Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:49 AM

Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President (44636 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu At The Book Launch By State House Media (Photos) / Cabal Advised President Buhari To Resign, Proposed Abba Kyari For Vice-president / Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Aregbesola Absent At APC Rally For Ondo 2016 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by ourema(f): 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
In a development that may put to rest the seeming controversy over who nominated Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo as President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate during the electioneering campaign, the number two citizen, Friday, said he was nominated by a National Leader of All Progressives Congress, APC.
Though Osinbajo did not mention the name of the leader, his descriptions of the person, who he said had served as a state governor, confirmed that he was referring to a former governor of Lagos State and the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The Vice President, who spoke at a State of the Nation Address convened by Coalition of Nigerian Apostolic Leaders in Lagos, said: “An APC National Leader who had served when he was governor was interested in putting me forward as the running mate of President Muhammadu Buhari in consensus with other national leaders of the party.

“I was a product of this system (Coalition Leaders). The church was reluctant and I understood why the church was reluctant. The church was looking at the head of the ticket (President). This is our first opportunity. This is our first shot at it. We need to maximize it and do the best we can. I think what my nomination and appointment have done is that it has open the door for us. We can do it and we can be influential in doing it.”

However, speaking on the biting recession, Osinbajo said: “Our projected oil revenue is 2.2 million barrels a day. Because of oil vandals in the Niger Delta, we are losing close to 1 million barrels a day. That is about 60 percent drop in the revenue. If you are losing 1 million from your 2.2 million barrels every day, there will be a shock to the economy. The economy will suffer a major shock. That is the problem with the economy.

“We stopped the importation of food so that Nigerians can easily patronize Nigerian produce. If we continue importation the way we are importing, absolutely we will discourage those farmers. If we are to diversify, we have to restrict importation of rice and those things we are producing.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/tinubu-nominated-vice-president-osinbajo/

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by ourema(f): 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
We are very aware of the nomination but your body language seem to be denying it

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by mazimee(m): 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ihe oke, mbe na ngwere makwa We all know, it is no news.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by ourema(f): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
mazimee:
We all know, it is no news.
But his body language seem to be denying it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by dukechilezie(m): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
We know he was the brain behind your emergence. APC - Association of Past Criminals

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by mazimee(m): 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
ourema:
But his body language seem to be denying it
Obviously, he didn't even want to mention his name.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by ourema(f): 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
mazimee:

Obviously, he didn't even want to mention his name.
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by TheFreeOne: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
From somebody somewhere to An APC National Leader who had served when he was governor was interested in putting me forward as the running mate of President Muhammadu Buhari in consensus with other national leaders of the party

What a presidential political pastor grin

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by babyfaceafrica: 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Is that suppose to be news?.abeg next!!!

17 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by ourema(f): 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Is that suppose to be news?.abeg next!!!
If it is not news then what could it be

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by babyfaceafrica: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
ourema:

If it is not news then what could it be
we all knew tinubu. Nominated him!!!

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by ourema(f): 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
we all knew tinubu. Nominated him!!!
He was denying it before with his body language

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by MrSegunAdewole: 9:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
fake pastor

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by babyfaceafrica: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
ourema:

He was denying it before with his body language
he didn't deny it,he just was not confirming it,was coy about it!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by Realist2: 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
We know this tete, Tinubu wanted to feature himself, it was when Fani Femi Kayode raised the alarm of a muslim muslim ticket that made APC to shopped for a '' pastor '' to deceive the christians.
We captured you below when buhari initially rejected your Vp candidacy and you were reporting to Tinubu and Bisi Akande the then APC National chairman.

24 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by sarrki(m): 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
MrSegunAdewole:
fake pastor

Hatred is not good for body system

Try and flush it out

Its dangerous to the immune system

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by sarrki(m): 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Realist2:
We know this tete, Tinubu wanted to feature himself, it was when Fani Femi Kayode raised the alarm of a muslim muslim ticket that made APC to shopped for a '' pastor '' to deceive the christians.
We captured you below when buhari initially rejected your Vp candidacy and you were reporting to Tinubu and Bisi Akande the then APC National chairman.

Osinbajo as vice president

Is far better than Gej

In all ramifications

Mentally, physically educational wise

Religious and he's not clueless

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by Dasini: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Who are you to tag anyone fake, even our God himself says judge not, so that you wont be judged! Oga park well, notin is wrong in being a pastor and still be a leader. Some of the revolutions around the world that had taken place were achieved through men of God, most especially from roman catholic and anglican priest and missioners, they are also actively involved in activism and politics. Am sure u're one of the less informed who bandy unnecessary notions all over the place.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by HtwoOw: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
No source but that's OK

OK this one get source

Turns out Tinubu made the right choice

Osinbanjo has been a miracle
Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by dreamworld: 12:17am On Nov 05, 2016
grin
Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 05, 2016
Have you been paying your 100% due?@osinbade.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 05, 2016
HtwoOw:
No source but that's OK

OK this one get source

Turns out Tinubu made the right choice

Osinbanjo has been a miracle

How?

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 05, 2016
Ok, better Femi Pedro comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by gebest: 6:32am On Nov 05, 2016
He nominated u as vice president, in other words u are his boy and he is ur godfather, same goes for Ambode of Lagos state, oyo, osun, ogun isn't dat enough for him, just because his boy didt win primary in ondo state he is now angry. TINUBU is too greedy dat is y buhari is putting him were he belong, by "am for everybody and for nobody".

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by phemmie06(m): 6:39am On Nov 05, 2016
Let the wailing start
Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by adekayo1234(m): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2016
The Igbos can finally go to sleep grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by sarrki(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2016
comshots:
How?

Google it if you are in doubt
Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by Turks: 8:19am On Nov 05, 2016
Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by Chipappii(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2016
OsibaNJO = ObasaNJO

Apart from this, what other similarity do we have between the two Afonja?
Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by kingobozy: 8:23am On Nov 05, 2016
Re: Osinbajo: Tinubu Nominated Me For Vice President by repogirl(f): 8:23am On Nov 05, 2016
Who cares if he was nominated by Buhari himself? He is a useless sellout who has sold out on his people and even his own church congregation.

Hope he enjoys the crumbs being thrown at him by the North.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ganduje Visit Dangote Tomato Farm In Kano (Photo) / Ben-Bruce Promotes Made-In-Aba Products (pics) / Photo:Late General Sani Abacha and MKO Abiola at an event in Lagos in Feb. 1986.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.