Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) (946 Views)

Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / Susan Ojukwu Receives $90k USAID Donald M. Payne Dollars Fellowship Award / Ngozi Marion Emmanuel, UNIZIK Youngest Lecturer, Wins N45M TETFund Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by Oladipos(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
Dr. Azeez Olaniyan of the Department of Political Science, Ekiti State University (EKSU), has been awarded a highly competitive fellowship at the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society in Munich, Germany.

The Rachel Carson Center is a joint initiative of LMU Munich and the Deutsches Museum, which is supported by the German Ministry of Research and Education.

As a Carson Fellow, Dr. Olaniyan will spend six months, from January to June 2017, to research on the topic of “forest reserves as security threats in Nigeria.”

The fellowship with a monetary value of € 21,000 adds to the dozens of awards received by the brilliant academic who is also the Assistant Director of the Institute of Peace, Security and Governance at EKSU.

In May 2014, Dr. Olaniyan was a recipient of a postdoctoral research grant of the African Humanities Program (AHP) awarded by the American Council for Learned Societies (ACLS) based in New York.

A month later, the scholar alongside two of his colleagues at his university got another grant from the American Political Science Association (APSA) for the African Workshop Alumni Networking to organize methodology workshop for graduates in the Social Sciences in the Nigerian universities.

Between January and December 2013, Dr. Olaniyan was a postdoctoral fellow in the School of Social Sciences, at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa.

Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by walemoney007(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2016
H
Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
I think the highest number of professors In Nigeria comes from that State. Academic feats like this are not foreign to the State. Up Ekiti State,up Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by Unsad(m): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2016
angry
Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by eezeribe(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2016
OK
Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by STENON(f): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
Congrats.
Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
muyoge:
I think the highest number of professors In Nigeria comes from that State. Academic feats like this are not foreign to the State. Up Ekiti State,up Nigeria.

U can make a meaningful comment without seeming tribalistic, I'm sick and tired of reading comments likes urs on nairaland everyday. I support one Nigeria and whether it's coming from Ekiti or Oyo, it's to the glory of God and Nigeria.
Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by Oladipos(m): 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
Se e pass this hin comment?
LARRYDKING:

U can make a meaningful comment without seeming tribalistic, I'm sick and tired of reading comments likes urs on nairaland everyday. I support one Nigeria and whether it's coming from Ekiti or Oyo, it's to the glory of God and Nigeria.
Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Take it easy now, your jaundiced preoccupation could not even make you understand the import of up Nigeria that I encapsulated my write up with. Why the aggression transfer na?
Re: Ekiti State University Lecturer Wins German Prestigious Fellowship Award (photo) by bakila: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2016
muyoge:

Take it easy now, your jaundiced preoccupation could not even make you understand the import of up Nigeria that I encapsulated my write up with. Why the aggression transfer na?
Transfer of aggression.

(1) (Reply)

Research Projects Found In Dustbin.. Check Out The University. / How To Go About Correction Of Data/change Of Course And Institution 2017 / Anambra Tops All In 2017 National Common Entrance Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.