Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Auction - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Auction (295684 Views)

The Blue Love Story [episode 2 : AUCTION] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Missmossy:
Ewww Linda has seen hell. Now i pity her, keep it coming Lleigh. More wisdom and inspiration to you. Enitan finds love soon cheesy i can sense it.

Thank you Missmossy cheesy
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
sod09:
One word.....
Nemesis
Once u caught up wit ur past, no way out
Nice one lleigh

thank you sod09
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
omamush:
thanks for the mention Leigh

poor Linda..although it serves her right

but I just feel for her

cry

omamush i know how you feel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
stardomberry:
presently I am working on d street reading dis awesome novel!!!! i

stardomberry thank you for stopping by.... hope you enjoy it
Re: The Auction by SimpleBea(m): 9:19am On Dec 01, 2016
i hope their will be a twist somewhere!. #lindamustnotdie Miss/Mrs Lleigh, Bring it on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2016
SimpleBea:
i hope their will be a twist somewhere!.
#lindamustnotdie
Miss/Mrs Lleigh,
Bring it on.

Nice to see Linda has some fans cheesy
Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 10:32am On Dec 01, 2016
Lleigh where is update nah?
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2016
Adesina12:
Lleigh where is update nah?

I am currently travelling Adesina12....

All updates this weekend...

Please bear with me.
I will get one of the other girls to serve you drinks at the club.

Can you share a table with swann and jaguju88li ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 11:19am On Dec 01, 2016
Lleigh:

I am currently travelling Adesina12....

All updates this weekend...

Please bear with me.
I will get one of the other girls to serve you drinks at the club.

Can you share a table with swann and jaguju88li ?

I wish you safe landing...are you just like me 'miss/mrs Ajala'?
I travel every week by air and I used to read your post whenever I retire in my hotel room every night.

Q: Can you share a table with swann and jaguju88li ?

Sure why not? I have been inviting them to join me since, even Lawlahdey, but it seems only jagugu88li is interested. They are welcome anytime.
Meanwhile, I don't want anything to do with that beast Sam at the club...ok
Where is Enitan and what happen to her on her sojourn?
Meet you at the club in the weekend

Still have 'a bag full of popcorn with cold drink here' my slogan
Welldone bae
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Adesina12:

I travel every week by air and I used to read your post whenever I retire in my hotel room every night.

Sure why not? I have been inviting them to join me since, even Lawlahdey, but it seems only jagugu88li is interested. They are welcome anytime.

#teamSamMustDie# Mercy must stay all the way
Welldone bae

I like to sit by myself. . tongue

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2016
Lawlahdey:
I like to sit by myself. . tongue

grin grin grin Lawlahdey.....huummmm
No one can live in vacum...no one I repeat...you can't be sitting alone
Did you just dropped into this globe without the help of others? You need us!
I will surely find you at the club...trust me
Lleigh please sos!!! grin
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lleigh:

Can you share a table with sw@an and jaguju88li ?
Adesina12:

Q: Can you share a table with sw@an and jaguju88li ?

I'm happy to join, as long as your table is not under an air-con.

Heat or no heat, no air-con please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Auction by SimpleBea(m): 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lleigh:

Nice to see Linda has some fans cheesy
lol. we must nt repay wickedness with wickedness, we must not repay evil wt evil....
#teamlindaMUSTnotdie
#teamCHARLESshouldbepunished.
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
I've caught up at last. The story is superb ms Lleigh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Auction by nastynic(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
Adesina12:

Where is Enitan and what happen to her on her sojourn?
Welldone bae
Adesina12:

grin grin grin Lawlahdey.....huummmm
No one can live in vacum...no one I repeat...you can't be sitting alone
Did you just dropped into this globe without the help of others? You need us!
I will surely find you at the club...trust me
Lleigh please sos!!! grin
jagugu88li:

"MAKE I PLAY THE INTROVERT"
wuna no dey sit down with boy ni ,sorry guy ni...
Wuna na lesboogrin
see me, see Greg, see tuhndhay, wuna no fit invite us
Re: The Auction by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
nastynic:
Wuna na lesboogrin
Which kind accusementesation be dis na? You haff finish us finish.

Chai! My life......issorite

You are invited cool

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
mhiz:
I've caught up at last. The story is superb ms Lleigh

Thank you for reading mhiz

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
nastynic:
Wuna na lesboogrin

You are welcome nastynic
Meanwhile, Adesina12 is a guy and not bae so nothing like lesbian at the club...ok
My friends, jagugu88li, swann, Lawlahdey and Lleigh will be happy to nourish and grow this family together
Join us at the club but no Air-con,,,,u got to respect others feeling
Still have a bag full of popcorn with cold drinks...my slogan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
jagugu88li:

We respect your feeling and no AC but fresh natural air
Please come with your friends
Still have a bag of popcorn with cold drinks... cool
Re: The Auction by idrizeba95(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
His name isn't Charles truly, his name is NEMESIS.

Leigh! Leigh!! Leigh!!!

Come and Quench the fire you ignited ooo.

Awesome Opus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
idrizeba95:
His name isn't Charles truly, his name is NEMESIS.

Leigh! Leigh!! Leigh!!!

Come and Quench the fire you ignited ooo.
Awesome Opus.

idrizeba95 thank you for stopping by ...update will happen this weekend.
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
Chapter 15

dedicated to all avid readers of the Auction....Thank you for always stopping by

Enitan had been busy frothing milk for a cappuccino when she noticed a black man enter the coffee shop out of the corner of her eye. She had cast an appreciative look his way, before she realised who he was. She had narrowly escaped burning her hand as she moved the stainless steel jug up and down over the hot nozzle.

Of all the people she had to bump into, it had to be Bamidele!! She looked back down at the froth she was making for the customer standing patiently in front of her, and hoped that he hadn’t seen her, or wouldn’t recognise her.

It had been at least 15 years, if not more since they had last seen each other face to face. He hadn’t changed that much, she had been able to recognise him straight away.

He walked over to the counter and stopped as recognition dawned on his face and shock took over.

‘Eniitan what are you doing here!’ he said, as he walked up to the counter. He stared at her the surprise and shock still evident on his face.

The customer waiting for her coffee turned to look at the two of them with interest.

Enitan hurriedly poured the froth onto the coffee, without missing a beat, she sprinkled the chocolate over it and handed it over to the lady waiting and sent her out of the shop with a warm ‘Thank you’ and ‘Have a nice day’.

She sighed, as she looked over to Bamidele, playing the aggrieved friend at the counter. It was a good thing Roberto, was on his lunch break, otherwise his thick eyebrows would have been moving up and down in curiosity and glee.

Whoever said men were not nosy lied. Roberto could gossip for Africa, he knew who was shagging who, who should be shagging who and who wasn’t getting any at all. It had been serendipity that had routed her walk through Mayfair that day. Roberto made her laugh a lot with all the stories he told her about the comings and goings of his customers. It had helped sooth the pain and turmoil she was currently going through.

Bamidele, didn’t pronounce her name like most people did, he had always stressed the ’I’ in her name, so that instead of it coming out as Enitan, he had always pronounced it Eniitan.

Enitan, looked back over to Bamidele, as she wiped her hands on her apron. He had developed into a very handsome trim middle aged man, he reminded her Dennis Haysbert, but with glasses. He had always worn glasses, when they had been housemates he had sported some very nerdy ones that had led him to gain the nick name of professor. Which had been fair enough since he could give Spencer Reid a run for his money in the useless facts stakes. Their dinners which had consisted mostly of, beans on toast had been full of interesting and educative discourse.

‘I work here’ she finally replied, as she wiped the counter surface, getting rid of the chocolate powder that had spilled on it when she made the cappuccino earlier.

‘Now I know why all the senior managers have suddenly found the need to actually go out and buy their own coffee’ he smiled, amusement in his eyes as they travelled over her uniform.

Enitan, rolled her eyes at him.

‘They have all been waxing lyrical about the arrival of a new coffee flavour at Roberto’s, they must have been referring to you’ .
He continued, ‘they are even betting on who will get to take you out to dinner first’
‘You have a big fan club over there’ he said.

Enitan laughed and smiled ‘Well to be honest Bamidele, I get a dinner invite at least 5 times a day and not just any run of the mill dinner invites’ she said, as she winked at him.

‘What time do you finish here today’ Bamidele asked her.

‘I finish in thirty minutes’, she knew how English firms worked, long lunch breaks were frowned upon. She hoped that he would make his excuses and leave, she was not in the mood of talking to someone who knew her.

‘Right I will wait for you. In the meantime can I have a black Americano and a slice of lemon cake.’ He said, as he pointed to her favourite cake in the shop. Roberto made it himself and according to him it was his grandmother’s recipe from their homeland in Sicily. She wasn’t sure if she believed him, but one thing she could attest to, the cake was divine.

He paid his bill and waited for her to lay it on a tray, when she put his drink on the tray he said thank you and he went to sit at a table near the counter.

She overheard him talking to someone on the phone ‘Nicole, please cancel my 3pm, reschedule it till tomorrow. Something has come up’. He then spent the rest of the time on his phone most probably answering emails from the look of things.

Enitan and Bamidele had been housemates while they had been in university. She had studied Business and Computer Science Bamidele had studied Computer Science and Maths.

If there was ever a mad scientist it had been him during their student days, she couldn’t deny the fact that he was a genius. She was actually surprised that she hadn’t seen his name in the news for hacking, but then she thought he would never get caught.

It was obvious even when they were students that he was a genius, it was one of his hare brained schemes for a software program that had enabled the two of them to put down a deposit on the ramshackle building they had been living in when their landlord had put it up for sale. The rent from the other students they shared the house with had covered the mortgage.

She sighed, she was going to get the third degree from Bamidele she knew that, she wasn’t in the mood for talking but she would have to. Why did he have to work so near to the place she was working?

‘Have you eaten’ he asked her, as they walked out of the coffee shop after her shift.

Roberto’s eyebrows had gone so high she thought they would go into his head, when he saw Bamidele waiting for her. Her next shift was going to be full of questions she thought to herself as they walked out of the shop.

‘I am not hungry’ she said as put her hands in her coat.

‘What are you doing working in a coffee shop Eniitan? He asked, staring at her.

‘You’re a Director in Lagos for goodness sake and you can’t tell me you need the money!!’

‘Dele, so I am working in a coffee shop, what’s wrong with that?’

‘It’s a job, there is dignity in labour you know’ irritation in her voice.

‘Enitan, sorry that came out wrong. You know I have never been good with words’ he said, contrition in his voice.

‘Are you ok? He continued, ‘How is Tunde and the twins?
‘They are all fine.’ She said, as she gazed into the distance.

‘What about you?
‘How’s Ronke and Tami? She asked him.
‘Ronke and I split up a while ago.’ He replied.

Wow Enitan thought to herself, he had kept that quiet. Not that they really communicated anyway. Their communication was limited to once a year when he sent her a statement in relation to their old house. It was always along the lines of rent in, repairs and miscellaneous paid out. He then took 15% percent and invested it in his latest hare brained scheme.

That was unfair she said to herself, Dele had done extremely well for himself. He had sold his programs to the finance companies and the rest as they say was history.

Bamidele had always had a crush on her, she had always known it, that but she had never capitalised on it, when they had been living together she had been aware he was interested, but since he had never asked her out she had never pursued it. Then Tunde had come on the scene, Bamidele had never warmed to him. But he had eventually accepted Tunde as her boyfriend.

‘Oh, I am sorry to hear that, what happened?’ Enitan asked.
‘It’s a long story, I don’t want to go into it now’ he said.

‘Let’s go somewhere where we can talk, I can tell something is not right Eniitan’ he continued.

‘Aren’t you supposed to be at work Dele’ Enitan asked him as they walked into Bruton St. She had no idea where they were going.

She felt her phone vibrating and pulled it out of her hand bag, she pressed the answer without looking at the callerid.

‘You fu!king bit&ch’ Tunde’s voice bellowed down the phone.

Unfortunately even though the speaker wasn’t on loudspeaker, Bamidele could hear him. She noticed him wince at Tunde’s choice of words.

‘You think, I am stupid abi. You have nothing better to do with your time, than sit down and create a video’ he screamed down the phone.

Enitan pressed the end call button and put the phone back in her bag.

Bamidele turned to her ‘Enitan, please tell me what is going on’

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Auction by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
welcome back lleigh. How was your trip?

This was such a trilling update. I'm sure the video was the one of linda. And i hope things work out between Eniitan and the new guy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by Missmossy(f): 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Tunde is such a killjoy angry he hasn't seen anything, Linda would be back at him. Keep it coming Lleigh more wisdom and inspiration to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Tuhndhay(m): 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
nastynic:
Wuna na lesboogrin

Can't believe i missed out on a sumptuous meal served by Lleigh herself and to think Jagugu88li did not give me a mention until Nastynic gave me a shout-out........ Nice work Lleigh, Bamidele, Charles, Eni tan, Roberto...... Picks my pencil, How do i fit in the puzzle, what's the link with Linda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
swann:
welcome back lleigh. How was your trip?

This was such a trilling update. I'm sure the video was the one of linda. And i hope things work out between Eniitan and the new guy

Hi swann..it was ok..thank you. Back on the road again next week so updates might be a bit sporadic.

Thank you for reading and commenting smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lleigh:

Hi swann..it was ok..thank you. Back on the road again next week so updates might be a bit sporadic.

Thank you for reading and commenting smiley

Take all your time dear. Safe journeys smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
Linda......not Enitan. Mtchewww, this guy never disappoints me.

Dele take over please

Lleigh, just a sneak peek please tongue. Will "we" ever torture this Tunde guy? undecided

Anyway, his mistress is enjoying that other side

#LongLiveCharles #GodBlessCharles

Aaahhhh Tuhndhay, no vex ooo. I had sent nastynic to call you. Ask him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by xamster(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Okay, am at the rare enjoying ma hot coffee. This is good, am waiting for better continuation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by nastynic(m): 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
Tuhndhay:

Can't believe i missed out on a sumptuous meal served by Lleigh herself and to think Jagugu88li did not give me a mention until Nastynic gave me a shout-out........ Nice work Lleigh, Bamidele, Charles, Eni tan, Roberto...... Picks my pencil, How do i fit in the puzzle, what's the link with Linda
guy long time no see! Where u go na?
jagugu88li:
Linda......not Enitan. Mtchewww, this guy never disappoints me.
Dele take over please
Lleigh, just a sneak peek please tongue. Will "we" ever torture this Tunde guy? undecided
Anyway, his mistress is enjoying that other side
#LongLiveCharles #GodBlessCharles
Aaahhhh Tuhndhay, no vex ooo. I had sent nastynic to call you. Ask him
honeygrin i call am na
Re: The Auction by soleski01(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
It feels nice to have you back on here.

An interesting update.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
soleski01:
It feels nice to have you back on here.

An interesting update.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (63) (Reply)

His Neighbor's Wife / *The Players Curse* / Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.