Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode (14631 Views)

Oshodi Transformation Will Depict The New Face Of Lagos - Ambode / New Interchange In Oshodi Lagos– Ambode (Picture) / Nigeria Army Says No Tribal War In Army Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by yGist: 1:34am On Nov 05, 2016
The ever-dynamic Governor of Lagos State, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode has assured everyone living in the mega city to freely go ahead and excel to the level where God has planned for each one as his government will not hinder any one through tribal or religious discrimination.

The Governor said this when he hosted the executive members of the Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN), at the Lagos House at the Lagos House, Ikeja on Thursday. Ambode said he acknowledge the large number of religious organisations within the state and very proud that Lagos is home for all. He promised that Lagos State government would continue to respect the constitution of the Nigeria which allows for freedom of association. His words:

“In Lagos, it is very clear that there is heavy presence of religious organization, Lagos is a cosmopolitan state, we do not discriminate, and we are set out to obey the constitution of this country. And in doing so, free citizens of Lagos State should be given the chance to excel to where God has planned for them to be”.

“We do not discriminate based on religion, we would not discriminate based on tribe, we are not going to discriminate based on where you come from. It is not the will of God and we would not practice it. I have read some literature about you, I am very happy to associate with this association because you have done things that government should ordinarily do. And it is not about women, it’s about you, and it’s about the future of Nigeria.”

Should Ambode be given a Second Term?

Source: http://www.ygist.com/2016/11/discrimination-in-lagos-tribe-religion-akinwunmi-ambode.html

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by kings09(m): 1:44am On Nov 05, 2016
I believe u wit caution

1 Like

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by villareal15(m): 1:45am On Nov 05, 2016
Yeah Lagos is a liberal state.

Nice one Bode.

Lala, what do you think? wink

10 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Xclusivegrin007(m): 1:48am On Nov 05, 2016
Pls note: And for the herdsmen also....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Siberia101: 1:51am On Nov 05, 2016
Eko ni Baje

4 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by blackarcher: 2:55am On Nov 05, 2016
na so
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Sibrah: 2:59am On Nov 05, 2016
Anything to help ease tax payment by the tenants is cool to Amb. We understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by obinoral1179(m): 4:53am On Nov 05, 2016
Truly lagos is for all but oko ki je ti baba ati omo ko ma ni ala..... Translation A farms does not belong to the father and son without some forms of demarcation...

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by chibuzorAbia: 5:17am On Nov 05, 2016
Nigeria is a big house where everybody has his room/flat. Just because my room/flat has a balcony and better breeze or sea view does not mean everybody in the house should move to my flat without restriction.

Who gave Ambode the MANDATE to declare a Yoruba state is for ALL? Ogbeni Ambode, your job is to govern the state for 8 years not making useless declarations. Igbos are not fools.

Yoruba say "OKO KI JE TI BABA ATI OMO KO MA LAALA"

50 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by oloworulz(m): 5:52am On Nov 05, 2016
ambode, u are totally wrong there. ****. I know u said that because of their votes, we did it in 2015 without their votes and you will do it without them again in 2019. I represent Lagos, Lagos island. isale eko. full breed .

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Suurulere(m): 6:01am On Nov 05, 2016
"Nigeria is one but everyone knows his father's house"- Aminu Kano...
Ambode uses the carrot and stick approach for non-indigenes as 2019 approaches.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 05, 2016
How many Igbo's are in the Lagos State civil service?

Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by RockHard: 6:52am On Nov 05, 2016
Keneking:

Nonsense

You are such a hypocrite. Even your SE governors would make such politically correct statements in similar circumstance but we all know the real situation on ground. How many Yorubas are in Anambra civil service? And don't gimme that stvpid 'Lagos was once a capital city' crap coz it stopped being the capital since '91 and Yorubas have by default naturally assumed its political control and burden of administration that has made it into what it has become today since then.

In the real sense, true Lagos indigenes will always have precedence over all other Nigerians for Lagos appointments, followed by Yorubas from the wider SW region, the rest can have the crumbs. That's the truth and nothing but. Deal with it. cool

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by anibi9674: 7:15am On Nov 05, 2016
so because of one percent Vat, Lagos is now a no mans land.
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by omoyowa: 7:35am On Nov 05, 2016
RockHard:

You are such a hypocrite. Even your SE governors would make such politically correct statements in similar circumstance but we all know the real situation on ground. How many Yorubas are in Anambra civil service? And don't gimme that stvpid Lagos was once a capital city crap coz it stopped being the capital since '91 and Yorubas have by default naturally assumed its political control and burden of administration that has made it into what it has become today since then.

In the real sense, true Lagos indigenes will always have precedence over all others Nigerians for Lagos appointments, followed by Yorubas from the wider SW region, the rest can have the crumbs. That's the truth and nothing but. Deal with it. cool

Guy,,..you need to wake up..
D very day that afonjas will stand to claim Lagos,,that is d day you will know that Lagos is for all.....
Even if Igbo's forfeit Lagos,,the northerners will never and can never forfeit lagos...
they will rather fight to death than to forfeit Lagos,which may end up becoming another kwara state

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by omoyowa: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2016
oloworulz:
ambode, u are totally wrong there. stop giving those idiotic Igbos hope. I know u said that because of their votes, we did it in 2015 without their votes and you will do it without them again in 2019. I represent Lagos, Lagos island. isale eko. full breed .

You shouldn't be bordering yourself with Igbo's,,because they have their viable cities in d SE.....
You should be more concerned about d North and d Fulani's....
Even if Igbo's forfeit Lagos,d northerners will never and can never forfeit Lagos...
Da will rather fight to death than to forfeit Lagos,,which will eventually become another kwara state....
D very day d afonjas will wake up to claim Lagos,that is d day ,you will know what I am saying....
Remember Emir sanusi say da need Lagos more than Niger delta...so try and sit up..

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by RockHard: 7:45am On Nov 05, 2016
omoyowa:

Guy,,..you need to wake up..
D very day that afonjas will stand to claim Lagos,,that is d day you will know that Lagos is for all.....
Even if Igbo's forfeit Lagos,,the northerners will never and can never forfeit lagos...
they will rather fight to death than to forfeit Lagos,which may end up becoming another kwara state

Lol. Dude calm the eff down. Come, what is with this igbo mas..sturbation over Lagos matter for goodness sakes?! Why are you taking Panadol for Yorubaland headache? At the rate you all scream about having the biggest deeks on the block, one would've expected you'd face your region and mind your fvcking bizness. But instead na envy, bigotry and rabid jealousy dey ooze from y'all against Lagos. Na wah o. Sofly sofly with the hatred abeg, e fit cause Cancer o.

Newsflash: Lagos has continued to progress and soar under Yoruba political leadership since the FG abandoned it as FCT close to 30-years ago, and it will only continue to do so by the special grace of God. No amount of bad-belle from jealous and envious lowlifes will/can stop this moving train. You lots had better channel your energies toward developing your region like your leaders have been shouting lately, else na suicide fit be the end result of this una hatred and envy. Smh.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by omoyowa: 7:46am On Nov 05, 2016
oloworulz:
ambode, u are totally wrong there. stop giving those idiotic Igbos hope. I know u said that because of their votes, we did it in 2015 without their votes and you will do it without them again in 2019. I represent Lagos, Lagos island. isale eko. full breed .

Read this link
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://nigeriabreakingnews.com.ng/nigeria-needs-lagos-more-than-niger-delta-emir-of-kano-sanusi/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiOgOjjgZHQAhVJFMAKHdfqCdYQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNGQkkPbLQ8kqB-K-NcNfHy4VPYK1w

1 Like

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by otukpo(f): 7:46am On Nov 05, 2016
We have heard.
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by omoyowa: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2016
RockHard:

Lol. Dude calm the fvck down. Come, what is with this igbo mas..sturbation over Lagos matter for goodness sakes?! Why are you taking Panadol for Yorubaland headache? At the rate you all scream about having the biggest deeks on the block, one would've expected you'd face your region and mind your fvcking bizness. But instead na envy, bigotry and rabid jealousy dey ooze from y'all against Lagos. Na wah o. Sofly sofly with the hatred abeg, e fit cause Cancer o.

Newsflash: Lagos has continued to progress and soar under Yoruba political leadership since the FG abandoned it as FCT close to 30-years ago, and it will only continue to do so by the special grace of God. No amount of bad-belle from jealous and envious lowlifes will/can stop this moving train. You lots had better channel your energies toward developing your region like your leaders have been shouting lately, else na suicide fit be the end result of this una hatred and envy. Smh.

I think if you are learned, you should have understood my post...but you end up masterbating in your brown roof Oshogbo room...
D elders will always say,..A word is enough for d wise....
Keeping blaming d igbos ,when d time comes,you will know your real Unforsaken guest...
As for hate,I think you are d one filled with hate

d link below can help you masterbate very well
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://nigeriabreakingnews.com.ng/nigeria-needs-lagos-more-than-niger-delta-emir-of-kano-sanusi/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiOgOjjgZHQAhVJFMAKHdfqCdYQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNGQkkPbLQ8kqB-K-NcNfHy4VPYK1w

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by MyGeneration(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2016
Keneking:

Nonsense
What is wrong with you people, am igbo but i hv to confess most you guys have this annoying behaviour and bad attitude to things.
You people dont just know how to talk, if there are igbos in Lagos civil service you are giving ambode a big reason to sack them, while if there arent igbos as you say in the civil service you are also giving him more reasons not to employ them.
Ambode and yorubas please its not all igbos that are like this, if other igbo states behave anyhow Imo state people do not.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by omoyowa: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2016
RockHard:

Omo, fvck off my mention and shove your counsel up your behind, punk a$$ jealous and envious thing. For the last time quit taking panadol for Yorubaland headache. Biafura is there, go and agitate for it coz we don't give a fvck about what y'all think or feel about Lasgidi, coz no amount of envy from your corridor can nor will slow down her progress. Real talk. cool If you mention me again Amadioha will vapourize you.

Please,,try and locate d nearest psychiatric hospital,for your own good

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by PaulIdu: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2016
All I know is that Lagos is home to any hardworking , honest, respectful,liberal and fun loving persons ..Thieves and dishonest people are not welcome here ..Eko Oni Obaje ..Our Lagos Our Hustle Our Blessing

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by apcisevil: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2016
RockHard:

Omo, bugg off my mention and shove your counsel up your behind, punk a$$ jealous and envious thing. For the last time quit taking panadol for Yorubaland headache. Biafura is there, go and agitate for it coz we don't give a funk about what y'all think or feel about Lasgidi, coz no amount of envy from your corridor can nor will slow down her progress. Real talk. cool If you mention me again Amadioha will vapourize you.
It is ironic and silly that you accused igbos of masturbating over Lagos and yorubas... but your zombie brain have forgotten how igbos are screaming for biafra... and I as far as I know, Lagos is not in biafra.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by RZArecta(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2016
Ambode is a wailer for saying this nonsense tongue Lagos is for Lagosians alone, you people should go back to your village grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by caprini1: 8:58am On Nov 05, 2016
Lagos is a mini Nigeria,smart governor of the best state to live in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by loopman: 9:33am On Nov 05, 2016
Xclusivegrin007:
Pls note:
And for the herdsmen also....

Stop acting like a kid, act your age, regardless of the fact that this is any anonymous forum.
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Slikbae: 9:44am On Nov 05, 2016
If oil is free for all why won't Lagos or any other state be?

3 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by obaloppelujo(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2016
Have you ever hear an hausa man say he owns lagos ? .......LOL....smart governor , intelligent politician . Itesiwaju eko. It dosent mean non indigene will be oba of lagos , it dosent mean non indigene will be employed more than the indigenes , it dosent mean lagos will no longer be yoruba land .
Ambode is so smart ooo . Campaigning already.Ambode till 2023....

14 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2016
omoyowa:

You shouldn't be bordering yourself with Igbo's,,because they have their viable cities in d SE.....
You should be more concerned about d North and d Fulani's....
Even if Igbo's forfeit Lagos,d northerners will never and can never forfeit Lagos...
Da will rather fight to death than to forfeit Lagos,,which will eventually become another kwara state....
D very day d afonjas will wake up to claim Lagos,that is d day ,you will know what I am saying....
Remember Emir sanusi say da need Lagos more than Niger delta...so try and sit up..
grin grin exactly that what they fail to understand, Igbo worry less about Lagos, if not majority of Igbos won't be asking for sepration, they know their real enemies, just that they are scared to confront them, they throw jabs at us because majority us are christains and not radicals, imagine if it was Igbo governor that came to Lagos and free Igbo
Prisoners after killing their people and order Ambode not to relocate mile 12 market? or Igbo king that make the comment Emir of Kano made concerning how important Lagos is to them? They would've used available media orgnisations and start ranting rubbish which they score %100, that's their strenght, just go through the content of his speech, he was addressing muslim faithfuls probably from north they shift their blame to Igbos as usual, same set of people play tricks, propaganda for Igbos to denounce Biafra and embrace one Nigeria, very confused set of people

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Writes NASS, Seeks To Borrow $5.851bn For Railway Projects / 2019 Election; APC Defies INEC, Submits Zamfara Candidates’ List / Atiku: I Am Ready To Lead Coalition Against Tinubu, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.