Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (60061 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 5:26am On Dec 08, 2009
Busy_body don't give up yet.

if you decide to I can buy the laptops
off you as faulty/spare parts
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 5:31am On Dec 08, 2009
@Busy Body jaybee is right.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 5:33am On Dec 08, 2009
@Grizzly www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm

Could you please let me know
how you get on as this re-enforce
what i already knew and to
learn more in becoming a better tec

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 5:38am On Dec 08, 2009
@Chrischima

HPWAMain.exe is wireless application bundled with HP computers that allows you to control different settings on the computer's wireless devices such as Bluetooth and WLAN.

Did you try to start in Safe Mode? use google to find out how to

start > Run > Msconfig >start up then look for HPWAMai untick the box

or type in Run services then look for HPWAMai right click property >stop it and then start it again

or refresh your wireless adaptor by going to device manager right click on the wifi adaptor then uinstall > ok

restart notebook then test. if you dont know how use google

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 5:40am On Dec 08, 2009
@ FL Gators

Take the picture of your laptop
exactly how you described then post here

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 08, 2009
deji2009:

@ FL Gators-
Take the picture of your laptop
exactly how you described then post here

Good luck !

I'll try. . . . but I dnt think the pix will help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 08, 2009
The first pic is the power button. Supposed to be green.

The second pix, the battery signal was not flashing when I took the pix. But its supposed to be a stable green.

Dnt stress over it, I'll take it to a technician. smiley

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by smakcad(m): 6:53am On Dec 08, 2009
for the Lg flash,i know not wat software to use.but i know there is one.then u can take it to any LG office they will see if they can do it 4 u.Additionally i advice we use our flash 4 carriage and not 4 storage.that way we would not have to lose any of our stuffs pls.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by nifty: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2009
Plz my toshiba A60 laptop wont load into windows just hangs where the bar moves under the windows logo,they said its a board problem,how can i get a board for toshiba A60 laptop nd hw much will it cost?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Wellas14(m): 6:55am On Dec 08, 2009
A friend's Toshiba laptop displays a redish tint on the screen from time to time. After a while the true colour comes back.
Then the laptop fan ocassionally start makes a grinding sound which when it happens the system hangs as long as that sound is on.
Where can i get another fan for it
Solutions please.

The laptop model is TOSHIBA SATELLITE EDTION A215-S4757.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by smakcad(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2009
pls the guy tht expeiences system hanging wen browsing sud try changing browser.mozila or safri works well well
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bimbor(m): 8:31am On Dec 08, 2009
Help! My Sony Vaio laptop is just a year old, but the battery has been giving me a lot of headache lately, it does not last more than 5 minutes when it is unplugged from the power supply mains, presently I can only use it with power, is it not too early to develop this kind of problem? pls can anybody help to diagnose what the problem could be and if possible help to get me out of it, do i have to buy a new battery pack? guys pls help.

Also my DVD drive has stopped recognising discs, i visited the microsoft support page posted here and it did not fix the problem, I was told the problem stemmed out because I upgraded my Vista Home premium to SP2. Do I have to purchase another drive? and if I purchase another drive won't the problem resurface? Guys Pls Help a brother. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by prommy(f): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2009
my dell laptop cannot play net videos ike youtube and if it does it will be cutting off intermitently.pls what do i have to do.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Wellas14(m): 10:04am On Dec 08, 2009
prommy:

my dell laptop cannot play net videos ike youtube and if it does it will be cutting off intermitently.pls what do i have to do.
I believe it is as a result of your slow internet connection.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by dinkszy: 10:29am On Dec 08, 2009
Hi,i bought an everex va1501v gbook laptop in bangkok,when i came a friend of mine installed windows vista for me without activation.so when it expired,i decide 2 format it with the windows xp i have.after installation,i lost the sound,video controller(vga compatible),pci device and ethernet controller.pls help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2009
@ poster, thanks this is really good.

dinkszy:

Hi,i bought an everex va1501v gbook laptop in bangkok,when i came a friend of mine installed windows vista for me without activation.so when it expired,i decide 2 format it with the windows xp i have.after installation,i lost the sound,video controller(vga compatible),pci device and ethernet controller.pls help

You need the drivers.
Use the cd the system came with or check for the driver of everex va1501v on the internet

Good luck.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by SmashingM(f): 10:42am On Dec 08, 2009
Thank you for this oppurtunity. My friend travelled for four months and during this time, his labtop was neither used nor charged. When he came back, the labtop refused to boot and all attempt to boot it has proofed unabortive. I'll be very grateful to whatsoever help you'll be able to offer. The labtop make is Toshiba.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by thompsob(m): 10:43am On Dec 08, 2009
pls help, my hp laptop is runnin on window vista ultimate and its askin for product key
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by SmashingM(f): 10:47am On Dec 08, 2009
SmashingM:

Thank you for this oppurtunity. My friend travelled for four months and during this time, his labtop was neither used nor charged. When he came back, the labtop refused to boot and all attempt to boot it has proofed unabortive. I'll be very grateful to whatsoever help you'll be able to offer. The labtop make is Toshiba.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Sorry i made a mistake. All attempt to boot it has proofed abortive.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by aimanosi(m): 11:39am On Dec 08, 2009
This has to do with security problem, My sytem just refuse to open facebook anymore. Also It wont allow me to run some program unless I run as an admin despite I am already log on as an admin. my operating system is Vista home premium
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by naggbajumo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2009
my laptop is very slow.and has serious virus.pls send me a free virus web site
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by shola4sure(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2009
my toshiba satelite (windows xp) wont scan the hdd. it keeps tripping off each time i try. pls help!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2009
FL Gators:

I'll try. . . . but I dnt think the pix will help

what is the make and model ? this can be found by looking underneath the laptop

orange light indicate battery charging in progress-could be something else
best bet FL Gator try checking the manufacturer website for FAQS

When charger is disconnected lights should dissapear

when battery is flat orange light blicks continiously.

pop in to your nearest repairer and see what they suggest

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by adamawa: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2009
My Laptop is very slow and i guess WIN32 virus is the cause. how do I remove it?\
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
nifty:

Plz my toshiba A60 laptop wont load into windows just hangs where the bar moves under the windows logo,they said its a board problem,how can i get a board for toshiba A60 laptop nd hw much will it cost?

A good technician would often ask, when was it last working ?

Does it load pass Toshiba intouch with tomorrow

Here's your diagnostics

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

when there click start all programmes accesories system tools then system restore pick a date when it was last working
carefully follow screen instructions after restore has finish keep pressing f8 then you"ll see advanced option
pick start windows normally then test should go pass Toshiba intouch with tomorrow screen

if you are not able to get into safe mode then you have a software issues not a motherboard problem

then you need to backup your data by taking to a technician then wipe the system clean.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2009
Wellas14:

A friend's Toshiba laptop displays a redish tint on the screen from time to time. After a while the true colour comes back.
Then the laptop fan ocassionally start makes a grinding sound which when it happens the system hangs as long as that sound is on.
Where can i get another fan for it
Solutions please.

The laptop model is TOSHIBA SATELLITE EDTION A215-S4757.

1st screen issue- turn off please back on keep pressing f2 you"ll see a Bios screen
see if you have the same redish tint here. after connect to external monitor
and see if still the same. This is to rule out any possibilities

2nd Noisy fan-you need to take it to a technician.

I just did mine and guess is much cooler and can use it on my lap. bed
without it getting hot have also noticed air is escaping quickly

if still the same on that bios screen then you have a mechanic fault

take it to a technician Sir/Madam

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bijelee(m): 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
I tried formatting my system and i got an error like no hard disk drives found on this computer meanwhile i use a compaq presario  c300 running windows xp media center edition. Av checked the device maager and everything seems to be alright but i still can't go ahead with formatting. Is it the CD am using or where could the prob be. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
bimbor:

Help! My Sony Vaio laptop is just a year old, but the battery has been giving me a lot of headache lately, it does not last more than 5 minutes when it is unplugged from the power supply mains, presently I can only use it with power, is it not too early to develop this kind of problem? pls can anybody help to diagnose what the problem could be and if possible help to get me out of it, do i have to buy a new battery pack? guys pls help.

Also my DVD drive has stopped recognising discs, i visited the microsoft support page posted here and it did not fix the problem, I was told the problem stemmed out because I upgraded my Vista Home premium to SP2. Do I have to purchase another drive? and if I purchase another drive won't the problem resurface? Guys Pls Help a brother. Thanks.

1st I'm sorry to hear this. follow this brilliant advice http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk/blog/calibrate-laptop-battery/

2nd click start, my computer can you see cd/dvd drive ? when was it last working ? does it read audio disk

If the CD-ROM will boot from a recovery CD, then this would indicate a Windows software problem instead of a CD-ROM issue. It can usually be attributed to a corrupt driver. To reinstall the drivers:

1. Go to Start>> Right click My Computer>> Properties>> Hardware>> Device Manager.

2. Expand DVD/CD-ROM Drives line item.

3. Right click on the items below and select Uninstall drive on the resulting menu.

4. Re-boot the system and Windows will automatically detect the CD-ROM drive and re-install the drivers for you.

Try a different media - some brands will just not work correctly with a given CD-ROM drive. Watch out for compatibility problems with Maxell, Memorex and Macromedia CDs.

Check for unusual noises, maybe a ticking type noise. This could indicate a cracked disk. Or, the media may not be seated correctly on the spindle.

Is the access light on?

Is the CD Clean?

Check error messages in Event Viewer. Here's how:

Go to Start>> Settings>> Control Panel>> Administrative Tools>> Computer Management (or Event Viewer)

Check your manufacturer's web site for software updates and drive updates. Check for QSI firmware updates.

For DVD - Are you trying to write to a DVD that is READ ONLY?

If all has failed, you may be faced with performing a complete Operating System Recovery or Repair (preferred).

If nothing above has worked for you, then you may need to take the drive in to a service facility for repair or replace the drive.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2009
@AkinniNC

http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2009
@dypo

Instructions for notebooks:
Disconnect all external devices you have.
Unplug the power adapter from the notebook.
Remove the battery from the notebook (if possible).
Press the power button and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
Reconnect the power adapter.
Do not yet reconnect the external devices, they should stay disconnected. Do not yet reseat the battery.
Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally and watch if the power LED lights up.
If the power LED still does not lights up, continue with the next steps.
Disconnect the power adapter from the notebook.
Press the power button and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
Reseat the battery. Do not reconnect the power adapter.
Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally.

After that follow this brilliant link

http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk/blog/calibrate-laptop-battery/

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2009
@iphy42

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ProgramInfo.aspx

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
@Dlola

turn it off please back on

keep pressing f2 bios

look for main and IDE primary master
tell us what it says

also look for boot/ boot device priority
and make sure hard disk is set to number 1
on the list then cd/dvd should be 2nd

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.