Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

10 Vital SEO Steps To Take Before Publishing A Post - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Vital SEO Steps To Take Before Publishing A Post (577 Views)

5 Must Do SEO Practice Before Publishing Your New Post / 7 Things To Do After Publishing A New Blog Post / 5 Things To Do After Publishing A New Post On Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Vital SEO Steps To Take Before Publishing A Post by princebrainlord(m): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2016
I know you just finished writing a killer article with lots of qualities, fresh ideas and engaging points which will interest your readers and you think after all the Researchs and Proofreading, it's time to hit the publish button. I think you should wait a little and read this!!

Many bloggers makes this little mistakes and later on their called quality contents doesn't drive huge traffic they expected to their blog, they start thinking, is something wrong somewhere? Why is my article having a low click through rate in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) ? Am I missing something? Of course you are. Their are some vital SEO steps to take before publishing a post you are missing out on.

Driving huge traffic to your blog from search engines doesn't only depends on writing a unique/rich contents, it solely depend on how attractive your article title and description is. If he likes what he see, trust me he is going to check it out.

How can I make my content attractive? Below I have decided to put up 10 vital SEO steps to take before publishing a post.

1. A Killer Post Title
70% faith of your blog been clicked in SERP is on your blog posts title. It doesn't matter how good and unique your contents or the rank of your post in Search Results, if your title fails to impress the user, trust me visitots will never click.

2. Optimize Your URLs
URLs play a very important role in SEO also. It is a must that you optimize your posts URL so that visitors can see what your article is about mere looking at the URL. Search Engines pays attention urls because it helps their bots to easily understand your content. Next time you before you publish an article make sure you edit your URL and add some important keywords to it, mainly your post title.

3. A Flawless Intro
Beginning an article with an amazing introduction will make your readers have more interest in what you want to offer. Your first paragraph must contain a unique intro and you must give your readers a little hint on what you are writing. Below is a few hints for writing a good intro.

***Starting with Questions***
*** Tell a little story of your experience ***
*** Begin with an amazing quote***
*** Try to feel what your readers are going through, then write***

4. Add Beautiful Visuals (Images)
Using lots of images in your blog posts is a good way to increase interest, excitement and creativity. You just finished writing that great article, don't forget to add some cool photos that will make readers understand your article more. Take note, always rename your images relating with the information shown in the picture.
Avoid using an image with the name: Screenshots215.png, instead, you can rename the image name to : how-to-create-a-blog.png.

5. Use Your Keywords in Image Name, Alt tag and Title tags
As I have said above that images increases attention, interest and excitement, but is that all it does? No you can make them do more by adding Alt tag and Title tag attribute. Thousands of images are shown everyday on SERP each time someone search for a query. Alt tag and title tags are the things that makes google index your images and show them on Search results. In short, they are just a short description of your images.

6. Add Meta Description To Each Post.
Meta description is a brief insight of what your content is about. This improves crawling rate as well. This option is located at the left side of your post section, just below the option tab. Apart from the overall Meta Description, you can still add Meta description to each post.

7. Link to Older or Related Posts
Before publishing a post, always try to link back to other related content you have written as this makes it easier for your readers to understand more and it is also a Pageview Propeller. As a blogger you should use this method to make your readers stay more longer on your blog. If your new article contains some keywords you have written a post on, you can interlink them together. Search engines also finds it very easy to crawl your contents by linking to older articles. Make interlinking to older posts a must before clicking the publish button.

8. Easy and Simple Article Layout

What will you do if you come across an article of just 500words with no paragraph, heading and words highlighted in bold? Am sure you will lose interest immediately. Before writing an article, have a plan on how you want your contents to go.
Don't just write in Plain text, make use of paragraphs, bolds, underline and headings.

9. Proofread your Article
We are always in a hurry to complete a post therefore we don't check for errors at first. It's a must you review and proof read your blog post before clicking the publish button. There are tons of online editing and proofreading services out there but some of them only look for errors in yours spellings not in grammatical errors. So I advise you read your content over and over again before publishing.

10. Unique Conclusion
After implementing all the above steps, your conclusion is the last chance you have to make your readers drop feedbacks and revisit the Next day, so don't spoil it. You should always conclude your article will a powerful sentence, which will contain your main title and a brief summary of your content in just few words. Ending an article with questions seems to be the best way to make visitors comment.

Final words :If you have not been doing some or all of the 10 vital SEO steps to make before publishing a post, it's time you start implementing them it your posts right away.

Am I missing a step out? What do you think about this vital SEO steps? Are the worth doing?

Source: http://www.fancybloggertricks.com/2016/11/10-vital-seo-steps-to-take-before-publishing-a-post.html
Re: 10 Vital SEO Steps To Take Before Publishing A Post by Unsad(m): 7:05am On Nov 05, 2016
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Vital SEO Steps To Take Before Publishing A Post by princebrainlord(m): 7:08am On Nov 05, 2016
Unsad:
Thanks
You are welcome
Re: 10 Vital SEO Steps To Take Before Publishing A Post by Blessynokoro: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Cheap Windows VPS Here.. / . / Infolinks Account Or Media.net Needed With Approved Domain Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.