Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? (3808 Views)

I Need Someone To Pay For My Hosting On Bluehost. / Blog For Sale With Free Adsense And Hosting Account / ##new REGISTERED Premium Hosting account On *justhost* For Sale## (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2016
I opened a personal website late last year and I hosted on a paid Hosting plan (For a 1 year service) and since then I have not been using the site due to some situation.

Presently my account is due to expire in a week time and the Host/Domain Providers are notifying me to pay for continuation of service which I'm no longer interested.

So how do I terminate or Close the account completely? Thank you
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by kokertalented: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nafizzey:
I opened a personal website late last year and I hosted on a paid Hosting plan (For a 1 year service) and since then I have not been using the site due to some situation.

Presently my account is due to expire in a week time and the Host/Domain Providers are notifying me to pay for continuation of service which I'm no longer interested.

So how do I terminate or Close the account completely? Thank you

just login to ur dashboard and click " De-Activate"

2 Likes

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by markbenny(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
Make sure that auto-renew is not enabled, else you will be automatically charged for a renewal, unless of course it is set to manual renewal.

once you do not renew, the domain name will be held for a while after which it will be dissociated from your account and become 'parked' by your registrar, in the same manner, you site details will be held in the hosting account and after a few weeks it will be marked for deletion, so just disable auto renew and take a chill pill

or you contact customer care to guide you through

3 Likes

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
markbenny:
Make sure that auto-renew is not enabled, else you will be automatically charged for a renewal, unless of course it is set to manual renewal.

once you do not renew, the domain name will be held for a while after which it will be dissociated from your account and become 'parked' by your registrar, in the same manner, you site details will be held in the hosting account and after a few weeks it will be marked for deletion, so just disable auto renew and take a chill pill

How do I know if auto renewal is enabled or not let me disabled it As soon as possible please.?
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by markbenny(m): 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
go to your payment gateway or where the notification is showing for expiry, you did not mention what registrar you used, so know way i can know exactly what or where

Nafizzey:
How do I know if auto renewal is enabled or not let me disabled it As soon as possible please.?

1 Like

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by SmartMugu: 6:18am On Nov 08, 2016
Depending on how professional your hosting service provider is, you should be provided with your subscription details and a reference to making changes to your account - which includes termination of your service which you are currently concerned about.
Otherwise, there should be a phone number, an email address, a contact form or at the least a chat means to reach someone from their end to make such requests.

If you don't have access to any of those, then you may need to ask yourself if your hosting service intends taking advantage of their clients via any auto-payment methods they may offer.

1 Like

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by hottathanfire(m): 6:23am On Nov 08, 2016
The responses should be able to guide you

1 Like

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by justFEARLESS(m): 6:30am On Nov 08, 2016
God bless God for igirigi
Igirigi potential Ambassador.
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 6:31am On Nov 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
Depending on how professional your hosting service provider is, you should be provided with your subscription details and a reference to making changes to your account - which includes termination of your service which you are currently concerned about.
Otherwise, there should be a phone number, an email address, a contact form or at the least a chat means to reach someone from their end to make such requests.

If you don't have access to any of those, then you may need to ask yourself if your hosting service intends taking advantage of their clients via any auto-payment methods they may offer.
I have contacted the site admin over the issue.. I hope I succeed.
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 6:33am On Nov 08, 2016
markbenny:
go to your payment gateway or where the notification is showing for expiry, you did not mention what registrar you used, so know way i can know exactly what or where

I am using Domainking, I posted the issue on their page here on nairaland. I just saw the thread. I hope the resolve the issue honestly . Thank you

1 Like

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by SmartMugu: 6:49am On Nov 08, 2016
Nafizzey:
I have contacted the site admin over the issue.. I hope I succeed.
Are you concerned about being auto-charged or you just want to cancel your service asap? Most hosting provideos I know of offer means of turning off auto-charge for their clients from within their portal.

1 Like

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by BIGTinfotech: 7:10am On Nov 08, 2016
You can deactivate your account, but make sure your domain name is parked so you can use it again if you wish, else it would be unavailable after a while.

Chat with the hosting company care agent. They'd be of meaningful help.

1 Like

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2016
SmartMugu:

Are you concerned about being auto-charged or you just want to cancel your service asap? Most hosting provideos I know of offer means of turning off auto-charge for their clients from within their portal.
I am concerned about been auto charge because I suspect they still have my bank details through which I paid last year...
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by sakalisis(m): 7:22am On Nov 08, 2016
Go thru your profile setting and you will see where to diable autorenewal
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2016
Remove all your payment cards or methods from the site to avoid stories that touch...
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by drehdinho(m): 9:30am On Nov 08, 2016
BIGTinfotech:
You can deactivate your account, but make sure your domain name is parked so you can use it again if you wish, else it would be unavailable after a while.

Chat with the hosting company care agent. They'd be of meaningful help.

How can someone park the expired domain for later use ? Please shed more light .
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by BIGTinfotech: 9:47am On Nov 08, 2016
Your hosting company can help you do that, although they might charge a token for it.
drehdinho:

How can someone park the expired domain for later use ? Please shed more light .
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by craves(m): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2016
this poster won just show himself. No offence though,
Its either ur not the one that opened the account or you wanna assist somone outthere...

If truely your are the one that personaly bought the domain name and hosting, did all file transfer, set DNS and the rest. Then deactivating the account shouldnt be a problem to u cos i see it as a far lesser task than the processes i mentioned above

1 Like

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2016
craves:
this poster won just show himself. No offence though,
Its either ur not the one that opened the account or you wanna assist somone outthere...

If truely your are the one that personaly bought the domain name and hosting, did all file transfer, set DNS and the rest. Then deactivating the account shouldnt be a problem to u cos i see it as a far lesser task than the processes i mentioned above
It's my account man, I personally opened it. The issue is I have been using the site and I have just a single article since I opened the last year..

Since then the site has been abandoned by Me. I saved my log in details in PC I used to open the site which is not presently with me now and I have forgotten the log in details.. I am presently using phone...
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by sunnysunny(m): 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hello Guy. how much do you pay for the plan per year maybe i can buy it over. please tell me how much they will charge you for another one year?
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 5:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
sunnysunny:
Hello Guy. how much do you pay for the plan per year maybe i can buy it over. please tell me how much they will charge you for another one year?
#3,200
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Justpassingby2(m): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2016
Pls I would love to buy d site.. Cnt.. Osamojeohimaidami @gmail.com
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2016
markbenny:

Wonderful opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by sunnysunny(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nafizzey:
#3,200

Like seriously. which hosting company are u using and where are they located and do you have the login details so that i can buy and continue using it?
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
sunnysunny:

Like seriously. which hosting company are u using and where are they located and do you have the login details so that i can buy and continue using it?
sorry is domainking.ng.
Re: HELP How Do I Cancel My Hosting Account And Domain? by Nafizzey(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
sunnysunny:

sorry for late reply it is domainking.com.ng.

(1) (Reply)

How To Clear Any Amount Borrowed Mtn Airtime Freely / Crack To Speed Up Mozilla Firefox About 3-30x Faster! / Download Best Blogger Template 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.