantom Z...And H6...

Their screen and camera got revolution with C8..

But so sad i cant use Tecno again... I remain their fan anyday.....

2 Likes

Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Impulse80(m): 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
Wake me when they start giving OTA

1 Like

Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by 1x2x3: 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
This Bossmd again cheesy cheesy. You just bought yourself a phone you can't sell up to 30k in 2 years time grin. The S6 you compared it with is roughly 2years and finding it at 70k is a steal.

Try consider durability and resale value. I remember when I tried selling Mate 7 I bought 130k just after 3 months of purchase to even find a buyer for 70k was a headache.

1 Like

Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
1x2x3:
This Bossmd again cheesy cheesy. You just bought yourself a phone you can't sell up to 30k in 2 years time grin. The S6 you compared it with is roughly 2years and finding it at 70k is a steal.

Try consider durability and resale value. I remember when I tried selling Mate 7 I bought 130k just after 3 months of purchase to even find a buyer for 70k was a headache.

Well different strokes bro. I don't resell phones, when I get tired of using them I gift them out!

So stop getting an orgasm over nothing.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 06, 2016
1x2x3:

When u buy a Toyota Camry for 7 million and a Mercedes Benz e class for 13 million, after 10 yrs of usage do u think the Mercedes benz will still be worth more than the Camry? I don't think so.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by ayeeshaapink: 1:23am On Nov 06, 2016
This Tecno sef... Na everything and everyone dey wan surpass. Wow!! shocked shocked
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by ayeeshaapink: 1:23am On Nov 06, 2016
Wait, They don't give OTA Really

Impulse80:
Wake me when they start giving OTA

1 Like

Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Dabsey: 1:33am On Nov 06, 2016
Something wey don tey like yansh wey dey back... Tecno don dey turn there & our dream into reality...Soon all these Apple, Tangerine and mango go vamos we land. Lmaooo
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 5:23am On Nov 06, 2016
Dabsey:
Something wey don tey like yansh wey dey back... Tecno don dey turn there & our dream into reality...Soon all these Apple, Tangerine and mango go vamos we land. Lmaooo

My brother I wouldn't agree more!

They deserve an award for the Phantom 6+.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 5:26am On Nov 06, 2016
Dam5reey:

This song is a perfect match... grin

People were tagging us tecno marketer...

People who know nothing about benchmarks will be batching tecno users...

Now seems that has stopped now.. seems no one has tagged you Tecno marketer....

See I'm a tecno fan.. since they released of phantom Z...And H6...

Their screen and camera got revolution with C8..

But so sad i cant use Tecno again... I remain their fan anyday.....

Aaaww......if Tecno sees this your post they will surely reward you for your honesty and loyalty.

Carry on bro, whichever device you have now found love with, enjoy it to the fullest.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Freelancerx: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2016
Marvel1206:

That's it... The specs are glaring, the scores are obvious, but my people still feign oblivious of some truths, i'm not an advocate of tecno or any brand but... We should accept some things as they are.
All I'm saying. People just don't wanna look at the devices. They keep saying the specs aren't real. I think its down to the fact that they are surprised Tecno can teach these heights.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Freelancerx: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Bossmd:

About 2-3 years back, a Tecno smartphone cannot play 1080p videos without lagging but now in 2016 you can overlay 4K videos on the Phantom 6 plus without worries. Technology moves as fast as light!
You know, another thing is for technology to move fast. One things is for mobile phones company trying to improve too. I think Tecno has not been left behind. They are innovating to keep ahead of the pack.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by ritababe(f): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2016
greenhulk:
Bossmd, forget AnTuTu, in fact I don't judge a phone based on benchmarks, its real like usage that matters. Yes I sold my s6 because of the poor battery and I think that's the only area the p6 plus beats it. S6 has a better camera , better display, better processor and I'm sure it performs better. Not taking anything away from the p6 plus, it is a great phone and surpassed expectations expected from a tecno phone and for that price. Where the s6 suffers is battery department and ram management.

I see u have used Samsung 6 have u tecno 6+?
answer sincerely.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 11:37am On Nov 06, 2016
ritababe:

I see u have used Samsung 6 have u tecno 6+?
answer sincerely.

My question is "Can the S6 fingerprint unlock the phone with the screen off?" The answer is NO.

Honestly I put both phones to the test yesterday and I can confirm to you that P6+ is the clear winner in most areas. The only edge the Samsung has over the Tecno is that the Samsung camera has more features. But overall Tecno P6+ stands out!
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by harmbhrosz(m): 11:54am On Nov 06, 2016
Bossmd:

Please what's this one saying?
so you didn't see sense in what he said abi undecided

Comparing your P6 to a phone that's 2years old, una no get shame at all cheesy
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by harmbhrosz(m): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2016
Freelancerx:
You know, another thing is for technology to move fast. One things is for mobile phones company trying to improve too. I think Tecno has not been left behind. They are innovating to keep ahead of the pack.
To keep along the with the pack not keep ahead pls biko change that statement
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by Bossmd: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
harmbhrosz:
so you didn't see sense in what he said abi undecided

Comparing your P6 to a phone that's 2years old, una no get shame at all cheesy

You need proper examination. So 2 years ago can you compare a Techno flagship to a Samsung flagship?

What we are saying is Tecno have upped their ante. For their flagship to exceed a Samsung flagship that was released just last year is something you should be worried about. The message they are passing is that their next flagship will break industry standards and push other OEMs to their toes.
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by icedondaniel(m): 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bossmd:

I know more about the rudiments of mobile phones than your entire dreams combined! So respect my views when you see them. I have told you that P6-plus killed S6. Deal with that!

I have also told you that S7 far outshines P6-plus. Get that?

Peace!
Oh really??Tell me more,bro....I'm so eager to know the little you know about phones.

Fill me in,biko
Re: Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! by somehowpenis(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bossmd:

My question is "Can the S6 fingerprint unlock the phone with the screen off?" The answer is NO.

Honestly I put both phones to the test yesterday and I can confirm to you that P6+ is the clear winner in most areas. The only edge the Samsung has over the Tecno is that the Samsung camera has more features. But overall Tecno P6+ stands out!
as much as I dislike Samsung for incompetence and their Quantity over Quality perception, I have to disagree with this.. I saw the Techno p yesterday and putting it side by side to an s6 , no.. the s6 has a much premium feel, crisp amoled display and overall future proof guarantee of getting OTA or XDA support.. the techno p6 is a great device that stands out on it's own, but has it gotten to a point of setting it side by side with a samsung flagship like the s6? NO, not yet... and my only reason being because it isn't heavily supported by the IEM itself and also developers...

Bench mark has never been a criteria for comparison, if it had been then No phone would have been comparing head to head with the iphone 7, cos it obliterated most phones on geekbench score.. real life use is what matters, and I'd say , ENJOY YOUR different devices without killing your self , breaking sweat, trying to compare devices.. Be grateful and happy with your various devices..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zoom Abruptly Fires President Greg Tomb ‘without Cause’ / GLO Offices Closed Over Failure To Pay N24.3bn VAT / Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.