Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

My Movie;the Law Wrote The Script - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Movie;the Law Wrote The Script (718 Views)

Explore The Script Of Life / Synopsis For Ekenne My Movie Script For Sale / Looking To Have My Movie Screenplay Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Movie;the Law Wrote The Script by annie74(f): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2016
My movie;the law wrote the script

As I sat on the front porch thinking about the events of the previous months,how quickly our lives had changed.Our lives;John and I.I glanced at him and my heart built smiles until I tasted wet salt that dampened it.I could see his father in his eyes.Richard!.I couldn't help but think about his trip to forever.It has been two months now but my heart still feels empty.
"Mum"John's tug jarred me back to reality until his question sends me right back in
"Mum,when will daddy be back,I miss him already"
I miss my husband too.Richard whose life was taken by a uniform of law and order.I remember everything that happened after I got the call that Richard was in the hospital,how I darted out of the house,endured the traffic,the apprehension,the silent prayers,the look on the faces of the nurses and the pain,Oh the pain!when I finally saw a body covered from head to toe,I prayed it wouldn't be him.How death must have mocked me.
He was shot by a policeman.They claimed he was suspected to be armed but I know it wasn't true.He was shot because he didn't have their skin colour neither did he have their pointed nose but he was enough for John and I.
"Mum you have not answered my question"
It was a question I dreaded.How do I tell him that his father had gone on a journey of no return?How do I explain that his fathers' life was taken by a uniform of law and order?How do I explain that what I saw in movies had become my reality?How do I explain all these?How?

kindly vote for this story titled 'My movie;the law wrote the script ' for
the ETISALAT Prize for Flash Fiction( 2016)
Click the link below and like the story. thanks.

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=219

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Movie;the Law Wrote The Script by LoveJesus87(m): 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
annie74:
My movie;the law wrote the script

As I sat on the front porch thinking about the events of the previous months,how quickly our lives had changed.Our lives;John and I.I glanced at him and my heart built smiles until I tasted wet salt that dampened it.I could see his father in his eyes.Richard!.I couldn't help but think about his trip to forever.It has been two months now but my heart still feels empty.
"Mum"John's tug jarred me back to reality until his question sends me right back in
"Mum,when will daddy be back,I miss him already"
I miss my husband too.Richard whose life was taken by a uniform of law and order.I remember everything that happened after I got the call that Richard was in the hospital,how I darted out of the house,endured the traffic,the apprehension,the silent prayers,the look on the faces of the nurses and the pain,Oh the pain!when I finally saw a body covered from head to toe,I prayed it wouldn't be him.How death must have mocked me.
He was shot by a policeman.They claimed he was suspected to be armed but I know it wasn't true.He was shot because he didn't have their skin colour neither did he have their pointed nose but he was enough for John and I.
"Mum you have not answered my question"
It was a question I dreaded.How do I tell him that his father had gone on a journey of no return?How do I explain that his fathers' life was taken by a uniform of law and order?How do I explain that what I saw in movies had become my reality?How do I explain all these?How?

kindly vote for this story titled 'My movie;the law wrote the script ' for
the ETISALAT Prize for Flash Fiction( 2016)
Click the link below and like the story. thanks.

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=219
Hello dear smiley
Re: My Movie;the Law Wrote The Script by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
should have spaced your story well, its past now

(1) (Reply)

Have You Read The Poem "Ajala The Traveler?". I Am Sure You Dont Wanna Miss Out / How To Quarrel In Nigeria. This Short Story Reveals One Very Important Thing. / Research Writing Service For Your Academic Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.