Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use (979 Views)

Download All Phone Number Generator, Imei Tweaking And Bb Imei Gen. For Pc / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / I Can Use Vb.net Perfectly But Pls How Can I Write A Phone Application With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Oct 29, 2009
Working on a project that requires extensive testing and I have had to spend so much time creating data for testing purposes and sample runs. Used to be able to do this with a tool which I no longer have access to. Does anyone out there have a simple Data Generator/application/script that would work with MS SQL and MS SQL Tables, recognize and generate for IMAGE, UNiqueidentifier types, BLOBS and also help in generating as much data as needed? Please feel free to share. Thanks!
Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by sweetpawn2: 12:22am On Oct 30, 2009
One would have thought that with all the popularity that facebook has, they would be the No.1 site in the planet . .
But no its not! Who is? GOGGLE!
And do you know why? Cos you can find ANYTHING you want with it!
So KoboJunkie, ask GOGGLE, and it WILL be given unto you. For real dude!
Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Oct 30, 2009
I have searched through google for a FREE Data Generator and still come up with nil. I have tried a couple but with no success. Either it supports limited types or does not work with MS SQL or the version I have. I have installed and uninstalled a lot of crap and would like developers out there who have and know of tools that actually work, and would not mind sharing info on it with me, to help out with information. So if you don't have any information on a FREE Data Generator that works, no need posting at all.
Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by logica(m): 3:10am On Oct 30, 2009
I think this is one of those situations when you won't be reinventing the wheel by writing your own (especially since you know exactly what you need). That's what I would do anyway.
Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by sweetpawn2: 8:06am On Oct 30, 2009
Okay man,
If one might ask, what happened to D.G that you were using?
Again, if one might ask, since you found stuff that worked with other ms sql versions,couldnt you switch to the D.B that worked?

@logica
Now that would not be a bad idea dude.
Afterall a programmer like us made the software!

1 Like

Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2009
Don't worry about the ones I have tried please. Focus on providing me data on those you know of that fit the criteria above. Even if you have a script written that does it for you and you are confident it will work in my case, please feel free to extend that to me as I am in dire need of clean Data generator that would put less jargons in, handle each type appropriately and allow me define sufficient number of rules to generate the data I want.
Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by dammytosh: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2009
@Kobojunkie,

If you use visual studio team system with Team system database and test edition to create your database as a project in visual studio, it can generate test data for you.

I hope that helps.
Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2009
I don't own those at all. If there is some addin to professional or ssms that would do similar job that you know off and have tested, do let me know of it. I am getting jargons in my tables and I am not too impressed. Plus some of the types are not recognized and that just breaks the script all over the place.
Re: Help : Anyone Have A Free Data Generator Tool I Can Use by Ajibade123(m): 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Working on a project that requires extensive testing and I have had to spend so much time creating data for testing purposes and sample runs. Used to be able to do this with a tool which I no longer have access to. Does anyone out there have a simple Data Generator/application/script that would work with MS SQL and MS SQL Tables, recognize and generate for IMAGE, UNiqueidentifier types, BLOBS and also help in generating as much data as needed? Please feel free to share. Thanks!
programming must be really hard this time o
Never could thought you could be a senior developer years ago with this your current weird ideologies grin
Kobojunkie:

(1) (Reply)

Learning Web Designing And Web Developing Free | What I Did / HIIT Train Alongside A Friend Promo / Fundamental of Machine Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.