Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:24 PM

Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane (22611 Views)

Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport / FG To Reduce Agencies Operating In Ports To Six / Breaking News !!! Apc Imports Thugs In Brt Buses From Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by morereb10: 4:26am On Nov 05, 2016
Lagos State Government has revoked franchises issued to LAGBUS Asset management, operators of LAGBUS buses, over use of Ikorodu corridor, even as it disclosed plans to introduce Intelligent Traffic System along Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor.

The Acting Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Anofiu Elegushi, who disclosed the ban yesterday at a press briefing in Ikeja, said with effect from Monday next week all LAGBUS buses will no longer utilise the BRT corridor to load, drop and travel.

He stated the LAGBUS buses can only provide end to end bus services using the Expressway and service lanes along the Ikorodu Road stretch. Explaining the decision, the acting commissioner noted that the state government was determined to enhance and boost commuters experience along the corridor. He added that the present arrangement has constrained the capacity of the BRT bus services to cater for the people.

“The restriction does not extend to charter staff buses run by LAGBUS; does not preclude access to depot along Ikorodu road and express services are allowed with only few designated stops. “All routes from Ikorodu hinterland will now terminate at TOS Benson bus stop after which there will be no loading of passengers. “However, the operations of LAGBUS buses have been moved to other 14 routes identified by the Lagos State Metropolitan Transport Master plan,” he said.

Elegushi added that one other route will take off before the end of the year, saying the new plan as in being in the overall interest of Lagosians. The commissioner also banned the on board sales of tickets on board buses describing it as the harbinger of unstructured service.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/11/lagos-state-bans-lagbus-buses-from.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by morereb10: 4:27am On Nov 05, 2016
Matter of time. Dey will be banned completely

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by maryjan8(f): 4:29am On Nov 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Siberia101: 4:32am On Nov 05, 2016
Eko ni Baje oh.

I Envy Lagos

#SenatorSamuelAnyanwu2019

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Godfullsam(m): 4:47am On Nov 05, 2016
BRT ti take over back to back.
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 05, 2016
Lagbus franchise was a disaster.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by ba7man(m): 6:32am On Nov 05, 2016
Those dirty, rickety Lag buses are on a backslide to be the new molues...... it's hard to believe they started as AC buses.

Whoever are the people behind it are just being tolerated for political reasons I believe.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by fuckerholic(m): 6:36am On Nov 05, 2016
We are watching,whatever..#fuckerholicisback#
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Pavore9: 6:37am On Nov 05, 2016
LAGBUS looks so mismanaged.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2016
grin
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Turks: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2016
IamBode (Ambode) is just hating.. angry
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Mememan: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2016
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) shocked

Wey I been dey think say e mean
Babatunde
Raji
Transport grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by helphelp: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2016
Beht why na
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by jazinogold(m): 8:18am On Nov 05, 2016
g
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by mayorjosh(m): 8:18am On Nov 05, 2016
The hold up this buses cause at Ketu/Ojota still amazes me angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Generalkorex(m): 8:18am On Nov 05, 2016
kai

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Tolubory(m): 8:19am On Nov 05, 2016
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by PaulIdu: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2016
Lagbus is a Fashola racket and the great Ambode knows this . Let Fashola Lagbus start hustling like the glorified molded they really are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by kingobozy: 8:23am On Nov 05, 2016
Nice initiative!! The Lagos state transportation commission has been making some innovative decision in easing the stress Lagosians face on the ever crowded road.
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by caracas: 8:26am On Nov 05, 2016
I still prefare the lagbus to the brt.
The only good thing about the brt buses is the aircondition.
They are So disorganised ,time means nothing to them.
In fact there is now à saying amongst commuters of ikorodu tbs axis that the brt is meant for those that intends to be late to their destination .
Honestly the lagbus as far as i am concerned is far more efficient than the brt.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Tobyshegz(m): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2016
This Ambode of a man wan resemble me somehow
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2016
vh
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Scatterscatter(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2016
Not a smart move

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by RZArecta(m): 8:45am On Nov 05, 2016
As long as it doesn't affect those blue air-conditioned buses then I'm ok cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Lagusta(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2016
PaulIdu:
Lagbus is a Fashola racket and the great Ambode knows this . Let Fashola Lagbus start hustling like the glorified molded they really are

Lagbus is both owned by private individuals and the LASG... With the private body earning higher shares.....

BRT was the real fashola deal....

Na so e be....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Lagusta(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2016
caracas:
I still prefare the lagbus to the brt.
The only good thing about the brt buses is the aircondition.
They are So unorganised ,time means nothing to them.
In fact there is now à saying amongst commuters of ikorodu tbs axis that the brt is meant for those that intends to be late to their destination .
Honestly the lagbus as far as i am concerned is far more efficient than the brt.

I'm sure you meant the opposite of what you just typed .....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by wristbangle: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2016
Well, e no concise me. Those blue BRT buses with their tight AC wink is enough 4 me

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2016
There's nothing wrong with the transport system. It eases the stress of many, especially around the ajah axis.
Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by Raydos: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2016
Ambode Please ban danfo in lagos! all these danfos are responsible for all the potholes in lagos! cry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane by MAXIMAL123(m): 8:59am On Nov 05, 2016
K

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sacked MD Approves Multi Million Loan For Allies; Backdates Records / Again APC Governors Disagree With Tinubu Over Campaign Matters / Kemi Adeosun Guessing On Use Of 2.2Tn Borrowed Funds - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.