Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Auction - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Auction (296204 Views)

The Blue Love Story [episode 2 : AUCTION] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
ritababe:
"you can't cook and you can't fuvk" grin

nice story ma I hope she didn't kill him Sha.

cc.
Cherrybrown
johnsown1
Ozila
evakinqz
yinks89
olojuede01
yurme

But Tunde is not a nice person
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
bibijay123:
Thanks for the dedication babe, I am in love with ur writing/ stories. I hate dis Linda character already, embarassed going thru stress n doing diabolical tinz just to be a ' big girl'

Enitan will only put herself in trouble if she kills that randy husband of hers cry can't say he doesn't deserve it tho.

Thank you bibijay123...that's a great compliment from you. I am chuffed.

People get pushed to do things in rage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Auction by ritababe(f): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lleigh:

Welcome ritababe and the crew.... Thank you for stopping by.
Please visit 'The Club ' and get your drinks in
will sure do.
even though he is a bad person doesn't mean he deserve to die. anyway make we they watch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Adesina12:
Lleigh!!!
I want to blf this isn't a short story, it is too early for Tunde to die.
I beg give him the second chance.
I am enjoying and watching this auction thing in HD.
No work excuse oooo because I have bought 100kg bag of popcorn to enjoy while watching the gbokogboko movie.

But wait!
What's the offence of Enitan? Is she really deserves all the embarrassment?
Watching!

Adesina12

It is not a short story. ...

Everybody is routing for Tunde....interesting.

I will have a chat with him smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 16, 2016
Lleigh:

Adesina12
It is not a short story. ...
Everybody is routing for Tunde....interesting.
I will have a chat with him smiley
Not me, though...
He deserves whatever he gets...
#TeamTundeShouldDie tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
swann:

Not me, though...

He deserves whatever he gets...

#TeamTundeShouldDie tongue

Swann!!!
Abi you are aunty Enitan ni?
Please don't be wicked ooo.
Give him second chance na beg I beg u ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
Adesina12:

Swann!!!

He is wicked....or maybe the beads make him wicked
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2016
Adesina12:

Swann!!!

That's what he deserves or better still that thing in-between his legs should be cut off and given to the dogs so he can think straight and know that somethings are not meant to be said if you truly have a conscience/heart...

On a side note i need to not take this story personal grin tongue

+++++++
Lleigh please come and give us another Update smiley
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
swann:

That's what he deserves or better still that thing in-between his legs should be cut off and given to the dogs so he can think straight and know that somethings are not meant to be said if you truly have a conscience/heart...

On a side note i need to not take this story personal grin tongue

+++++++
Lleigh please come and give us another Update smiley

Hi swann

I like the balls cut off idea....lightly sautéed with pepper and fed to him lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Cc swann

I will update tomorrow. . .

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
Lleigh:
Cc swann
I will update tomorrow. . .
I'll sleep well knowing this smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
dedicated to swann. (Hope you slept well smiley

cc Tbrak, skarlett, jagugu88li, girlhaley, junnyjake, Missmossy, ritababe, twaci, ADECULATE, bummybummy, Lawlahdey, cheeybrown, iykekelvins

Chapter 6

Linda had spent most of the afternoon traipsing around the various shops along Allen Avenue looking for a certain pair of shoes. She finally found them in the third shop she visited.

She was flush with cash at the moment so only the best would do for her. She walked around Allen Avenue with a haughty swag as she prominently displayed the shopping bags from the other stores she had visited and bought stuff from.

Her last stop was the high end boutique hand bag store she normally browsed, but never bought from, as their prices were prohibitively expensive. She was going to see if the proprietor accepted paying by instalments.

The two men she had met at Chinu’s party were keen and loaded so she was sure in the next couple of weeks she would be fully loaded and pay off the price off the bag.

She needed to find and download a scheduling app, PDQ she thought.

As she had three men on the go that she would have to juggle. Tunde, even though he had given her a flat rent free, came to her on certain days and expected her to cook for him. She normally got that food from the local neighbourhood food seller.

She was simultaneously scrolling through her picture gallery and walking to the hand bag shop, looking for new pictures to put on her Instagram account when someone who wasn’t looking at where they were going walked straight into her.

‘Mitchew’ was on the tips of her lips, when she noticed that one of the light skinned hands was adorned with a Rolex wrist watch. She looked up; recognition dawning on her face when she realised it was the guy sitting at Chinu’s table a couple of nights ago.

‘I am soo sorry’ she said.

‘I wasn’t looking at where I was going’ she said, smiling tentatively.

‘No, I am sorry’ he said looking at her, embarrassment on his face.

‘Oh Hi, you are Chinu’s cousin right?’ holding out his hand.

‘My name is Charles, I must have been dazed by your beauty today and then’ he smiled.

‘No, I should have been looking at where I was going’ she said.

‘My name is Linda; sorry I didn’t introduce myself that night. I was running late and my Uncle was angry with me’ she said as she surreptitiously checked him out.

He was wearing a Gucci t-shirt, his black jeans screamed designer and his shoes were definitely a label she had not had the opportunity to acquaint herself with.

A faint scar ran from the middle of his left cheek to his jaw. Marring his ever so slightly cute face, he wasn’t as young as she had initially thought when she had seen him that night. As she looked at him she noticed that his face was slightly darker than his hands.

They chatted for a few minutes about how they had found the party the night they had met.

‘What brings you here then’ she asked

‘It’s my sister’s birthday in a few days and I am handbag hunting’ he said, rolling his eyes.

‘Unfortunately I have spoilt her.’ He continued

‘She knows that anything she asks her big brother she will get’ he said.

‘What about you, what are you doing here?’ he asked.

‘I can see that, that is a moot question as I can see you have been shopping’ as he looked at her bags.

‘I am here window shopping, o’ Linda replied.

‘Really’ he smiled looking at her bags.

‘Since you have been shopping maybe you can help me’ he asked, staring at her earnestly.

‘Please can you help me cast an eye over the bag that I should get her, my sister I mean’ he asked, as he rolled his eyes.
‘I don’t understand handbags’ he continued.
‘If you don’t mind that is’ he said
‘I don’t want to take you away from your window shopping’ looking at her hopefully.

'You're not' she replied
‘No problem’ she said.
‘I know a good handbag shop,it's a few minutes away’ she said

‘Follow me’

They walked and talked as they wandered into the handbag boutique that had been the next on her list to visit in the first place.
They spent the next twenty minutes picking up and discarding handbags, before finally settling on one that retailed for 250K.

As they walked towards the till, he turned to her.

‘Please as a token of my appreciation for all your help today, let me buy you something here’ he said, embarrassment on his face.

OMG, she thought.

Her eyes quickly scanned the shop. What should I go for?

‘You don’t have to Charles ’ she said, looked at him coyly.

While her inner voice was saying, are you mad!! Free handbag!!

‘No I insist you have extremely good taste. I know time is money. Please’ he insisted.

‘If you hadn’t helped me, I am sure the sales assistant would have sold me the most expensive and ugliest bag in the shop.’ he said.

It would be rude to turn down his offer, she thought.

Though there was the delicate problem of price.

His sister’s bag had cost 250K, she could not go for that or could she?
She finally decided on a 150K bag, it wasn't every day a man buys you a bag without having to lie on your back. She thought thanking her good fortune.

OMG, he didn’t flinch at all o. I need to see this guy again. He is slim and he is loaded, maybe this is my time she thought.

They walked out of the shop, bags in hand, glowing in the knowledge that they had secured a bargain.
Linda had haggled with the owner to get a good price on both bags.

‘Thanks for your help today, Linda.’ He said, as they stood near the entrance.

‘You are very welcome Charles and thank you too’ she replied, not believing her good fortune.

‘I am going away for a couple of days, maybe we can do dinner when I get back?’ he asked.

‘Can I have your number please’ he asked shyly.

Gosh this guy is shy o, Linda thought.
‘Sure’ she said, writing her phone down for him.

‘I will call when I am back in town’ he said, shaking her hand as they parted ways.

Wow Linda thought, lady luck was certainly shining on her today.
Her ijebu baba lucky charms were definitely working.

She watched him walk away, as he scrolled through her phone to check on the messages on her phone.

One of the group chat conversations on WhatsApp was about the ongoing disappearance of someone in their group.

She gated crashed the conversation with a picture of her new bag.

She had decided to also upload the picture of her bag onto Instagram; she waited impatiently for her likes to roll in.

One of the girls on her WhatsApp group chat, Ngozi, wrote ‘nice bag’.

‘Yes o, she typed back.

‘It was a present for being a personal shopper for 45 minutes’ she typed back, with a smiley and smug face.

‘Na wa o, which kind personal shopper be that’ another girl asked. ‘Please introduce me o’

That was something Linda had no intention of doing. This benefactor was one she was going to keep to herself.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
cc Adesina12, nastynic, soleski01
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
cc creeza, whizzdom
Re: The Auction by Creeza(m): 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2016
I will read when I'm free. Thanks for the mention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lleigh:
cc Adesina12, nastynic, soleski01

Thanks for this update
I almost miss my flight while reading because I didn't pay attention to the announcement at departure arena
Nice one.

So what happened between Tunde and Enitan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
Adesina12:

Thanks for this update
I almost miss my flight while reading because I didn't pay attention to the announcement at departure arena
Nice one.

So what happened between Tunde and Enitan?

Adesina12...hope you made the flight and you're not fretting about Tunde.

Swann where are you? Your friend needs to stop rooting for Tunde

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
Lleigh:

Adesina12...hope you made the flight and you're not fretting about Tunde.

Swann where are you? You're friend needs to stop rooting for Tunde

Thank I made it.

Meanwhile, why you and swann against Tunde actions?
In any game there's always home and away matches.
Why Tunde own will be different? Please let Tunde be.
I don't want any comment from all of una ok. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by ritababe(f): 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
hmmmmm.

thanks for the dedication
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
cc

fiyah
Ritababe
Hfinest1
Cherrybrown
Evatryst
Miraxzeebility
Drnoel
Purityval
Snakie86
Olojuede1
Coolval22
Mynd44
Seun
Sampete
Rock555
Angeless
Mainland
SFTW
Victvames
sEXGY2
Buzzboy
Ozila
Austinblinks
Lagusta
Henz24
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
cc

Shewrites
Stag
Jeus
Pastoraji
Goodheart02
Onihaxy
Referee
Youngest85
Iphekitan
Fiyah
Evakingz
Fantasyisland
Cuddlemii
Abefe99
aphieMontella
Obinnau
zerojinx
barbiekely
dat9jakid
bunsuq
veekid
abusafyan
raphieMontella
Geofavor
Silla
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
cc
Jagugu88li
eniqurl
dominique
Iwakacome
amtalkin
Mhiz
Yorhmienerd
Jagugu88li
Dominique
Domance
sexybbstar
neeheeta
Kphantom
suwalee
neeheeta
StupidYorubaFool
Laveda
Sunshine46
elskillful
IamLukas
Mirob
swann , remiseyi,
MozB tunjilomo colik noblets
adetomdx
ashatoda
spadazzy
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
cc

baddchristy
sod09
willzz
greatface
mirob
wayner10
Cherrybrown
johnsown1
Ozila
evakinqz
yinks89
olojuede01
yurme
Re: The Auction by yurme(m): 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nyc 1 op..i think this linda 'd end up in ah biq trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
Chapter 7

swann, bibijay, skarlett, soleski01

Enitan peered through the tiny window of the plane, as she watched the lights fade away to tiny pinpricks. The plane began its ascent into the clouds, supposedly taking her away to a nice place in the clouds. Instead the clouds were dark grey and gloomy, staring back at her making her know that they were not happy either.
She could see the reason for their displeasure, the rain drops on the wings of the plane.

The past few weeks had been hell for her.

Her job definitely had been taken away from her with no recourse on her part, assault on senior staff was frowned upon. No one wanted to believe that the man, who was senior to her in rank and age had assaulted her, it had never been her word against his.

It had been his final and only words full stop. She felt sorry for the other women working there, but that was no longer her problem.

She had decided to follow Friday the day after her explosive blow out with Tunde, to find out where the strumpet was living. Tunde had mentioned that she was going to get a new dining table.

Friday had set off that morning unaware that she had hired a bike to follow him, she had dressed up in a hijab so she was not worried about being recognised. Her heart had started beating rapidly the minute she realised they were heading towards Isolo, no she thought it could not be.
Please God, she said. He would not do that would he?
She wondered where the man she had married had gone?

As the bike wound along the road behind the car, her suspicions grew. But she still tried to bury herself in denial, he wouldn’t would he?

She remembered a while ago when he had told him that they had been successful in renting out their flag ship flat. They had both been in agreement that to make an area more salubrious it always started with the first nice building then others followed and so on.

That’s what had happened all the other houses that sprung up after them, had improved the area and couples were coming in droves to rent properties in the area.

When the last tenant had left, Tunde had taken it upon himself to find a new tenant. He came back home one night to say a couple had come to see the place and had offered two years rent upfront. He said they would be stupid to turn down that kind of offer down.
She was still ruminating with those thoughts when she saw Friday stop the car in front of their flat.

And there she was opening the door for him, at the flat she had just been thinking about.

She cast a critical eye over her, Enitan could not deny the fact that she looked pretty. Shit she thought.

She told the bike man to take her back. This slap on the face helped her realise that the decision she had made the evening she had confronted Tunde with the video was the correct one.

She came back to the here and now when she realised that she was no longer staring at the receding buildings but her reflection in the glass.
She hadn’t made up her mind where she was going to stay but she knew, she would think about something before the plane landed.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Auction by sod09(m): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nice story
Keep it coming ma
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
Chapter 8

The room the size of a large meeting room for fifty people, was situated in a big warehouse on the outskirts of the city. It was a dark and gloomy neighbourhood, most people never ventured that far into the industrial estate after dark.

He took his seat amongst the other guests in the room and looked around at the high rollers in the room. He wasn’t there to buy any stock but to observe how the man on the podium handled his auctions.

Each piece of inventory had been tagged with a lot price and other distinctive features that made the piece worthy of the price tag involved, with the hope of persuading the buyer looking at the goods to put in an offer.

He was here to watch and learn, learn how to make the men part with their money for their new disposable toys.

He noticed people looking his way, he did look a bit young to be in such a place.

Luckily, he had been blessed with great skin, his mum’s genes he always said, he had smooth fair unlined skin with no blemishes that on a woman would have won her accolades, on him it sometimes was wasted. However it certainly had its advantages. It helped him look younger than his real age.

The auction was finished and the man with the gravel hit it on the table three times to get the buyers attention.

‘Gentlemen, for those of you who need to put a seal of ownership on your goods, you have a choice of branding, barcoding or tattooing. Please speak to John over there, that additional service is on the house.'

Absolute fu.c.k.ing genius he thought, more soo when he heard the heart rending scream of the first woman being branded with her owner’s seal.

The irony of the first word of the announcement made him chuckle while he hardened in excitement.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
sod09:
Nice story
Keep it coming ma

Thank you sod09 for stopping by latest update just dropped
Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
How did you know that the cloud wasn't happy about Enitan situation?
You are a genius bae, keep it coming and keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by soleski01(m): 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
I am sure a lot of peeps like me would feel sorry for Enitan.

And now, we finally get to the place of "The Auction."

Great story! Excellent descriptions too.

Nice work, ma'am.

Keep it up!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
soleski01:
I am sure a lot of peeps like me would feel sorry for Enitan.

And now, we finally get to the place of "The Auction."

Great story! Excellent descriptions too.

Nice work, ma'am.

Keep it up!

Thank you well spotted. .. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by nastynic(m): 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
lleigh! Lleigh! Lleigh! How many times did i call you?

You almost made me bump into an incoming lady, if not for quick reflex. You actually made me earn the name USELESS BOY

NICE UPDATE #KEEP IT COMING

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

His Neighbor's Wife / *The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.