Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,034 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:49 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (59818 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by chrischima(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2009
@Chrischima

HPWAMain.exe is wireless application bundled with HP computers that allows you to control different settings on the computer's wireless devices such as Bluetooth and WLAN.

Did you try to start in Safe Mode? use google to find out how to

start > Run > Msconfig >start up then look for HPWAMai untick the box

or type in Run services then look for HPWAMai right click property >stop it and then start it again

or refresh your wireless adaptor by going to device manager right click on the wifi adaptor then uinstall > ok

restart notebook then test. if you dont know how use google

Could you please let me know
how you get on as this re-enforce
what i already knew and to
learn more in becoming a better tec

Good luck and thanks for enquiring

@deji2009, Thanks a lot , It worked perfectly, so does that mean that if i tick back it will start all over again,
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by chrischima(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2009
Hey Pals,

I'm running Avast 4.8 Professional edition on Vista. Whenever I click 'Start avast! antivirus', a microsoft windows error screen pops up: "Splash screen for Avast! has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

I don't know what the problem is, but it is really annoying. Does any one know how to fix this problem? Please kindly help me! Thanks.

deji2009, any help? Thanks for the HPWAMain Module Solutions , U 'll never walk alone,
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by marocguy(m): 9:41am On Dec 09, 2009
marocguy:

I need help on my one year old lenovo r61i.
Problems
1. Battery not charging but hibernates
2. DVD-RW ram unable 2 read most dvd plates since i bought it last year,currently doesnt read any dvd or cd at all now
3. Space bar looks okay in position but gives space bar commands till infinity by pressing it once. As in it neva stops giving space
4. The system recently shows a blue screen durin booting and restarts. I suspect a crash. I ran a HDD diagonisis test and it tells me i shud go 4 support. I dont knw which support. I tried to reformat or restore to a backup thru lenovo recovery but it cudnt get d files from d HDD. And i didnt burn out d recovery discs.
My last decision was to pack it into its carton and keep it on my wardrobe. I'm scard of unnecesary bills esp from my corper allowee. Pls can u help me?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by arsenal4va(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2009
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by voas: 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2009
Good afternoon everyone. My laptop is working fine but the keyboard button showing digits instead of alphabet. Could it e an hardware problem or software. If it is any, what should i do. Thanks in anticipation. Vijay from Nigeria
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by HAH: 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2009
HELLO MY LAPTOP NO LONGER PRODUCING SOUND ITS SAYING MY DEVICE IS BAD WHAT DO I DO
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by tegasgirl(f): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2009
denzel2009:

You can download this

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

then go to registry and click scan for issues

Afterwards, click fix issues. It shd solve conflicting issues causing BSOD. If this doesnt work, you might have to re-install your OS.

Always back up your files.

Goodluck

i've downloaded it, so far, no problems. thanks! cheesy
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by osasdiddy: 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2009
my laptop mistakingly fell and the screen was broken.after replacing it my system has been working haywire.Each time i start the computer,the screen does not display at all but the start button light will be on.only until i try several times like 40 times before it comes up and if it eventually did,after a while it goes off telling me to uninstall any hardware or software i just install that it isn't working with window perfectly
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2009
I was pleased to hear that.

I like the efforts you put
in getting those pictures.

In IT we don't call user dumb
or don't know or little about
computers rather we use the term

User error 70% of time

Ask from tecs such as blackweaver
miketronics, theseeker and others
on this forum they"ll tell you

Got that right. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by denzel2009: 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2009
tegasgirl:

i've downloaded it, so far, no problems. thanks! cheesy

Fingers crosed!!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Romario(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2009
The Cd drive on my laptop is not playing

My laptop is very slow to come up, open files and on browing the net

Send solution to adex_97@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:32am On Dec 10, 2009
@Software.

I have just spent the last 5 minutes searching. None came up for windows 7

My best guess is to install vista wireless drivers should be ok for windows 7

Reason why you may ask ? I had HP 530 Vista did upgrade advisor before installing windows 7

to make sure all my drivers are compatible. did pass the test. I'm 9/10 this will be ok

follow Hp advice to install this www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=447371&prodNameId=447348&swEnvOID=2094&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-46095-1">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=447371&prodNameId=447348&swEnvOID=2094&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-46095-1

After that try connecting to your wireless network. your wifi light should be (Blue) not (red)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:37am On Dec 10, 2009
@busybody999

Hello, I'm just calling to find out how you get on
with your two dell laptop. Have you made a decision
as to replace the motherboard or to sell it
off to recover your cost. Like i said @ Busybody I can
buy this off you and use it as faulty/spare parts

I look forward hearing from you.

Regards

Deji
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:40am On Dec 10, 2009
@C2H5OH

Any update on the overheating issues

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 2:44am On Dec 10, 2009
Romario:

The Cd drive on my laptop is not playing

My laptop is very slow to come up, open files and on browing the net

Send solution to adex_97@yahoo.com

you might need to get the drivers for the cd to work and your computer being slow could be a virus infection or you need to buy more RAM
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 2:46am On Dec 10, 2009
HAH:

HELLO MY LAPTOP NO LONGER PRODUCING SOUND ITS SAYING MY DEVICE IS BAD WHAT DO I DO

your system already told ya what the problem is. get a new sound card
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:46am On Dec 10, 2009
@aladesuyi

I'm sorry to learn you were having this problem.

This is know issue with some Toshiba laptop
especially the L300 range. Anyway here's your
diagnostics. Don't be alarm ! please follow full
instruction. This solve 80% of No display issues.

This is called ATX Reset. This will discharge static build up
Take a ballon and rob it on your hair and try picking it
up with  a piece of paper. what do you notice ?

You"ll see the ballon is picking up the paper. This the
simplest way I can explain this. Here's your diagnostics Sir/Madam

Disconnect all external devices you have.
Unplug the power adapter from the notebook.

Remove the battery from the notebook (if possible).
Press the power button and hold it for at least 15 seconds.

Reconnect the power adapter.
Do not yet reconnect the external devices, they should stay disconnected. Do not yet reseat the battery.

Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally and watch if the power LED lights up.
If the power LED still does not lights up, continue with the next steps.

Disconnect the power adapter from the notebook.

Reseat the battery. Do not reconnect the power adapter.
Switch your computer on and test.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:52am On Dec 10, 2009
@omega25red

Hello my brother. how were you ?

We have had lots of battery issues.

I just wonder lol

Regards

Deji
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 2:52am On Dec 10, 2009
osasdiddy:

my laptop mistakingly fell and the screen was broken.after replacing it my system has been working haywire.Each time i start the computer,the screen does not display at all but the start button light will be on.only until i try several times like 40 times before it comes up and if it eventually did,after a while it goes off telling me to uninstall any hardware or software i just install that it isn't working with window perfectly

it could be that the new screen you have is not compatible with your mother board of maybe you set the resolution too high. start by reducing the resolution if and when you are able to get it to come on also check your power settings and make sure you dont install a new fancy driver that didnt come originally with your system before the monitor broke i.e installing nvidia for a computer that only uses vga <----just an example
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 2:53am On Dec 10, 2009
deji2009:

@omega25red

Hello my brother. how were you ?

We have had lots of battery issues.

I just wonder lol

Regards

Deji

hey bro you are doing Gods work here lol computer issue never stops lol
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:55am On Dec 10, 2009
omega25red:

your system already told ya what the problem is. get a new sound card

omega25red is 100% right @ poster.

@poster what problem is it ?

What does it say to be precise. it wont

just say is not working or is bad, we need

the actually error message. correct me if am wrong

I don't think you have speaker icon on your desktop

near the clock. do you ? if you do probably

white or red across over it. What make is your

computer please XP, Windows 7 or Vista.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 3:00am On Dec 10, 2009
voas:

Good afternoon everyone. My laptop is working fine but the keyboard button showing digits instead of alphabet. Could it e an hardware problem or software. If it is any, what should i do. Thanks in anticipation. Vijay from Nigeria

here is what you do look for the Fn key and look for the key that says num lk which should be at the top next to the F1 to F12 keys. when you find it
press and hold the Fn key and press the num lk key this should give you back alphabets good luck
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:01am On Dec 10, 2009
@omega25red

Yes Bro. we all help each other in anyway we can.

I have learnt alots here. I'm also benefitting.

The more you help and contribute the better you get.

something someone knew today may fade away.

constant learning would re-enforce that. even the simple ABC

some people still struggle to read in this part of the world.

simple things are always worth learning otherwise it can

cost someone. holla at you later.  wink
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:05am On Dec 10, 2009
omega25red:

here is what you do look for the Fn key and look for the key that says num lk which should be at the top next to the F1 to F12 keys. when you find it
press and hold the Fn key and press the num lk key this should give you back alphabets good luck

@user. that will work. 95% sure so make sure you follow the instructions.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:11am On Dec 10, 2009
@Fluid.

Next time could you please specify if it vista or XP.

Here's your diagnostics

Do not yet reconnect the external devices, they should stay disconnected. Do not yet reseat the battery.
Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally and watch if the power LED lights up.

Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally.

learn more in becoming a better tec.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:19am On Dec 10, 2009
@d-ROC. This is a common issue.

Here's your diagnostic's

http://www.laptops-battery.co.uk/blog/calibrate-laptop-battery/

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:22am On Dec 10, 2009
@CHARLOE

Hello Sir/Madam.

Here's your diagnostics

Instructions for notebooks:

Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:25am On Dec 10, 2009
@sledge406

This is not realistic. I don't think you will ever get it back.

Trust me. if you have Bios password protect then is useless to

the individual if no security then am afraid say is not retrievable

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by sledge406: 3:34am On Dec 10, 2009
@Deji2009

thnx so much as I tot so too. I jst wanted to be sure and I give props to u dat u answer everyone who gat issues. WELDONE!!!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:34am On Dec 10, 2009
Click Start, click Accessories, the right click on Command Prompt and choose

"run as administrator", then type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then hit enter.

If that does not work then try this fix again

start > Run > Msconfig >start up then look for Avast untick the box

or type in Run services then look for  AVAST click property >stop it and then start it again

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:35am On Dec 10, 2009
@sledge406

cool
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:41am On Dec 10, 2009
SmashingM (f)
Nigeria

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice.
« #240 on: December 08, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Thank you for this oppurtunity. My friend travelled for four months and during this time, his labtop was neither used nor charged. When he came back, the labtop refused to boot and all attempt to boot it has proofed unabortive. I'll be very grateful to whatsoever help you'll be able to offer. The labtop make is Toshiba.

Thanking you in anticipation.

That isn't telling me much. could please tell us what happened

For example. turn on but no display etc

for the moment being try this

Switch your computer on and test if it boots normally

if you"re lucky laptop should turn on don't wait for anything

keep pressing F8 and you will come to advance option

use you arrow key to highlight last know good configuration
press enter and you should see Toshiba intouch with tomorrow screen

the windows logo preparing to boot to your desktop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better? / **best Solution For Android Phones** Memory Booster - **onguard Cleaner**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.