Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ (743 Views)

Sheriff Oborevowre Accused Of Bribing Traditional Rulers With N10m (Photos) / INTERESTING: CCT Judge Offers To Give Saraki Water / William-Jennings Jefferson Jailed For Bribing Atiku - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by sirequity(m): 7:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
THE National Legal Adviser of the All Progressives Congress, Muiz Banire, has offered to resign from his post pending the conclusion of investigations into his alleged bribery of a judge.

In a letter addressed to the party leadership, Mr. Banire said he was not only shocked but “extremely disturbed” by media reports claiming he paid a judge N500,000.

“As surreal as I find the allegation to be, I will not stand by and watch it negatively affect the name of the party,” said Mr. Banire, a former lecturer at the University of Lagos.

“Mr. Chairman, Sir, it is in view of the above circumstances that I wish to temporarily step aside from my position on our National Working Committee as the National Legal Adviser of our party until completion and final outcome of the EFCC investigation involving my person.”

Mr. Banire’s offer to step down from his post, a position he occupied at the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria and continued after the merger that birthed the APC, came less than 24 hours after he issued a public statement denying the bribery allegations.

Read more: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/apc-legal-adviser-accused-of-bribing-a-judge-offers-to-step-aside/
Re: APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by nely(m): 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2016
Re: APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by mercenary: 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
At least we still have a few sane people in that party

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by eezeribe(m): 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
OK
Re: APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by kcnwaigbo: 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
He should not offer to step down rather he should step down immediately!! He should be followed by Amaechi and Onu
Re: APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by Flexherbal(m): 5:28am On Nov 08, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
He should not offer to step down rather he should step down immediately!! He should be followed by Amaechi and Onu
Almost all our leaders are corrupt !
Re: APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by joeprince23(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2016
Like leader like followers APC is haram... #SenatorOlakaNwogu rivers-southeast #PDP
Re: APC Legal Adviser Accused Of Bribing A Judge Offers To ‘step aside’ by stinggy(m): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2016
Not absolving him, but I'm impressed by his action.
If all indicted office holders can follow suit... Saraki, Amaechi, Fayemi, Fayose, all of them across party line..

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Gov Mimiko,Ondo APC Candidate Akeredolu & Rochas Okorocha / Court Of Appeal Reserves Judgment In Ondo PDP Disputes / A Case Against Jungle Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.