Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC (115996 Views)

Flashback To When Pastor Sunday Adelaja Exposes MMM Promoters / Presidency Buhari Calls MMM Promoters Fraudsters, Maps Out Strategy To Stop MMM / Breaking News: We Cannot Go After MMM Promoters, EFCC Tells NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Girlbestfriend(f): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
stilldan001:
No Website that cant be shut.. it doesnt matter where it was hosted... ASK what happened to liberty reserve... They were shut completely....

And to shut MMM. the only thing the Naija Government would do will be to block the site from opening on any Nigeria web IP and ISP
. then I wee just change my IP address, and continue with my MMM, don't be fooled Nigerians wee always find a way......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATHIEVES. OCCULTIC PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO MILK THE PURSE OF THIS COUNTRY DRY "ALONE" AND KEEP PUTTING THE MASSES UNDER POVERTY WITH INPUNITY. GOD WILL PUNISH AS MANY OF YOU WHO HAVE VEHEMENTLY VOW NIGERIANS WILL KEEP SUFFERINGS.
IMAGINE NIGERIANS CHOOSING TO BENEFIT FROM MMM WITH THEIR OWN HARD EARNED MONEY, NOT STOLEN MONEY AND SOMEBODY IS IN DEMONIC PAIN.

PLS ALL MAVRODIANS, KEEP PHing and GHing..THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION TO STAYING ALIVE WITH MMM. LONG LIVE MMM. MMM INDEED PAYS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by dguyindcorner(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
hotspec:

Can't imagine u asking "where the servers are located"? Guy, kindly update ur ICT skills and knowledge bf u tag someone ignorance.

You lost again. Let me rephrase for your understanding. Where is the website server hosted?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Moganajoe: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
chilet4cici:
At times I laugh when people say FG will shut down MMM as if mmm is one shop at ebutte-meta, oyingbo or Alaba market, as if MMM is one company at Agbara industrial estate.my take, if FG can not stop u from browsing the internet,they can't stop u from access and runing ur mmm account. Let me shock u. MMM program is not a program that started yesterday. it has survive tougher periods than this. It passed through fierce fire, yet it came out refined, crystal sparkling and purer than GOLD. your own MMM can only stop when you as a participant stop to participate. Clever sergey mavrodi saw the feature and designed MMM not to depend on anybody to survive. So, with this Strength of MMM, it is possible for MMM to stop existing in a country but mmm can never stop being in existence. Remember there are over 7billion people all over the world. Your country is just a fraction. In short who u be? Also it is possible for only you in ur country to be the only one doing mmm. That is why we have the Bitcoin which connect u to global bank and every other people in other part of the world doing mmm. If u think u don't want to continue with mmm because of what u heard, I beg park well, and let people that dare big things take the center stage of the new financial revolution that bridge the cap between the rich and the poor. The battle of life maybe for everyone, but those that conquer their fears and dare big things are called achievers. In conclusion, always remember this, with or without you mmm will achieve it's goal which is to raise multi-millionaires, why don't u face your fears today, join us in the battle for financial freedom and be counted among the self-made millionaire courtesy of MMM. Nobody can stop u from achieving what u desire except you stop urself. Together we can do alot.
Godbless u chilet4cici, it seem those honarable fools dnt actually know what to do. Nigerians has opted to take risks with their financies how is that their problem.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by billyG(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2016
winkmart:
The House of Representatives on Wednesday asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox, otherwise known as ‘MMM’ in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.

The investment scheme has a Russian origin and “involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of
30 per cent return within one month.”

But, members described the scheme as a “scam” and warned Nigerians not to be carried away by the “mouth-watering” returns on investments.

Lawmakers warned that the “trick” used by the operators was to attract as many Nigerians as possible to invest substantial amounts of money before the bubble would burst.

The House directed the EFCC, security agencies and the CBN to take urgent steps to halt the scheme before many Nigerians would become victims of the scam.

It also asked its Committees on Banking/Currency and Financial Crimes to investigate the activities of MMM Nigeria Scheme, “with a view to saving Nigerians participating in the scheme from you financial ruin.”

The Chairman, House Committee on Telecommunications, Mr. Saheed Fijabi, had in a motion, drawn the attention of the House to the growing popularity of the scheme among Nigerians.

Fijabi, an All Progressives Congress lawmaker from Oyo State, represents Ibadan-South/West Federal Constituency.

“The scheme entered the Nigerian circle in 2016, capitalising on the high level of unemployment and poverty to deceive unwary Nigerians into falling prey to their antics”, Fijabi stated.

He said the fact that MMM was not regulated by law or approved by the CBN as a secure business venture, made Nigerians more vulnerable.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/11/house-of-reps-ask-efcc-to-arrest-mmm.html

lalasticlala
Na God go punish una if una disrupt MMM,did anybody complain to you that mmm is a scam,hav u pple ever made laws that alleviate our poverty level Banks are sacking,mmm are empowering people.who told those swine there is something call MMM
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2016
Jflex07:
which job are they doing? Are they not supposed to provide jobs for the masses? My friend shut the f**k up and mind your business. it's not your money

The earlier y'all educate yourselves about democracy the better so can ask the right questions of those you elect into office and just out of interest why do y'all think shouting abuse and insult on an anonymous forum is sane?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by GOFRONT(m): 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2016
Mehn see the way people are speakin one Voice here Witout being sentimenta coz a Lawmaker is an Uncle, Anty, fada, mother, broda, sista!!!...Wish we can speak one voice Weneva we Notice them tryna Mar our Future!!!

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by duepurpose: 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
DropShot:
Good job by the House.

Those of you old enough will recall that many Nigerians were defrauded in similar fashion in 2006/2007 through such investment with Real and Cool, Wealth Solution, etc. The return was even more fantastic than this. Many people lost huge money and some later committed suicide.

It mustn't happen again in Nigeria. A word is enough for the wise.

Rubbish!
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Adebanjids1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
martineverest:
that REDEEM church......EFCC ,take note!

Lolz na d church den go arrest or d lady-seminarian??

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by chimex001(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Lol na why I dey laugh when them dey talk..... All it takes is to shut down the website... O tan..... All their money don lost

Shut down radio Biafra before shutting down mmm useless imbeciles.

4 Likes

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by dguyindcorner(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
naijababe:

The earlier y'all educate yourselves about democracy the better so can ask the right questions of those you elect into office and just out of interest why do y'all think shouting abuse and insult on an anonymous forum is sane?

Because your ignorance sucks hian!
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by kbbanj10(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
house of reptiles. Una dey mad who una epp self. bunch of self centred people wether u like it or not MMM is it. deal with that or u die

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by nastydamus(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by chessguru(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
*VERY SOON, YU WILL GET MESSAGES AND BCs FROM PEOPLE THAT FG INITIATES A MOVE TO SHUT DOW'N MMM, BLAH BLAH BLAH*

*PLS DISREGARD SUCH NEWS, WE DO NOT HAVE A SHOP, WE ARE NOT UNDER ANYBODY, WE ARE IN THE AIR, UNLESS ALL THE BANKS IN NIGERIA WILL JOIN HANDS AND SHUT DOWN OR IF NIGERIA CAN SHUT DOWN INTERNET ACCESS IN OUR COUNTRY*

*SERGEY MAVRODI HAS CONSIDERED ALL OF THESE BEFORE LAUNCHING THE NEW MMM IN 2011, IT WAS THE OLD 1989 MMM THAT WAS EASY TO FINGER BY THE GOVT, THIS IS THE NEW MMM, NOBODY CAN STOP US*

*OUR FATE IS IN OUR HANDS*

*THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS WE DID IN GUIDERS' SCHOOL, HOW TO MANAGE MASS PANIC, I HOPE MY FELLOW GUIDERS CAN REMEMBER? OUR GROUP TASK, THE LAST TASK IN GUIDERS SCHOOL*

*WE WERE TOLD, PANIC WILL SURELY COME AND THAT WE MUST CONQUER IT, THEY GAVE US STRATEGIES, I THINK IT'S TIME*

*MMM CANNOT BE SHUT DOWN BY ANYBODYYYYYYYY*

*DONATION IS NOT ILLEGAL*

*THE ONLY THING THAT CAN CAUSE MMM-NG TO CRASH IS MASS PANIC*

*WE ARE NOT PANICKING, WE ARE WAXING STRONGER, THEY ARE JUST GIVING US FREE PUBLICITY*

*TOGETHER WE ARE ALREADY CHANGING THE WORLD*

*DISREGARD SUCH NEWS*

*EVEN SOUTH AFRICA THAT HAS A MORE COORDINATED GOVT COULDN'T CRASH MMM*

*THEY LATER APPROVED MMM IN THR COUNTRY AFTER MUCH WAHALA*

*THE PARTICIPANTS IN SOUTH AFRICA STOOD STRONG AND CONTINUED THEIR PH/GH FLOW*

*THAT'S THE SAME THN WE WILL DO HERE TOO*

*TOGETHER WE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD*

*AND FOR UR INFORMATION, I JUST PROVIDED ANOTHER BOGUS HELP

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by justflow1(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
chilet4cici:
At times I laugh when people say FG will shut down MMM as if mmm is one shop at ebutte-meta, oyingbo or Alaba market, as if MMM is one company at Agbara industrial estate.my take, if FG can not stop u from browsing the internet,they can't stop u from access and runing ur mmm account. Let me shock u. MMM program is not a program that started yesterday. it has survive tougher periods than this. It passed through fierce fire, yet it came out refined, crystal sparkling and purer than GOLD. your own MMM can only stop when you as a participant stop to participate. Clever sergey mavrodi saw the feature and designed MMM not to depend on anybody to survive. So, with this Strength of MMM, it is possible for MMM to stop existing in a country but mmm can never stop being in existence. Remember there are over 7billion people all over the world. Your country is just a fraction. In short who u be? Also it is possible for only you in ur country to be the only one doing mmm. That is why we have the Bitcoin which connect u to global bank and every other people in other part of the world doing mmm. If u think u don't want to continue with mmm because of what u heard, I beg park well, and let people that dare big things take the center stage of the new financial revolution that bridge the cap between the rich and the poor. The battle of life maybe for everyone, but those that conquer their fears and dare big things are called achievers. In conclusion, always remember this, with or without you mmm will achieve it's goal which is to raise multi-millionaires, why don't u face your fears today, join us in the battle for financial freedom and be counted among the self-made millionaire courtesy of MMM. Nobody can stop u from achieving what u desire except you stop urself. Together we can do alot.
do u know u can't access google in China, if FG want to scrap it, its as easy as saying it, and if u tink u can shield your IP then u can be charged for internet fraud. I m not against it cos I ave seen testimonies anD I have also heard of it, I m only trying goblet you know that FG can do more than they have said
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by millionboi(m): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
zicoraads:
Amen!!! At least, this girl would back off disturbing my life for a 100k loan because she wants to invest in MMM grin

But come to think of it, some of them in that House might be confirmed MMM subscribers cheesy grin
u are right,I don't trust all I no trust dem.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by fmlala: 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
winkmart:
The House of Representatives on Wednesday asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Central Bank of Nigeria to immediately go after the promoters Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox, otherwise known as ‘MMM’ in Nigeria.

Lawmakers strongly opposed the investment scheme, which lately gained popularity among Nigerians in the wake of the current economic recession in the country.

MMM promises 30 per cent return on investment for any money put into the scheme within 30 days.

The investment scheme has a Russian origin and “involves directing clients to make money available for an anonymous person with a promise of 30 per cent return within one month.”

But, members described the scheme as a “scam” and warned Nigerians not to be carried away by the “mouth-watering” returns on investments.

Lawmakers warned that the “trick” used by the operators was to attract as many Nigerians as possible to invest substantial amounts of money before the bubble would burst.

The House directed the EFCC, security agencies and the CBN to take urgent steps to halt the scheme before many Nigerians would become victims of the scam.

It also asked its Committees on Banking/Currency and Financial Crimes to investigate the activities of MMM Nigeria Scheme, “with a view to saving Nigerians participating in the scheme from you financial ruin.”

The Chairman, House Committee on Telecommunications, Mr. Saheed Fijabi, had in a motion, drawn the attention of the House to the growing popularity of the scheme among Nigerians.

Fijabi, an All Progressives Congress lawmaker from Oyo State, represents Ibadan-South/West Federal Constituency.

“The scheme entered the Nigerian circle in 2016, capitalising on the high level of unemployment and poverty to deceive unwary Nigerians into falling prey to their antics”, Fijabi stated.

He said the fact that MMM was not regulated by law or approved by the CBN as a secure business venture, made Nigerians more vulnerable.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/11/house-of-reps-ask-efcc-to-arrest-mmm.html

lalasticlala

Fijabi Saheed oooooo!!! How many times have I called you? You had better be careful before SANGO God of thunder break your mouth. Upon all my suffering to ensure you are made a rep, you still want to block the only opportunity left for the Masses. God of MMM will purnish you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by stilldan001(m): 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
What will happen to the scheme when only minority knows about changing ip?? . Do you think alot of people doing mmm know anything about ip?? those using mobile devices to do it.. Do you think they know what VPN means?? if you need to know... 90% of VPN now.. you need to pay before you can use them.... Be guided..

Girlbestfriend:
. then I wee just change my IP address, and continue with my MMM, don't be fooled Nigerians wee always find a way......

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by excel111(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
In ds recession

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by hotspec(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
dguyindcorner:

You lost again. Let me rephrase for your understanding. Where is the website server hosted?
I still laff @ d level of ur ignorance. D question i expected ofu was dt will it b possible to penetrate d server? and not where d server is located. Meanwhile, u dont need to access d server to block d website in Nigeria. D ISP's here can do dt? Have u wondered ao those adverts pop on ur phones anytime u access d internet? d same means can be used to block any unwanted websites..... Seek knowledge... Meanwhile dt is d location of d server dt host d site

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
gurunlocker:

Yes, they might not have physical office. But I'm sure you understand how internet works?... They only have to shut down their website and voila, all money gone!!!

All this MMM agents should stop quoting me, I don't reply anyhow quote. Keep investing your money, I hope you are happy now!!!!
mmm website is not hosted in any of the nigerian owned satelite. its not hosted in nigeria so how possible is d govt gonna shut down d site?
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Gnen: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
justflow1:
do u know u can't access google in China, if FG want to scrap it, its as easy as saying it, and if u tink u can shield your IP then u can be charged for internet fraud. I m not against it cos I ave seen testimonies anD I have also heard of it, I m only trying goblet you know that FG can do more than they have said
I agree with you, this site can be shut down and they can fight them till it crumble, The telecos need to be given Directives to shut down every MMM related site and future emerged site to frustrate the users.. Through varying technology by the telecos, Please don't dare the law makers. By the way, MMM is fraud and not registered in Nigeria....Ponzi scheme...Even law court masses will not win these case.

1 Like

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by MrEverest(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
fazbuk:
God will Punish dat Fijabi or what z d guy's name? wen dey were chopping our money like food did dey talk?
The house member that moved the motion is a big fo.ol. Why did he not move a motion against it when they first arrived Nigeria, it is now over a million Nigerians have joined that they want to stop it. Even if they stop it today, hundreds of thousands of Nigerians will still loose money. They should thread carefully in this period people are facing hardship.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by mpaulo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
If dis news is true, then we will like the poster to upload a video showing how, who, where and when it was stated that EFCC should arrest promoters of mmm . Please bloggers should take it easy with creating and passing wrong information. How is it even d government business, Government should calm down ooo or face what ever they see from d poor people wen they try to dat shit (dats if it's really true)
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Hoodwing(m): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
News is fake. Please discard. Information. I listened to NTA and AIT news, nothing like that. Please disregard this nest because the author is trying to put fear into people so that they will stop. They enjoy it when the poor has nothing to survive on and then they can give them peanut and use them as they want. MMM is real and all struggle to stop it is a failed project.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by iamphotoshoot(m): 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

So because it's not hosted in Nigeria it can't be shut? ....this something an 8years old should know..

Oga all-knowing, please explain, I am 7 years old.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by modsfucker: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
richidinho:
My money ooooooooooooooo
They shld pls wait till January

But honestly where will they see them?

Don't worry, we know them.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
dguyindcorner:

Because your ignorance sucks hian!

You are right, I am ignorant when it comes to ponzis and pyramid schemes.
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by trexlewis(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
stilldan001:
You dont know what you're saying... there's no website that cant be shut.... its not like the will shut its server... Na make dem tell all netwrok service to bock MMM site from opening on their service..... MTN, Airtel, Glo, Spectranet, smile ..ETC... if them tell them to block MMM web site it wont be opening again.... And dont forget liberty reserve site was completely shut by the u.s... so there's no web that cant be shut.

Nawa o, is that so? Bros listen carefully, this is a jet age. people know how to use an ip tunnel if you don't know I do. Besides ever heard of bitcoin? I will keep saying it, time will come the Nigerian government will have to consider shutting down online business like Fiveer and Co. You leave us with no jobs we educate ourselves pick up our laptops make money and pay taxes to the US government. Even if MMM Nigeria no longer operates, I have a bitcoin wallet with blockchain, I have enough bitcoin to still participate with other countries. information is truly the key, recession has opened the eyes of so many and people are alot wiser now. Soon they won't see any money to loot because I won't have to pay tax to Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by Jflex07(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
naijababe:

the earlier u realise that the people who decide to participate know the risk involved from the onset the better. so you mind your business and like I earlier said. it ain't your money
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
On a second thought this news could be fake, and can be coming from the syndicate that runs MMM, so that when it shuts down, they blame it on the government... .. grin

Smaaaart move! grin
Re: Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC by justflow1(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
Gnen:
I agree with you, this site can be shut down and they can fight them till it crumble, The telecos need to be given Directives to shut down every MMM related site and future emerged site to frustrate the users.. Through varying technology by the telecos, Please don't dare the law makers. By the way, MMM is fraud and not registered in Nigeria....Ponzi scheme...Even law court masses will not win these case.
it crashed in Zimbabwe a country whose currency is almost the same counterpart in heirachy to ours, they met with their ordea months back through MMM....Its Nigerians turn

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 / I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.