Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,485 members, 7,801,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government (40190 Views)

Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over Presidential Ambition / PHOTOS: Lagos State Receives The Presidential Lodge, Marina / Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by sarrki(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has handed over the Presidential Lodge at Marina to the Lagos State government.

Mr. Buhari’s gesture followed a request by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to have the lodge released to the Lagos State Government in its bid to transform the Marina-Onikan axis into a world-class arts and tourism hub.

The president’s approval was communicated in a letter signed by his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, to Mr. Ambode.

In a statement on Sunday signed by Lagos State’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Steve Ayorinde, Mr. Ambode said the president’s gesture was a demonstration of his “keen admiration for Lagos State as the Centre of Excellence that is well suited to becoming Africa’s foremost hub for arts, entertainment and tourism”.

The statement said with the presidential approval, Mr. Ambode has consequently unveiled plans to turn the lodge to The Heritage Centre for Leadership, which would be redesigned and equipped as a landmark research and tourist arena that will be open to local and international visitors.

“On behalf of the government and people of Lagos State, I wish to express our heartfelt gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari for his kind hand-over of the Presidential Lodge in Marina to the Lagos State government,” Mr. Ambode said.

“This, in my opinion, demonstrates the President’s special interest in Lagos State, which is in line with the promise he made in Lagos during the electioneering campaign, that the interest of Lagosians will always be paramount in his heart.”

It added that President Buhari’s approval had come at a time that the old Lagos State House in Marina, which is next door to the Presidential Lodge, is also being prepared for a transformation to The Lagos History Centre, as a mark of honour to and celebration of all former governors of Lagos State, as well as for the benefit of humankind as a whole.

The State Executive Council had approved the Lagos House Marina to be turned into Lagos History Centre for tourism purposes.

“With the handing over of the Presidential Lodge to Lagos State, the Lagos State Government will begin a process that will transform the whole area into a culture zone in the next two to three years that every Lagosian will be proud of,” said Mr. Ambode.

“These two buildings will be nurtured as world-class monuments by the Lagos State Government to compliment the ongoing larger plan that aims to transform the Marina-Onikan axis into a multi-sectorial culture zone.”

The statement added that the governor’s plan for Marina-Onikan culture zone includes a skywalk that would connect Marina all the way to the Freedom Park on Broad Street in order to offer the ultimate view of the “culture arcade” that will emerge between Marina and Broad Street and the entire zone to tourists and local visitors.

In addition, Mr. Ambode said the axis would also accommodate a Tourist Welcome Centre that comprises of a multi layer car park, mall, Lagos Aquarium Centre and other tourist facilities.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/214631-buhari-hands-presidential-lodge-lagos-government.html

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Philistine(m): 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
Another positive news from the centre of Excellence!

51 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by sammyj: 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good development. Lagos will be great again! !! wink

41 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by opethom(m): 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
let him hand over aso rock to Ambode

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by sarrki(m): 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
Lagos is the centre of excellence

Africa business hub

Heart of the nation

Situated in the most peaceful part of Nigeria

Pace setter

Eko onibaje

Ile oduduwa Oni tuka

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by sarrki(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2016
opethom:

By their words we know them

Wailers on the prowl

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by littlewonders: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
When his he handing the kitchen to kemi Adeosun?

She hardly know how much is in Treasury, but I doubt if she don't know numbers of pot and knife in her kitchen.

As for the topic, e concern who e concern.

Abeg who get school certificate wey don exceed photocopy?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Omexonomy: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
Let buhari name aso rock after mko abiola to show is love for southwest

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by vedaxcool(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
[s]
opethom:
[/s]

see frustration. ... grin grin. Searching for where your village people hid your happiness.

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by DropShot: 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
opethom:
Omexonomy:
Let buhari name aso rock after mko abiola to show is love for southwest
Better to be silent and be tought a fool than to open mouth and remove all doubt.

It's an invaluable advice.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Omexonomy: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
littlewonders:
When his he handing the kitchen to kemi Adeosun?

She hardly know how much is in Treasury, but I doubt if she don't know numbers of pot and knife in her kitchen.

As for the topic, e concern who e concern.

Abeg who get school certificate wey don exceed photocopy?
even if they hand it over to her she is an afonja

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by JingoOAU(m): 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
Honestly, I think FG should hand over some of the Federal government-owned monumental heritages littering Lagos state, begging for attention. The Federal Secretariat Complex is one and many others.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by seunmsg(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good gesture from the president. Federal government left so many assets in lagos that are currently rotten away. The bill to give Lagos state a special status and earmark just 1% of federal governments revenue for the maintenance of these assets should be looked at again and passed into law.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Omexonomy: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
DropShot:

Better to be silent and be tought a fool than to open mouth and remove all doubt.

It's an invaluable advice.
you this badly and madly programmed robot by a violent deranged programmer

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by otukpo(f): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
Interesting.
Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by omenka(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Lagos, the envy of all including myself. cry

Such lucky people, Lagos and South West..

God bless Ambode and the good people of Lagos state. smiley

Nice one Buhari, the listening president. smiley

@ DropShot, Vedaxcool, why don't yall just ignore these people.. Remember what they say about silence and best answer to fools.. wink

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Ajibel(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
I am not just excited about the President handing over the place to LASG

What excites me more as I read was the plans the LASG have for the structure and the environment.

Lagos is really lucky and blessed.

I do hope some other National monuments of the FG unattended to and left to rot should be taken over by Lagos for onward maintenance. E.g the National stadium.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by bennyann: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
That's good news. But when will PMB visit Lagos to prove much love?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Ajibel(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
A skywalk to be built was mentioned. I had to google it to know what it meant. Some pics including the Grand canyon skywalk

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by HtwoOw: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

see frustration. ... grin grin. Searching for where your village people hid your happiness.

Hahahahahahahahah

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by herzern(m): 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
cool
Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Pavarottii(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
Asin the tribal war on nairaland is becoming nauseating; it's just pushing me away from nairaland gradually.

This One Nigeria is just in letters. We r not united at all... and since wen opposition(APC) came on board; it is way worse.

It wasn't this bad until someone from the SS became President for the first time.

The hatred a section of the country av for GEJ; is beyond human reasoning. Some go as far as wanting him jailed and killed if possible. And wen the north/west av been in power for about 40years plus. The SS/SE never wished any head of state death.

God help us to be United.
God help Nigeria.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
Yes he should hand over power to Ambode
Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Ekakamba: 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Hope I'll see a similar topic like this with 'power' replacing 'you know na'. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by FakoMaybach1: 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Pavarottii:
Asin the tribal war on nairaland is becoming nauseating; it's just pushing me away from nairaland gradually.

This One Nigeria is just in letters. We r not united at all... and since wen opposition(APC) came on board; it is way worse.

God help Nigeria.
that is the wahala hate generates more hate, but ur job is not to leave cus ur absence changes nothing.
there will never be harmony in nigeria that is a fact, but how i wish competitive spirit is encouraged through Federalism and Regionalism so that the tribal negative energy will be transformed to something positive

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by emeijeh(m): 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Sai baba!!!!
Wait o, i hardly hear that phrase again grin

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by rockerbolla(m): 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
Front page
Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by notoriousbabe: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
The flat head jews will not like this

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by Omololu007(m): 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
nice
Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by johnemeka(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
The only thing I can get it done by then but it will work with a lot to be the one you can get it is the business is the same time and effort and I have to go back in town this is an issue that needs for a couple weeks and will have the political and cultural diversity.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government by mmsen: 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
Has Lagos state sorted out the mess that it created with the old Federal secretariat?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MC Oluomo May Be Flown Abroad For Treatment / Senator Smart Adeyemi Loses Kogi West Senatorial Ticket To Sunday Karimi / Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.