Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before (16141 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Mr Seun Your Attention Is Needed / Mr. Seun Pls Dis Goes To U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by UyiIredi(m): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

For once I am glad we both know that Christianity is not a Religion.
Sorry. Christianity is a religion. Check your dictionary to confirm.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by coolbreezy01: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
bennyann:

Please don't call him a 'lost cause'. God forbids! I reject that on his behalf. Who are you to call him that. Please let's be wise here and not use sensitive words against one another.

I suggest you modify that. You yourself will feel good in your heart afterwards.
Tanx was really mad at him. Will do the needfull.

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2016
MrPresident1:

Do not speak with my mouth. Christianity is a religion.

My challenge is to Seun, not to you. Stand back.

Presido so after I have set the stage you want to jump on and carry out a coup? lol opportunistic Presido lmao.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

Sorry. Christianity is a religion. Check your dictionary to confirm.

Wow I am amazed that a simple dictionary could define a spirit based righteous life.

Its like the disctionary defining the holy spirit when he holds no definition as an extension of God and can only be experienced in many ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by veekid(m): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
Happney65; omolola15; come and read comments
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by UyiIredi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Wow I am amazed that a simple dictionary could define a spirit based righteous life.

Its like the disctionary defining the holy spirit when he holds no definition as an extension of God and can only be experienced in many ways.

It's clear that logic eludes you. Otherwise, you would have simply admitted Christianity is a religion, which it is. That said, Christianity is in several ways a morally twisted religion which is why it rubber-stamps egregious acts splattered all over the Bible. That can hardly be called 'righteous'.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by coolbreezy01: 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:
This thread gets even more interesting.

You PM'd him. Chai. Oga Seun don suffer.

If the Christian God is omnipotent and truly loving then he will provide the evidence for His existence which Seun requires.

About the action in 2samuel.. I was reading the bible and I came across it...I was and will be confusing though cause people I asked are always saying God is jealous and wicked(am a strict christian) and pondering in it made me realise one thing... He is a God of order and his rules stands.. Only God can decide what will happen if the ark fell but touching it was a no no.. But sometimes seun seems to be too raw in his atheism... Your parent gave u oluwaseun(God we thank you)... If u truly belive God does not exist y don't u change ur name to sometin else cause u didn't come from him so ur name should not be what it is!!!
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by UyiIredi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
coolbreezy01:
About the action in 2samuel.. I was reading the bible and I came across it...I was and will be confusing though cause people I asked are always saying God is jealous and wicked(am a strict christian) and pondering in it made me realise one thing... He is a God of order and his rules stands.. Only God can decide what will happen if the ark fell but touching it was a no no.. But sometimes seun seems to be too raw in his atheism... Your parent gave u oluwaseun(God we thank you)... If u truly belive God does not exist y don't u change ur name to sometin else cause u didn't come from him so ur name should not be what it is!!!

Saying he is a God of order does not justify the action. Clearly, the man's intent was noble; to stop the ark from falling. God's action was wrong: he killed him for trying to steady a falling object. Yet you are justifying God's action, jut as I did when I was a Christian. This is an example among many of how Christianity fosters bad thinking.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by bennyann: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:

I am certainly a lost cause to religion. There's no question about that. I am [b]grateful[/b]that they gave up on trying to force me to be a Christian.

Now I am optimistic that God will win you over eventually. I can sense it all over me.

You know God has great interest in those who feels hopeless towards Him. Who feels they have a very slim chance of succeeding when it comes to Him. You feel you are not useful to Him. That's all God is interested in to win your heart.

God is more interested in those who feel they're not qualified in Him. I mean He has a special interest in them.

I've come to know through this interview: it isn't that you hate God, and it isn't that you don't believe in Him. It's just that you feel you couldn't satisfy Him.

I don't know what exactly it is that you might have struggled with that led to your conclusion but I know and I'm now more than sure that God will win this case and you will then understand Him better.

I hand the rest over to God while all we can do now is pray for you. And I praise God for winning this battle.

You'll definitely see the victory of God before it's too late.

2 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

It's clear that logic eludes you. Otherwise, you would have simply admitted Christianity is a religion, which it is. That said, Christianity is in several ways a morally twisted religion which is why it rubber-stamps egregious acts splattered all over the Bible. That can hardly be called 'righteous'.

Even though I know you are trying veey hard to drag me down to your level of reasoning but some of us have walked the talk and still are and by the witness of the spirit of God we know we are not in a Religion regardless of what history depicts and what dictionary defines it to be.

Every single word from you has been a rancid attack on Christianity which is why I cautiond you on Civility and here you are doing so again as proof that you are incorrigible.

One who walks with Christ is who I am and my Jesus never came to establish a religion nor did he even establish Christianity but Christianity as we know it means "like Christ"

The works based old testament was religion but the spirit based New testament is a Life...Its a transformation....its a renewal...its a release....its Jesus.

Believe what you will but as a Son of God I know whom I serve and have come to embrace. pls dont mention me again.

4 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Zikdik(m): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2016

6 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by UyiIredi(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
Zikdik:
I wonder why the atheists on this thread bother to exchange banter with these fanatics. They are immune to reason, logic and common sense.

Watch and learn; they initiate a conversation and try to apply false logic, avoid questions that rattle the core of their preposterous claims and then resort to immature jibes and insults or even threats of a nonexistent hell.

Hopeless.

Not all of them. Many Christians, Muslims etc have changed their minds given discussions like these.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by UyiIredi(m): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Even though I know you are trying veey hard to drag me down to your level of reasoning but some of us have walked the talk and still are and by the witness of the spirit of God we know we are not in a Religion regardless of what history depicts and what dictionary defines it to be.

In other words, a total abdication of reason and evidence. Unsurprising. Thus doesn't change the fact that you are in a religion though. One lacking in critical thinking.

naijadeyhia:

Every single word from you has been a rancid attack on Christianity which is why I cautiond you on Civility and here you are doing so again as proof that you are incorrigible.

And so ? I attack Christianity without insulting Christians. Just because you are offended doesn't mean I've not been civil. Christians regularly condemns unbelievers to hell and they don't think they are uncivil by so doing.

naijadeyhia:

One who walks with Christ is who I am and my Jesus never came to establish a religion nor did he even establish Christianity but Christianity as we know it means "like Christ".

Christianity means 'like Christ' and Jesus didn't establish Christianity. Great.

3 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by bennyann: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Tanx was really mad at him. Will do the needfull.

God bless you for your humble heart.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by coolbreezy01: 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

Saying he is a God of order does not justify the action. Clearly, the man's intent was noble; to stop the ark from falling. God's action was wrong: he killed him for trying to steady a falling object. Yet you are justifying God's action, jut as I did when I was a Christian. This is an example among many of how Christianity fosters bad thinking.
So you don't believe he exist cause a being that is supposed to protect and guide us killed him and your mind was that such a wicked being loved and cherished by all does not exist cause of one act.. Well I can't say he made a mistake cause he doesn't make mistakes and always has a good reason for doing that
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

In other words, a total abdication of reason and evidence. Unsurprising. Thus doesn't change the fact that you are in a religion though. One lacking in critical thinking.

And so ? I attack Christianity without insulting Christians. Just because you are offended doesn't mean I've not been civil. Christians regularly condemns unbelievers to hell and they don't think they are uncivil by so doing.

Christianity means 'like Christ' and Jesus didn't establish Christianity. Great.

The fact that you lack the spirit of God is why you are struggling to understand a very simple thing. Jesus came to establish a LIFE..this LIFE is fashioned after HIM but we as men called it CHRISTIANITY which means like CHRIST.

He never established religion which is mans way of reaching out to God neither did he establish Christianity which is our own understanding of Christ and whish is a step above Religion...CHRIST can only be followed and understood via the spirit of God and He is not static...He grows in us and we grow in Him so its not as simple as a definition as where I am today in Christ is not where I would be in another 5yrs...

CHRISTIANITY as man knows it is not a life....CHRISTIANITY as a man led by the SPIRIT OF GOD knows it IS A LIFE. .

Till you have what I have and know who I know then this will always be a mystery to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by rosalieene(f): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The fact that you lack the spirit of God is why you are struggling to understand a very simple thing. Jesus came to establish a LIFE..this LIFE is fashioned after HIM but we as men called it CHRISTIANITY which means like CHRIST.

He never established religion which is mans way of reaching out to God neither did he establish Christianity which is our own understanding of Christ and whish is a step above Religion...CHRIST can only be followed and understood via the spirit of God and He is not static...He grows in us and we grow in Him so its not as simple as a definition as where I am today in Christ is not where I would be in another 5yrs...

CHRISTIANITY as man knows it is not a life....CHRISTIANITY as a man led by the SPIRIT OF GOD knows it IS A LIFE. .

Till you have what I have and know who I know then this will always be a mystery to you.
I love what u are doing
continue with the good work
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by bennyann: 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun I just want to know your view. I hope it pleases you to answer and it'll be an honour if you do.

If you should find someone you love so desperately and extremely and you did all you could for that person to love you but failed woefully. Then you felt the only option left was for you to manipulate or control her into loving you. You took her freewill because you had the power since you needed to be intensely, intimately and desperately loved by her. Well, then you won eventually because she turned out to love you the way you want.

Won't you feel something is missing? Because you didn't win her heart but you blinded it. Won't you feel a part of your heart telling you the love you enjoy isn't real because this lady doesn't love you of her own accord. She just turned out to be your robot

Doesn't it show you are selfish? That You prefer to satisfy yourself only and ignore the feelings of others?

The greatest love you can show is not to please yourself at the detriment of others.

As humans we yearn to be loved. We desire sincere love. But I don't know if I'm correct about all humans.

So please tell me.

Which do you prefer? One who will love you willingly, irrespective of your weaknesses and strengths or your robot who you've brainwashed to love you blindly?

3 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Funjosh(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Funjosh(m): 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
Please dont embarassed embarassed embarassed

Seun:

I am certainly a lost cause to religion. There's no question about that. I am grateful that they gave up on trying to force me to be a Christian.
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by UyiIredi(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
coolbreezy01:
So you don't believe he exist cause a being that is supposed to protect and guide us killed him and your mind was that such a wicked being loved and cherished by all does not exist cause of one act.. Well I can't say he made a mistake cause he doesn't make mistakes and always has a good reason for doing that

Just to clarify, I'm a deist. But sure I don't believe in the Christian God. It's a pity you think God has a good reason for doing that. Because there's no possible way one can justify murder for a noble deed.

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Omotayor123(f): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:
Does prayer actually work?
Yes. Prayer actually works. I am Not telling you to go to any Pastor, imam or Babalawo. Just sit at the corner of your room and pray with a sincere heart.. You will testify.

People have been praying for the naira to rise, and it's not happening.[/quote]
There are many things that God can do that he will not do. For instance, you Seun praying to God to change you into a Woman. It's Not just logical.

And sometimes, God answers prayers with us Not realizing he has answered. Though Not in the way we want but in a better way which only He knows.

Other times, God want to teach us the virtues of patience. There are evidences of this in the Bible and Quran.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by UyiIredi(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Lol. Sanctimonious mumbo-jumbo.

3 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Omotayor123(f): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:
I'll raise them to base their beliefs on reason and evidence, and I won't let anyone try to force them to go to church. Sundays will be for family interaction, not indoctrination.
Not bad. Is being an antheist
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by holuwatobhy(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling—
Calling for you and for me;
Patiently Jesus is waiting and watching—
Watching for you and for me!
Come home! come home!
Ye who are weary, come home!
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home!
Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading—
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we linger and heed not His mercies—
Mercies for you and for me?
Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing—
Passing from you and from me;
Shadows are gathering, death-beds are coming—
Coming for you and for me!
Oh, for the wonderful love He has promised—
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon—
Pardon for you and for me!

Bro Seun...We've missed you.

3 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by holuwatobhy(m): 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
Omotayor123:
Yes. Prayer actually works. I am Not telling you to go to any Pastor, imam or Babalawo. Just sit at the corner of your room and pray with a sincere heart.. You will testify.

People have been praying for the naira to rise, and it's not happening.
There are many things that God can do that he will not do. For instance, you Seun praying to God to change you into a Woman. It's Not just logical.

And sometimes, God answers prayers with us Not realizing he has answered. Though Not in the way we want but in a better way which only He knows.

Other times, God want to teach us the virtues of patience. There are evidences of this in the Bible and Quran.

In addition sir..God has 3 replies to ones prayers:
(1)Yes
(2)Not now
(3) Something better.

5 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Omotayor123(f): 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:
I'll raise them to base their beliefs on reason and evidence, and I won't let anyone try to force them to go to church. Sundays will be for family interaction, not indoctrination.
Not bad. Is being an atheist one of the reasons or the only reason Why you are still single.
Can you marry a religious lady. Either Christian or Muslim
Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by donnie(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
holuwatobhy:

In addition sir..God has 3 replies to ones prayers:
(1)Yes
(2)Not now
(3) Something better.

I just LIKED your post!

You can add: "error", "wrong command" or "I did not hear" to your list. They mean the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:

Lol. Sanctimonious mumbo-jumbo.

Mumbo Jumbo because you don't understand it and indeed cannot. How would you a human explain to a fly about cars or something as simple as cooking soup? Can you?

Everything has their place...the spiritual has its place and its far away from the physical. To understand the spiritual you must have a seed of it in you...in this case the Holy spirit.

If you cannot explain natural to natural like in the example I gave with man and a fly how then would you be able to understant God as a human without his spirit?

I suggest you ponder on this and not hurriedly respond to my comment.

1 Like

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Seun(m): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
Omotayor123:
Can you marry a religious lady. Either Christian or Muslim
It would be unwise if the marriage is meant to be a life partnership. Imagine sharing a serious problem with your wife and instead of something sensible she tells you that demons are responsible and the solution is prayer and fasting. Or worse, she deliberately offers no support because she thinks the problem may drive you back to God. She'll try to use 'the rod' to force the children to go to church because the bible says so. If you decide to adopt a black cat and an owl, she'll say "over my dead body" because she thinks they can be used by witches to harm the family. Worst of all, when we are free, instead of using the time for acrobatics, she may use it for prayer and fasting and seeking the 'face of God'. sad

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
rosalieene:
I love what u are doing continue with the good work God bless you
God bless you too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Important Things You Should Care For On Earth / Ramlocator: An App That Leads You Where The Sallah Rams Are / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.