Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? (9255 Views)

What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean / Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2019 For Trade And Non-Trades Men/Women / I'm Figures Phobia! Can I Work In A Bank Without Necessarily Counting Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by MercyLady3: 11:33am On Nov 06, 2016
Does "jack of all trades" necessarily mean master of none?
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 07, 2016
op truth be said I am currently in such situation the truth is dere is notin I can't do, physical work, smart thinking and all other things but sincerely I don't even knw what I can do for a living,I can't discover ma talent dats cos I knw I can do anything and I can't seem to develop on one talent dats cos I have much so truly jack of all trade is master of non.......I hope u understand

wait oh FTC tins o,since 2011 oya were d price?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by sashash(m): 2:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Not necessarily having an idea about evrything helps in some kind of biz
MercyLady3:
Does "jack of all trades" necessarily mean master of none?

4 Likes

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by MercyLady3: 2:58am On Nov 19, 2016
sashash:
Not necessarily having an idea about evrything helps in some kind of biz

How do we handle people who are quick to say "Jack of all trade..." ?
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Iolo(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2016
Polymath.

That's the correct term for such people who are jack of all trades and master of many areas.

An example is leonardo da Vinci who was not only famous for his painting skills but excelled as an anatomist and astronomer.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by brainbox1000(m): 7:02am On Nov 19, 2016
Let me think... grin
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Juliaann(f): 7:04am On Nov 19, 2016
If you ask me na who I go ask? smiley
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Tahtah: 7:04am On Nov 19, 2016
A cyclist cycles for x hours at 12km/hour and y hours at 18km/hour. Altogether she cycles 78km in 5hours. Find x and y

2 Likes

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Unsad(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2016
Absolutely not. I can be a professional DJ ; with that I can be a music producer , I can be a singer. Jack of all trades i's used for people who are extraordinarily talented and can multitask

1 Like

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by lymelyte(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2016
Is anyone experiencing longer day and shorter night in Lagos? I have for the past 2days but I don't know if anyone is!
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by beautycrush24(f): 7:07am On Nov 19, 2016
MercyLady3:

How do we handle people who are quick to say "Jack of all trade..." ?
Tell them to go google the word 'polymath'

1 Like

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Okaakoko(m): 7:07am On Nov 19, 2016
it's better than Jack of no trade

4 Likes

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by freecocoa(f): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2016
I think not.

I may be skilled at a lot of things but an expert in one or even some.

2 Likes

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by PietroRico(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2016
A jack of all trades is a master of none. This saying got cut short and originally said “A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.” Unlike what our version would lead you to believe, having multiple interests but not being an expert in anything could actually prove advantageous.

Hope this helps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Chukazu: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2016
what goes for me is "jack of all trades,master of ONE"
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Sezua(m): 7:09am On Nov 19, 2016
Jack of all trade, master of all that's me.

1 Like

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Princelegacylemoha(m): 7:11am On Nov 19, 2016
Nice Topic OP.
it doesn't necessarily means master of none.
The Human Brain is capable to Do lot of work .
It can Acquire Also lots of knowledge.
Basically is always cool , whatever you learning , you focus truly on it and learn it very well.
Been an Architect , A pianist , A guitarist, A carpenter, a forex trader and slight knowledge in some lots of things , doesn't make me a master of none.
"Jack of All Trade , Knowledge of All"
WE HUMANS ARE MULTI-TALENTED CREATURES.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by freesinzu(m): 7:11am On Nov 19, 2016
It does, venturing in too many business limits you from getting to that almost perfect stage, its just like some one that has stayed in a place for thirty years and someone that has been everywhere withing thirty years, the earlier is limited to his area se he knows everwhere while the latter might just be lucky to know a few key spots.

1 Like

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Chukazu: 7:11am On Nov 19, 2016
lymelyte:
Is anyone experiencing longer day and shorter night in Lagos? I have for the past 2days but I don't know if anyone is!

you just noticed?
well it has been so for more than a month now

3 Likes

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by henryobinna(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2016
in my opinion diversity is not bad...

does your pc not recognise your android? here's a solution for you http://www.legitstuffs.com/2016/11/how-fix-windows-unable-detect-android-problem.html
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by sakalisis(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2016
Not necessarily
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by flyca: 7:14am On Nov 19, 2016
Not necessarily
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by rawpadgin(m): 7:16am On Nov 19, 2016
n
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by dreezybines: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Nope...

There are some people who're truly blessed with various talents...

I know of a bro in school, who play saxophone(all types),guitar, bass guitar, drumset, talking drum,keyboard, piano,trumpet, violin,clarinet and the guy is a master in all this instrument I mentioned...
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by PhatBG(m): 7:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Nothing could be more further from the truth.

Check my signature.
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 19, 2016
Awww,,,,,just like,,,,im master of none...

And e dae pain me
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by brostheo(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2016
Jamb question, I'll leave it to the jambites in the house
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by ItzHoludex(m): 7:19am On Nov 19, 2016
master of all
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by chloro: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2016
cool cool
Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by jfkenny(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2016
beautycrush24:

Tell them to go google the word 'polymath'
Thanks for the word... Truly some wise sayings are erroneous....

1 Like

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by Penuelseun(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2016
In my own case, it is master of all as I am very vast in many areas with good authority over them

1 Like

Re: Does "Jack Of All Trades" Necessarily Mean Master Of None? by tobechi74: 7:23am On Nov 19, 2016
the way naija is,its best to be jack of all trade master of none

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Start A Business With Just N10,000 / Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.