Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! (69586 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / "Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Re:Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So - Good Muyis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 07, 2016
AlPeter:
You are avoiding the simple question nothing just happen. Bro. That is the first rule any investigative mind knows. why did the ancient civilization believe in the supernatural despite not having contacts?
And I said they blamed other humans for diseases and bad. They knew nothing about viruses or bacteria so they thought evil spirits were the ones spreading diseases. That was why they believed in supernatural causes. No science to explain.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Hawlahscho(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2016
toby2:
good morning mr. First i just notice of recent that u are an atheist, and i think ur 'enlighthened' mind has made u to question lots of 'unscientific' reality.
First, the word SUPER- NATURAL is used 'cos its not a common thing, neither is it a general thing... Its like having an anomally in a 'normal' gathering. That it can't be scientifically proven today doesn't mean it won't be tomorrow. Now back to ur question. In a world of natural, there is meant to be super-natural. If u understand what i mean, then u wont be termed gullible, rather open-minded to know that strange things happen everywhere, some buried and called Myth.

Well said.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by urahara(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2016
GidiQuotes:
You don't need to believe, billions already do!

Doesn't make it true
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Hawlahscho(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2016
HomoSapiien:

I shared 3 videos and you watched one and you are here claiming none of it answered your question? Guy why are you lying to yourself?

Okay, let's agree you are right, did anyone of them claim to acquire the trick from any babalawo like your experience suggest?

Dont you know they may be hiding how You must be a learner. grin
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Hawlahscho(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2016
Tellemall:

They all always ignore this part so that they can wallow in "logic and scientific evidence".

None of them can answer this particular thing. Usually the conversation ends here. Or they shift it. And like themselves after.

For people who pride themselves in their ability to think, their thinking is rather limited to one direction. If science can't explain it they resort to calling it a hallucination.

Done with them.

Exactly what my clown, HomoSapiien does grin

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Seun(m): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:
Lol, the irony of this issue is that real witches and wizards will be posting here and trying to convince people that they are not real because it is good for them that you don't believe they are real so that they can operate without restrictions and also initiate the skeptical cheesy
What is the basis for your belief that "real witches and wizards" actually exist?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by HomoSapiien: 9:42am On Nov 07, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Since they refused to let me respond to this with a text grin

And as per the man that hate 40knives, i don't know why you are being skeptic about it and yet want us to believe your babalawo's son story without a pinch of salt. Let me post for you the link again, this time, please i urge you to go through it, then tell me why you think it's disturbing that the man didn't tell us the reason why he was able to eat 40knives without supernatural explanation whatsoever http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/20/indian-man-has-40-knives-removed-from-stomach-after-urge-to-eat/
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by raphieMontella: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2016
Acidosis:

No, you and your likes are the ignorant ones. Best you could do is sit behind your computer and say trash about things you don't know. There are over 500,000 Churches and deliverance centres in Nigeria.

Wouldn't it be better you visit just one and watch how deliverance services are conducted?

You lots are simply being s!lly for denying the truths you know. How would someone just assume every one are being paid to "act", act for who? to convince who?

It is indeed a s!lly submission (a consequence of 'un-exposure'). People get shots daily and their skins become impenetrable. A lot of times, I've witnessed how cutlasses fail to penetrate skins during a yearly traditional festival at Abraka, Delta state. I schooled there, so I know. You don't know because you're ignorant, unexposed to events around you, and never want to know. So you guys can continue to dwell in your unbelief as nobody can help you.
the psychology involved is deeper than you think it is...
About unexposure....
I stayed in Ozoro...the hub of those so called cultists....nothing of such happens..they die like fowls when hit...
I stay in Asaba presently..if you've been here...then you know how churches outnumber schools and hotels(combined) about 10 to 1..
Not my supposed miracle in asaba..just noises upon noises from churches...
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by HomoSapiien: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Dont you know they may be hiding how You must be a learner. grin

You asked how it was possible without the intervention of any babalawo, you got 3 videos and i asked if you wanted more — which you didn't bother to answer. Now you watched only one of them and still claiming they - (in the 3videos) and those ones that i haven't shared — are hiding how they were able to do it. Even if they actually are, what gave you the presupposition that it was indeed the work of a babalawo like your story,
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by AlPeter: 9:50am On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

And did you do an anatomical investigation into the individual. No. the doctors that did placed the idea forward. How do you expect to know more when you've already placed it into the unexplainable supernatural category. If every scientist were like you we wouldn't have even known how rain fell.
Investigate before conclusion.
jumping to conclusion again. The so called lining you are talking of is made up of Mucus and its job is to protect the stomach from its own acid. Now this mucous layer can't be found your intestine, mouth or oesophagus this is basic biology. So what prevent them from tearing your insides. NOTE; those suffering from Pica usually have surgery due to digestion problems.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by HardMirror(m): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:
Lol, the irony of this issue is that real witches and wizards will be posting here and trying to convince people that they are not real because it is good for them that you don't believe they are real so that they can operate without restrictions and also initiate the skeptical cheesy
You have a very healthy imagination capability.
Even satan is posting on nairaland. God, satan, jesus, zeus, krishna, are all here on nairaland posting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by AlPeter: 9:56am On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

And I said they blamed other humans for diseases and bad. They knew nothing about viruses or bacteria so they thought evil spirits were the ones spreading diseases. That was why they believed in supernatural causes. No science to explain.
am asking how they came to the evil spirit conclusion? If it were one group it is understandable but all? Come on. Waiting for answer
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2016
Seun:
What is the basis for your belief that "real witches and wizards" actually exist?

Their activities are real. I'm sure some are reading this and will likely counter this post.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by hahn(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

The real irony is that witches and wizards can open a nairaland a account, according to you, while your almighty god still rides on horses and cannot access the internet to save the lives of it's creations.

Oh, I forgot. Your god loves the smell of suya undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by jonbellion(m): 10:09am On Nov 07, 2016
hahn:

The real irony is that witches and wizards can open a nairaland a account, according to you, while your almighty god still rides on horses and cannot access the internet to save the lives of it's creations.

Oh, I forgot. Your god loves the smell of suya undecided
lol don't forget the suya is eternal and living

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Seun(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2016
Pidgin2:

Their activities are real. I'm sure some are reading this and will likely counter this post.
What makes you believe that their activities are real?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by gaelllic: 10:23am On Nov 07, 2016
On the 11th of September, 2001

three tall buildings in New York were remote-demolished on live TV.

(This has been proven in almost every imaginable way.)

And yet billions of people staunchly insist(ed) it was caused by plane crashes.

(Even though one building (Building 7) was not hit at all.)

(And even though the 'hijackers' are still alive.)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1559151.stm

This is black magic.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by puresaint12(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2016
Which one is REAL Supernatural powers again biko? So fortune telling is not supernatural? Ok now I get it, Except it's not smallville-like, or Heroes-like, or 4400-like, it is not supernatural? U amuse me Bro. Most Atheists claim to be open minded,but on nairaland, It's d exact opposite.
Lennycool:

We're not talking about tricksters or Gypsies. We're talking about real supernatural powers, and if developed countries are concerned with them.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by raphieMontella: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2016
AlPeter:
NOPE, you'r jumping to conclusions, it doesn't explain why the Aztecs and every other people then believes in the metaphysical despite not knowing about each other. also there are ignorant acts associated with witchcraft doesn't make it unreal. Think cc seun
ignorance ooo...
Its as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by raphieMontella: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2016
Hawlahscho:

That means there is a way of making someone's mouth lining and stomach lining thicker?? Because he could not eat d blade before until after his father did those things he claimed he did to him.

Embark on another research on how to make d linings you're hiding behind thicker.

I DONT KNOW IF WITCHES EXIST OR NOT.

Thanks for your comment.
wtf?
Are you kidding??

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2016
AlPeter:
am asking how they came to the evil spirit conclusion? If it were one group it is understandable but all? Come on. Waiting for answer
How do you expect it to be in just one group. Don't you know that humans migrate.
And in most of the groups they would blame other humans for unexplained Diseases or events.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2016
puresaint12:
Which one is REAL Supernatural powers again biko? So fortune telling is not supernatural? Ok now I get it, Except it's not smallville-like, or Heroes-like, or 4400-like, it is not supernatural? U amuse me Bro. Most Atheists claim to be open minded,but on nairaland, It's d exact opposite.
Fortune telling is not exact, and its mostly guesses drawn from the individual present.
If it was supernatural every fortune tell would be a millionaire with all the lotteries they would be winning.
Don't be deceived

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by puresaint12(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2016
Seee, another Hasty close-minded conclusion. Have you met a Fortune teller before? I guess not.the Supernatural is better personally experienced,you have to play the music of the spirits,for spirits to dance with you.And scientist and science lovers are very inquistive,they can do anything to get to the fact, but you and your friends are proving otherwise
Lennycool:

Fortune telling is not exact, and its mostly guesses drawn from the individual present.
If it was supernatural every fortune tell would be a millionaire with all the lotteries they would be winning.
Don't be deceived
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 07, 2016
AlPeter:
jumping to conclusion again. The so called lining you are talking of is made up of Mucus and its job is to protect the stomach from its own acid. Now this mucous layer can't be found your intestine, mouth or oesophagus this is basic biology. So what prevent them from tearing your insides. NOTE; those suffering from Pica usually have surgery due to digestion problems.
Guy read about Michel Lotito the man that ate the plane. His case has been extensively studied, and thick lining in his stomach and intestine. If you don't want to read about him and want to keep believing in the supernatural please do. Its not my problem.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 07, 2016
puresaint12:
Seee, another Hasty close-minded conclusion. Have you met a Fortune teller before? I guess not.the Supernatural is better personally experienced,you have to play the music of the spirits,for spirits to dance with you.And scientist and science lovers are very inquistive,they can do anything to get to the fact, but you and your friends are proving otherwise
And what scientific study has proved fortune telling is exact. What scientist strongly believe in the supernaturally?
If scientist don't regard the supernatural as real why should i?
But like I said believe what you want it's your life.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by puresaint12(m): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2016
DeSepiero:

An intelligent person who believes that something exists should be able to provide evidence that such a things exists and convince another person conveniently.

So as the learned person you claim to be, convince me with evidence that witchcraft is real and stop inviting me to an unknown location in Nigeria. Not everyone you meet here stays there.
just listen to yourself. What do scientists,lovers of science, those that don't know but really want to know, do when they want to discover something? Do u watch Discovery channel?Nat Geo wild? They go on a personal research, to experience it, by Themselves! What is the white man doing in the jungle in kenya, what was mungo park doing in The Niger,what was Neil Armstrong doing on the moon? They Were EXPERIENCING! That's what You should do and not staying comfortably wherever you say You are whining and demanding Evidence across your computer on an Online forum!
Mimmicks*'Stop inviting me to Nigeria,Not everyone you meet here, stays here' lookateew...

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by puresaint12(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

And what scientific study has proved fortune telling is exact. What scientist strongly believe in the supernaturally?
If scientist don't regard the supernatural as real why should i?
But like I said believe what you want it's your life.
Bro you amuse me, a lot. So whatever scientists say is Truth, you take them all in,hook, line & sinker? Scientists are human like you, they have erred so many times,google is your friend.don't let them define your world, there are million things yet to be discovered.Discover your world, start from around you.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Omooba77: 11:23am On Nov 07, 2016
akintom:

Source: Youruba mythological book.

You forgot to add, that witches also drive the car of their victim, at night to their coven. And when the victim touches the car in the morning, the engine will be very hot.

Ahahha grin[quote][/quote]. There was a man who will always find the engine of his car very hot in the morning. I have seen and heard witches confessing.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by DeSepiero(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2016
puresaint12:
just listen to yourself. What do scientists,lovers of science, those that don't know but really want to know, do when they want to discover something? Do u watch Discovery channel?Nat Geo wild? They go on a personal research, to experience it, by Themselves! What is the white man doing in the jungle in kenya, what was mungo park doing in The Niger,what was Neil Armstrong doing on the moon? They Were EXPERIENCING! That's what You should do and not staying comfortably wherever you say You are whining and demanding Evidence across your computer on an Online forum!
Mimmicks*'Stop inviting me to Nigeria,Not everyone you meet here, stays here' lookateew...

Nobody is claiming to be a scientist and a 'lover of science' yet. Nobody is totally refusing to visit places rumored to be known for practicing sorcery.

An inquisitive fellow is simply seeking peoples experiences with what they'll call witchcraft and their reasons for believing its real.

Do you think that's out of place?

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by UyiIredi(m): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2016
I believe in the supernatural but I'll keep my fingers crossed on witches. The evidence for them is weak despite widespread anecdotes about their existence. Besides, whites once widely believed in such but nowadays with the growth of skepticism they don't and apparently the 'witches' don't bother them.

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by puresaint12(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2016
DeSepiero:

Nobody is claiming to be a scientist and a 'lover of science' yet. Nobody is totally refusing to visit places rumored to be known for practicing sorcery.

An inquisitive fellow is simply seeking peoples experiences with what they'll call witchcraft and their reasons for believing its real.

Do you think that's out of place?
lol, that's your own definition of an Inquisitive mind,And I'l say that fellow must be an Intellectually Lazy fellow, In science,Experience is the best teacher,from Experiments,Laws are deduced, not from Seeking opinions! Or do you think otherwise? And I use 'scientist' here because you people use them as yardsticks to 'being' knowledgeable and Inquisitive.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by jonbellion(m): 11:57am On Nov 07, 2016
UyiIredi:
I believe in the supernatural but I'll keep my fingers crossed on witches. The evidence for them is weak despite widespread anecdotes about their existence. Besides, whites once widely believed in such but nowadays with the growth of skepticism they don't and apparently the 'witches' don't bother them.
thank you it's mostly anecdotes told from someone else's anecdotes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses - The Power Source For Our Miracle Pastors / Chapel On Biku Hill: World’s Smallest Church In Uganda, Accommodates Three Only / See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.