Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Nigerians, Excusitis And Change - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerians, Excusitis And Change (357 Views)

Change Your Mentality And Change Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians, Excusitis And Change by Trip4Jozzy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2016
Despite our many degrees our nation is in a state of constant decrease. it is by God's shear decree that we have not been shared in pieces, though we are laden with different diseases. Please do not dismiss this, rather deliberate on it and you will see that Masters degrees are on the increase, yet they are not masters within; if you doubt quiz them and see, all you'll find is they are masters on paper, they might look dapper but upstairs all they got is paper, infact TABULARASA!
SOLUTIONS! Solutions!! they do not understand this chemistry, if you have a masters and have no solutions for this generation, then you are a master disgrace. Your academic certificate is worthless if you do not an achievement certificate from the school of life. Sad our schools have become zoos, all they do is cage creativity. They do not teach to express it they only help repress it. lecturers joyfully oppressing, how repulsive, they delight in abusing.

At 56 my nation is in a recession, they yelled change!! with a broom little did we know they were coming to sweep Nigerians to their graves. i hear is weepings and wailing, our economy is failing, dollar is winning, our leaders; Clueless, they fail to stick together so i say they are glueless.
We would soon be 60 cos we started in 1960 but if we do not involve God we would soon be biscuits dancing on the palates of Pilate.
Once Great Giants of Africa, now little giants of West Africa; the only thing still keeping us relevant is our large market, even our oil is waning. When are we going to turn to God? We have been reduced to our knees and yet we are not praying instead we prey on each other. Yes I know are forefathers were great hunters but they hunted animals not Humans, now I see men caring more about cattle than they do their fellow men; they call themselves herdsmen but I call them Hardmen cos they got hearts of steel with nerves of platinum cos they feel nothing and are moved by nothing and so go nowhere though they cover a great distance by foot yet they are backwards.

Nigerians need to understand the role of the Nigerian in transforming Nigeria, it begins with a change of heart, we do not care for ourselves yet we complain greatly when the government doesn't care for us, I believe the phrase is "Love thy neighbor as thyself" and charity they say begins at home. Every single one of us has a role to play, the decadence and wreckage level of the country outweighs what only the government can fix; check it on any scale you wish, though they are to play a vital role, we as individuals have ours too. A lot of us go to school and come out unschooled with twisted and warped mentalities, oh! how I look forward to the days when every graduate will not be clamoring for government jobs but involved passionately in becoming the government by creating jobs, when we will not be complaining about our leaders cos we are too busy putting them to shame by the amounts of life being affected by our credible ideas. Yes when you mention ideas, you hear talks like "I have ideas but no finance" and quiz that person further you will find that he/she can't even write a proposal, can't tell you what is the business plan, can't extrapolate the earning potentials of the idea; such an idea is a mere wish and of cause wishes are not horse so such ideas would never amount to anything. If you have an idea, refine it, cos what you have is raw and unprocessed and if you pitch it like that the most you gon get is a token and not the heavy kind.

Excusitis is a chronic disease that has ridden the youths of my generation, they have no time to read books that would transform their lives yet they have all the time in the world to read chats about facts they already know, hence you find them running on tracks heading nowhere, and whoever won a race by running through short cuts? They fancy easy money, fast cash to buy fast cars and of cause that would always crash. The cure to excusitis is action, face your fears and your fears will disappear, ensure you set goals and daily take steps driving you towards your goals, don’t be scared to aim high, you might not hit your mark but it forces you to apply more force to your leaps. Baby steps are still steps in fact better steps than no steps, for with every step your courage is encouraged, my advice is this; what you do not know, find out, for knowledge is a powerful tool once backed up by appropriate action it is reffered to as wisdom and do not be afraid to fail or fall for failing never made anyone a failure but quitting does, so ensure never to give up. Microsoft wasn’t Billgates’ first venture neither was Apple, Steve Jobs’ and of cause we all know how many times Edison tried before achieving his goal. So make your goal and no matter how unbelievable it might seem now; Don’t Give up. A nation is as strong as its individuals. Change begins with you and me.

(1) (Reply)

Pencil / Hello To The Other Verse….. / #32daysinseptember

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.