Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Bounced Checks And Chexsystem In The USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bounced Checks And Chexsystem In The USA (680 Views)

Should I Still Travel To The USA? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? / Man Checks Single Can Of Beer As Luggage On Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bounced Checks And Chexsystem In The USA by Jhimere: 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hi guys, i recently deposited a check into my Bank of America account and was able to withdraw $200 immediately, I was hoping the balance would clear in a few days before my bank notified me that the check was a counterfeit. Now my accounts have been closed and I have been reported to chexsystems for suspicious fraudulent activities. I believe this means I wouldn't be able to bank with a major bank in the United States for 5-7 years. Although I have reported the issue to the police including the person that issued the check. Can I dispute the negative account action on chexsystem? I have also made a repayment plan for my overdrawn account but how long would I have before it is turned over to collections?
Re: Bounced Checks And Chexsystem In The USA by classichsy(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2016
Call the bank customer care and explain your ordeal. Likewise contact a lawyer and you will be told more of what to do.
Re: Bounced Checks And Chexsystem In The USA by KingSango(m): 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
Jhimere:
Hi guys, i recently deposited a check into my Bank of America account and was able to withdraw $200 immediately, I was hoping the balance would clear in a few days before my bank notified me that the check was a counterfeit. Now my accounts have been closed and I have been reported to chexsystems for suspicious fraudulent activities. I believe this means I wouldn't be able to bank with a major bank in the United States for 5-7 years. Although I have reported the issue to the police including the person that issued the check. Can I dispute the negative account action on chexsystem? I have also made a repayment plan for my overdrawn account but how long would I have before it is turned over to collections?

File a police report against the person who wrote you the check, gather any and all information about their identity, plus any other documentation that proves your innocence, rather your version of events.

Ase

Love Sango

(1) (Reply)

Buying Goods From Dubai / Pls Hlp Me, Does Anyone Here Knwo The Price From Portharcourt To Imo? / What Makes London England Such A Unique City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.