Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash (1037 Views)

LASU Post UTME Form 2019/20 Is Out, Visit Us In The School Campus To Apply / UNIOSUN Students Protest As EFCC Storms Campus To Arrest 20 Students (Photos) / 7 Things Students Can Do During The ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by rioemmanuel(m): 7:15am On Nov 09, 2016
Though academic work can be so demanding and time consuming, nevertheless there are still various things students can embark on earn extra cash on campus.
It will still be a worthy experience if we can earn extra cash by doing things which doesn't require much stress or in any way demeaning.

1. Learn the most paying skill:

Though most people might just advice you learn a skill, but not all skills can be learned within a short period of time. However, there are still some you can learn within two weeks or three and you start earning from it. Examples are Graphics design,baking,front end web design and so on

2. Work as a freelancer:

This is pretty easy to set up provided you are really ready to make more money. Who is a Freelancer? A freelancer is someone who is skilled in a particular field and works for different company and people without necessarily being employed by them.
Your skilled area can be writing, editing,translation,photography, web design,illustrating and so on. So what are you skilled at, or what skill do you want to learn. There are also some online company that uses the services of freelancers like fiverr, upwork and freelancing.com. You can check them up and make your decision.

3. Blogging:

Though this has been really abused because of the "copy and paste" bloggers we have now. But you can still make it in this field if you are going to be writing unique content and using the right keywords. It doesn't require any previous experience, but requires little or no capital and hardwork . To get started, pick your niche and set up your blog. If you need help on how to set up a blog, browse through the webmaster section.

4. Computer business center : Do you have a laptop? If yes, you are good to go, all you have to do is make an arrangement with a shop owner on campus and lend a photocopying machine for the main time. Set up a business centre and stat helping students with their registration and photocopying jobs. Though, can be time consuming but still worth it.

5. Making yourself available:
This works with the first two point I've given. Let say you don't really know how to do a certain stuff like logo design, but somehow somehow, you got the job to design a logo for a friend or anyone, the trick is never say "I can't do it" Just go learn how to do it. It is all over the internet. Yes! This has really worked for me. You can also help lazy students with their assignment and get paid.

6. Make up artiste:

There's actually no weekend without one or two occasions, we all want to look good and adorable, this is a good opportunity for make up artiste,it easy and simple to execute. You get to make a lot especially if you are good at it. You can try this out and see the results yourself.

7. Fashion designer:

Though this is not easy to learn and takes time before one becomes an expert. For those who are good is sewing, you can actually make a living from it on campus, all you have to do is get your friends to know about what you do and do them well. It is profitable and rewarding as well.

Do have a wonderful academic section

Source: www.unilorincloud.com.ng
Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by tsamson(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2016
Seriously, op add more
Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by dauddy97(m): 7:38am On Nov 09, 2016
what about, opening a barbing salon and amendment of turn clothes for your pals in the campus. it has been helping over here

1 Like

Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by firstking01(m): 8:24am On Nov 09, 2016
Dry cleaning job, this one might be demanding tho...but it will very good if you school in a place like nekede where they run morning and evening programme.
Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by coolbreezy01: 11:25am On Nov 09, 2016
Nice one op but it seems most of then above solutions are for males.

How about females they need stuff like these more though.
Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by rioemmanuel(m): 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
dauddy97:
what about, opening a barbing salon and amendment of turn clothes for your pals in the campus. it has been helping over here
on point bro. thanks for contributing
Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
I wish I did number 1. No one even opened my eyes to it. There were opportunities to learn auto cad or video editing. Believe me, no skill is a waste. As a matter of fact, the more you learn, the more you increase your capacity to earn.
But number two is so super cool, especially the writing aspect. You can earn in three hours of writing what some people earn in a day or two, provided you're good at what you do.
I keep repeating it to students, strive to earn some money for yourself. Stop depending on the money they send you from home. That thing is ephemeral compared to a woman's period. In a day or two, that money is basically gone, especially when you have to cater for your feeding and other academic materials you need. The benefits are enormous!
Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by rioemmanuel(m): 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
Joseid:
I wish I did number 1. No one even opened my eyes to it. There were opportunities to learn auto cad or video editing. Believe me, no skill is a waste. As a matter of fact, the more you learn, the more you increase your capacity to earn.
But number two is so super cool, especially the writing aspect. You can earn in three hours of writing what some people earn in a day or two, provided you're good at what you do.
I keep repeating it to students, strive to earn some money for yourself. Stop depending on the money they send you from home. That thing is ephemeral compared to a woman's period. In a day or two, that money is basically gone, especially when you have to cater for your feeding and other academic materials you need. The benefits are enormous!

You have written well bro, having extra source of income on campus is supercool
Re: Seven Easy Things Students Can Do On Campus To Earn Extra Cash by afanide: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
Nice write up.......

(1) (Reply)

Babcock University Important Notice To All Suspended Students / Abia State School Of Midwifery (S.O.M.), Abia State University Teaching Hospital / SCAM Alert: Mr Ade Collecting Money From Jambites For Runs Confirmed Scammer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.