Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (60063 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by godgenius(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
hi
i have a HP 530 laptop but whenever i charge it to its fullest, the battery goes down in less than 10 mins,i can only use my laptop whan there is light
pls i need your help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by wealth2al(m): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
I WANT TO SHOW YOU FOR FEE HOW TO GET A BRAND NEW HP LAPTOP FOR 15,000 WITHOUT HASSLE.

JUST DOWNLOAD THE FREE E-BOOK I HAVE CREATED FOR YOU BELOW.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by routik(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2009
hi
i have a HP 530 laptop but whenever i charge it to its fullest, the battery goes down in less than 10 mins,i can only use my laptop whan there is light
pls i need your help
How long have you been noticing this ?
is likely to be that your battery is bad and needs to be replaced.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by godgenius(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2009
close to 2months and the half, but in case i need to replace it hw much do u think i get it in computer village
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by zenus(m): 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
godgenius:

hi
pls i need your help

best solution is to change the battery.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by dolu2007(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2009
How do i restore hibernation i deleted mistakenly?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by gomez1(m): 2:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
Hello, thanks for the thread. Please my Laptop does not have audion device i.e. anytime i play a CD or DVD, i cant here the sound and it gives the message "No Audio Device Installed".
Pls help. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bigrod1: 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2009
[size=24pt]@poster,

we need more pple like u.keep up d good work[/size]
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by whiteroses(f): 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
my apple computer has cracked a little and the apple sig is protruding, i tried taping it but i need proffesional help! oh poster help what to do grin

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
kruz:

hi deji! thanx for your response.
however,
1. the OS is xp ('had a roll-back done from vista over a year ago)
2. i dont put it on for now. 'just abandoned it cos i have been busy kinda.
3. when it first started, i'd be working and just 'whooosh' it is gone. (powered down that is)
4. the battery is still intact. no problem with the usb ports.
5. the charging port is also intact.
6. when it powered down, all lights went out except the ac power input when connected. but if on battery, no indicator light remains on.
7. i once felt like it might be the fan for the processor causing the heart-ache cos i thot i didnt feel the hot air that normally flows out of the vent outlets. aint sure, but plan to check it out or have it checked when i think i'm less busy. (probably during the christmas break)

hope to hear from you though, if you have a few instructions for me to follow for troubleshooting or repairs.
thanx once again. smiley   smiley 

find in this thread my reply to Jevwe on November 14, 2009, 01:30 AM

Regards

Deji
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by zenus(m): 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
dolu2007:

How do i restore hibernation i deleted mistakenly?

To get hibernation
if u r using XP.

goto power managment.

then enable hibernation from there
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by abariko1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
I have a Hp Laptop 550, It has no inbuilt bluotooth; pls I want help on how I can lets say download Bluesoliel for free on the net or anyother way. And also I want to use my Laptop to browse the internet in my house; I use MTN sim and a Nokia phone that is  enabled with browsing.

You help is urgently needed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2009
whiteroses:

my apple computer has cracked a little and the apple sig is protruding, i tried taping it but i need proffesional help! oh poster help what to do grin

looking at the picture woman, this needs to be repair. what you have done is ideal.
However it wont last as this may cause other problems. e.g screen or hinges falling off.
best bet is to take in for repair or upgrade to a new laptop. by the looks of that pictures
seems the laptop is old and I doubts if is got manufacture warranty

Could you please let me know
how you get on as this re-enforce
what i already knew and to
learn more in becoming a better tec

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
my laptop monitor is faulty, it remains dim. i opened it and found out that the circuit board the cables are connected to just below the screen is bad(i'll have to hold it down for the light to come up). what can i do? i use hp nx6310.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by strategy: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
my laptop hp nx6110 keeps hanging @ boot up, other times it hangs while on windows, i have to press down the front surface close to the mouse touch pad b4 it could work a little, then hangs again! pls wat can i do?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2009
abariko1:

I have a Hp Laptop 550, It has no inbuilt bluotooth; pls I want help on how I can lets say download Bluesoliel for free on the net or anyother way. And also I want to use my Laptop to browse the internet in my house; I use MTN sim and a Nokia phone that is  enabled with browsing.

http://www.bluesoleil.com/

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2009
godgenius:

hi
pls i need your help

This is a known issue abariko1 you"re not alone. I once replied to you

Here it is again http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

[b]http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09221.html

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bgmoey: 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
i use a dell 1525 laptop.
For some time now, it has stopped charging. when i plug in the ac adapter. It shows "plugged in - not charging".
Im tired of this as my laptop battery is dead and no means to charge the battery.
Its just like im using a desktop computer, cant use it when there is no power supply.
Ur help will be highly appreciated.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
geedee700:

my laptop monitor is faulty, it remains dim. i opened it and found out that the circuit board the cables are connected to just below the screen is bad(i'll have to hold it down for the light to come up). what can i do? i use hp nx6310.

seems is the powerboard this need repairing. take it to a shop

Good luck
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
bgmoey:

For some time now, it has stopped charging. when i plug in the ac adapter. It shows "plugged in - not charging".
Im tired of this as my laptop battery is dead and no means to charge the battery.
Its just like im using a desktop computer, cant use it when there is no power supply.
your help will be highly appreciated.

This a know issue with the Dells. turn off please back on keep pressing F2
you"ll see a blue screen go to power management and check battery health status

after that follow this brilliant advice

http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk/blog/calibrate-laptop-battery/

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Busybody2(f): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2009
deji2009:

This is a known issue abariko1 you"re not alone. I once replied to you

Here it is again http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

[b]http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09221.html

Hiya where are you based? Saw the thread you opened about the computer offer of help. . . I have a problem with a couple of my computer, somethng about bluescreen and the fact that it annoyingly logs off everytime cry The other one refuses to switch on and when it does, all i get is this white screen with a vertical line forming in the side, like it is trying to load, and sometimes it does not switch on without the charger plugged in undecided They are both XPS Dell model, pls help embarassed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2009
strategy:

my laptop hp nx6110 keeps hanging @ boot up, other times it hangs while on windows, i have to press down the front surface close to the mouse touch pad b4 it could work a little, then hangs again! pls wat can i do?

This is know issue. follow Hp advice www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&docname=c00439024&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&docname=c00439024&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Busybody2(f): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2009
bgmoey:

your help will be highly appreciated.

This guy is a winch shocked shocked shocked I just posted the same thing or tried to but didn't make sense to even myself tongue embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
Busy_body:

Hiya where are you based? Saw the thread you opened about the computer offer of help. . . I have a problem with a couple of my computer, somethng about bluescreen and the fact that it annoyingly logs off everytime cry The other one refuses to switch on and when it does, all i get is this white screen with a vertical line forming in the side, like it is trying to load, and sometimes it does not switch on without the charger plugged in undecided They are both XPS Dell model, pls help embarassed

1st one display blue screen like below. with the image i attached tell us exactly what
the blue screen says as there are millions of this so we need to be specific.

2nd wont turn on with lines

take battery+charger out please
nothing else attached. don't be alarm!

hold your finger down on laptop power button
for 30 seconds as this discharge static build up

plug just charger into mains back on again and
keep pressing F2 or F1 for Bios if is still same there
then you have a hardware problem. try connecting laptop
to a monitor or TV and see if same

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Pharoh: 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2009
Good Job guys and let me join you now in giving some solutions.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by tipsydude(m): 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ Topic

mine ain't more of a problem than a challenge. am using d Macbook Air by Apple and I really need 2 get MS Office suite on it so I can view word docs sent 2 me. I would also like 2 install windows on it so I could run both OS simultaneously i.e. Mac and Windows.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Busybody2(f): 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
With the first one, sometimes it just switches off and switches itself on again, and then says something about microsoft detecting a problem ; bluescreen, whilst the problem about getting the white screen when i switch the second one sometimes happens to the first one too, can i just link you up somewhere to drop them off to you abeg, i don't trust myself with taking the batteries off, i don't even know where the batteries are to start with embarassed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by blackweaver(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
whiteroses:

i notice that your apple computer was manufactured by HP, there's an HP service center in VI, perhaps they can help you fix it,
on the other hand you can just remove the apple and eat it i'm sure the machine will still work

abariko1:

why do you want to use Bluesoliel? i once tried it and it caused me lots of problems; my advice if you are based in lagos
buy a usb bluetooth dongle in pc villa; buy one that doesn't come with an installation disc that way you are sure that
windows will support it out of the box.
As for conecting to the internet, go to the nokia site and download the latest version of nokia pcsuite for your phone and install;
the recent versions of pcsuite even recognise Mtn Nigeria, Glo and Zain (i don't know about Etisalat though).
After setting up if you still have problems let us know
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by mufikings(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
Hello,

I use a HP Pavillion with 1 Gig Ram.My challenge is that I make us of lots of heavy programmes cos am into web design and other stuffs.~

These programmes tend to slow my system mostly when am online i.e connected to the internet.I have a Windows vista installed and have been using the laptop for 2 years now.

I would like to know:

1.Can I increase the ram to say 2 Gig, i understand that would make it process faster considering the programmes i have installed.

2.whats the side effect and what would this cost me.

I await your prompt reply.

Murphy.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by vishnu2: 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
I formatted my laptop hp dv6 pavillion few weeks and have been using it since then without any ant virus installed on it, courtesy of a friend who told me that window defender is same thing as anti virus. Though my system has been doing pretty well(both in speed and browsing) since then without any hitch but i still nurse the feeling that i may be subjecting the system to its untimely breakdown by viruses.
Please could the idea of using window defender in the place of anti virus be true or am i making a big mistake? Your well informed and professional advice is highly needed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.