Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession (12184 Views)

God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Pastors And Controversies...kumuyi's Example / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Spuggie: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

To make heaven of course requires absolute obedience to Gods word which includes tithing, without making unnecessary excuses like you're doing now.

You said God did not ask you to pay tithe and you want to make heaven...funny

Kindly answer this question..which book of law says its a man who should provide for his family and not a woman? I'm awaiting your answer

I am interested in knowing the relevance of Deuteronomy 14 :22 -29 in this tithing scheme. I want to believe after obeying Malachi 3: 10, Deuteronomy 14 : 22 - 29 should kick in. the bible is pretty clear on what to do with your tithe. but then again, that is old testament. Luckily, Christ has died for us and He is the the ultimate sacrifice and there is no need to tithe or offer burnt sacrifices. if u choose to pay tithe, do it properly. Deuteronomy 14: 22 - 29 tells us how to go about it. there is no ambiguity.
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by 3sexy: 4:49am On Nov 07, 2016
dalass:

You will never see a Moslem trash their Imams this way despite all the mannerisms in which they collect from their peeps who do it with joy.... its not by force.. keep your money including tithe n shut up..

Pastor spotted !

Repent !!!
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by AreaFada2: 4:55am On Nov 07, 2016
INTROVERT:

At least I gave you three bible passages on new testament and tithing and you can't even give one ... Hnmmm I just wonder.

In the old testament, that's before Jesus came and died, the Jews were commanded to give 1/10, offer burnt offerings and bring their first fruits and the high priest would pray for them. Deut12: 5-6, 11-13 . however our high priest now is Jesus and there is no need for that because Jesus never did it, Hus disciples never did it, the apostles never did it nor have I seen an example after Christ died of Christians doing it. Please I ask again show me a reference in the new testament that implores Christians on paying tithe. Luke 6:38, 1cor 16:1-2, 2cor 8:6-9

Abeg stop wasting your time. You know Radicallyblunt has no Biblical instruction in support of modern day tithe to refer you to.

From his replies, he has even dismissed your Bible verses that God does not need them. He's even God's media spokesman now.
Like most of these pastor followers, he's not really interested in the Bible directly, but in what the pastor interprets it to be.

He even equates such an important doctrinal matter to a man who's not a farmer giving his wife money to go to the market. That shows his scriptural shallowness and failure to appreciate the magnitude of such false practice.

The mistake many still make is to believe that in Biblical times, everybody was a farmer. Most were but some were traders, tent-makers (like Paul), physicians, lawyer equivalent, writers, and civil servants in Roman bureaucracy in Jesus time for example. etc. If non-farmers then were not required to tithe in cash, why is it the practice now?

The idea of "na where man dey work, na dia e go chop" does not wash. We have no more Levites in modern Christianity once Jesus died & resurrected.

Church members can support the ministry willingly but not under duress, threat of damnation & wrath of God. That is plain wrong..

2 Likes

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 07, 2016
AreaFada2:

Abeg stop wasting your time. You know Radicallyblunt has no Biblical instruction in support of modern day tithe to refer you to.

From his replies, he has even dismissed your Bible verses that God does not need them. He's even God's media spokesman now.
Like most of these pastor followers, he's not really interested in the Bible directly, but in what the pastor interprets it to be.

He even equate such an important doctrinal matter to a man who's not a farmer giving his wife money to go to the market. That shows his scriptural shallowness and failure to appreciate the magnitude of such false practice.

The mistake many still make is to believe that in Biblical times, everybody was a farmer. Most were but some were traders, tent-makers (like Paul), physicians, lawyer equivalent, writers, and civil servants in Roman bureaucracy in Jesus time for example. etc. If non-farmers then were not required to tithe in cash, why is it the practice now?

The idea of "na where man dey work, na dia e go chop" does not wash. We have no more Levites in modern Christianity once Jesus died & resurrected.

Church members can support the ministry willingly but not under duress, threat of damnation & wrath of God. That is pla
What is it with you these young and inexperienced nairalanders sef. Keep your thought

Scriptural show off on NL isnt devotion to God..I think that's simple enough to understand

I'll d rather obey God by common sense than quote scriptures against doing Gods wish. Afterall that's what the so called modern day christians like you and aethist do...you apply common sense or don't you anymore?

BTW I'm not a religious fanatic, if I was I would be in church while replying all of these yesterday. I'm just myself who obey Gods word and not pastor's word. Its God who made it clear for me to tithe not pastor.

Im a fan or follower of no pastor...in fact I've been deceived by pastor before. Perhaps that's why my defence is strong...I've been thru it and my obedience to God isnt shaky inspite of that. Im not a kid and i obey no pastor and I made it clear in my first post

Tithing and helping the needy around me are 2 major things I don't joke with both of which I do in obedience to God's word...its not pastor that asked me to do it

If I had not been getting blessed for tithing I would hold God responsible not pastor. Because what God commanded me in mal3:10 is to bring my tithe and not to judge the pastor and he promised to bless me for just that simple obedience. If the pastor uses d money for his selfish interest...thats his business. My returns is not from him and he's not the one to bless me. My blessing comes from obeying my part and that's what I hold God for. Tithing is not trade by barter. I can't pay tithe and expect the pastor to pay me back.

You can hold on to ur belief Mr modern day christian
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by troy20(m): 8:20am On Nov 07, 2016
Babzilla:

Yes I will
But I listened live when pastor chris of BLW said you ought not to divert that tithe to the poor and hungry.that it belongs to God alone
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 07, 2016
troy20:

But I listened live when pastor chris of BLW said you ought not to divert that tithe to the poor and hungry.that it belongs to God alone
I worship God not pastor chris
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by AreaFada2: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

What is it with you these young and inexperienced nairalanders sef. Keep your thought

Scriptural show off on NL isnt devotion to God..I think that's simple enough to understand

I'll d rather obey God by common sense than quote scriptures against doing Gods wish. Afterall that's what the so called modern day christians like you and aethist do...you apply common sense or don't you anymore?

BTW I'm not a religious fanatic, if I was I would be in church while replying all of these yesterday. I'm just myself who obey Gods word and not pastor's word. Its God who made it clear for me to tithe not pastor.

Im a fan or follower of no pastor...in fact I've been deceived by pastor before. Perhaps that's why my defence is strong...I've been thru it and my obedience to God isnt shaky inspite of that. Im not a kid and i obey no pastor and I made it clear in my first post

Tithing and helping the needy around me are 2 major things I don't joke with both of which I do in obedience to God's word...its not pastor that asked me to do it

If I had not been getting blessed for tithing I would hold God responsible not pastor. Because what God commanded me in mal3:10 is to bring my tithe and not to judge the pastor and he promised to bless me for just that simple obedience. If the pastor uses d money for his selfish interest...thats his business. My returns is not from him and he's not the one to bless me. My blessing comes from obeying my part and that's what I hold God for. Tithing is not trade by barter. I can't pay tithe and expect the pastor to pay me back.

You can hold on to ur belief Mr modern day christian

To begin with, you do not know my experience. I was preaching in the streets probably before you were even born. When it was not about money or daddy G.O this and that. I returned to Western church when pentecostal church became money business. At least whatever the flaws there, it is not a deliberate bazaar.

The same Bible advises you to beware of false prophets. You pick one or two verses and you claim to be experienced. If you call all those who do not believe in profiteering from Christianity atheists, fine.

Getting blessed for paying money gotten from you under false pretense? In a desecrated house of God? You are really gullible.

Fact is tithes in modern Christianity are not biblical. Although I know that the failed education system won't let you under " modern" in religious context.

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2016
AreaFada2:

To begin with, you do not know my experience. I was preaching in the streets probably before you were even born. When it was not about money or daddy G.O this and that. I returned to Western church when pentecostal church became money business. At least whatever the flaws there, it is not a deliberate bazaar.

The same Bible advises you to beware of false prophets. You pick one or two verses and you claim to be experienced. If you call all those who do not believe in profiteering from Christianity atheists, fine.

Getting blessed for paying money gotten from you under false pretense? In a desecrated house of God? You are really gullible.

Fact is tithes in modern Christianity are not biblical. Although I know that the failed education system won't let you under " modern" in religious context.
Soothe yourself. Its your life.

My stand remains what is. Pretense pastor or no pretense pastor, I obey God on tithe not pastor. God is d judge over pastor not me.

I don't know what ur g.o palava is about. U will stand judged before the almighty. Everyone will.
Re: Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession by miketayo(m): 10:43am On Nov 07, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Ok so u believe God created the man stronger so he has the responsibility of providing for his home. Well that answer is good enough at least u believe in the creation story of the old testament

The same old testament stated...bring all tithes into my house that there may be food in my storehouse

You probably chose the part of the bible that soothes ur pleasure and leave inconvenient ones

i didnt say i dont blive in the old testament

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christian Elders Forum Reliving Don Quixote – Muric / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists / Why Do You Attend Your Present Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.