Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. (43127 Views)

How To Transfer Airtime From Mtn To Airtel Or Glo To Etisalat And Vice Versa / USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction / Ussd Code To Stop Auto Renewal Of Airtel Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by helpinghands(m): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
Imagine when you are in the middle an important call and your airtime got finished, you have a little fraction in your bank account but you are too far from the ATM machine and you are also scared of borrowing airtime from your network provider because of the high return rate of 15%. Then here is the best option for you.
Use USSD codes to buy airtime from your banks.

Why this Option?
USSD airtime recharge option can come in very handy when traveling, in a new location and/or when in need of urgent top-up for either data or voice calls.

This is far better than the regular quickteller option that requires an internet connection or you, going to the ATM centers to top-up your airtime.

Another amazing thing about using the USSD method for airtime top-us is that, you can do this with a feature phone (eg. Nokia touch) and from the comfort of your home.

It is completely free, reliable and secured as it is linked to the mobile phone number that your bank account is linked to.

The USSD Codes
Here are the various USSD codes to use for recharging your mobile lines from your bank account.

For Diamond Bank: Dial *302*amount#
For MTN Diamond Y’ello Account: Dial *710*555*phone no*amount*pin#
For Access bank: Dial *901* amount#
For Stanbic IBTC Bank: Dial *909*amount#
For GTBank: Dial *737*amount#
For Eco Bank: Dial *326*amount#
For FirstBank: Dial*894*amount#
For Fidelity Bank: Dial *770*amount#
For FCMB: Dial *389*214*amount#
For Sky bank: Dial *389*076*1*amount#
For Heritage bank: Dial *322*030*amount#
For keystone Bank: Dial *322*082*amount#
For Sterling Bank: Dial *822*amount#
For UBA: Dial *389*033*1*amount#
For Zenith Bank: Dial *966*amount#
For Unity bank: Dial *322*215*amount#
Mtn Nigeria introduced the use of *904*amount# for registered user.( Have tried with First Bank, don’t know of other banks)

This can also be used
This service can be used to buy airtime for yourself and friends alike. Using the First Bank format as sample for this section, you will need follow the tips below.

When Recharging Your own Line
If you run out of airtime or needs buy a recharge card for your phone (no internet access is required for it), simply dial the USSD code *894*Amount# using the registered phone number.
Your account will be credited with the amount entered. for example, dialing *894*200# will credit your phone with NGN200 airtime.

When Recharging Your Friends or Family’s Lines
To send recharge card to someone from your First Bank account using this service, you will need enter the USSD code, amount and the person’s phone number.

Example, dial *894*Amount*Phone number# to buy a recharge card for someone else. for example, dialing *894*200*080000000# will send NGN200 airtime to 080000000

This Service is available to all network in Nigeria.

Source:
https://dlawtechy./2016/11/09/short-code-to-buy-airtime-from-various-nigerian-banks/

21 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by mmmallstar(m): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
Good Info, FP worthy... Lalasticlala come and see
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by helpinghands(m): 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
mmmallstar:
Good Info, FP worthy... Lalasticlala come and see

Thanks man
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by anderkruse(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
very informative thread, nice one OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by fratermathy(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
How many times will this make frontpage?

2 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by chelseabmw(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
Osheyyyyyyy
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
nice one
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by richidinho(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
I knew that of ecobank long before now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Uchehot: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
where is UNION BANK

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Abeyjide: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
what of balogun fulani micro finance bank? good work
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Blessoladejo(f): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
Wow I like the idea of buying card without stress
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by sanfranka2(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
mehn this short USSD has rendered my bank account useless,, I now recharge every second... guys I need to forget mine... GTB... EVERY MINUTE I AM PRESSING *737*500#

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Diva122(f): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
Good to know.

2 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by overdrive(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
Cool let me sharply clear my #2k in ecobank!I don't trust those guys!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by willi926(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
Ok, thank u very mch.let me try it out

2 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by MOFAZIT: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
what of union bank?

1 Like

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by abimbawealth(f): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
*919*amount# for registered number

*919*phone number*amount# unregistered number

UBA

3 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by jericco1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
Does that of Diamond Bank really work?

4 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by muller101(m): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2016
Stale post
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by blesseddimson60: 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2016
Abeg, Wema bank Neva upgrade reach DT level?

2 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Vince77(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
People selling recharge cards on the streets wil soon be out of jobs.

Technology is taking over

1 Like

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by fagbohun4j(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
Guy, my account go enter red within few days o. Na to dey recharge and start calling any number wey flash. 'Gbese re ooooooo' in lil kesh's voice.

2 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by clevadani: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
Dunno what to write
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Yinkatolu: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
USSD means Unstructured Supplementary Service Data tongue

6 Likes

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by suyamasta(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
Ruff play! i prefer cash please!

1 Like

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by yomalex(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
UBA is *919*amount# or *919*anotherphonenumber*amount#

Check up to date codes => Buy Airtime from Bank Account

In case your money enter voicemail grin and dem no wan return your money Learn How to Report your Bank to CBN

1 Like

Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by Ndudi4: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
Diamond bank not working. I just tried it. Or it doesn't work with Glo lines?
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by permsec: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
Even Microfinance Banks? Yeye!
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by maberry(m): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
Op be guided o
U dey post wetin u no dey sure of here
Re: Short USSD Code To Buy Airtime From Any Nigerian Bank. by preetypam(f): 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2016
I make use of that of mtn...but you should be ready to be buying airtime every minute of the day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Don't See Nobody talking About Tablets Anymore / My Boss At Work Gave Me Iphone X / MTN Nigeria Android Smartphone (Mini) S620

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.