Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; (1934 Views)

Poll: Can Liverpool get 3 points?

Yes: 50% (3 votes)
No: 16% (1 vote)
Draw: 33% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Fulham Vs Arsenal (1 - 3) On 24th August 2013 / Arsenal Vs Queens Park Rangers (1 - 0) On Saturday 31st December 2011 / Manchester United Vs Blackburn (2 - 3) On Saturday 31st December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Cristalz(f): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2009
Fulham are clashing with Liverpool at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

Fulham made an impressive comeback in their EPL game against Manchester City last weekend, coming back from a 2-0 scoreline to draw 2-2.
Striker Bobby Zamora continues to fill in in the absence of Andy Johnson who is injured. Erik Nevland is also available for this game.
Damien Duff, Bjorn Riise, Gera, and Jonathan Greening are likely midfield starters.  .  .Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu have knee injuries and are doubts for this encounter. Andrew Johnson is struggling with a shoulder problem, while Kagisho Dikgacoi is still suspended following his sending off at West Ham.
The most glaring strength about this Fulham side is that they play as a team. With sufficient grit and determination, they can definitely give Liverpool a good run for 3 vital points.

Liverpool lost to Arsenal at the Emirates on Wednesday night in their Carling Cup tie. This was rather surprising after putting up a great performance against Manchester United last weekend.
Strikers Voronin and Babel weren't impressive on Wednesday night.  .  .little wonder they are not regular starters on Rafa Benitez's starting squad. Fernando Torres will be back on the team for Liverpool, to everyone's relief - pro-Scousers, that is.
Aquilani featured in Wednesday's game against Arsenal and had a pretty okay night. He will feature in this game as well, giving the midfield a much required boost. He plays deep, so this will be a sort of replacement for Steven Gerrard who plays a more forward role now, and no longer the deep midfield role he used to play.
Steven Gerrard remains a major doubt for this game. The Reds' skipper continues to struggle with a recurring groin problem and it's been said that he may require surgery. Gerrard is still working with the club's physio.  .  .don't expect to see him tomorrow though.
If Liverpool can keep a tight defense - a defense that has been shaky so far - they could get a win. They need 3 points to keep their title hopes afloat, as well as to prove that the United win wasn't just a result of the pressure on the team then to deliver.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by ProAnti: 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2009
I expect a draw.
Fulham is a good side and have played very beautiful football this season.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by tocdee(m): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2009
Cristalz, your analyses have been very decent and I've commended you in the past but It's shocking how this write-up focuses on Fulham's strengths and scrutinizes ONLY Liverpool'sweaknesses so far (compare paragraphs 2 and 3) sad sad Leaves a foul taste in the mouth. tongue

Terrible analysis in my opinion given that I'd always loved your pre-match comments. Funny how Voronin and Babel were picked on, Gerrard's injury celebrated and also your little surprise at the Arsenal's loss (I wonder why you were surprised when 10 changes were made to the team that beat Utd and the game was played at the Emirates). Liverpool can't be that bad being just 6 points behind the current leaders, can they?

Please revert to objective analysis and if you're not over the Anfield Utd loss, let Mukina write subsequent ones.

Thanks and keep up the good work wink
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by bgees(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2009
@tocdee, u really don't have to blame her. she knows very little about Liverpool.

the match will be difficult no doubt, but I think we can get 3 points. Rafa might not start Aquilani, he will likely start the same team that beat Man UTD.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by sylve11: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2009
why not the squard that Arsenal assramed? grin cool
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Cristalz(f): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2009
@tocdee
Um, excuse you?? What's your beef?

I wasn't even personally involved when I put that up, FYI.
Heck, the Steven Gerrard part is simply information people would want to know. Celebrated?? Did I jubilate and thank God for his injury? Jeez!
Did I give my personal opinion of how I feel about his injury? Did I put grinning smileys and make cheesy comments? I only stated the facts.
He is currently working with the physio, but people shouldn't get their hopes up about seeing him tomorrow 'cos it's very likely that he will not feature.

I mentioned Torres. I mentioned Aquilani. Do you expect me to state the positives and leave out the negatives??
Torres and Aquilani are positives, yet you accuse me of ''focusing ONLY on Liverpool's weaknesses''.

Voronin and Babel were not ''picked on''. Were they or were they not impressive on Wednesday night? Do they or do they not feature in the first team?
I really don't understand your beef here. I stated the facts as they are.

As for the Arsenal loss, yes, I am surprised. Is that now a crime? So what if there were changes, were there not also changes to the Arsenal side?? Try being objective yourself.
I stated the fact that Liverpool put up a great performance against United.  .  .you conveniently ignored that. Even if the loss was still bugging me(a full 5 days later, for crying out loud), I always give credit when it is due.

Fulham.  .  .dunno much about them. All I had was their injury list. I found their one strength and added it for balance. That a crime too?
For God's sake, ''focuses on Fulham's strengths''. How many strengths did I mention? You make it sound like I listed and fully expatiated 15!

Heck, this is just what I don't like. If you must criticize, be constructive and don't accuse me falsely.
I asked you guys to volunteer to analyze these games; none of you Liverpool guys did except for Illusion2. So please don't hate on what I put up, especially when I am never biased about it.

And yes, I am offended by your comments. They are untrue and very unfair.
If the current facts about your team do not please you, blame your team for their dip in form. I only state things as they are.
The onus is on Liverpool to prove the United performance wasn't a one-off thing, bottom line. Dunno how that is arguable.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Borat1: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2009
This should be an easy win for liverpool
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Cristalz(f): 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2009
@tocdee
To further buttress my point.  .  .please check this post out:

bgees:

I'm kind of disappointed we lost the game even if its a Carling cup. u see, silverware matters a lot right now. there are players in the squad who have have given everything but haven't won any.

winning trophies of any kind will encourage the good players to stay and improve- that way we don't get to lose our best players.

i think we should have something to show for at the end of every season be it tea cup or milk cup because a season without a trophy is a failure.

the fringe players like Babel and Voronin aren't doing themselves a lot of good. How do they hope to get into the 1st team when they are always missing good chances to score?

I just hope we take the FA cup seriously.

Apparently bgees and I observed the same fact (though the dude had the temerity to say ''she knows very little about Liverpool'').
How come you did not blame him for ''picking on'' these guys? 'Cos you know he is right. Just like I am.

Hell, this is really vexing me. Gotta go chill.  .  .some U-17 WC game should be on.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by EARLMAGIC: 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2009
Cristalz:

Andrew Johnson is struggling with a shoulder problem,

Liverpool lost to Arsenal at the Emirates on Wednesday night in their Carling Cup tie. This was rather surprising after putting up a great performance against Manchester United last weekend.

Aquilani featured in Wednesday's game against Arsenal and had a pretty okay night. He will feature in this game as well, giving the midfield a much required boost. He plays deep, so this will be a sort of replacement for Steven Gerrard who plays a more forward role now, and no longer the deep midfield role he used to play.

Jeez guys! Even the best of analysts differ on their opinion of the game.
I think cristlaz’s analysis is almost “spot on”.
I think the Fulham match will be a test of Liverpools "recovery". The Arsenal match was not a test of Liverpool’s strength but rather the depth if you get what I mean.
Liverpool fans should hope and pray that we see Stevie G soon as his injury may be worse than originally thought. He may need surgery. I think we will start with the same starting 11 that beat United.
As for Fulham Roy Hdgson has done a wonderful job since taking over from Lawrie Sanchez. They qualified for Europe and have had decent results against Roma (home) and Man city away. They will not roll over and play dead for us. Remember we had to dig deep to beat them last season at the cottage and they drew in Anfield.
My humble corrections
• Fulham has Eddie Johnson and Andrew (Andy) Johnson. Andy Johnson has a groin not a shoulder problem.
• Aquilani will not feature as he has a virus

NB: Liverpool have won four of their last six league games, though we have lost out last 2 away games. Going forward, only Arsenal have scored more than Liverpool this season

My prediction: a victory for Liverpool
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Cristalz(f): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2009
Thank you, Earl. I stand corrected on those points.

Now that's being constructive.
Perhaps you could teach tocdee and bgees.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by MrCrackles(m): 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2009
Cristalz:

Thank you, Earl. I stand corrected on those points.

Now that's being constructive.
Perhaps you could teach tocdee and bgees.
Shut up Crizzle. . .
You are Earl! tongue cool wink
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by tocdee(m): 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
Hey come on Crystalz  wink I never meant to sound harsh or anything and I criticized the article not the writer. I don't expect you to be pro-Liverpool and I have my hands up here with a white flag in the air here. Truth is, I'm usually the first to bash players like Voronin and Babel (I'm not blind), but I think that's best left to subsequent posters and not the introductory post.

As I said, you've been doing a fantastic job and I look forward to them. Don't stop ok? Besides can you imagine what my pre-match comments would be like? Try this for a caption;

ALMIGHTY REDS POISED TO DEMOLISH FRANTIC FULHAM AS VORONIN EYES A PERFECT HAT-TRICK

Sizzling!!! grin grin

@ Bgees, Johnson's injured and his back-up Kelly is out too. Gerrard and Riera are absent and Aquilani has a virus. Did we offend anybody? angry angry
This is where Yossi the Jew steps up.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by tocdee(m): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Shut up Crizzle. . .
You are Earl! tongue cool wink

That's cheating!! But then, I could be Sauron, NOT!!!
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by MrCrackles(m): 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2009
tocdee:

That's cheating!! But then, I could be Sauron, NOT!!!
grin cheesy grin
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Cristalz(f): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2009
@tocdee
It's okay, but remember that the first post is an overview of both sides, and everything happening with them.
Even when I do previews for United, I point out where they are messed up and where they are strong. That's the usual.
If a club has got nothing negative to talk about, nothing negative will be talked about. . .as long as it's happening, I will mention it, good and/or bad.

@Brash
Quit being silly.
I am not Earl.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by bgees(m): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
with the latest injury news, this match is looking potentially harder for us.

@Cristalz,

i still think u were bias. But I've got to agree with Earlmagic,''Even the best of analysts differ on their opinion of the game''.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Krayola(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2009
Fulham Goal!! Zamora! grin grin

1-0 Fulham. Liverpool has been pounding them though
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by khanye(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2009
torres 1-1 grin
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by chic2pimp(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2009
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  ERIK NEVLAND shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

FULHAM 2 LIVERPOOL 1
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Krayola(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2009
This Liverpool sef. E get as e be grin grin grin See as Arsenal dey whoop ass and take names
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by tocdee(m): 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2009
WHAT THE *#*#&* shocked angry grin . It's curtains for Liverpool this season! Torres injured and the Redss down 2-1!!! Its all going wrong for them this season.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by tocdee(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2009
Red card for Degen. Liverpool down to 10 men.
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by chic2pimp(m): 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2009
RED CARD JAMIE CARRAGHER LIVERPOOL HAVE DESCENDED INTO CHAOS 2 REDCARDS IN 2 MINUTES shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Borat1: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2009
Rafa is a madman,
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by ayusco: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2009
YEEEEEPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAA RED CARD FOR CARREGHER shocked shocked shocked SURE FERGIE WILL BE LAFFING IN MORSE CODE NOW grin WHAT A WAY FOR ONE'S SEASON TO CRASH & BURN
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Krayola(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
FULHAM GOAL!! grin grin grin 3-1

Defense went to sleep
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by chic2pimp(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CLINT DEMPSEY

FULHAM 3 LIVERPOOL 1  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

WHY DID RAFA TAKE OFF TORRES? undecided
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by aieromon(m): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2009
Whoa.
I love karma.This red card should have come against Owen.
Liverpool,u'll surely walk alone this week

Dempsey GOALLLL
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by aieromon(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
Chai!
See as Rafa dey sweat.What will happen when you lose to Lyon?
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by Borat1: 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
That should be it,
done and dusted i think
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by tocdee(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2009
It's almost comical!!!! IMPLOSION!! Cristalz has jinxed Liverpool!
Re: Fulham Vs Liverpool [3-1] On Saturday, 31st October; by akinalabi(m): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2009
Carra should have been sent off against Man Utd

He's a Arrow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Chelsea Fc African 11 + 5 Reserve Players / Manchester City Celebrations In Pictures / Priemership Fanaticism: Arsenal Fan Stabbed On The Head In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.