Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

The Origin Of The Phrase 'thinking Outside The Box ' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Origin Of The Phrase 'thinking Outside The Box ' (1126 Views)

How The Phrase ‘my Dear’ Can Put You In Trouble / Strange Origin Of 9 Everyday Objects We Use / UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Origin Of The Phrase 'thinking Outside The Box ' by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
There is a famous puzzle. 9 dots arranged in a square, like this

Your job is to connect all of the dots using only 4 straight lines without lifting your hand off the paper, crossing each dot only once.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Phrase 'thinking Outside The Box ' by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
The only way to do it is to extend at least one of the lines beyond the perimeter of the "box".

This solution never occurs to most people. They see a box, and their thinking is limited by that.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Phrase 'thinking Outside The Box ' by tukdi: 4:25am On Jul 08, 2017
shocked

Awesome, these are the kinds of things we need on frontpage!!! undecided

***heaved a deep sigh or relief***

grin

(1) (Reply)

Criminology In Nigeria / List of some cheap private Universities And Their Fees. / Please How Can I Upload My O Level Result On Jamb Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.