Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

For Computer Science Students - Programming (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / For Computer Science Students (55691 Views)

Is Programming Meant Only For Computer Science Students? / Free Project Topics, Cheap Program And Materials For Computer Science Students / SIWES For Computer Science Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 6:50am On Jun 26, 2018
3 Ways To Become Better At A Skill
Do you have a skill you have been longing to grow or become proficient at? I believe a lot of us do, but with the busyness of life everyday, it becomes really difficult to follow up on our learning. Sometimes we think we need a lot of time to become better at something, but sometimes, all we need is a little chunk here and there.

The most important key to becoming proficient at any skill is consistency. You consistently develop yourself and become better everyday. But yes, you have heard this a million times. How exactly do you become consistent? Take these 3 steps and become consistent.

Realize What You Want To Achieve: Fail Fast

Sometimes, we do not really know what we want and at that point, all you have to do is to keep trying to discover what area you want to be good at. But this path sometimes is too long, so simply pick an area and start from there. If that is not what you want, the more you proceed, the more you realize what you do not want and then you can change to something else. A lot of the time, we tell ourselves we do not want something, but once we start, we realize it was what we wanted from the beginning.

So the first step is to start something. The earlier you start, the better it becomes for you since you would be able to eliminate as fast as you can between what you want and what you do not want. So fail fast when realizing what you want, and keep on going until you have found what you are interested in proceeding with.

Why you need to fail and fail fast is because it seems as if failure is common to a lot of successful people, so failing now does not in any mean you are a failure. It simply means you have realized one less path to worry about.

Set up a schedule to achieve it

When you have realized a skill you want to become good at, you do not necessarily need to go lock yourself up somewhere until you become better. Well, this is an option you can take but not available to a lot of us. So in the absence of that option, what you need to do is to find the smallest time possible in a day when you can be able to work on your skills. Ensure you get the smallest time possible in a day. It is important that it is daily. No matter how small the time is, get it. Remember, you need to get the time everyday.

As soon as you have gotten that time in a day, do all you can to ensure that that time is not in any way occupied with something else. For me, it is early in the morning, as such, I try as much as I can to sleep early so that I have the time for myself in the morning. Your schedule may be way tighter than mine, so try find a different time. Most important thing is to do it everyday and about the same time.

Keep Going

When you begin, you would have enough energy to last for a few days after which your body wants to go back to what it used to do before you started. For me, this is the most difficult period because this is when you would have to push yourself, no one would be there to push you. You would be the coach and the coached. So watch out for this period and ensure that you try to keep going. Well, this stage would not be easy, but then no one said it would be easy. You have to keep pushing.

Sometimes, you would fall off for a while. But be gentle with yourself. No one is perfect, but watch out and try get back in as soon as possible. Take necessary breaks if you have to, but never stop going.

We all have things we want to be better at. I hope these few steps would help you become better at something you have been wanting for a long time.

Stay blessed and thanks for Reading. Thank You.

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2018
A New Day To Start Great
Sometimes, our day goes so well that we do not want it to end. Other times, it becomes so bad that we simply wish the day already ended. Whatever your day was like, today is another opportunity to make a great day.

John R. Wooden said “Make each day your masterpiece”
You only have today to make all the impact you want to make. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone. A friend once asked me if I would be around in 2020. I said I do not know because I am not sure I would be around tomorrow. So make the best use of today and never wait until you do not have the chance to make today great.

To make your day great simply is by giving the best that you can ever be to every day of your life. Some days, we are tired, but even with the tiredness, ensure you have given the best that you can ever give in that situation.

So to start a day great, seek God, be optimistic and go for it. When some doors do not open, it is sometimes to test your strength to see how strong you can push or it is simply not the right door for you. So whatever result you get today, it is still in your favor. Because even when the door opens, it leads somewhere. So you should never let any bad event in your day take the best part of your life.

See the challenges of life as trying to test you to see if you are really interested in what you said you are. Sometimes, you just say you want it but cannot put in the work needed. When you are tested, that is when the true result comes out. So never relent in your effort to making today a great day.

So when someone says to you Good Morning, you say Oh No, it is a great morning. Use that spirit to move in and do great. Go on out and be great.

The world needs more greatness. You are great. Now go out and do the best that you can. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:13am On Jun 28, 2018
Never relent
Never relent in your efforts to becoming a better version of you. Every day seems to come with new challenges as if we did not overcome any challenge to get to where we are. Look back at your life and imagine some of the obstacles you felt like you would never surmount.

Look at you today. You have conquered the challenges of the past. But life does not become any easier because we overcame yesterday’s challenges. By overcoming these challenges, it seems as if we say we want more. And with more responsibilities come greater challenges. Remember when you were a kid and all you could worry about was what you were going to eat.

You overcame that and all you had to worry about was going to school and completing your education. You might have completed it now or also completed it, but the next task lies in finding a means of meeting your needs. That alone is a new challenge. If you have conquered yesterday, then you can again conquer today, because in the end, today itself becomes yesterday.

So when you feel like the challenges would not end, tell yourself you would not give up on becoming a better version of yourself. That version that does not relent in their efforts in attaining what they want to achieve in life. The most important thing first is to realize that with God, all things are possible. Then from there, you move on, never believing that things might not work out. Well, no one knows it would not work out until you try. Your case might proof everyone else wrong.

Begin today to see the challenges in your life as building blocks in making you a better person. In the end, we are more about the challenges we have conquered that who we are as a physical person. Never relent, no one told you the battleground would be an easy one. Keep going, keep pushing, never relent.

In the end, the path that works wonders was not the easy path. Looking back, you greatly appreciate the challenges as they have made you into a better version of yourself. So see challenges as necessities in the world of becoming better and continue to keep going. Keep going even if you have change directions sometimes. Life is like riding a bicycle. To be balanced, you have to keep pushing.

So start today by seeing challenges as a way to become better, not something that is out there to harm you. Imagine life is like a gym and the challenges are the exercises you have to participate in to strengthen your muscles.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2018
Appreciate What You Have
Traveling back from Minna over the weekend was one of the scariest periods of my life. It was 7.30 PM and I was on the bus heading back to Abuja. All kinds of thoughts ran through my mind and in all those times, one of the things I prayed for was to be back home on my bed, enjoying the night. That made me realize how grateful one should be even for the smallest things. In my journal where I write what I am grateful for, I hardly ever consider having a bed to sleep at night a thing to appreciate.

But this journey really taught me to be grateful for the small things in life. To be grateful to the people that have taken out of their time to see us happy. It matters that we take a while to appreciate all that we have because looking back one day, we always wish we had appreciated it. Learn to appreciate God and everyone in your life. Be grateful that you have what you have as millions more are seeking what you have. In my journey, all I could wish for was to be back home safe and sound, but writing this now, I am home safe and sound, but would never really have known the value of a safe home if I was not on that journey.

It is important that what we have in life is meant to make us a better version of ourselves. Not anything to draw us back and make us sad. It matters that we continue to appreciate every single thing in our life because we never know when they would be snatched away from us. Remember today to call your family, appreciate that person, do that random act of kindness. Do all that you can do all the time that you have because, in the end, it matters that we do. No one really knows what tomorrow might bring and it might be too late to appreciate what you have when it is long gone.

Be grateful, but never give in. Seek to always become a better version of who you want to be. No matter what life throws at you, be grateful and appreciate it. Learn to seek the good part of life. Imagine some of the great men in life and what would have happened if the bad things in their lives did not happen. No matter your situation, appreciate what you have, keep going and never relent. It matters that you serve as a source of hope for the generation yet unborn.

Start today, appreciate what you have, never relent and keep going. The world needs more of you. Thanks and God Bless.

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by Dboy55(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2018
Nic3 on si4 #azbit

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:06am On Jul 04, 2018
Respect Everyone You Meet
How would you treat someone if you realized that the person was Barack Obama or any other great figure? You would do all the best that you can to show care and affection to that person with all the time that we have. But why then do we treat anyone with less respect than we should?

Have you ever respected some less and later realized that the person was an important figure in the society? Next time you see them, you respect them more now that you know that rank and status in the society. But do you have to do this for everyone you meet? Wait until you find out their real position, then respect them more? NO.

So respect everyone you meet without any thought as to whether they are important or not. How you treat others matter. Treat everyone with the love and respect that you would love to also get. Make sure to always respect everyone no matter how simple they look to you.

A Yoruba Proverb says Humans are like water, we do not know where we would meet.

Since you do not know the next time you would encounter another person, why not give them the best they can get from you right now. Respect them and show them the love and care that you can give anyone. It matters that we do. The world really needs more of us to learn to love and respect each other more. Many of us carry so much pain in our hearts and a show of respect from another person goes a long way to make us really happy.

And we all need to be happy. The world needs more of us happier than we currently are. No matter what situation you are in, ensure that you respect everyone that comes your way with the highest level of respect and care. Who knows where you might meet again? And since helping others means helping ourselves, respecting others definitely means respecting ourselves.

So go out there today and be of the best behavior you can be with. Care, love and respect everyone you meet. The world needs more of it. Thanks and God Bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Computer Science Students by mbz101(m): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2018
We buy and sell Bitcoin,Eth,Bch,Skrill,Payoneer,Nettteller,Paypal and other digital money

For ur online Clean E-marketing tools
Php Mailer:$15
Cp:$15
Rdp:$15
Google voice:$10
Webmail:$15
VPN No logs $30 yr

Take note as will are solution provide for accounts and credit code

Amazon aws EC2 Active (3) Accounts $75 One Account is $30

VPS Windows Server $32 Per Year

Business verified Account Payza $60

$50 aws Credits | Srise 2017 $25

Digital Ocean $50 credit code $25

bing Ads coupon 200$ worldwide $50

Tinkoff Bank wallet + verified iD+ virtual MasterCard $50

Verified USA paypal merchant account worldwide $60
Note: REQUIREMENT: you must have an active payoneer account, which is free to open.

BUSINESS Paypal Verified Account w/ Transaction History $100

Crypters & binders software MegaPack 60+ items $85

Stealth PayPal account age 2010+ Bank+card+Cookies $100

Lynda and Udemy with github account lifetime $20

payoneer.com USA GBP EUR approved account not used $45

Paxful trading account more than 50 trade and 45 positive feedbacks 0 neg $40

Premium Linkedin.com 119$/month 1 month is included $50

Windows 10 PRO x64 Pre-Activated Cracked OS iso $30

Account capitalist.net verification payment service $60

I'm legitimate business. No games please..

Contact me to place order: 08051671260
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:15am On Jul 08, 2018
Just Get Back Up
Sometimes things we planned do not go our way and we feel like it is over. We feel disappointed at ourselves for not achieving what we planned. But these moments are sometimes what makes us who we really are, our response when we are down. When you feel great, you do great stuff. Well, everyone can do that, but the most difficult is doing something great even when you are feeling down.

So it matters that you see every situation in your life as an opportunity to be great whether it be a good or a bad situation. This is because come to think of it, it could actually be worse. Whatever situation you are in, it is not your worst case scenario. So look onto the positive side and approach life with a positive attitude. Your response to any event in your life matters a lot and you would need to be hopeful and carry on with a positive attitude.

Positivism has its way of rubbing on you and the people around you. It seeks to let you know that there is something good for every situation we find ourselves. Sometimes, the worse things have to happen to open us up, sometimes we are like food, we need to be cooked to bring out the best in us. So today when you feel like you are in a difficult situation, imagine you are food being processed for something great, your greatness only comes when you reach that very high temperature. So simply approach life with enthusiasm and get back up.

The way forward is different for every person and so I do not have the solution to whatever circumstance you are facing, but the simplest thing you can do is to begin moving. Start something, the earlier you start, the better. When you start, opportunities come up, but if you remain dormant, opportunities never show up.

So all you have to do is to start back. Get back up. Begin again, never give up. It matters that you never relent, see challenges as what must happen for success to happen. Success without hard work is never really a success. Well, even with the hard work, success is never fully guaranteed. So seek God, be of your best behavior, have a positive attitude and go out there and make a difference.

Just get back up and keep moving. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2018
[i]Failure Is An Event, Not A Person
[/i]Got this quote from Zig Ziglar and it got me really thinking about how we all see failure in life. That something did not work out does not mean you cannot get things to work out. Maybe it is a path to something greater that you cannot currently understand. Life is wonderful, sweet and sometimes, unbearable, but when things get bad, remember it could be worse.

When we face challenges, remember that you are currently facing some issues that would eventually come to pass. Remember some days when you were in secondary school and you thought the day would never end due to some punishments waiting from a teacher. But looking back now, the day ended and many more days have followed. You can also look at today like that day and know that it would end sooner or later.

We can never know the outcome of every situation and as such, we have to keep going, pushing forward and becoming the best version of what we can be. It matters that you keep pushing because in the end, results only happen when you keep pushing forward. Things might not look as hopeful as you want, but they would always get better if you never relent in your effort. Never let anyone event determine how your life would end, you can always do better and be better.

Learn to ask for help. It matters that you do. In times when you are down, you need all the help you can get in the world, and simply asking sometimes is the only way to get a response. Seek God in your affairs and He would never let you down. He keeps up with whatever request we have and would always answer when we pray. So seek God and always ask for help.

Beyond asking God for help, talk to people around you. You never know who might have the solution to your problem. Sometimes, the people we least expect are the ones that would do the greatest for us. So never forget to ask around when you are in a situation. Ask for help and never give up.

In the end, the most important thing you can have is hope. Hope that everything would pass. That it is a matter of time and you would eventually get it right. You would eventually be a winner no matter what the odds are like. No one can determine the future, but when you give in your best, your best finds a place for itself in the future. Not sure how, but it would. So keep moving and keep pushing forward.

You can never give up due to failure. Assess the situation and start again. The world needs more of us to be better every day. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 9:43am On Jul 10, 2018
Who Are Your Friends?
A friend is someone who someone who seeks to always make you a better version of yourself. When you have people who continuously seek to make you a better person, never lose them. They are indeed your true friends. I have had the opportunity to have really great friends around and I want to use this opportunity to thank every one of them.

But before you begin to think of your friends as real friends, ask yourself the question if you are indeed a good friend. Never seek for what you are not. You can only have great friends when you are indeed great. Do you always seek to bring out the best in others, or simply always seek for what is comfortable for you?.

I made a great mistake these past few days and I never really took time out to consider it a big deal. But a friend took the courage to tell me what I have done. This made me realize how important our friends really are. You want to know what I did, I was driving without a license. I am not proud of at this moment and I apologize and promise to never do that again.

Looking back at this incident made me reflect on how many of our friends are currently seeing us doing something bad but they never tell us. Self-assessment is very difficult at times so it is very good when we have people that give us good feedback in time to adjust and be better. For me, I have learned from my mistakes and promise to be a better version of myself.

So before you ask “Who Are My Friends?”, answer the question “What Type Of A Friend Am I?”. Are you the type that never gets to do anything to improve others, just criticize the little others have done. Would you like that the tables are turned and you are on the other side of the friendship? You need to think deep and understand that to have good friends, you have to first be a good friend. It is important that we become better versions of ourselves before we can seek to make others better.

The world needs to become better every day and it needs all the good people it can get. So make up your mind today and go out there and be a better version of yourself. Reach out to that friend and be there for them, help them become stronger and better. In the end, we all benefit. The world needs it.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:27am On Jul 11, 2018
How To Master Anything
Have you ever seen a baby learn to walk, speak, or crawl? Something is similar to all these activities. At first, the baby sucks at doing any of these things. While learning to walk, the baby falls, while learning to speak, says gibberish, and while learning to crawl simply takes forever to take the first step or move.

But this is similar to a lot of things that happens in our lives everyday. We want to get better at something, then at first, we suck. It seems as if people that can do it are born naturally. They do such activities without stress that you begin to wonder if you do not have any brain damages. But no, it is the same for everyone. Whenever the brain wants to learn something, it takes a while to get over the learning curve. Until you cross the learning curve, everything you do would be difficult, very difficult.

But in the path to achieving mastery in any task, remember the 2Ps. That is Practice and Patience. You need to practice consistently and also be consistently patient. So in all, it matters that you are consistent. That is what you should seek first in trying to achieve anything. If you are not ready to put in the time to be consistent, no need to seek mastery. Know that the first and most important thing you must learn is to be consistent.

Because if it was easy from the beginning, everyone would have done it. Realize that great inventions were not achieved in a day. Realize that it took about 15 years before people began adopting Slice Bread. Imagine that. So even for your body, it takes a while to get used to some new process. You simply must first be willing to put in the time and energy to make it happen. No one else can make something a habit if you are not ready to put in the effort.

It matters that you realize sooner than later that the key to becoming better is to do something no matter how small consistently over time and that becomes a part of you. You do not need to make very great leaps to make progress all the time, sometimes, all you need is very little steps in the right direction. So I urge you to make a plan today that involves you taking as few steps as possible but consistently. Also, do not worry when you break along the way, the key is to get back up and keep moving. Consistency all the way.

That is the key to mastery. You must be willing to consistently practice and patiently wait. The brain takes a while to get used to a new concept, but once it does, it becomes much better. So imagine the time to learn as the effort to overcome how your brain is already wired.

No great task comes easy, no one promised you it would be easy anyway. So start today with a positive outlook on life, that you can be a better version of yourself and then put in all the time and effort you can to make that activity a success. If you do not, it would not magically happen. We need to learn and know that time passes whether we make use of them or not. So our best option is to make use of them.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2018
Are You Putting In The Very Best?
Many a time, we look back at some areas in our lives and wish things would have been better. We say to ourselves, if I had done this better, I would have excelled. But this usually is in retrospect when we cannot do anything about the situation other than to wish. This same cycle happens every day and might happen on the current task you are on now. So ask yourself the question, “Are You Putting In the Very Best?”.

We all have different answers to this question and that is fine, but one of the most important things to remember about life is that time flies and never comes back so you have to do all you have to do now or the time is gone. It would never ever come back again. That is in every aspect of our lives. So it is important that we dedicate the very best every day.

Putting in the best every day means that you know that you have done all that is humanly possible. I never said all that you can possibly do. Sometimes, setting our standard to the best we can do brings us so low. So low that we become much worse than we originally thought. So it is important today that you seek to become the very best version ever possible of you.

And when you realize you are not giving your best, ask yourself why. Is it something that you can do something about? Then go do something about it and stop being a victim. It matters that we acknowledge when we are not favored, but it is also important to learn to grow out of it, to always look at life with a positive outlook. Everything, in the end, would make sense.

So I tell you today to keep pushing. Keep moving forward and go to bed every night knowing that the best of human efforts have been expended in what you did. No excuse. Seek to rid yourself of excuses that seek to pull you into a low satisfying spectrum. Excuses should be out of the window. But even in pushing, learn to always have good rest.

Everyone needs to cool down. Even computers have cooling compartments and for humans, it is through relaxation. So keep pushing, keep moving forward and keep producing the best every day. It matters that you do. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2018
What Are Your Core Values?
A friend once said, we change gradually. Looking at the sentence makes no great meaning until you consider it properly. We might not look very different from the way we looked yesterday, but by the end of the week, we are a completely different person than the person we were on the first day of the week.

This same concept happens in other areas of our lives, including our core values. What our core values are can change over time and it is important to realize if it is changing for the good or the bad. Only when we are able to define what our core values are can we even begin to understand if they are changing or not. Start now and ask yourself what your values are because it seems we have stopped asking that question.

As such, a lot of things that are not normal seems to be normal to us now. How can you begin to imagine things that are considered barbaric in other countries still considered a norm in our country and our society. Consider the case of beating traffic, this is an act that has become so easy for everyone to break that you begin to look like the odd one out when you follow it. It has crept into our values that we can feel alright breaking laws that should never even be broken.

Someone might ask what the correlation between beating the traffic light and other values is, it is the same thing because once you feel comfortable breaking the law, it is only a matter of time before you are comfortable doing the same thing in other areas of life. This keeps going until you get to a point when you feel no remorse in doing anything bad. At that point, your values are completely gone. So there is a correlation between the small things you do everyday and to your life’s value. It is important that we seek to always consider what our values are.

It is said that we get leaders who are simply like us. And sometimes when you look closely at our dear country Nigeria, you begin to wonder how many more people would behave differently if made the leader. Very few people still remember what values even stand for and are only waiting for an opportunity to get what others have also been getting. So in the end, it is the same set of minds that are in control. Some minds simply have more opportunities but the end is still the same.

So my message to you today is to look inwards and ask what your values are. You keep hulling insults at the leaders but ask yourself how you would behave if you were in their shoes. Would you keep away from the small offenses that keep pushing you towards the greater evil. Every bad person was once a good person. They just changed gradually until it was no longer reversible.

So look into your life today and begin to realign your values. Ask questions on how you want to really live your life. It matters that we seek values that make us better so that when we have the same opportunities as our leaders, we would be different. So start today and ask yourself what your values are. Then align to them. Let not the actions of others make you into something you are not proud of.

If we do not change and become better, we would look back to these days one day in the future and see that we could have done something different. But we did not change our values and we would have to leave with that decision. In the end, you would have to either live with the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is ours and the clock is ticking.

We can live in a country that respects one another if we uphold our values and seek to only follow the right way. Seek to only employ people based on their capacities and not based on any other quota system. We can still make it work. It is a goal we can achieve. Thanks for reading and God Bless.

1 Like

Re: For Computer Science Students by Fela4ese: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
azibit:
What Are Your Core Values?
A friend once said, we change gradually. Looking at the sentence makes no great meaning until you consider it properly. We might not look very different from the way we looked yesterday, but by the end of the week, we are a completely different person than the person we were on the first day of the week.

This same concept happens in other areas of our lives, including our core values. What our core values are can change over time and it is important to realize if it is changing for the good or the bad. Only when we are able to define what our core values are can we even begin to understand if they are changing or not. Start now and ask yourself what your values are because it seems we have stopped asking that question.

As such, a lot of things that are not normal seems to be normal to us now. How can you begin to imagine things that are considered barbaric in other countries still considered a norm in our country and our society. Consider the case of beating traffic, this is an act that has become so easy for everyone to break that you begin to look like the odd one out when you follow it. It has crept into our values that we can feel alright breaking laws that should never even be broken.

Someone might ask what the correlation between beating the traffic light and other values is, it is the same thing because once you feel comfortable breaking the law, it is only a matter of time before you are comfortable doing the same thing in other areas of life. This keeps going until you get to a point when you feel no remorse in doing anything bad. At that point, your values are completely gone. So there is a correlation between the small things you do everyday and to your life’s value. It is important that we seek to always consider what our values are.

It is said that we get leaders who are simply like us. And sometimes when you look closely at our dear country Nigeria, you begin to wonder how many more people would behave differently if made the leader. Very few people still remember what values even stand for and are only waiting for an opportunity to get what others have also been getting. So in the end, it is the same set of minds that are in control. Some minds simply have more opportunities but the end is still the same.

So my message to you today is to look inwards and ask what your values are. You keep hulling insults at the leaders but ask yourself how you would behave if you were in their shoes. Would you keep away from the small offenses that keep pushing you towards the greater evil. Every bad person was once a good person. They just changed gradually until it was no longer reversible.

So look into your life today and begin to realign your values. Ask questions on how you want to really live your life. It matters that we seek values that make us better so that when we have the same opportunities as our leaders, we would be different. So start today and ask yourself what your values are. Then align to them. Let not the actions of others make you into something you are not proud of.

If we do not change and become better, we would look back to these days one day in the future and see that we could have done something different. But we did not change our values and we would have to leave with that decision. In the end, you would have to either live with the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is ours and the clock is ticking.

We can live in a country that respects one another if we uphold our values and seek to only follow the right way. Seek to only employ people based on their capacities and not based on any other quota system. We can still make it work. It is a goal we can achieve. Thanks for reading and God Bless.
nice write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
On Improving Yourself
One thing most people wish to do is to be able to improve every day. To improve sometimes is about asking the right question. If you are not improving, then it means there is something you are not doing. Then the next question is simply why you are not doing what you are supposed to be doing. Begin with that question and you would realize that sometimes not improving can be due to what you already know.

Once you discover what is blocking you, all you have to do is to remove those things. But well, this is the most difficult part of the whole story. If you could have stopped, probably you might not be reading this article, but then its tough to stop doing those things. So let’s start from here, make a plan of exactly what you have to do to improve, then start with the smallest consistent time possible. Do not try to leave your former habits all at once, sometimes they just suppress and come back more difficult.

So seek to get your former habits a time to execute. Probably as a means to appreciate yourself for abstaining. Remember to never leave the bad habit all at once. Get a schedule that incorporates your new lifestyle no matter how little. Then be consistent with it. Once you know what makes you improve and what does not, your mind begins to think more about that. So even when you do things that do not improve you, your mind kind of knows it and you know it too. So that makes you think and thinking is good.

So to improve is all about getting to know what makes you not improve and abstain from that. But you must start with what does not make you improve, that way it is easy to remove what does not make you improve. In the end, you would have to go through a tough time that only guarantees greatness in the end. But no one said it was going to be easy. No one.

So, on the path of improving yourself, expect pain of discipline because, in the end, you can choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is yours to make and the clock is ticking. Make the decision that makes you a better version of yourself. The choice that improves you so that in the end, you are immersed in actions that improve you and make you a better version of yourself.

Small things like incessant checking of the phone, surfing the internet aimlessly are some of the few places you can start from. Seek to only check your phone after some time and also surf the internet aimlessly as a way to reward yourself, but never make it part of your normal schedule. We can do it but we have to start now. The world needs us all at our best. So go out there and be your best.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2018
Can We Predict The Future?
Notice: Read with Caution
The question I ask myself every day is if we can ever predict the future. But maybe that is the wrong question to ask. A new question I ask myself is can we predict the past. What do we need to be able to predict what happened in the past? If we can indeed predict the past, then we can also predict 2 seconds from the past, 3 months from the past and probably then we can find ourselves predicting the future.

But to be able to predict anything about the world would sound impossible. The sheer number of possibilities in the world is so mind-blowing that we can just give up on knowing anything about the world. Yes, the world seems to be in chaos since one outcome somewhere can change the entire direction of the universe for eternity. Imagine what would have happened if Hitler’s parent never met. Would there have been world war 2, would 6 million Jews have died, would Israel seek to have Palestine? A lot more of these questions show how difficult it is to predict the future.

But this simply means we cannot predict because we do not have all the information about every other thing. So does it mean that if we have all the information about everything, we can be able to predict the future? Our exact and precise future. Well, the answer is only if we try. For me, I do not really seek to only find a way to predict the future, but what if we could make outstanding discoveries along the way and probably realize that the world was just a fractal pattern. Something that keeps repeating itself over time.

So we might not have to study all of humanity to be able to predict the future, but be able to study just about a small part of it and then the small part replicates itself into the big world that we have today. In essence, they say history repeats itself and all you have to do is to learn from it so that you do not repeat it. Probably by learning from it, you have just learned a different part of itself and as such also repeats itself.

When you look at it, a certain set of people would always behave the same way. So in essence, people repeat a lot of the things they do and as such, might just have been a pattern all along. Could it be possible that someone understands your everyday pattern that they can repeat exactly what you are going to do? When we can have that, and have it for everything on earth, then we can begin to move towards predicting the future.

We can predict the future since we can predict what happened in the past with a great level of accuracy. The past would repeat itself in the future if the same exact things happen again. So in essence, we might not really need to bother about learning so much about the future as much as learn more about the past. In the end, the past and the future are just a fragment of time.

In the end, the world is all about patterns and all we can do to predict it is to understand the pattern so well that we can repeat it. For me, this would be the greatest achievement in the world if we are able to predict even a second into the future.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2018
Fail Fast Or Win Fast
In life, we want to make the safest decision every time and as such, we try as much as possible to consider all the options that we have before making any decision. This is fine, but we sometimes wait too long and this is bad. It is important that we make decisions wisely, but to also make them as fast as we can.

Take life as a school where you can only get better with more practice, if you fail to take enough practice, you might just end up thinking you know something, but a simple example would floor you. Same as life, we are all practicing and it is important that we sometimes give up the fear and move on. No one can ever tell what the outcome would be, so try the best that is humanly possible, then make the decision and move on.

Spending too much time on making a decision is not a guarantee to make the best decision and also spending too little time is not. Realize that other factors also play a role in making decisions. So seek to find what those other factors in your decision are and stop focusing only on getting more time.

One other way to really make very good decisions and move on is to surround yourself with people you really look up to. Seek their advice on the matter and try to conclude as soon as you can. Many dreams are still in the waiting room waiting for the owners of the dreams to make up their minds. Not very sure what would happen, make the mistake and fail fast. When you fail, you get to learn that one more method does not work, and you have one less path to worry about.

Essentially, it matters that we consider our options before taking any decision, but never stay too long trying to make a decision. No one really knows the outcome and you would have to try before you find out. In the end, it is important that you realize that failure does not define who you are, it is just an event that happens even to the best of us. So look at the case closely, make a decision and move on.

If it is a bad decision, you learn from it. Then you never have to make the same mistake again. If it is a good decision, you have won and you have more time to do some other things. If you make so many bad decisions, you eventually would be left with making good decisions, and if you make good decisions quite enough, it means you have improved.

So it matters that we consider our decisions properly but never remain in a fix about making a decision. Make that decision today and move on. Learn from it and keep going. The goal is to fail as fast as you can, learn from your failure, and get better. So that you can make better decisions tomorrow.

Start now, consider your options. Make a decision, fail fast or win fast. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by MrJavaS: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2018

3 Likes

Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2018
MrJavaS:
As a computer science student,I have come to realize that the course is very lucrative but extremely underestimated by many people.

However,I think CS is as lucrative if not more than the likes of medicine and surgery.The educational system of this country doesn't really pay attention to skills.Innovation is not encouraged and everything depends on garbage in garbage out.

I have seen CS students that cannot even operate computers,talk less of building static websites (HTML and CSS).Why the hell should we continue to remain average and still complain about the unemployment in this country?

The truth is that we all need to sit up and improve our skills.We have very few people who can actually write really good code.I think we all need to improve our skills and stop wasting time on unnecessary activities.

Wow, what a fantastic suggestion. Cannot present this any better than you have done. Keep up the good work boss.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2018
Just Do Something
Been on my computer for the past 30 minutes thinking of what to write about. And it got me thinking on how sometimes we sit there waiting for a spark of inspiration to light up our day when we already have all we need to get started. It sometimes does not come as a magical moment, all you have to do is to start something and eventually, you would get somewhere.

This has really got me thinking in areas where I am still waiting for something to happen. It could have indeed already happened if I stopped waiting and simply go for it. It matters that we stop waiting for the wonderful opportunity and simply step out and do something. Just doing something most of the time would take you from where to are to somewhere else and when you do a little more, you would realize that you are finally where you wanted to be all along.

Life does not always appear as we picture it in the movies but we can do something towards making it happen. So I speak to you reading this today while waiting for that wonderful opportunity to step up and get out there. Just do something and in the end, it would matter. It would matter that you never allowed yourself to remain in one place at all times. It matters that you keep pushing and keep moving forward.

But be careful to know when you need to not only be putting in strength but also applying wisdom. It matters that you are not in one place, but once in motion, learn not only to apply strength but to learn to apply wisdom in all that you are doing. In the end, it would make sense that we did not simply sit and wait for the opportunity to come to us. We stepped out towards the opportunity and by God’s grace, we got it.

Never despair in what God has in place for you, but also learn that you need to put in the effort before anything comes out. You need to put in the time and not sit there waiting for the wonderful opportunity to come. You have to go get it. Start now and have a blessed day ahead of you.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
Experience Life Differently
I recently met two people who experienced the same thing at some point in life. In the end, they came out as different people. When you meet both of them, they are experienced in what they have encountered, but you see two different people coming out of the same experience. I wondered to myself what the cause of the difference was, and then it dawned on me.

We cannot determine how life would go with us, so the only thing we can do is to determine how we are going to approach everything in life. Something that we can control is how we feel, so all we have to do is to set our feelings right and ensure that no matter what happens, we continue to give in only the best that we can ever give.

People say I have experienced a lot which is why who I am today. Sometimes, I simply say what you have experienced was just bringing out who you really are, not really changing you into something else. So the next time you want to say you became what you are because of your experience, remember what you experienced was simply unearthing what really was inside of you.

Why I believe this to be true is that when two people face the same condition, they usually do not come out as the same people. If the experience was really what made one person, why did it not make the other person? So I speak to you today to experience life differently, having the highest level of love and optimism that you can ever have. It matters that we have a great feeling about life because in the end, the experiences we encounter just bring out the real us.

So seek today to look at life differently even when things are not going the way you planned. Someone else could go through the same condition you are in and become better than what you would end up becoming, find what that person would do and take a similar path. In the end, it matters that we create a better mindset and feeling about what happens in our environment, because we sometimes think our environment change us, but no, we are simply being refined by our environment into what we really are. We just never found the right condition to be that.

So begin today to look at life from the good side and realize that whatever condition you are currently in does not determine who you would be, your response to the experience is all that matters. Seek God, find how you can be better and go for that. Remember, we can never undervalue the impact of the environment and our conditions, but in the end, our reactions win.

Go out there and win over your situation. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2018
What Is Your Greatest Strength?
We face challenges every day and it sometimes weighs us down. We are so down that we sometimes feel it is not possible to proceed. However, the only thing I have realized is that no matter how good we become in anything we do, challenges would still come. It seems as if challenges have been wired into almost any task we want to embark on.

Probably challenges are what makes the distinction between the good and the bad guys. Was just wondering if everything was easy, everyone would have done it and it probably would not have made sense. So it matters that challenges are present to separate the good from the bad. So when you face challenges, realize that it is a process to determine whether you are among the good or the bad guys.

When you face challenges, look at where your strengths are and focus on that. The more we focus on the areas we cannot control, the more we seem to lose control of the situation. But when we focus on our strengths, the weakness, in the end, becomes so little that it does not matter anymore. What you focus on materializes. That is the key.

So if you want greatness to manifest in you, focus on the areas where you can achieve greatness. No matter how much we complain about our situation, someone is thriving in that situation. So it means again that the situation is not the most determinant factor. Our focus is.

So ask yourself today what your strength is and focus on it. It would not be easy, realize that the challenges are what makes you stronger and better. So look to challenges as a way to find out what your strengths are. Look at your focus and never look back. Focus on your strengths.

Ask yourself today what your strengths are and follow it. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
The Little Things Matter
Sometimes we seek to find very big moments to be happy but it is the little things around us that make all the difference. The little smile your friend smiles at you, the little calls you receive from your parents and a whole lot more. All these, in the end, add up to make up for some of the most wonderful experiences we have in life.

So look around you today and be grateful for all that you have. Realize that some of the few things you undervalue are what someone somewhere is seeking. The peace you are currently enjoying is what some countries cannot wait to have. The salty food you are trying to pass down your throat is what someone else is praying for.

Look around and be grateful for the little things because we sometimes value them only when they are gone. The air you are able to breathe, the family you are able to call your own. Love and appreciate all that you have now before they are gone forever. Look at life from a positive angle and enjoy all that you have. Someone somewhere is seeking for what you have.

Have a blessed night. Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 6:38am On Jul 21, 2018
You Have To Keep Pushing
The world is like riding a bicycle. To keep moving, you have to keep pushing. It is not enough that you exerted effort yesterday. Yesterday is gone and to continue to remain on that bicycle, you need to put in a new effort as if you did not put in any effort yesterday. So when you want to relax because you have given in so much effort, remember that you are relaxing only for a while and you would need to get back into the game as soon as possible.

Also when you fall off the bicycle, you do not sit there complaining. Because complaining does not move you any further. So when you fall in life, remember that falling is temporary unless you make it permanent. Remember you can rise as fast as you fall if you do not remain in the same spot. So many relationships between life and riding a bicycle. At some point, you cannot even ride the bicycle. Now you are in charge.

So remember that it takes a while to get used to some things in life and that is fine. So while you are still falling, remember that to achieve your goals, you need to keep pushing until the finish line. And for you, there is no finish line, you finish one round only to be greeted by another round. So keep going, keep pushing and remember that you are on a bicycle. Your position on the bicycle depends on if you keep moving or give up.

And sometimes, all you need to do is to get a better bicycle. So do not focus only on exerting effort. Sometimes you need to check your bicycle and determine if you are on the right bicycle and if the bicycle has all you need. Sometimes, it is not all about the effort, it is about the medium. So consider both while trying to achieve anything in life. It matters that we never give up and keep pushing because we all do not know what the future holds.

All we can do is to try out something and hope the future spans that way. So start now, continue on that task you wanted to give up on or start that task you have always procrastinated on. The time is now.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:53am On Jul 21, 2018
Be part of the Internet Youth Forum in Paris this November for an all funded event
http://www.opportunitydesk.org/2018/07/04/internet-society-youthigf-program-2018/
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 6:49am On Jul 22, 2018
The Dots Will Connect
Life sometimes seems like chaos and things happen that we cannot understand. Things happen that it seems as if it were all random, but you know what, they are not. The events in your life are not random but have been planned by the best of planners. All you need to do is to be as prayerful as you can be and put in the efforts possible.

Because when you look back, in the end, the dots do indeed connect. And that event that you do not think would lead you anywhere might be leading you to the partner of your life. That school that you do not want to attend might be teaching you something that you would need in another part of your life.

Events that happened to great people when looked in isolation sometimes do not make sense. But in the end, they are forever grateful for that single event that has changed their lives and their loved ones forever. So whatever happens today, know that it is part of the dots and that in the end, the events would all make sense and you would be happy it did happen.

All you need is to pray, put in the best possible, and always seek the positive side of things. It matters that you do because when these events happen, the positive side is not always obvious. But with more time and effort, the positive side becomes so obvious that you wonder why you did not see it earlier. You can only connect the dots when you keep going and keep pushing.

So continue to seek to connect the dots every day and as such, continue to seek God, be the best possible, and seek for the positive side. In the end, the dots would connect. Have a blessed day.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 6:50am On Jul 23, 2018
It Is Not Random
The more I learn about machines, the more I realize that things can never be random. Started learning how machines can be made intelligent sometimes ago and all I could imagine was how we became intelligent. If science keeps saying that we simply evolved over time as if time simply creates new possibilities, then we must have a rethink. Nothing is random.

If it would take science years to come up with a very abstract model of the brain, then it means that we have to begin to accept that there is indeed a creator for everything on earth. If there is indeed a creator for everything on earth, then nothing really is random. When we do not understand, it seems random, but when we do understand, we see the patterns and understand that everything that happens is never a coincidence, it was all planned to be the way it is by the best of planners.

So look around you today and appreciate the wonderful favors God has bestowed upon you and realize that everything around you is not random and that God has a plan. All we have to do is to put in our best and seek God’s favor in all our affairs. It is important that we seek God in all our affairs and to understand that everything happens according to God’s plan and nothing, in the end, was just random.

So seek God today as you begin all your affairs. Thank God for the life that you have been bestowed with and seek God’s protection and guidance. In the end, nothing is random. So we should behave as if there is a creator because there is indeed a creator.

Thanks and God Bless
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 6:41am On Jul 24, 2018
Define Your Limits, Then Break Them
We look at something and we say this is impossible, then another person looks at it and says it is possible. You ask yourself what the difference between these two people are, and more time than none, it is about the belief not only about having the ability at the time to solve that problem. The person who says it is possible has only removed any limitations from his imagination and when that happens, limits become limitless.

So ask yourself today what your limits are. Have you ever told yourself that some things are not possible and that it is not in your place to make it happen? That all you can do is to sit and complain about why some things are not the way they are supposed to be. Then I ask you, for how long would you continue to complain and wish that everything was right.

Things do not just fall into place. You need to put in some effort to make it really happen. So ask yourself what is stopping you from putting in more effort and thought into making that action a possibility. It is important that we have the right answers, but sometimes, no one has all the answers and for those who do have some answers, they had to put in the effort and thought to get it. Why would you want your case to be different?

What your limits are would limit every aspect of your life and as long as you are confined by your limits, you would never be able to achieve those goals you have been imagining. And time flies so fast that you wonder where they went if you do not use them wisely. So ask yourself what the limits are and go out there to break them.

Understanding your limits and going out there to break them elevates your thoughts in a lot of areas. When you break your limit in one part of life, it makes you realize that it is possible to break the limits in other areas of your life. And when you break one limit, and the next, and the next, you are on your way. And you can start today.

Ask yourself about some of the limits you have created for yourself. Limits that would reduce your chances of achieving that goal. Then set out to break them one at a time. When you do, you realize it was never as tough as you imagined. It was all about your imagination and the more you can create and execute better imaginations, the better for you in achieving the great dreams and goals you have.

Life does not always go as planned and as such, we should learn to know that not everything always works out as planned. That in trying to break your limits, that you might not have the results you anticipated, but that is okay. Remember, nothing is ever really random. There is a higher plan. So keep pushing and keep moving forward. Limits are in our imaginations. Break them, break free and achieve your goals in life. And remember to always seek God on your path to breaking your limits.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: For Computer Science Students by azibit: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2018
Be Your Own Motivator
We love to have people who push us to become better versions of ourselves, but sometimes those people are not around and all you have to do is to be that person for yourself. Be that person to tell yourself that you would never limit yourself and that you would keep pushing to attain greater heights. It is better and easier when you have people who push you, but sometimes, you do not get it and you become that person.

So look around today and ensure that you place yourself in a company of people who push you forward every day. But when you cannot find, you have to be that person for yourself and be that person for the people around you. It is important that we keep growing and becoming better every day, but sometimes, it just does not come easy and when it gets tough, you get tougher.

I realize that a lot of us would really do much more than we are doing if we had people who encouraged us and pushed us forward. But sometimes, those people are also busy becoming better versions of themselves and might not have all the time to attend to you. So it is in this time that you also look inward and seek for a path to forge ahead.

It is important that we realize that not everything would make sense now. The dots would look too far apart, but someday, the relationship between the dots would be clearer than you ever imagined. Things would fall into place, but before then, you have to realize that you have to sort some of the issues out yourself while you hope to find someone to help keep pushing you forward.

In the end, it matters that we become our own motivators, our own mentors, and supporters. That you might not get that from people now and that is okay. Everyone is busy with one thing or the other and it is important that we look inward and seek greatness. The world can be better and we can also be better. But for now, we would have to go in all alone.

Start now. Start today. Look inward. Encourage yourself, motivate yourself and keep moving forward. In the end, the pattern would show itself and it would all make sense.

Thanks and God Bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Differences Between High & Low Level Languages? / Python Programming / Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.