Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions (21302 Views)

10 Common Windows 7 Problems And Their Solutions / 4 Common PC Problems And How To Fix Them / Pix!Frosh!!landing Hot Original Xiaomi Power Banks(laptops And Phones) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by sotall(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
femaks:
My Toshiba satellite laptop L15W....81208X. Window10, had it's touchscreen broken and all effort to get it fixed @ computer village Ikeja hasn't been successful as the screen isn't available.
Anyone who knows where I can get the touchscreen should let me know please.
The images are shown herewith.
I know where you can get the touch screen at computer village. whatsapp or call 08164685979.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by tope56(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
l've been using. my Toshiba for close to 4 years now and I don't experience tthose problems though mine was bought in Europe. intact it is best of my laptops.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by vickylincon(m): 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
MizMyColi:

Yes AMD.

My intel core i3 can hot for Akara oil ehn
well, I don't believe that. Seems you are mistaken it for each other. Amd is supposed to be hot while i3 ought to be cool. Infact, am searching for i3 now
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Kunle106(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
hinges problem... can i get the casing of satellite c655
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
MizMyColi:
This is not true.

I have been using a Toshiba Satellite since 2013.
It came with an AMD processor.

That Laptop is one of the best Utilities that has happened to me.

Re u serious? I thought they say AMD processor over heats,that the best processor is intel.....plz who can help me confirm this as am hooked up in buying this AMD processor with radeon graphics......but am confuse as they say intel is d best processor as AMD over heats.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bro plz help me out.....their is this toshiba laptop I want to buy. 15.6" 4gig ram// 500gig with AMD processor( new version of AMD processor) with AMD radeon graphics. But am confuse as I read that AMD processor over heats that iis better to go for intel processor......pls I need ur guidance on this. Should I ignore this and go ahead and buy it. Is not new one....is US used imported
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
This Article is crap!!!..... Utter Crap!

I've been using my Toshiba Satellite since 2014 and I've NEVER experienced any problems.... Not even Once!!.. Except for when my OS crashed and I had to upgrade to Windows 10.

The problems above are not limited to Toshiba laptops.

Which mod even put this on FP?! angry

Bro what's ur processor type. AMD or intel?......don't ur won over heats?
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
hugafella:
I've been using a Toshiba Satellite laptop since April 2007. No single problem and I'm still using it very well. I don't know what you guys are talking about. Toshiba is the best laptop for me, and I will buy it again in the future. Next year will be 10 yrs. Can HP last that long?

Bro what's ur own spec? Is it AMD processor or Intel? Don't urs over heat? Plz I need guide line before I buy what I will regret.......am scared of d AMD processor.....there is this toshiba satellite AMD processor I want to buy,but am confuse as d say it over heats
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
TheVictorious:

Really am shocked about all am seeing here oh. I don't think everyone can be mistaking at the same time, may be my own Toshiba laptop is just one in a million. Thank God I didn't see online review, may be I will not have gotten it.

I've been using my Laptop for close to 3 years now and it has never over heated or disappointed me for once. I actually don't play Fifa or PES with it sha, but I've been tasking it reasonably well.

Bro pls what's d spec of urs.....is it AMD processor or intel?
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
john650:

I have a different experience. My Toshiba Satellite with AMD processor has never worked as it should. It overheated so much that the screen has large black spots on it. Other times, it shuts down by itself and reboots. When I put it down, it gets so hot that it starts rebooting itself. For best use, I must be in front of a fan to keep the system at optimal temperature. With that said, I think the problem is with the AMD processor. Never buy a computer with an AMD processor.

The older Toshiba I have that runs an Intel processor doesn't have much of a problem except that one of the hinges that holds the cover broke and I am having trouble finding a competent hand to help me fix it.

Yes this is what I means....am hearing it from another person again.....( That AMD processor over heats and drain battery..that's is better to go for intel processor
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by john650(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
cruzclinton1:

Re u serious? I thought they say AMD processor over heats,that the best processor is intel.....plz who can help me confirm this as am hooked up in buying this AMD processor with radeon graphics......but am confuse as they say intel is d best processor as AMD over heats.
Please stay away from laptops with AMD processors. They are no good.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Donspunky: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
Thus is not true dude. I have used my Toshiba satellite L855 since 2013. Toshiba is a very good brand of laptop.
If yours overheats, pls be sure its not on a surface that blocks the ventilation channels.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
john650:
Please stay away from laptops with AMD processors. They are no good.
Thank u so much.....needed this before I make a huge mistake
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by sotall(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
tomzee2:
pls bruh my Toshiba have this issue each time am using it, it will just go dark while the engine is still runing can't even off it when it goes dark like that unless I remove nd replace the ba3 back nd sometime it doesn't come on. I have to keep trying for days before it comes up...... Please bruh any solution to this problem THANKS IN ADVANCE
whatsapp me on the number in my signature.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by sotall(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
cruzclinton1:

Bro what's ur own spec? Is it AMD processor or Intel? Don't urs over heat? Plz I need guide line before I buy what I will regret.......am scared of d AMD processor.....there is this toshiba satellite AMD processor I want to buy,but am confuse as d say it over heats
Bro, go for the laptop that suits your need and taste whether AMD or Intel. The Toshiba I am currently using is Toshiba satellite using AMD processor with Radeon graphics. It is cool and though it is an average laptop, the AMD graphics puts it above other laptops of its peers. Hence go for what you like, AMD or Intel , a laptop can develop fault at anytime.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by 3KINGZ18: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Mine (toshiba satellite) does not show on the screen but other parts looks functional. This started after i downloaded many songs.....& logged off. The next time i tried turning it on, the screen was ineffective.

Who can help me out??
when you on it,press f11 rapidly works for me

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by 3KINGZ18: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
john650:

I have a different experience. My Toshiba Satellite with AMD processor has never worked as it should. It overheated so much that the screen has large black spots on it. Other times, it shuts down by itself and reboots. When I put it down, it gets so hot that it starts rebooting itself. For best use, I must be in front of a fan to keep the system at optimal temperature. With that said, I think the problem is with the AMD processor. Never buy a computer with an AMD processor.

The older Toshiba I have that runs an Intel processor doesn't have much of a problem except that one of the hinges that holds the cover broke and I am having trouble finding a competent hand to help me fix it.
yh amd tends to overheat
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
sotall:
Bro, go for the laptop that suits your need and taste whether AMD or Intel. The Toshiba I am currently using is Toshiba satellite using AMD processor with Radeon graphics. It is cool and though it is an average laptop, the AMD graphics puts it above other laptops of its peers. Hence go for what you like, AMD or Intel , a laptop can develop fault at anytime.

Yes this one I want to buy is an average laptop too....Amd processor with AMD radeon graphics....is like is d same with urs.....is like e series or something,but it has E is d processor model. Ur own don't heat up? Coz that's d only thing am concern of " overheating"
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Ernestbukky(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
horladmejy:
My Toshiba satellite c855 makes noise when I put it on....and its not the ram or harddisk issue... Any possible solution?
It's the keyboard. Change it and the problem will be over.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
cruzclinton1:

Bro what's ur processor type. AMD or intel?......don't ur won over heats?

INTEL Caleron and no, it never overheats.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

INTEL Caleron and no, it never overheats.
Ok thanks
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by greggng: 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
i have been using toshiba satelite for a long time now and it works perfectly. I think the problem is with buying fake toshiba.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Areolad: 12:12am On Nov 07, 2016
I've been using my Toshiba Satellite C660 1P8 since 2011 yet I don't experience any of these issues. I'm really enjoying it with Windows 10 running smoothly like new again.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by TruthSpeaker: 12:25am On Nov 07, 2016
TOSHIBA COMPUTERS ARE THE MOST DURABLE IN MY OPINION. I HAVE A 10 YEARS OLD TOSHIBA SATTELITE WITH A CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR. IT HAS NEVER BEEN OPENED FOR REPAIR OR CLEANSING. I HAVE ONLY CHANGED THE BATTERY ONCE (3 YEARS AGO) AND THE ADAPTOR THIS YEAR.
RIGHT NOW IT HAS TEMPERATURE ISSUES WHICH I SOLVE WITH A LAPTOP FAN BASE.
I GOT ANOTHER LAPTOP WHICH FOR SURE IS ALSO TOSHIBA.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by TheVictorious(m): 11:04am On Nov 07, 2016
cruzclinton1:

Bro pls what's d spec of urs.....is it AMD processor or intel?

Toshiba Satelite C55-B5201. Intel

You can google it up: http://techforpennies.com/toshiba-satellite-c55-b5201-review/
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by cruzclinton1(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheVictorious:

Toshiba Satelite C55-B5201. Intel

You can google it up: http://techforpennies.com/toshiba-satellite-c55-b5201-review/

Thanks
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Adet5(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
airsaylongcon:

I am utterly gobsmacked. My first Toshiba was on 2001 and I worked that Donkey until it gave up the ghost in 2007. I still have the carcass complete with the charger. Bought another Toshiba in 2007 that was stolen at gunpoint in 2008. Managed a Toshiba Network till 2012 then got another Toshiba that I'm using till date. And I'm a hard-core IT person o. Toshiba is the Nokia of laptops. Workhorse. These guys are buying fakes/grey market goods

how much can i get Toshiba satellite c660 /c660d motherboard. pls reply me asap.
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Adet5(m): 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
sotall:
whatsapp me on the number in my signature.
how much can I get Toshiba c660 /c660d motherboard?
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by airsaylongcon: 5:54am On Jul 13, 2017
Adet5:

how much can i get Toshiba satellite c660 /c660d motherboard. pls reply me asap.

Any pic?
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by sotall(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2017
Adet5:
how much can I get Toshiba c660 /c660d mlotherboard?
chat me on 08164685979
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Jacksparrow7(m): 7:14am On Jun 17, 2021
I bought a Toshiba corei7 laptop, shit it blew the next day angry
Re: 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions by Jacksparrow7(m): 7:16am On Jun 17, 2021
Can AMD Processors even do programming? cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Windows-10 Failed To Sign Me In / Why Microsoft Windows OS Is Widely Used In Nigeria / Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.