Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says (18164 Views)

I Won’t Come Down Till Buhari Steps Down, Man Says, After Climbing Mast In Abuja / I Ran Away To Libya To Escape My Dad’s Sexual Demands —returnee / 70-yr-old Man With 3 Wives, 14 Children Arrested For Raping 7-yr-old Orphan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:49am On Nov 07, 2016
•Brothers arrested in Ondo

From John Adams, Minna and Bamigbola Gbolagunte, Akure

A 75-year-old man, Mallam Yahaya Shanjijiri, and his 14 children were among over 500 suspected criminals who voluntarily renounced their activities in Rijau Local Government Area of Niger state at the weekend.

Mallam Shanjijiri, alleged to be one of the most notorious criminals in the state who publicly announced his retirement from his illicit business at the palace of Sarkin Bauchi, in Rijau, confessed to have been kingpin for over 30 years.

He disclosed that he had stopped going out for operation eight years ago due to age, but was providing his children intelligence and training.

[b]According to him, he began his criminal act when he was barely 10- year- old, stealing within neighborhood and gradually grew to stealing goats and cattle before engaging in a full blown robbery.

Mallam Shanjijiri said he had been arrested and sent to prison 11 times but regained his freedom. He said his area of operation includes Niger, Kebbi and Sokoto states.
He told the gathering, which included the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Rijau, head of vigilance group and other security agencies that he carried out over 300 operations, an average of three operations in a month.
He stated further that he and members of his gang which included his children used to make between N2million to N3million in every successful operation. According to him, the proceeds were usually shared into four places.

Shanjijiri, who spoke in Hausa said: “When we robbed and the operation is successful, we would settle the security, we would keep some for court cases; we also settled our herbalist who prepared charms for our us.

“The remaining proceeds we used to take care of ourselves and I had been doing this for the past 30 years. Although, I have been arrested, charged to court and sent to prison 11 times, I still regained my freedom”.

He confessed that he and his gang had been responsible for a number of high profile robbery, kidnapping and cattle rustling in Niger, Kebbi and Sokoto states. He said his gang never killed any victim in their operations. He noted that nobody forced them into repentance.

“I want God and all those we have robbed in the past to forgive us as we will never contemplate doing such again‎ in this life. I want to make it clear that nobody forced or threatened us to take this step of repentance:We did it of our own volition because it doesn’t pay‎,”
he concluded.[/b]

In a related development, two brothers, Elijah Okpara and Prince Okpara were at the weekend arrested by men of the Ondo State Police Command over alleged roles in robbery incidents in the state.

The suspects who were arrested at Abusoro in Ijoka area of Akure are currently being interrogated by the police.
One of the suspects, Elijah said he and his brother were into burglary and robbery, having lost their jobs due to the current economic hardship in the country.

He said he and his sibling had not killed any of their victims as they only broke into shops and stole goods .
Parading the suspects, the state Police Commissioner, Mrs. Hilda Harrison said the police recovered from the suspects a single-barrel gun.

She said: “While our Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) opratives were on patrol at Abusoro community, some boys whose movements were suspicious within the community were arrested by combined efforts of policemen and youths of the area.

“ Elijah was arrested with a black bag, containing a locally-made gun, while the other two boys escaped. Investigation is on with a view to arresting the remaining suspects.”

It was gathered that after Elijah had been arrested, his brother, Prince too was later arrested by the police in Elijah’s house .
Elijah said he was introduced into robbery by one of his friends, called Kenny.

All the “born again” criminals swore by either the Holy Quran the Holy Bible according to their faith, at the palace, promising never never to return to crime again while begging for forgiveness from their victims.
Speaking at the event, the chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, Rijau branch, Mallam Adamu Shanbo, said the repentance by the criminals was a welcome development, adding that the people of Niger,Kebbi and Sokoto could now sleep with both eyes closed.

“This is a welcome development to our people as it would reduce the menace of stealing, armed robbery and kidnapping of innocent people for ransom”.

Confirming the story to our Correspondent in Minna, the Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), Niger State Command, Bala Elkana, Deputy Superintendent said these “born again” criminals are among the over 5,000 that have renounced their criminal activities across the 25 local government areas of the state.

http://sunnewsonline.com/how-i-ran-gang-with-my-14-children-man-75/

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by BarrElChapo(m): 5:57am On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmmmmmm. 2nd FTC in one day.. Donald Trump For US Presidential elections. Americans use ur head wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Anoruo(m): 6:01am On Nov 07, 2016
Very serious

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by INTROVERT(f): 6:04am On Nov 07, 2016
I just woke up.
Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Phi001(m): 6:07am On Nov 07, 2016
How will somebody wake up and start reading epistle?

Abeg summarize that thing and add pishur...

The old man wan form Mafia abi... All his kids joined bad gang...

8 Likes

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by BarrElChapo(m): 6:25am On Nov 07, 2016
INTROVERT:
I just woke up.

Hope u dreamt about me kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by sucreblazing(m): 6:29am On Nov 07, 2016
dis one is serious o...bt them suppose stil jail am nw, abi if person don confess e knw fit go jail again ?

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by eezeribe(m): 6:29am On Nov 07, 2016
OK
Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Generalkorex(m): 6:30am On Nov 07, 2016
odikwa serious
Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by sekundosekundo: 6:47am On Nov 07, 2016
Na waa oo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by holatin(m): 6:59am On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmmmm truly no tribe wey no get vicious human

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by hemartins(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2016
He is closer to the grave now and he choose to give up his bad ways. What about all those he had caused pains.

5 Likes

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by ibroh22(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2016
ok o

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by cescky(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2016
Na them them oo

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by beautiful232(f): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2016
clap for yourself old man

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by obaival(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2016
Dat must b Arewa name abi?

NCAN

3 Likes

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2016
Awon Gang and Baba Alaye

2 Likes

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by faitheverest(f): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2016
Ran gang.....
Na fly gang go be next...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Olukokosir(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2016
A 75-year-old man, Mallam Yahaya Shanjijiri, and his 14
children were among over 500 suspected criminals who
voluntarily renounced their activities in Rijau Local
Government Area of Niger state at the weekend.

C dem gang Lord

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2016
no b small thin

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by jejemanito: 11:20am On Nov 07, 2016
Phi001:
How will somebody wake up and start reading epistle?

Abeg summarize that thing and add pishur...

The old man wan form Mafia abi... All his kids joined bad gang...

I'm dead grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Pavore9: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2016
"Mallam Shanjijiri said he had been arrested and sent to prison 11 times but regained his freedom.....When we robbed and the operation is successful, we would settle the security, we would keep some for court cases; we also settled our herbalist who prepared charms for our us." shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by ewosk: 11:21am On Nov 07, 2016
hmm

Good they changed

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by johnstar(m): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2016
Hmm
Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Animaxwell(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2016
Our 17th century brothers and Thief be like police and #50

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by jidxin(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2016
after spoiling d lives of his children

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Animaxwell(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2016
Our 17th century brothers and Thief be like police and #50 ;DOur 17th century brothers and Thief be like police and #50

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by faaz24: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2016
Recession can cause:
Secession, obsession, confusion,and concession.

Recession can also cause;
Attraction, seduction, affection and attention.
But it all depends on ones perception.

2 Likes

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by mangojuice(m): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2016
sekundosekundo:
Na waa oo!

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by Kaybaba5(m): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2016
Wonders shall never cease

Family of robbers

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by rabex123(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2016
Disgrace to arewa

1 Like

Re: How I Ran Gang With My 14 Children- 75years Old Man Says by 9jaBloke: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2016
It's possible they didn't kill. It's very difficult, almost impossible in fact to turn a new leaf when you've shed innocent blood.

He and his 14 children! Jeez!! Started at 10 years. Went to jail 11 times. 65 years of crime. The man is a career criminal.

I hope all his children are repenting along with him 'cos I'm almost certain that they didn't learn any other trade.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDLEA Impounds Bullion Vans Loaded With Indian Hemp In Ogun / Lagos State Jails 6 Motorists For Buying Goods In Traffic / 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.