Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? (1807 Views)

Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” / BBNaija: Omashola Cries While Trying To Make Up With Frodd / Karlkem, Uriel's Brother Comes Out As Gay (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by daryoor(m): 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Im sure every observant consumer of american entertainment will notice that virtually every broadcast television networks such as fox, abc, nbc are doing a better job than ever at bringing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer characters into the storytelling fold. 

Im also sure a vast amount of people are into series such as  empire, glee , orange is the new black, supernatural, the 100, faking it. You'll  notice the LGBT sympathy, and the delibrate effort in forcing us and manipulating our emotions to feel compassion for and accept the LGBT community. This is just the beginning, the aim is to get us enough screen time to get used to seeing two men kiss and to get our children to be born into a world where they'll be brainwashed from their early stages to see Lesbianism and Gayism as a norm.

Of 895 regular characters anticipated to get screentime on a broadcast series in the period surveyed (June 1, 2016 to May 31, 2017), 43 (or 4.8%) identified as LGBTQ, according to the organization's annual "Where We Are on TV" report. There were also 28 recurring characters who identified as LGBTQ. You might think 4.8 % is minuscule, how many times did the single gay guy in empire (i cant remember his name)  make you push the fast forward button.

From my own point of view. I see this as a victory for this evil media houses. They have won the war before it even started. You will be reading this fuming with your hatred for anything LGBTQ and feel homosexuality will never be the most popular sexual orientation. What i envisage is that, bisexualism will be the most popular sexual orientation of the future. People will not want to be taggeed canivore or vegetarian they will  just want good food and Good food in this sense will refers to any of the sexes they find attractive.

Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by cassidy1996(m): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
America! Headquarter of all bad habits....
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
True talk, every series, you be it, flash, Gotham, Lucifer like everyone, and now they are in our cartoons courtesy Nickelodeon
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 09, 2016
Then u stop watching their shows and stick to u'r mediocre Hollywood... Dumbasss angry

1 Like

Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by tspun(m): 6:33am On Nov 09, 2016
I have notice that a lot in almost all their shows, even how to get away with murder that I am currently watching is predominantly visible and u can't help but relate with it emotionally.

1 Like

Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by Jaynom(m): 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
They are trying to make you familiar, eventually you'll become indifferent. Your kid sis/bro, nieces and nephews will grow up believing it is the norm and "THE BILL" will get passed in the National Assembly Kapish?
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by getbizy: 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Supergirl, Once upon a time, How to get away with murder, Gotham, Quantico, Shades of blue etc have gay scenes. Ive decided to switch to K-dramas o.
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2016
Yeah, that's how awareness starts, basically.

However, you're not being forced to watch it; neither are you being compelled to download them.

Hit the fast forward button or stop watching them :

Shikena!
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by Norman4real(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
The few shows that previously didnt have gay characters were not getting good ratings, so they add this gay nonsense to popularise the show. I'm really worried for our future African generation.
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by lymelyte(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2016
I'm actually not worried about we grown ups. I fear for our kids who are still naive and have infant mind.

1 Like

Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by TopsyKrete: 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
let's wait and see what the new Sheriff in town has to say bout it...

sadly this shameful act was publicized under a black man's regime
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
Where I really got pissed off is when they made penguin gay in Gotham.

How do u make the crime lord of Gotham gay. That is a sin against humanity.
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by getbizy: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
Na wa o Penguin gay? Just so the ratings of Gotham go high or what? Smh
Re: Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? by daviddagreat: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
it business. it increases ratings which is good for business.

its also done to accommodate more audiences, so some set of people are not over looked.

buh as a grown up these should not be a problem, u have a remote ryt?

(1) (Reply)

Download Olorun Atijo 2 Latest Yoruba Movie 2020 / Late Tanzanian Actor Predicted Death In Unreleased Movie / What ARE YOUR TOP 3 FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV SERIES OF ALL TIME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.